Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Are You Watching

+112
Corvus
vwlphb
darthtall
Grainne Mhaol
pinguerin
MichiSichi
jstilwe
bookworm
Coneycat
BrightEyes
Heather
Evil Lincoln
Tabby
sunni94
chick binewski
jensa
ulkis
laurelin_kit
salamandersam
Jude
Case
mandalaya
Gilraen
Pumpkin Cake
big chicken
violetq
Dachelle
Shadowlass
Algae
jennlynnster
Matinee
Never Enough
bosoxgirl
VodouDoll
ActonBell
Kiran
punkysdilemma
Agent Sculder
Arabella
MaddyCat
The Glen
Morning Angel
naughty zoot
Fiammetta
dionneshea
slowmotion
xyzzy
mayram
Wildog27
Jamie
Menshevixen
bbridges
laddical
puddingcup
Putli Bai
CherryFlame
Miss Moneypenny
Escape
Jessica
blixie
The Dude
Cynara
nikita
Gillian
Red Wolf
gannetguts
chibimanda
GoodbyeWithWords
Wilhelmina
punzy
Bad Username
dreago
tothemax
QueenSix
RiverThames
jcpdiesel21
Luthien
marooned
biakbiak
mrinsouciance
sen3
sagitare
Raised by wolves
Swarley
whatthedeuce
Gallifrey Girl
Poubelle
epudom
maxell131313
truecrystal
Francie Nolan
Raksha
Carrie Ann
Instant Monkeys
Genevieve
rivki8699
Eris Rising
mokey75
Lindsay Weir
mialoubug
caltrask55
queenofdenile
emrie
eventide82
snorf
katesti
Binky
Unlucky Bear
choubetcha
TiffanyNichelle
inversed
jaraga
116 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

What Are You Watching - Page 34 Empty Re: What Are You Watching

Post  Bad Username Sun May 18, 2014 10:41 am

Agent Sculder, if you haven't watched it already I recommend Young Justice. There's only two seasons, sadly it was cancelled as well, but those two seasons were fantastic.

Bad Username

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Sun May 18, 2014 10:43 pm

Buzzfeed made an easy guide to the Fall network seasons.  Here.  I am surprised at how little interest I have in almost all the new shows.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowlass Fri May 23, 2014 2:43 pm

Adventure Time, how are you so awesome?

Shadowlass

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Sat May 24, 2014 6:44 pm

I KNOW. Adventure Time is the best.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Sun May 25, 2014 12:26 am

I recently rewatched Buffy (after season 3) and The Office. I think both shows improve on binge watching than when I had to wait a week between. This is especially true of the final season of The Office. Overall it declined dramatically after Steve Carrell left, but it was still okay. The last season was still pretty weak, but the newbie characters didn't annoy me as much and even Nellie was almost tolerable. The Jim/Pam relationship drama, however, was still manufactured and contrived both in creation and resolution. But seeing it all together made me realize that the divorce I was rooting for would have been a bizarre outcome.

The final season of Buffy is still pretty rough - way too much speechifying and non-Scoobie people at prominence. I ffwed through a lot of the later episodes with the Potentials. And Spike's storyline makes absolutely no sense. And I say this as someone who only ever rewatches Buffy post-season 3 and Angel season 5 because I adore him. Still a fun re-watch, though.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  nikita Mon May 26, 2014 6:09 pm

I'm also re-watching Buffy and I'm currently in Season 5. Glory and Dawn aren't any less annoying than they were back then. I have only a few episodes to go until "The Body". Oy.

nikita

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:29 pm

On the Ovation channel, there's a 3 (or 4?) episode series called Big Ballet, following choreographer and former Royal Ballet principal dancer Wayne Sleep and Irish ballerina Monica Loughman as they put together a performance of Swan Lake featuring all plus-size dancers. I've only seen the first episode so far, but it's pretty charming. Wayne is very quirky and I love his "F you" attitude to the naysayers. Ovation is replaying the episodes a lot, so you can still catch it from the beginning.

Also, I this was originally produced and aired on Channel 4 in the UK, so if you live there you might be able to watch it on their website.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:18 am

So SF used to tell me whether or not to watch the show...so I will ask here instead of a new thread...worthwhile to keep watching crossbones and those who kill?
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:04 pm

MichiSichi wrote:So SF used to tell me whether or not to watch the show...so I will ask here instead of a new thread...worthwhile to keep watching crossbones and those who kill?

I only made it 30 minutes into the first episode, so I'm probably not the best person to consult.  I just couldn't stand anything about it.

ETA: I'm referring to Crossbones, never watched Those Who Kill.

Last edited by mrinsouciance on Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:43 pm

I liked Those Who Kill for what it's worth.  It was pretty interesting.  It was a total bomb though (got pulled from A&E and burned off on a even lesser network) so it's probably not going to get a second season even though it ended on a cliffhanger.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:39 pm

Did anyone else watch the Tony Awards last night? My thoughts:

1. Overall I thought it was a lot of fun. With NPH unable to host, I was wary of Hugh Jackman (though he's hosted it before) but I thought he did great. The opening sequence was fun, and wow is that guy in great shape.

2. I really want to see After Midnight after seeing the opening number with Dule Hill and co.

3. NPH was fabulous in the number they did from Hedwig. That's another show I hope comes through Portland, though without him as the lead I'd expect a lot to be lost.

4. Jessie Mueller might just be the most adorable thing around, and A) her dancing in the aisle with HJ and B) the duet with Carole King were both highlights.

5. Clint Eastwood is just getting awkward to see nowadays, though the guy got an enthusiastic reception from the crowd, which surprised me a little.

6. The genie from Aladdin was awesome.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  Algae Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:10 am

I've been checking out clips since I wasn't able to watch it this year (and forgot to DVR it) and a few thoughts:

1) The Genie was great! I hadn't expected anything, but I found the number fun. When he sang some "Old classics", I laughed out loud.

2) I want to see A Gentlemen's Guide to Love and Murder. Edwardian England, romantic misunderstandings, possible death? All my favorite things.

3) Hugh Jackman is in such great shape. I could tell the bouncing came from something, but I didn't know what. Does anyone else know?

4) After Midnight was the first number, right? The dancing in that was INSANE. And they were so fast. So amazing.

Algae
Algae

Back to top Go down

Post  katesti Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:11 am

Hugh's dance was an homage to Bobby Van in Small Town Girl. There was a blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment of the number on one of the screens when he was backstage.

I seem to be the only one on the internet who was underwhelmed by the Aladdin number. It actively irritated me for reasons I can't quite put my finger on.

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:10 am

I seem to be the only one on the internet who was underwhelmed by the Aladdin number. It actively irritated me for reasons I can't quite put my finger on.
I thought the number was OK, but I can't believe the actor that plays the Genie does that number 8 times a week. He looked like he was going to have a heart attack. I honestly got a little worried for him.

I think there's some sort of magic trick during this number they didn't do during the Tonys, a la the Beast's transformation in Beauty and the Beast. It was mentioned in the show reviews so I was looking for it but it didn't seem to happen. When the girls in the columns were revealed the Genie kind of walked off stage randomly and returned with a mike to do the stand up part so I think that's where it should have been.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  katesti Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:12 am

Right? And then he WON, and I went, "Wat" out loud at my TV.

I like Hugh, but I missed NPH as host. I do, however, hope he can lose that hair color soon. Is it a Hedwig thing?

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:28 pm

Sirens was renewed for a 13 episode season 2.  Hooray!  Also, Cougar Town announced a final season to come to put them over 100 episodes.  I'm sad CT going away but last season was not good and Laurie and Travis having a baby doesn't bode well for the next.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:25 pm

I finally sat myself down and watched something that's been on my Watch List for literally years: Friday Night Lights. And wow, am I enjoying it. The acting is marvelous, and the relationship between Coach and Tami is one of the best I've ever seen in series television. Such affection and chemistry! And Taylor Kitsch is hot, but then you already knew that, I'm sure.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:37 pm

Did anyone else watch the first episode of David Tennant's Mystery series on PBS, The Escape Artist?

I thought Broadchurch was wonderfully bleak, but this was downright dark, with a capital D. Great performances from the leads (especially the guy who plays the murderer; he's positively chilling). Looking forward to part 2.

Tennant's trying hard to leave Doctor Who behind, it seems.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:52 pm

It was too dark for me, I had to turn it off. I wonder how the typical Masterpiece crowd responded - it felt more like an episode of Criminal Minds than Masterpiece.

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:27 pm

Did anyone else watch the premier of Finding Carter? I luuuurved Kathryn Prescott from Skins, so I would have tuned in just for her (she does an excellent American accent, btw).

Basically, her life is turned upside down when she finds out that her mom is not really her mom, she's her kidnapper. She was kidnapped when she was 3 years old and doesn't remember anything about her original parents and her twin sister, plus she has a little brother who wasn't even born when she was taken. So she's given back to her original parents (who are played by Alexis Denisoff and Cynthia Watros, both of whom I also lurve), and everyone is having a very difficult time adjusting, especially since Carter's kidnapper mom is still out there.

Actually a very interesting show!
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  darthtall Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:31 am

I liked it, too, Raksha! I loooooved The Face on the Milk Carton growing up, so when I saw the preview I figured I'd give it a shot.

darthtall

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:17 pm

I have never even heard of that show, but that premise knocks my socks off! I think I'll check it out.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  vwlphb Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:44 pm

Sounds like The Face on the Milk Carton. That series was super popular when I was in middle school.

Not current TV, but I've been watching The Man from U.N.C.L.E. I am in love with it - such a good show! I've been pacing myself at one episode per day, so I'm almost done with season one. (I know season three has...issues, so I'm trying to make the good ones last as long as possible.)

One of the funniest things is how everyone my parents age loved the show and if you mention it, they get very excited. I asked my parents if they watched it, and they both immediately responded "YES!" Maybe things change in the later seasons, but while I love both the main characters, I definitely go more in for Napoleon than Illya. The suave, the charm, the suits. But pretty much everyone else I've talked to is Illya all the way, to the point that fanlore says Napoleon was either written out or portrayed as a buffoon in the fanfic for decades.

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:51 pm

It's the Russian thing, the forbidden desire. When the Soviets were the enemy, what could be more forbidden than a Russian spy?

I want to watch the show, but I've never been in an area where it was on any channels I got and I don't think it's ever been put on Netflix. I think I would love to spend a week just mainlining UNCLE, The Avengers, and The Prisoner, then cleansing the palate with a sorbet of Get Smart.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:02 pm

When my mother realised David McCallum was in NCIS, her interest in the show shot right up. And when she heard Guy Ritchie was making a movie version of The Man From UNCLE, she spent all of dinner going on about how she hoped David McCallum and Robert Vaughn have cameos because OMG THAT WOULD JUST BE FANTASTIC!

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next