Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Are You Watching

+112
Corvus
vwlphb
darthtall
Grainne Mhaol
pinguerin
MichiSichi
jstilwe
bookworm
Coneycat
BrightEyes
Heather
Evil Lincoln
Tabby
sunni94
chick binewski
jensa
ulkis
laurelin_kit
salamandersam
Jude
Case
mandalaya
Gilraen
Pumpkin Cake
big chicken
violetq
Dachelle
Shadowlass
Algae
jennlynnster
Matinee
Never Enough
bosoxgirl
VodouDoll
ActonBell
Kiran
punkysdilemma
Agent Sculder
Arabella
MaddyCat
The Glen
Morning Angel
naughty zoot
Fiammetta
dionneshea
slowmotion
xyzzy
mayram
Wildog27
Jamie
Menshevixen
bbridges
laddical
puddingcup
Putli Bai
CherryFlame
Miss Moneypenny
Escape
Jessica
blixie
The Dude
Cynara
nikita
Gillian
Red Wolf
gannetguts
chibimanda
GoodbyeWithWords
Wilhelmina
punzy
Bad Username
dreago
tothemax
QueenSix
RiverThames
jcpdiesel21
Luthien
marooned
biakbiak
mrinsouciance
sen3
sagitare
Raised by wolves
Swarley
whatthedeuce
Gallifrey Girl
Poubelle
epudom
maxell131313
truecrystal
Francie Nolan
Raksha
Carrie Ann
Instant Monkeys
Genevieve
rivki8699
Eris Rising
mokey75
Lindsay Weir
mialoubug
caltrask55
queenofdenile
emrie
eventide82
snorf
katesti
Binky
Unlucky Bear
choubetcha
TiffanyNichelle
inversed
jaraga
116 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

What Are You Watching - Page 19 Empty Re: What Are You Watching

Post  Menshevixen Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:10 am

Gen 3 is my absolute favorite, but I recognize this is a minority opinion. Speaking of which, I thought the final series was starting soon but apparently not until July. :/
Menshevixen
Menshevixen

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:15 pm

I loved Gen 3, but Gen 1 will always be my favorite. It was the freshest imo.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:32 pm

I think I only finished S1 of Skins because Nicholas Hoult was so gorgeous. And I really liked the Hannah character. Other than that, I remember feeling that I wanted to love it but would end up randomly tuning out a lot when I watched an episode.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:08 pm

It's #RetroMTV again, this time showing the first season of The Real World! Right now Heather B has Julie and Eric in the booth trying to rap with her.

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:43 pm

Heather B and Julie are still really close! They were in each others weddings!
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:58 pm

It's been a couple years so I'm doing another Arrested Development rewatch.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:10 am

RetroMTV is a thing? Sweet! Maybe this should go in the Unpopular Opinions thread, but the only season of Real World I ever liked was the 4th, in London.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  mayram Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:11 pm

Okay, the idea that there was a whole channel called "retroMTV" sent me straight to google and alas, it appears that it's just a rerun of 3 old seasons on MTV:

'RetroMTV: The Real World' Marathon Kicks Off Friday!
Before the new 'Real World: Portland' season debuts on March 27, MTV will air full runs of the original New York, Las Vegas and San Francisco seasons.

There are roughly 8 billion channels on TV these days, what is stopping MTV from devoting a channel to old seasons of their shows. They've got Real World, Road Rules, the challenges, Making the Band 1,2,3 plus a ton of other stupid, short-lived shows (that I may or may not have loved) like Sorority Life, Surf Girls, etc.

it was always my understand that you basically sign your life/rights away when you appear on one of these shows so I can't imagine there is much money involved in rerunning them (and music can be swapped out if necessary).

As for the retroTV marathon, Las Vegas? Really? AGAIN? Why does MTV love that season so freaking much.

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:28 pm

#RetroMTV is just a hashtag they throw up on the screen whenever they are showing reruns of one of their old series. Last year it The Hills, which began in 2006! Las Vegas was the genesis of the "modern" Real World mold where it's all about hot kids hooking up right off the bat, so I guess that's why it would be considered "classic" by franchise standards.

Last edited by Arabella on Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:38 pm

And Trishelle was probably the first of the modern day famous for being famous train wrecks.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:22 pm

I think my fave is Real World Seattle because it was the first season I ever saw, and I had a crush on crazy David who was dating that producer Kira.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:33 pm

Mine was New Orleans because of a similar crush on Jamie and a still nagging belief that had he gotten with Melissa she'd be less prone to rage freakouts on twitter.

And of course Come On Be My Baby Tonight is a masterpiece.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:51 pm

I was entranced by David's Boston accent and the fact that his eyes were two different colors. I don't think I'd ever seen that before up til that point.

Jamie was a cutie and surprisingly nice. I expected him to be a douchebag. Pretty sure I thought of "Come On Be My Baby Tonight" when I was in Chicago last year cuz that's where Super!Crazy!David came from.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  mayram Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:32 pm

Arabella wrote:#RetroMTV is just a hashtag they throw up on the screen whenever they are showing reruns of one of their old series. Last year it The Hills, which began in 2006! Las Vegas was the genesis of the "modern" Real World mold where it's all about hot kids hooking up right off the bat, so I guess that's why it would be considered "classic" by franchise standards.

Yeah, I technically understand why MTV always goes back to the LV well and I know it got them big ratings and all, but it just depresses me.

And I still believe there are enough people who enjoyed the old school show to justify airing the old ones somewhere in the billions of cable channels that exist on the airways.

I was entranced by David's Boston accent and the fact that his eyes were two different colors. I don't think I'd ever seen that before up til that point.

Jamie was a cutie and surprisingly nice. I expected him to be a douchebag. Pretty sure I thought of "Come On Be My Baby Tonight" when I was in Chicago last year cuz that's where Super!Crazy!David came from.

Seattle David was awesome, he was such an interesting mix of qualities and his accent just added to it.

I like all the seasons up to Chicago (with Back to New York being a low point) and then it got really hit or miss. I stopped watching for good after Sydney so I can't speak to them but of all the seasons up that point, Austin and Philadelphia stand out as ones that I really, really did not get into. The casting went to shit at some point and I have no idea how some of those cast members were chosen.

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:44 pm

Seattle David's freak out in the taxi was fantastic. HE COULD NOT have been dating that casting director more then two months.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:12 pm

Kiran wrote:Seattle David's freak out in the taxi was fantastic. HE COULD NOT have been dating that casting director more then two months.
"I love you so much, Kira. You even KNOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" That's all I truly remember of that incident, and I treasure it always.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:42 pm

"So I guess I'll check out a few episodes of this Revenge show on Netflix, since it got some buzz on Snarkfest."

Eight hours later.

"Oh, damn you all. I had PLANS this weekend!"
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddyCat Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:44 pm

Whoever mentioned Top of the Lake here....thank you! I found it on Sundance and TiVoed it. So. Frickin'. Good. It's tense and creepy and layered, and I'm loving it. So thanks!

MaddyCat

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:36 pm

That's so funny -- I was just coming here to ask if anyone was watching Top of the Lake. I didn't remember it was mentioned here. I'm really enjoying it. It's very Twin Peaks-y. Also I just learned that even though Sundance doesn't have an HD channel, apparently it's available on demand in HD. So I'll be watching the finale that way, because the scenery is probably my favorite part.

My friend and I are watching it together, and I'm having more fun dissecting, analyzing, and trying to figure out what's going on it than I have with any show for a while.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:59 pm

Is anyone still watching The Borgias? Because I caught up on season 2 and watched the first two episodes season 3 and it really made the leap to a quality show. Also they've decided to
Spoiler:
bbridges
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  sen3 Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:30 am

oh! I am! It has gotten better with each season, IMO. Cesare Borgia's hair and the quality of each season are inversely proportional. I mean like but how can he still be so hot with such truly terrible hair?

S3 has started out real strong, that hour flew by. Cesare and Michelleto on a Rampage was glorious. And I love how they have used Cardinal della Rovere throughout each season.

I don't know why, but I'm actually surprised and excited about that [not so spoilery] plot. I just didn't think it would really happen.

sen3

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:09 am

how can he still be so hot with such truly terrible hair?
I've always thought of this as Amanda Tapping Syndrome, from her time on Stargate. Some people have bad hair days, others have bad hair seasons...

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:03 pm

Haha, Cesare's hair is a.mazing. As is Jeremy Irons chewing on everything in sight.
We haven't started watching Season 3 yet, but we will eventually. Last year, we ended up waiting until it was over and just marathoned them. I found it was a lot more interesting that way, because some of those episodes are sooooo sloooooow.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:02 pm

Holy hell, the season (series?) finale of Southland broke my heart.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:08 pm

Is anyone watching Orphan Black on BBC America? I DVR's the first episode out of curiosity and was hooked. The lead actress is really, really good, and it has a good mix of humor, mystery, sci-fi and sexy times. My only nit right now is that the show goes out of its way to be vague about where this is taking place, so I spend a lot of my time trying to figure out where in Canada it really is.

And I am all over The Borgias. As horrified as I am by Cesare's hair at times, it doesn't even slightly diminish his hotness for me.

Last edited by truecrystal on Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next