Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Are You Watching

+112
Corvus
vwlphb
darthtall
Grainne Mhaol
pinguerin
MichiSichi
jstilwe
bookworm
Coneycat
BrightEyes
Heather
Evil Lincoln
Tabby
sunni94
chick binewski
jensa
ulkis
laurelin_kit
salamandersam
Jude
Case
mandalaya
Gilraen
Pumpkin Cake
big chicken
violetq
Dachelle
Shadowlass
Algae
jennlynnster
Matinee
Never Enough
bosoxgirl
VodouDoll
ActonBell
Kiran
punkysdilemma
Agent Sculder
Arabella
MaddyCat
The Glen
Morning Angel
naughty zoot
Fiammetta
dionneshea
slowmotion
xyzzy
mayram
Wildog27
Jamie
Menshevixen
bbridges
laddical
puddingcup
Putli Bai
CherryFlame
Miss Moneypenny
Escape
Jessica
blixie
The Dude
Cynara
nikita
Gillian
Red Wolf
gannetguts
chibimanda
GoodbyeWithWords
Wilhelmina
punzy
Bad Username
dreago
tothemax
QueenSix
RiverThames
jcpdiesel21
Luthien
marooned
biakbiak
mrinsouciance
sen3
sagitare
Raised by wolves
Swarley
whatthedeuce
Gallifrey Girl
Poubelle
epudom
maxell131313
truecrystal
Francie Nolan
Raksha
Carrie Ann
Instant Monkeys
Genevieve
rivki8699
Eris Rising
mokey75
Lindsay Weir
mialoubug
caltrask55
queenofdenile
emrie
eventide82
snorf
katesti
Binky
Unlucky Bear
choubetcha
TiffanyNichelle
inversed
jaraga
116 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

What Are You Watching - Page 11 Empty Re: What Are You Watching

Post  bosoxgirl Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:18 pm

My fave new show so far is Ben and Kate. It was funny and ridiculous and yet really sweet. And the supporting cast is great too.

I may watch it just for Lucy Punch. The makeover scene with the daughter killed me.

bosoxgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  caltrask55 Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:16 pm

Did anyone watch Elementry? I rather enjoyed it and will probably keep watching. Doesn't hurt that I have always been a big fan of both Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu.

caltrask55

Back to top Go down

Post  caltrask55 Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:16 pm

Did anyone watch Elementry? I rather enjoyed it and will probably keep watching. Doesn't hurt that I have always been a big fan of both Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu.

caltrask55

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildog27 Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:17 pm

rivki8699 wrote:
Escape wrote:I like the idea of Last Resort, but I'm not terribly sure of the execution. Yet. I'll keep watching, though, because I love Scott Speedman so very much.

I get this weird BSG feeling off of it, which makes me feel somewhat inclined to like it. Yet...I don't know. Somehow it didn't all come together for me.

Yep, this was exactly it for me. The concept is interesting enough, but the pieces didn't fit together well enough. I'm confused by all the love the critics had for it, but I might give it another shot.

Wildog27

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:24 pm

I enjoy it and want to see it develop. I am betting that Sherlock's woman who hurt him is Irene Adler, but it'd be kind of awesome if it turned out to be a female Moriarity.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:48 pm

I will definitely try Elementary and am hoping to love it because Jonny Lee Miller is awesome and deserves big-time success, and I think it's cool to see Lucy Liu as Joan Watson.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:28 pm

Kiran wrote:I enjoy it and want to see it develop. I am betting that Sherlock's woman who hurt him is Irene Adler, but it'd be kind of awesome if it turned out to be a female Moriarity.

Hee! I just posted the same thing about Irene Adler in the Elementary main thread. I hadn't even thought about the Moriarty possibility, but that would be really interesting!
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  sen3 Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:41 am

Sunday night TV this season seems more brutal than last season. Too many good shows, not enough time to watch them all...

sen3

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:52 am

Did anyone watch Call the Midwife on PBS last Sunday? I heard it billed as "the next Downton Abbey," which it's definitely not, but it is certainly an entertaining way to kill the time between DA seasons!

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:01 pm

I had it on while I was doing some canning and generally liked what I paid attention to. I think I'll go back and re-watch episode one on On Demand, because I missed a lot.

1950's-era "birth control" and gynecology - yikes.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  bosoxgirl Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:43 pm

I watched it and enjoyed it, even though childbirth scenes make me squeamish. I liked the lead actress a lot; her face is very expressive. I didn't see the credits -- Vanessa Redgrave does the narration, right?

bosoxgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:16 pm

I think I'm mostly watching Revolution for all the Stephen King references. In the last episode Miles introduced himself and his niece as "Stu Redman and Frannie." They mentioned Shawshanking their way out of a tough situation by digging a tunnel. And the woman who knows the secret of the power loss is a black woman living in a corn field who ends up being attacked by a mysterious bad guy named Randall. Whee!

I also irritated my mother by mentioning that Monroe has to be either Brit or Australian in real life because he put the emphasis on the word "miles" instead of the word "away" when he was complaining about the distance from their location to Chicago. She told me that I work too hard at watching television. I was right, though!
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  sen3 Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:08 am

Thanks for explaining the Stephen King references! I had no idea. I'll keep watching too, also for Miles and well everything except the boring siblings. I love the premise and the setting. Need fake-Katniss to tone down her sanctimoniousness a little more. She was much better in the latest episode.

I'm also all caught up with Copper and I'm so glad I stuck with it. It's paying off. The last few eps have been excellent. Annie is terrifying. Too bad she can't deal with her trauma and go to
Spoiler:
like Arya on GoT. Francis Maguire is my new woobie! So lame and pathetic yet still adorably hot. I heart you so much. And Morehouse is turning out to be a very cool to watch complex character. He's totally self-serving, but then he gives that money to the black boxer to get out of town before he's lynched and gives Randy Widow Haverford good advice to be honest with Kevin about Annie, and then in a later scene gives her drugs and seduces her.

sen3

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:21 am

bosoxgirl wrote:
My fave new show so far is Ben and Kate. It was funny and ridiculous and yet really sweet. And the supporting cast is great too.

I may watch it just for Lucy Punch. The makeover scene with the daughter killed me.

I like it, too, so far. I thought the second episode was pretty strong, though the dead twin brother thing was a bit eye-rolly. But the cast is pretty good, and that's half the battle with these sorts of shows.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:22 pm

For those of us who watch Louie, we won't get to see it again until at least spring of 2014 as Louis decides to take more time to complete this next season so he doesn't get burned out.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Never Enough Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:25 pm

Smart. Especially considering he also does so much behind the scenes duties.

Never Enough

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:35 pm

I wish Dave Chapelle had gone that route. I still miss Chapelle Show after all these years, but I can totally understand why he got burnt out and felt like there was too much pressure. Louis C.K. is being really smart by pacing himself and not forcing himself to keep churning out season after season consecutively.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:00 pm

Finished up Misfits and The Fades. Loved both. Now I'm in serious need of recommendations.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:37 pm

Moving through Sons of Anarchy. I'm enjoying it, though I don't like or dislike most of the characters - I'm pretty "meh" towards almost all of them.

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:16 pm

Matinee wrote:Moving through Sons of Anarchy. I'm enjoying it, though I don't like or dislike most of the characters - I'm pretty "meh" towards almost all of them.

Tried that, but couldn't get into it. I could see why other people liked it, but like you, I was "meh" on the characters.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:40 pm

I'm rewatching Life on Mars (UK) which is delightful, if you haven't already seen that. I heard that Pretty Little Liars is an addictive guilty-pleasure type show, but I haven't managed to actually see any of it yet.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:12 am

Hadn't planned on watching Nashville as I wasn't all that impressed with the preview during ABC's up fronts, but I DVRed it anyway and was pleasantly surprised. Connie Britton was great and Hayden Panettiere makes a perfect conniving little schemer. As an aside, Powers Boothe and his jaw of granite frighten me.

I'll be catching the next few episodes to see where this goes. It seems promising but I've said that about a lot of shows.
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:31 pm

Nashville got such a great review in Entertainment Weekly that I'm planning to give it a try. There's something about Connie Britton that just seems so likeable and cool.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:25 am

So. My fall tv report so far.

666 Park Avenue | bleh
Revolution | Surprisingly watchable.
Emily Owens, M.D. | Grey's Anatomy for.. teenagers? I dunno. Meh.
Nashville | Wow, I liked it more than I thought I would.
Last Resort | Loved the first episode. Now spiraling fast.
Elementary | I actually like Johnny Lee more than the Cumberbatch.
Beauty and the Beast | God, I was hoping this wouldn't be a trainwreck, but it so totally is. Vincent is whiny and Catherine is annoying. Thank God I have Perlman on SoA to remind me of awesomeness.
Chicago Fire | Seriously? Interdepartmental politics that involve whining about whose job it is (or isn't) to vent a house? This isn't like bitching about who should refill the laser cartridge on the office printer.
Arrow | Yum.
The Mob Doctor | It's on the shortlist for cancellation, but I kind of liked it.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:45 pm

biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down