Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Are You Watching

+112
Corvus
vwlphb
darthtall
Grainne Mhaol
pinguerin
MichiSichi
jstilwe
bookworm
Coneycat
BrightEyes
Heather
Evil Lincoln
Tabby
sunni94
chick binewski
jensa
ulkis
laurelin_kit
salamandersam
Jude
Case
mandalaya
Gilraen
Pumpkin Cake
big chicken
violetq
Dachelle
Shadowlass
Algae
jennlynnster
Matinee
Never Enough
bosoxgirl
VodouDoll
ActonBell
Kiran
punkysdilemma
Agent Sculder
Arabella
MaddyCat
The Glen
Morning Angel
naughty zoot
Fiammetta
dionneshea
slowmotion
xyzzy
mayram
Wildog27
Jamie
Menshevixen
bbridges
laddical
puddingcup
Putli Bai
CherryFlame
Miss Moneypenny
Escape
Jessica
blixie
The Dude
Cynara
nikita
Gillian
Red Wolf
gannetguts
chibimanda
GoodbyeWithWords
Wilhelmina
punzy
Bad Username
dreago
tothemax
QueenSix
RiverThames
jcpdiesel21
Luthien
marooned
biakbiak
mrinsouciance
sen3
sagitare
Raised by wolves
Swarley
whatthedeuce
Gallifrey Girl
Poubelle
epudom
maxell131313
truecrystal
Francie Nolan
Raksha
Carrie Ann
Instant Monkeys
Genevieve
rivki8699
Eris Rising
mokey75
Lindsay Weir
mialoubug
caltrask55
queenofdenile
emrie
eventide82
snorf
katesti
Binky
Unlucky Bear
choubetcha
TiffanyNichelle
inversed
jaraga
116 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

What Are You Watching - Page 12 Empty Re: What Are You Watching

Post  laddical Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:17 pm

Honestly? I'm kind of surprised no one's gone back to that well. Simon and Simon and Magnum, PI are the two big shows that don't feature Vietnam vets, talking cars, or rednecks from my childhood, and all three of those other shows have been retread at least once.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:24 pm

I believe at least some if not all of the main characters in Magnum (except Higgins) were Vietnam vets.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:38 pm

You are correct. I should have said, "Vietnam veteran convicts". Because yes, Thomas' experiences in Nam came up quite frequently.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:56 pm

Watched all of American Horror Story yesterday, except the last episode. We really wanted to finish it off, but it was already 2 a.m.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:48 pm

I just attempted Revolution, it did not go well. I was hoping they wouldn't focus on "Why did the power go out", but on a "How do we survive in this powerless world." Unfortunately they chose the former, which means I can't ignore all the plot and logic holes.

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:01 pm

To be fair, they aren't really focusing on why the power went out in subsequent episodes. Mostly they're doing wild capers to get NotCatniss' brother back. Occasionally a power related thing occurs, but it's mostly related to getting it back.

The thing that I find weird is that they apparently just recently decided that steam power might be a good way to do things until electricity happens
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:04 am

I got Netflix last month and now I never sleep. I burned through all of Battlestar Galactica. I liked it a lot and ignored the stuff I didn't.

I also watched The League and loved it. It's nominally about a fantasy football league but mostly it's about a group of guys (and one wife) shit talking each other and getting in stupid situations. I *heart* Taco. SHIVAKAMINI SOMAKANDARKRAM!!!!

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:21 am

Adventure Time. Like, I can't even deal with how this show works.

On the surface, it's the really whacked out Wonderlandian bit of nonsense. You have a human boy and his best friend, a dog with super stretch powers, and they spend all their time fighting FOR GREAT JUSTICE, protecting the Candy Kingdom and Princess Bubblegum and...

But then you start to notice things in the backgrounds. Rusted out car chassis. Bombed out buildings. Litter. And you start to meet characters like Marceline the Vampire Queen, and see flashbacks to her as a little girl 1000 years ago playing with a ragged teddy bear in a desolation of ruins. And that's over a season ago, and the episodes link up, but not always in order. Some directly continue on from an episode we got three weeks ago, so trying to piece out the chronology of the show can be a little tricky. Which obscures the fact that bit by bit the creators are putting together this tapestry of drama beneath all the whackadoo songs and silliness set in a world that it turns out is actually our own following a nuclear war.

And it's so hard to talk about precisely because they deliberately chop up the narrative sequence. But the new episode, "I Remember You", kind of broke the show wide open for me. I'd enjoyed it before, but now I think I truly love it and I haven't been able to stop thinking about the Big Reveal, which takes two semi-villainous characters and gives them this heartbreaking backstory that transforms the whole undercurrent of their current relationship by framing it as a child dealing with a parent's dementia.

From an eleven-minute Cartoon Network show that I wasn't even sure I wanted my kids to watch but they were so insistent. Does anyone else watch it?
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:26 am

I'm all caught up with New Girl, and now I'm catching up on Raising Hope so I can watch all of the excellent FOX Tuesday night lineup. I looove this show. My respect for Martha Plimpton is through the roof, and my mind is blown knowing that Garrett Dillahunt can play sweet Burt Chance AND creepy-as-fuck Francis Wolcott in Deadwood.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:34 pm

laddical wrote:Adventure Time. Like, I can't even deal with how this show works.

From an eleven-minute Cartoon Network show that I wasn't even sure I wanted my kids to watch but they were so insistent. Does anyone else watch it?

All I know about Adventure Time is that it's often featured in mash-up t-shirts on teefury.com - but your description sounds really intriguing!

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  mialoubug Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:38 pm

Gallifrey Girl wrote:
laddical wrote:Adventure Time. Like, I can't even deal with how this show works.

All I know about Adventure Time is that it's often featured in mash-up t-shirts on teefury.com - but your description sounds really intriguing!

My 16 year old daughter, all her friends and my 11 year old nephew LOVE that show so much. I've never watched it, but the daughter and her friends can recite huge amounts of dialogue from that show. And they worship Marceline.

And now, since I obviously win at parenting, I should make the effort to see what goes on there and watch it.
mialoubug
mialoubug

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:19 pm

All I know is that Adventure Time cosplay was All. Over. New York Comic Con this past weekend.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:11 pm

And it's so hard to talk about precisely because they deliberately chop up the narrative sequence. But the new episode, "I Remember You", kind of broke the show wide open for me. I'd enjoyed it before, but now I think I truly love it and I haven't been able to stop thinking about the Big Reveal, which takes two semi-villainous characters and gives them this heartbreaking backstory that transforms the whole undercurrent of their current relationship by framing it as a child dealing with a parent's dementia.

This episode made me tear up. I love Adventure Time. I'm glad my daughter is starting to like this and Regular Show more than the Disney Jr. fare, because I'm not sure how much more of that I can stand.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:52 pm

punzy wrote:I just attempted Revolution, it did not go well. I was hoping they wouldn't focus on "Why did the power go out", but on a "How do we survive in this powerless world." Unfortunately they chose the former, which means I can't ignore all the plot and logic holes.

If you want a story that's more focused on the "how do we survive" side of that kind of situation, you should read SM Stirling's "Emberverse" series. He world builds like a champ!

I've been trying to like Arrow, but it just seems bland and forgettable to me. I'm really hoping it'll pick up.

Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:18 pm

I admit that like 75% of the reason I'm sticking with Arrow is how good he looks without a shirt on!
bbridges
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:14 am

After an episode and a half of Call the Midwife, I think my womb has sealed itself shut, permanently. I am so glad I'm not a 50s housewife in the East End.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:46 am

Is anyone still watching Copper? The season finale is this Sunday, but luckily it's been picked up for a second season. The storylines are interesting and end up taking directions that I don't expect, and they manage to make the history feel real (if not look it--the sets sometimes look like sets still). And I find all of the characters interesting, even the one-offs brought on for the case of the week. Morehouse is my boyfriend.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:12 pm

I freaking love Copper! You're totally right, I thought I had this show pegged in the first few episodes but the storyline has gone in a way I didn't expect. I kind of love Andrew (? Right? The other, heavyset detective).
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:59 pm

Unlucky Bear wrote:After an episode and a half of Call the Midwife, I think my womb has sealed itself shut, permanently. I am so glad I'm not a 50s housewife in the East End.
Oh, I so agree. I've only seen the first episode so far, but I would very much like to get my tubes tied now, kthanks.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:20 pm

I spent an hour of my life watching Key & Peele clips on You Tube today. That show is pretty solid! It's not always laugh out loud, but there is a wry humor to every bit that at least makes me grin. The slave auction block sketch cracked me up because the idea of anyone getting offended that they're not being bought like a piece of furniture is just ridiculous!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  mayram Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:02 pm

I found season 3 of Roseanne at my library and man, this show is so much better than I remember! I'm pretty sure this is one of the better seasons (ie, before Darlene is all depressed and wearing black and early enough so Becky is only a bitch on wheels HALF the time) and my feelings on the later seasons will be more like what I remember.

John Goodman is just amazing on this show and he actually manages to convey tons of chemistry with Roseanne, which I can't imagine is any easy feat. If you were to tell me that one of the happiest-seeming marriages in tv history would involve Roseanne Barr, I wouldn't have believed it, but they really sold it.

The kids and Jackie are pretty great in this season too, I love Jackie and Roseanne just hanging around giggling and the way Becky and Darlene are at each other's throats most of the time, but pair up against the parents.

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:47 pm

John Goodman and Roseanne Barr had EXCELLENT chemistry together. Dan and Roseanne's relationship always felt very genuine and realistic to me. Not at all perfect, but there was definite love and respect there even when they got on each other's nerves.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:13 am

As I posted on Facebook, I've been watching the first season of Fringe all weekend, and it is DELIGHTFUL. It almost fills the hole in my heart left by The X-Files.

The music and the location titles are seriously the best, but I freaking love Walter. And Peter/Olivia, I wants it, oh my yes.

We also spent a good portion of last night drinking and watching Doomsday Preppers, but the less said about that show, the better.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:23 am

Marathon the other seasons, Unlucky Bear, so you can catch the series finale, which I believe is coming up in a few weeks. I have people on my LJ flist already wanting to cry because the show is ending so soon. It's great that the series lasted 4 seasons though, considering it's never gotten the highest ratings and had its time slot moved around a few times.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:22 am

I just finished watching the first season of Smash, and I really enjoyed it! I really enjoyed all the actors and loved seeing the politics behind the scenes of the show. Although I hated that stupid Ellis - he was such a malicious, conniving little worm! I'm really looking forward to season 2.

Bunheads just started here as well, and I just watched the first episode last night. It was good, and I really liked Sutton Foster (who I realised was Bret's girlfriend Coco in Flight of the Conchords). I'm interested to see what direction the show takes.
eventide82
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next