Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Are You Watching

+112
Corvus
vwlphb
darthtall
Grainne Mhaol
pinguerin
MichiSichi
jstilwe
bookworm
Coneycat
BrightEyes
Heather
Evil Lincoln
Tabby
sunni94
chick binewski
jensa
ulkis
laurelin_kit
salamandersam
Jude
Case
mandalaya
Gilraen
Pumpkin Cake
big chicken
violetq
Dachelle
Shadowlass
Algae
jennlynnster
Matinee
Never Enough
bosoxgirl
VodouDoll
ActonBell
Kiran
punkysdilemma
Agent Sculder
Arabella
MaddyCat
The Glen
Morning Angel
naughty zoot
Fiammetta
dionneshea
slowmotion
xyzzy
mayram
Wildog27
Jamie
Menshevixen
bbridges
laddical
puddingcup
Putli Bai
CherryFlame
Miss Moneypenny
Escape
Jessica
blixie
The Dude
Cynara
nikita
Gillian
Red Wolf
gannetguts
chibimanda
GoodbyeWithWords
Wilhelmina
punzy
Bad Username
dreago
tothemax
QueenSix
RiverThames
jcpdiesel21
Luthien
marooned
biakbiak
mrinsouciance
sen3
sagitare
Raised by wolves
Swarley
whatthedeuce
Gallifrey Girl
Poubelle
epudom
maxell131313
truecrystal
Francie Nolan
Raksha
Carrie Ann
Instant Monkeys
Genevieve
rivki8699
Eris Rising
mokey75
Lindsay Weir
mialoubug
caltrask55
queenofdenile
emrie
eventide82
snorf
katesti
Binky
Unlucky Bear
choubetcha
TiffanyNichelle
inversed
jaraga
116 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

What Are You Watching - Page 18 Empty Re: What Are You Watching

Post  RiverThames Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:10 pm

My wife and I consumed it in less than 48 hours. We loved it.

What's funny is there are a number of places treating it less than favorably (AV Club comes to mind), but it seems that their complaints are less about content, and more about, "We aren't sure how to review this with the paradigm shift!"
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Username Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:49 pm

I've watched a couple of season 2 episodes of Bob's Burgers, and it's hilarious! I definitely want to catch up on season 1. H. Jon Benjamin voices Bob, and it's weird hearing Sterling Archer's voice coming out of a decidedly not-sexy face.

And Bunheads. Bunheads, Bunheads, Bunheads, what am I to do with you? I am straddling the line between love and hate for this show. The talktalktalktalktalktalk is worse than Gilmore Girls because every character does it, and the pop culture references are endless and endlessly annoying. The thing is though that the dancing is great to watch, the cast does have good chemistry, and there is some pretty good dialogue that can occasionally be parsed from the rubbish. I don't think I'm going to stop watching though.

Bad Username

Back to top Go down

Post  gannetguts Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:33 pm

Yeah, I think I miss I'm watching Bunheads to replace it, haha. It's pretty much exactly the same.

gannetguts

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:26 am

Being somewhat of a vikingphile, I tried the History Channel's show Vikings. I wish I liked it. I found maybe a third of the first episode enjoyable, and didn't even manage to finish it. My problem: I suppose I'm more of an adventurephile, while disliking many of the standard drama tropes. Conflict with the arrogant arsehole jarl, Rollo wants his brother's wife. That sort of thing. However, I did like seeing said wife fight off her attempted rapists. Scarred one with a red hot poker, used a hook of some kind to possibly take out the eye of the other. All in all, I won't be watching again.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Username Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:01 am

So it's a drama and not a documentary series?

Bad Username

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:06 am

Yep. And I just... don't like drama. Give me something fun and escapist, not real-world kind of problems.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Username Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:25 am

I was thinking about watching when I thought it was a documentary. It's kind of weird of the History Channel to move into drama production, but I suppose if anyone can make historical drama work it's them. Or HBO.

Bad Username

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:54 am

I watched Vikings in the hopes it would fill the void Rome left in my life, and so far I'm liking it. It was a bit slow, but I think that's just because it was the first episode and had so much to set up. The previews for what's coming up this season have me quite excited.

It is kind of funny that the History Channel is moving into scripted shows, but with every other network seeming to be moving to all reality all the time, I suppose that's a good way for them to distinguish themselves!
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:50 pm

Adventure Time. Just....Adventure Time.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Case Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:41 am

I resisted as long as I could..but GFY's recaps won me over.

Hello,The Carrie Diaries. You may get everything wrong about the 80s and Carrie Bradshaw..but you fill a "Square Pegs" meets "Sex and the City" void that I didn't know I had in my life.

Now if they could manage to dump Candace Bushnell (Who only ever had one decent idea,apparently.) and replace her with Darren Star? The show could be really good.
Case
Case

https://www.facebook.com/case.crum

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:40 am

Bad Username wrote:And Bunheads. Bunheads, Bunheads, Bunheads, what am I to do with you? I am straddling the line between love and hate for this show. The talktalktalktalktalktalk is worse than Gilmore Girls because every character does it, and the pop culture references are endless and endlessly annoying. The thing is though that the dancing is great to watch, the cast does have good chemistry, and there is some pretty good dialogue that can occasionally be parsed from the rubbish. I don't think I'm going to stop watching though.
I love the show, but I must admit there are times I want to punch Michelle (and her real-life and fictional brother) for extreme quippiness. But I like the dancing so much, especially Sasha's, that I'm really hoping it will see another season, though it seems that's very much up in the air at this point. I'd be sad if it were canceled.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  salamandersam Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:37 pm

I've fallen in love with Duck Dynasty. I watched a marathon a couple of week's ago and even though I worry about the representation my state is getting between that show, Swamp People, Billy the Bug guy and Cajun Justice, I love Uncle Si and the crew.

salamandersam

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:46 am

Everytime I turn on my TV, the first channel I flip to is Food Network, in hopes that I'll catch an ep of Chopped. Instead, it's always mothereffin' Drive-Ins, Diners, and Drives. That show's kinda fun, too, but does it have to be on everytime I tune into that channel.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:49 am

Don't give up; if you randomly turn on the Food Network you are odds-on to catch one of those two shows, as they collectively must take up close to 50% of their programming.

And as you might surmise, I'm not a fan of either program.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:03 pm

Bunheads has been renewed! Yay!

Edited: On Twitter Sutton Foster said it's not officially renewed yet. argh.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  caltrask55 Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:03 pm

Argh is right. I have been waiting patiently for good news!!

caltrask55

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:10 pm

mrinsouciance wrote:Don't give up; if you randomly turn on the Food Network you are odds-on to catch one of those two shows, as they collectively must take up close to 50% of their programming.

And as you might surmise, I'm not a fan of either program.
Hahaha! Fair enough, mri. Programming on that network really is quite repetitive.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:21 am

My honeymoon period with my cable subscription continues - I start watching a show and end up watching as many episodes as are broadcasted, and then I move on to other shows as I keep discovering what's new on tv. So far, my faves are: Storage Wars (all locations), the BBC's Secret Millionaire (I like it a lot), BBC's Top Gear (which I've forgotten to watch - I caught so many old eps and then I forgot the new season started sometime in Feb!), Coronation Street. I also have a free preview of the Travel & Adventure Show and am catching up with Ian Wright's new show (I've seen that guy speak live twice! once in my former city and the second time where I currently live), Anthony Bourdain's The Layover, Lonely Planet. I am certain I have forgotten other shows, but it probably is due to them not making much of an impact or just being exploitative!

Also, around 2 weeks, I finally got Homeland Season 1, from the library, and stayed inside the entire weekend, watching it and only breaking for studying. Of course, the following Weds, Showcase started broadcasting it!

I am enjoying my tv!

Back to top Go down

Post  sen3 Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:07 am

Yeah so ep 3 of Vikings moved the show way up in my TV watching order. That was awesome! And the Tumblr Viking tag has been so much fun since it exploded after Sunday's episode.

Edited to Add: I wonder if anytime folks start working on anything Viking related they go "First of all we must have a Skarsgard, which one is available?" Skellan has a huge brood of tall Vikings of all ages.

sen3

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:03 pm

I so miss having ordinary cable. I have all the basic networks, but no A&E or Bravo or anything fun. I really wanted to watch Vikings.

I digress. Because of the lack of cable, I've taken to watching streamed shows on my computer. Yesterday I watched the first two episodes of the (UK) Channel 4 miniseries Black Mirror. I thought it was really well done. It's sort of The Twilight Zone, but with a focus on modern-technology and viewing consumption habits. I found it thought-provoking and more than a little uncomfortable at times to watch. I'm pretty excited to see if I can find the third episode tonight.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:12 pm

Anyone watch Jane Campion's Top of the Lake with Elisabeth Moss and Holly Hunter? I enjoyed the first two episodes and New Zealand is so gorgeous.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:12 am

Dionneshea - The episodes of Vikings are available for streaming on History Channel's website!

In other news, I've tried for the third time to get into Skins gen 3. It's just not happening. Gens 1 + 2 4eva!
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:26 am

I was the opposite. I loved 1 and 3 and hated 2. By the end of it the only three I could stand were Freddie, Cook and Katie.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  laurelin_kit Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:26 am

Really? I hated 2 by the end and thought 3 was much better.
laurelin_kit
laurelin_kit

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:28 am

Heh. But we all agree that Gen 1 was the bomb, right?

I honestly can't really put my finger on why Gen 3 is so uninteresting to me, but I just can't muster up a single fuck to give about it. Plus, it just doesn't feel the same without a Stonem shit-stirrer in the mix.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next