Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Are You Watching

+112
Corvus
vwlphb
darthtall
Grainne Mhaol
pinguerin
MichiSichi
jstilwe
bookworm
Coneycat
BrightEyes
Heather
Evil Lincoln
Tabby
sunni94
chick binewski
jensa
ulkis
laurelin_kit
salamandersam
Jude
Case
mandalaya
Gilraen
Pumpkin Cake
big chicken
violetq
Dachelle
Shadowlass
Algae
jennlynnster
Matinee
Never Enough
bosoxgirl
VodouDoll
ActonBell
Kiran
punkysdilemma
Agent Sculder
Arabella
MaddyCat
The Glen
Morning Angel
naughty zoot
Fiammetta
dionneshea
slowmotion
xyzzy
mayram
Wildog27
Jamie
Menshevixen
bbridges
laddical
puddingcup
Putli Bai
CherryFlame
Miss Moneypenny
Escape
Jessica
blixie
The Dude
Cynara
nikita
Gillian
Red Wolf
gannetguts
chibimanda
GoodbyeWithWords
Wilhelmina
punzy
Bad Username
dreago
tothemax
QueenSix
RiverThames
jcpdiesel21
Luthien
marooned
biakbiak
mrinsouciance
sen3
sagitare
Raised by wolves
Swarley
whatthedeuce
Gallifrey Girl
Poubelle
epudom
maxell131313
truecrystal
Francie Nolan
Raksha
Carrie Ann
Instant Monkeys
Genevieve
rivki8699
Eris Rising
mokey75
Lindsay Weir
mialoubug
caltrask55
queenofdenile
emrie
eventide82
snorf
katesti
Binky
Unlucky Bear
choubetcha
TiffanyNichelle
inversed
jaraga
116 posters

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

What Are You Watching - Page 27 Empty Re: What Are You Watching

Post  Agent Sculder Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:35 pm

I don't have BBC America, but I do have Netflix, and I am just BURNING through season 1 of Copper, or as it should actually be called "Dear God, Tom Weston-Jones is HOT". I almost don't care about the story line (although they aren't bad) because he is serious eye candy. However, as much as I am enjoying watching him, I really hope they find a way to resolve the totally creepy Annie story line in a good way. His character is supposed to be smart, but his blind spot when it comes to her is annoying.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:02 pm

I LOVE Copper! And yes, the Annie storyline gets super fucked-up in Season 1. But so does everything else...
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:06 pm

I've been watching the Ellery Queen mystery series starring Jim Hutton.  It's fun!  Timothy Hutton looks so much like his father, it freaks me out in some shots!
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:25 am

Unlucky Bear wrote:I LOVE Copper! And yes, the Annie storyline gets super fucked-up in Season 1. But so does everything else...
I just managed to finish season 1 right before the latest episode of Breaking Bad was about to start. There was SERIOUSLY messed up stuff in those last couple of episodes. But oh my God, Corky even cries pretty. All that pretty and man-pain just makes me want to take care of him and then do unspeakable things to him.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:21 am

I started Luther recently, and I love it. Though I don't think watching it and Breaking Bad back to back was a good call. I had to watch some Parks & Rec to get to sleep, heh.

Idris Elba is hot like fire, good lord. In the first episode, where he finds out Zoe doesn't want to be with him anymore and he starts smashing shit up, I turned to my husband and said, "he should just say, 'look at me! You're not going to do better than this!'" And even my husband agreed, heh.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:06 pm

mokey75 wrote:I started Luther recently, and I love it. Though I don't think watching it and Breaking Bad back to back was a good call. I had to watch some Parks & Rec to get to sleep, heh.
These are the exact three things that have been rotating on my Netflix. I watch some Breaking Bad until I can't take it anymore, then I watch some Parks & Rec to cheer myself up. Then I need to take a break for a couple of days, so I watch Luther in the meantime.

I've been meaning to start Copper as well. They show the commercials for it on BBC America all the time.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:39 pm

I think Copper is seriously underrated. It's so diverse in terms of the different character perspectives and how their living conditions impact their lives and vice versa. Freeman is my absolute favorite, and this season his wife has moved up the ranks with me, too.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  katesti Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:53 pm

Gillian wrote:
mokey75 wrote:I started Luther recently, and I love it. Though I don't think watching it and Breaking Bad back to back was a good call. I had to watch some Parks & Rec to get to sleep, heh.
These are the exact three things that have been rotating on my Netflix.  I watch some Breaking Bad until I can't take it anymore, then I watch some Parks & Rec to cheer myself up.  Then I need to take a break for a couple of days, so I watch Luther in the meantime.

I've been meaning to start Copper as well.  They show the commercials for it on BBC America all the time.
This is what happened at my house after I watched a season and a half of Dexter within about a week and a half, except it was two viewings of the Katy Perry movie. Parks and Rec always works as a break, too.

Right now, this second, I am watching Dancing with the Stars, which I never do, but I work for an MS organization and needed to see how busy our phones are going to be tomorrow. (Very.)

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:50 am

Did anyone watch Sleepy Hollow last night? It was insane. The lead was pretty good, and the show had decent atmosphere, but it is going to require a whole lot of suspension of disbelief to continue!
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  salamandersam Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:43 am

bookworm wrote:Did anyone watch Sleepy Hollow last night?  It was insane.  The lead was pretty good, and the show had decent atmosphere, but it is going to require a whole lot of suspension of disbelief to continue!
I watched it! I liked it, though it is rather cheesy. I was disappointed in John Cho's character and want to see if
spoiler:
. I gotta say, for someone who last remembers 1780 something, he adjusted remarkably well to modern culture and technology.

salamandersam

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:26 am

Did anyone watch Sleepy Hollow last night? It was insane. The lead was pretty good, and the show had decent atmosphere, but it is going to require a whole lot of suspension of disbelief to continue!
It was completely campy and insane so of course I loved it. Everything about the plot is just so silly and bizarre that I had to laugh.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  jensa Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:13 pm

I really liked Sleepy Hollow! It was crazy fun and kinda creepy and I liked that is will be more than just "oh, where will the HH pop up next?" And the British guy reminded me of Matthew MacFadyen (which is not a bad thing!).
jensa
jensa

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:36 pm

I fucking loved Sleepy Hollow, it was wicked creepy, cracky, had a sense of humor, likable leads, and was such a spectacular three car wreck of everything I love: horror/occult, time travel/sci-fi, the apocolypse/religion, the Moose and Squirrel like shout outs: "Why do you DOUBT what you've seen SCULLY? I mean ABBY?"

One thing that kept cracking me up? "LEF-tenant" What? Why does he keep saying it like that?

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:35 pm

Thats how British people and most British colonies say it. I'm Canadian and say Lieutenant (because its more common), but even here, when its being refered to in an official capacity (e.g., someone introducing the Lieutenant Governer) its Lef-tenant.

I really liked it too. I mean its batshit, but its not dumb, if that makes sense? Like it knows its crazy, and out of this world, but within that logic its smart? I also loved how they played Ichabod's bewilderment at the world. Instead of going with lots and lots of confusion, he kinda rolled with it. His reaction to the Starbucks in particular.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:51 pm

I'm also Canadian, and I'll say LOO-tenant if I'm speaking to or about an American of that rank, but otherwise I pronounce it LEF-tenant, and that was certainly the pronunciation we used when I was in the air cadets and the reserves.

I wanted to like Sleepy Hollow but the first half felt really overcrowded for a show on at 10 on Monday night, and I just got tired and gave up. I'll probably try again and hope it slows down a little bit so I can follow it. Apparently I'm old and/or impatient now.

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:02 pm

Totally off topic but my high school boyfriend and so many of my friends were in air cadets and when you said that I got a big YES, CANADA THING smile on my face.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:08 pm

Cadets was the best thing ever for kids from tiny little communities, and working at summer camp paid my first year of university!

Topic: I find myself addicted to shows like House Hunters as I try to work up the nerve to buy a house, but since I also sometimes watch Til Debt Do Us Part I get very nervous when the prospective buyers start talking about going over their set budgets. "You don't need to remodel the kitchen and all the bathrooms! It's perfectly functional as it is! Save up for your renos!"

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:05 pm

I prefer House Hunters International because I like to see what houses and apartments are like in other countries. Nothing will ever top my favorite HHI episode which was about a couple who wanted to buy an Italian fixer upper so they bought a crumbling wall on top of a hill accessible only by donkey via 600 steps carved into the hillside.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:01 pm

I was interested in that Italian couple because I was hopping they had a blog that showed the progress because I wanted to see what the finished product looked like; anyway I found some posts by the wife on another website and the story was much different than presented. They had been going to that town for years and saw the ruin and wanted to buy the property and make it into their dream home but it wasn't for sale, finally several years later a friend of theirs managed to talk the family into selling it so the couple definitely knew exactly what they were getting into.

I never understand why people allow them to presented in certain ways on both versions of the show.

Sad news for those of us who like Copper it's been cancelled.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  salamandersam Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:47 pm

I got so burned out on HGTV before moving out of the house that I didn't watch it for 9 years, until I just moved back in. That's pretty much all my Mom watches, besides Fox News and airplane disaster shows, Mountain Men, etc. I like House Hunters Renovation or whatever, where they show them renovating it. Currently I'm digging Property Brothers (referring back to Canada). But I'll admit, I find most of the couples on there annoying in the extreme. In general, though, I find people on shows like that irritating "We need a 3500 square foot house just for myself and my husband and it must be open concept with a gourmet kitchen and a huge yard".

salamandersam

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:14 am

I agree about the irritation factor of a singleton or childless couple insisting they need a 3500-square foot house with a "master retreat." (A couple with kids, I think, deserves a place to barricade themselves into sometimes, and I wish everyone could have such a place!) The couple will be going, "But there's no master bathroom!" and I'll be thinking, "The bathroom is two steps down the hall! You live alone! For the love of God!"

However, the show also sometimes shows people whose budget is far closer to mine, and it's interesting to see what's available for that price range in a variety of (American) cities. I tend to switch off if they're only looking at modern places, because I particularly enjoy peeking into cool older homes and seeing what they look like.

I kind of love the Property Brothers as people, I think they're adorable, but there are times on the show when I root for the couple to choose the house I like less, because I know contractor-brother will just turn the place into the same dull open concept which I, having no toddlers to keep an eye on, find boring.

I enjoy Income Property sometimes, too, because Scott MacGillivray is likable and it's fun to see renos on a variety of different types of spaces.

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  salamandersam Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:53 am

I sometimes wonder if they'll ever have someone on Property Brothers who says "I don't want open concept, then you have to keep the whole damn house clean all the time and that's too much effort. Give me some walls to hide the dirty dishes behind". But I also find the Property Brothers totes adorbs, even though I'd rather be able to fix the entire house rather than having walls torn down. Income Property I haven't seen as much of, but what I've seen I've liked.

salamandersam

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:56 am

I hate open concept because I don't want the smell of the whatever I'm cooking going from the kitchen into my living room. I like rooms to be separated.

And all the people who freak out because they can kind of see their neighbors. Like what the hell are you doing in your backyard that you need that much privacy? We share a driveway with our neighbors. I bet any of those couples on those shows would have a hissy fit at even being shown a house like that.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:40 pm

My favorite part of House Hunters International is when the rich people reveal too much about their family dynamics. My favorite is still Julian and his seven kids, but he only brought the oldest, Julia, to look at houses. Mmmhmm.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:48 pm

The Hollow Crown begins on PBS tonight with Richard II starring Ben Whishaw. I would be watching it, except that the DVDs of the whole production are (according to Canada Post) waiting for me at my house, and that means I'll probably dive straight into Henry V starring Tom Hiddleston-- my favourite of the history plays, with the greatest speech of all, and my current crush in one glorious production with bonus horses.

But I'll get to Richard later, because I have now seen his portrait at Westminster Abbey and am attached.

And yeah, this would be a night I'll need to work late!

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next