Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grey's Anatomy

+25
themis
maxell131313
katesti
QueenSix
big chicken
Kiran
PineappleGirl
sunni94
TiffanyNichelle
killershrew
Heather
dday515
jstilwe
Jamie
xyzzy
bbridges
Gillian
LadyGayle
Maestro
MaddyCat
mialoubug
Jessica
choubetcha
Swarley
punkysdilemma
29 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Grey's Anatomy Empty Grey's Anatomy

Post  punkysdilemma Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:44 am

You know, I kind of like where they've been going with this show lately. Everything has seemed much more low-key since Ghost Sex and the Mass Shooting Hostage Incident. And Meredith is maturing while also still being flawed, which I like.

However, I still couldn't care less about Lexie and whatever the hell it is she has with Mark.

I liked the callbacks they did this week with George's mom.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Grey's Anatomy Empty Re: Grey's Anatomy

Post  Swarley Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:22 pm

I really liked seeing George's mom this week. I especially liked that she did not care about Callie being married to Arizona, at all. She just wanted to see pictures of the baby. She looked so proud of Meredith too. And it provided us that really nice moment in the OR between Meredith and Bailey.

I am, however, tired of Meredith always being in this life or death situations. So next week should be super fun.

Swarley

Back to top Go down

Post  Swarley Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:42 am

Double post because tonight was a new show.

I have to say overall, I enjoyed it. It's kind of tiring that
Spoiler:
It's like no one can be happy on this show. EVER. I actually
Spoiler:
That said I'm glad they didn't go the
Spoiler:

Swarley

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:46 am

Moral questions aside, how hard is it for Hunt to just stay the hell out of Altman's OR for a couple of hours? He's the chief of surgery, it would not be at all unusual for him to get hung up somewhere and not come back. Much less come back twice.

Henry saying he wanted to go to med school: he might as well have said he had two days to retirement and he just bought a boat. Ahem.

I thought the car that hit them in the ambulance was going to be the other ambulance.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:37 pm

punkysdilemma wrote:Moral questions aside, how hard is it for Hunt to just stay the hell out of Altman's OR for a couple of hours?

This was driving me crazy! Even if he wanted to know how much longer the surgery would be, he couldn't send someone discreetly to gauge things? He had to just keep clomping in and stared wild-eyed at Teddy, who I thought was also surprisingly chilled out for the mess she had been earlier, just to serve the dramatic tension of her being oblivious to the tragedy.

My sister and I were talking about how furious we would be if we were Cristina and found out after the fact that everyone had conspired to hide that the guy on the table was our friend's husband. I mean, I get the point of it, but Cristina is not really a crack under the pressure kind of surgeon. When everyone was discussing whether she should do the surgery, and Owen said operating on her mentor's husband would be too much for her, I was waiting for someone to mention the time she operated on her best friend's husband. AT GUNPOINT. (I mean, she cracked up a little after but the patient is doing fine! And also, special circumstances - see at gunpoint.)

On a more positive note, especially as I have been enjoying this season and thought this was a good episode, I am loving Chief Webber this season. All his plotlines about trying to be just one of the surgeons have been so fun.

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:15 am

Aw, they let Meredith be happy again. Here's hoping it lasts.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:20 pm

I might be out of Grey's for good after that episode. It was just so -- with the exception of the very last scene -- unrelentingly freaking tragic. Henry IS DEAD. That girl's mom is DEAD. So her is grandma! And she has to take her dad off life support! ON HER BIRTHDAY. It felt bordering on sadistic to me. Like, I don't think any of us really thought they were going to let Scott Foley live, because no Nice Celebrity Guest Star ever gets to live on this show, but they COULD have. Scott Foley could totally appear once a season and it would be fine. He doesn't work there, he's cured, he doesn't have to be a regular. HE CAN LIVE, SHONDA.

It's not like this show has ever been happy happy unicorn fun hour but it used to be so much better about balancing People Dying with other soap-y shenanigans. I feel like the whole concept of a well-told romance has totally been thrown out the window.
Jessica
Jessica

Back to top Go down

Post  mialoubug Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:57 pm

This has to be its last season, right? I can't imagine that it can go on much longer with the current storylines and the story arcs. I already took it off my DVR and often forget its still on.
mialoubug
mialoubug

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddyCat Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:16 pm

My God. That was...awful.

"You killed our baby"? Whoa. He held her hand and supported her. I understand unresolved feelings but that was wicked extreme given the way he handled the actual abortion. WTF?

MaddyCat

Back to top Go down

Post  Swarley Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:59 am

I know. I could see where it was going and I just kept wishing and hoping it was not going to happen and then he dropped the bomb. Which I suspect means the end of Cristina and Owen because there's no coming back from that, right?

As for the future of the show, Heigl is talking about wanting to return. I'm wondering if she's not thinking that she'll get more time next season if Pompeo and Dempsey don't renew their contracts.

Swarley

Back to top Go down

Post  Maestro Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:54 am

I was in tears when Derek decided that he couldn't do that surgery for the 11 year old. The actor was so subtle that I totally bought it and was pissed that this is when Shonda decided to have Derek not be able to do something.

I can't stand Owen and Sandra Oh is an amazing actress. Her eyes were glittering with so much emotion.

Maestro

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:58 pm

Am I the only person who ships Alex and April? He makes fun of her mercilessly, which in Alex world usually means he likes her, so I thought the writers were on board too, but so much time has passed and nothing's ever come of it. Is his last girlfriend coming back now that Charlie's Angels was canceled?

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyGayle Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:37 pm

Lucy the OB? I have no idea, but I really hope not. I couldn't stand her.

I'm sad. I love Owen and Cristina.

LadyGayle

Back to top Go down

Post  Swarley Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:47 pm

Am I the only person who ships Alex and April?

I don't ship them but I did think they were going to go there. Especially with April being a virgin. It seems like they mention it sometimes and then let the whole thing drop. It's a shame. Let the poor girl lose her virginity already! You know the first guy she sleeps with is going to break her heart. She'll fall in love and, if it's Alex or Jackson, I can see both of them not being ready for that.

Swarley

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:28 pm

Pay attention to me!

I hope Shonda kills her off offscreen out of spite.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddyCat Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:31 pm

Agreed. That is an episode I'd watch and re-watch. Heigl=opportunistic phony.

MaddyCat

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:09 pm

Why does she keep bringing her kid out for televised interviews? She did it for one of the late night Jimmys (hell if I can remember which one), and now on The View. That is, like, a special kind of desperate.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:43 pm

When they aired the episode with George's mom Shonda was on Twitter talking about how she had wanted to make an 'I miss George' episode and someone asked her why they didn't do an 'I miss Izzie' episode and even through Twitter you could hear her thinking "Because I don't miss her!" in her answer.
bbridges
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:43 am

Finally got around to watching last week's episode and...what the heck was that? Was that their way of burning through every possible schtupping combination they haven't already put together on the show in the non-parallel universe?

I mean, that kind of thing works on Star Trek, but here...?
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:39 am

I never watch AU or dream episodes on non-sci-fi shows. It's a waste of my time and the talents of the writers and cast.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:36 pm

I didn't love it, especially as it delayed the fallout from Cristina and Owen's fight another week, BUT for me it was all worth it for the line dismissing Izzie as that crazy girl who cut a patient's LVAD wire. A patient she was DATING. And then everyone looked at each other like, "Wow, what a nutjob, can't believe she was in our class" and went back to forgetting she had ever existed. Loved it.

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Fri May 11, 2012 2:10 am

I wasn't sure if tonight's was the finale or the penultimate episode but I didn't think they were going to go there with All! The! Characters! Are! On! The! Plane! Oof.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Fri May 11, 2012 3:33 pm

I was only half watching the episode then decided to go for a walk at 8:50, before the sun went all the way down. I looked online to see if I missed anything interesting, and apparently I missed ALL OF THE CHARACTERS DYING. (Maybe.)
Jamie
Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica Fri May 11, 2012 6:19 pm

I have been watching this show SO FAR PAST when I should have quit, but if they have seriously killed Derek by having him SUCKED OUT OF A PLANE I might have to be out. That is ridiculous.
Jessica
Jessica

Back to top Go down

Post  jstilwe Fri May 11, 2012 6:44 pm

And now somehow I find myself compelled to watch this episode.

jstilwe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum