Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grey's Anatomy

+25
themis
maxell131313
katesti
QueenSix
big chicken
Kiran
PineappleGirl
sunni94
TiffanyNichelle
killershrew
Heather
dday515
jstilwe
Jamie
xyzzy
bbridges
Gillian
LadyGayle
Maestro
MaddyCat
mialoubug
Jessica
choubetcha
Swarley
punkysdilemma
29 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Grey's Anatomy - Page 3 Empty Re: Grey's Anatomy

Post  maxell131313 Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:18 pm

My irritation last night was with Arizona. Her leg is severely broken, infection has set in, her very life is in danger, and she's barking at anyone in hearing range that they aren't taking her leg. Sorry, but I guess I'd be thinking that I'd rather be missing a leg than have all my limbs in my casket.

I don't want to minimize the trauma of losing an arm or a leg because I know it would be awful, but I'd rather learn to live with a prosthetic than die prematurely because I was too stubborn to let the doctor remove something that could not be saved. Plus, I worked with a guy that lost both of his legs when he was young and lives with prosthetics. He got married, had two kids, and lives a completely normal life. Were Shonda a good writer, she'd introduce a character that is missing a limb or two and have them smack her out of her depression. Like a wounded soldier or something.
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:06 pm

When Mark was dying? I wondered about that too. It didn't seem realistic to me that no one would have mentioned her or called her. They have a very significant history together and it got ignored.

They did call her; it just all happened on Private Practice instead. She was pretty upset.

This show has a weird take on mental illnesses. Cristina really SHOULD have been put into the psych ward. Because she needed psychological help.
Jessica
Jessica

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:10 pm

SHONDA HAD LEXIE EATEN BY WILD ANIMALS. That, to me, just underlines my earlier theory that she resented Chyler Leigh for complaining about Eric Dane and forcing her to fire him. COME ON.

I'm confused about Mark. What killed him ultimately? Why'd he get a surge? Terminally ill patients get surges, sure but WHY WAS MARK TERMINALLY ILL?!?!

Thank you. I had the same issue. I was doing other things while watching, so I just assumed I had missed something.

Heather

Back to top Go down

Post  Swarley Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:40 pm

\They did call her; it just all happened on Private Practice instead. She was pretty upset.

I saw that. I just thought it was weird they didn't mention her at all on Grey's.

Swarley

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:28 pm

Can someone just give Sandra Oh an Emmy so Shonda will stop torturing poor Cristina Yang!

Also Cristina was totally right. Why do any of you stay at this hospital? Just look at the past five years and all the terrible stuff that has happened to you. This is where the time frame just gets ridiculous, too. All of these crazy things happening in nine years would be bad enough but five! Get out now, it might be your last hope.
bbridges
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:48 am

Sorry, but I guess I'd be thinking that I'd rather be missing a leg than have all my limbs in my casket.
Random fact from my family history. I had an uncle, nicknamed Stubby looong before he became a double amputee, who actually had to bury his legs in the cemetary. I'm almost positive he was interred with his legs after his death.

I'm ok with Arizona's anger *pre* amputation--but the hiding in bed *post* amputation and blaming Callie for cutting off her leg is what pisses me off. The woman is a doctor. Presumably she knows exactly why she ended up with an emergency amputation. What was she actually expecting Torres to do? Let her wife die because she has a rotting leg when it is totally possible to survive missing one limb? Would she have let Callie die if the situation were reversed?

It's pretty realistic, though. My aunt is a physical therapist who works with amputees all the time. She claims that more often than not they go through a suicidal phase, even when they're clearly making progress and getting fitted with excellent prosthetics.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:23 am

I was a little pissed at the way she lashed out at Alex and blamed her being on the plane on him. Well he would have been on the plane if she hadn't been so mad that he decided to do something for his career by picking Johns Hopkins and took the spot away from him. I hate Arizona.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:51 am

All right, that one was finally (finally!) a death too far for me.

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  killershrew Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:59 pm

Aw, man! I haven't been that sad about a TV character's death in a long time.
killershrew
killershrew

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:17 pm

Right? I really wanted Cristina to take him back to Seattle Grace with her. I wonder if they didn't realize how awesome the character and storyline would be when they decided to kill him off.

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:30 pm

I was hoping they wouldn't go with the "keeled over during surgery" route. Kind of the easy way out...
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  killershrew Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:47 pm

And since this isn't a supernatural series or soap opera per se, we know he ain't comin' back.

Believe me, I understand about child care issues, but I was really stupefied by Meredith's decision to take a feverish child to the hospital and let her be held by medical personnel all day long. She of all people should know that there are legitimate reasons why kids with fevers are supposed to be kept home. I really hope that in next week's episode, everyone consequently comes down with hand, foot and mouth disease or something like that and Meredith gets reprimanded for her poor parenting decisions.
killershrew
killershrew

Back to top Go down

Post  themis Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:23 pm

killershrew wrote:And since this isn't a supernatural series or soap opera per se, we know he ain't comin' back.
Huh? I remember having to see Denny for three seasons, two of which he was not alive for.

themis

Back to top Go down

Post  killershrew Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:44 pm

Yes. I was sort of thinking of that when I said this wasn't supernatural per se, but you put it better than I did.
killershrew
killershrew

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:48 pm

Oh god, we could have Cristina's dead spiritual mentor, couldn't we. But only if she gets brain cancer. Which Derek can't remove! Oh noes!

I will say I was pleased they introduced his character after waaaay too much "I'm 27 years old and I am a Brilliant Doctor!!1!" nonsense on this and other shows.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  killershrew Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:11 pm

I would seriously prefer a season of Ghost Dr. Thomas to many other possible plotlines I could name. Not sure why I'm so invested in this show this week. Sorry for all the vitriol.
killershrew
killershrew

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:40 pm

Everyone else got ghosts! Why can't Cristina have a ghost for a while?

I knew he had to die or otherwise be removed so Cristina would come back to Seattle but I was hoping it would be a little further in the future.
bbridges
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyGayle Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:53 am

Damn this show. YOU DON'T KILL MR. FEENY! You just don't.

LadyGayle

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:01 pm

I suspect they killed him BECAUSE they knew how awesome he would be. I bet William Daniels isn't up for a long arc on anything, but mostly, I think they just wanted to make us cry, cry, cry, and they needed something big to make Cristina a) cry, and b) come back to Meredith, her only other Person.

I hope they do something good with Smash Williams; the new female interns are a big fat nothing so far for me, though, unfortunately. Eventually I think they're going to need to replace both Kim Raver and Lexie with one (or two) older lady doctors. I actually wonder about bringing Caterina Scorsone over from Private Practice now that it's ending -- she's Derek's younger sister, so she has a tie to the show, and she's actually pretty good on that show.

Heather

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:17 pm

And she won't be mooning over Derek's looks or his animal magnetism either which is a plus in my book.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  themis Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:29 am

Man, is Kepner annoying.

See, I hadn't thought Mr. Feeny, I thought, they killed KITT, the talking car.

themis

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:50 pm

Man, is Kepner annoying.

Poor, poor, pretty Jackson. How can someone that pretty and generally nice NOT have more women after him? He should be able to find someone who isn't hung up on someone else.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Swarley Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:16 pm

How can someone that pretty and generally nice NOT have more women after him?

It's mind boggling. All the interns are chasing Karev but no one decided to take a go at Jackson? He is so much man pretty it's unreal. And yes, Kepnar is annoying. When he walked out on her the second time and she was all, "Seriously?" my husband and I both screamed "Yes, SERIOUSLY!!"

I have to say I loved watching Cristina be a doctor. I thought that I wouldn't enjoy this show as much anymore now that the main cast are all attendings but, instead, I'm really enjoying seeing how they got to where they are.

Swarley

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:30 pm

Why was a significant portion of this episode an infomercial for cyclic vomiting syndrome?
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Lindsay Weir Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:13 am

big chicken wrote:
Man, is Kepner annoying.

Poor, poor, pretty Jackson. How can someone that pretty and generally nice NOT have more women after him? He should be able to find someone who isn't hung up on someone else.

I keep skipping over the Kepner scenes, which is sad, because they're also the shirtless Jackson scenes.

Lindsay Weir

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum