Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Vampire Diaries

+46
sunni94
Muggsy
DarkSpork
UmaOprah
choubetcha
lisaslobe
epudom
Luciano
xyzzy
CindyMc
PineappleGirl
Carrie Ann
Heather
winniety
filwdork
chibimanda
preciosa
Auroura76
MaddyCat
Raised by wolves
Corellderaan
laurelin_kit
Raksha
sen3
dday515
Nerg
BrightEyes
truecrystal
curryalley
Gallifrey Girl
Gillian
SNeaker
Caramel Coffee
queenofdenile
salamandersam
QueenSix
nikita
big chicken
mialoubug
Jessica
Lily Rose
Kiran
aninnocent
dionneshea
jensa
blixie
50 posters

Page 3 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next

Go down

The Vampire Diaries - Page 3 Empty Re: The Vampire Diaries

Post  Kiran Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:35 pm

No someone on ONTD noted the resemblance a while back and I see it.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Nerg Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:01 am

Obligatory: THIS SHOW!!!!

I totally called the Katherine switcheroo, and I kind of couldn't believe they showed their hand by giving her curly hair. Dead giveaway. And yet for a moment after she got stabbed, they did make me think maybe it was Elena. LOVED the ending. LOVED Stefan. But god, do they have to tease Elijah's return every damn episode and then take it away from us? It's just mean.

Also, how many times has someone on this show had reason to say "I'm sorry I stabbed you"? Amazing.

Nerg

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:08 am

I love that the core relationship of this show is Damon and Stefan. This show is like an exciting chess game. Someone is always acting in anticipation of someone else's next move. Did anyone manage to get a count of how many coffins there were?

I'm surprised by how little bloodshed there was at the dance/party considering there were all those hybrids there. Maybe because it didn't actually take place at the school.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:27 am

All of that and Bonnie/Damon still have awesome chemistry.

Come on show, give me a Damon/Bonnie/Klaus triangle where Damon is actually the not evil one just because hes not Klaus.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:59 am

Yes, Katherine was back, yays! And she reached Stefan via his love for Damon, aww BOYS! I got believe how many stories got stirred up and now we have to wait until JANUARY. So there are four coffins and only one is Elijah, so we can meet up to three more siblings, but I so want the whole second half of the season to be all about the conflict between Elijah and Klaus.

Last night was the first time I thought they might actually go with Bonnie/Damon, though I think there's more and better story if she's with Matt.

Aw, poor Klaus had to kill his Daddy who didn't love him. Interesting though that he intended to wake his siblings now that Mikael is gone, I wonder if the confrontation inspired that or if he's always told himself he would reunite with them if/when Mikael was out of the way.

Part of me understands Tyler's relief in not being beholden to the moon, as it involved a lot of physical pain, as well as a loss of control, but dude do the MATH, one day a month you had no choice, now EVERY DAY of your life is at the whim of a petulant psychopath, and your glad about it? Why should Caroline support that?! Dump him on his ass until he gets a grip.

And yet for a moment after she got stabbed, they did make me think maybe it was Elena.

Heh, seriously, I think that's why I love this show, it's so entertaining, like in a visceral way, you brain is too busy having fun to critique how obviously they didn't just kill Elena.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:42 pm

It never occurred to me that was Katherine--I thought it was actually Elena and she'd drank some vampire blood prior to going over to Matt's house. I think my favorite part was when Elena stabbed Rebekah. That's when I knew she was serious about carrying the plan through. I never expected it'd be Stefan's humanity that'd get in the way though.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:24 pm

What a brilliant episode! I especially liked the scene with Damon & Elena going over the weapons while Stefan came in looking for a tie. They have such good chemistry that they can do a scene like that without it having to be a Big Important Scene (Dun, Dun, Dun!) but it's still effective. It still moves the plot and characters along. I admit I giggled when Stefan made reference to other high school dances that Elena has attended which have not ended well. Hee.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:59 pm

Amazon is selling the first and second season DVD sets for $12.99 each.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:17 pm

Thank you! I was just looking at those a few days ago and they were $26 each, and I couldn't quite justify it to myself. But at that price, I couldn't turn it down.

Nina Dobrev has been tweeting that she had four wisdom teeth out yesterday. I guess right before a holiday is a good time to do that so the swelling has time to go down before filming again next week.

Last edited by Gallifrey Girl on Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:19 am; edited 2 times in total

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  dday515 Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:15 am

Perfect - Just ordered these to take to my office Christmas party/gift exchange. I'll fully stand behind them!

dday515

Back to top Go down

Post  sen3 Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:12 pm

OK, so I'm on board the Bonnie/Klaus ship.

sen3

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:18 pm

One of us!
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:54 pm

sen3 wrote:OK, so I'm on board the Bonnie/Klaus ship.

And now I am too!
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:07 pm

So I took advantage of that Amazon sale and bought the DVDs. I've just fiished rewatching S2 and I'm blown away yet again by how fast paced and awesome this show is. This cast is really, really good. This time around, I was blown away by Trevino's performance with all his wolf-related angst and transformations.

Also, I watched the bonus materials and Candice Accola is THE MOST ADORABLE PERSON EVER OMG! She is delightful.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:41 pm

Okay, I am super annoyed that they finally went for the Damon/Elena kiss in the episode where I was not feeling them at ALL. I am an unabashed Stefan/Elena shipper, but I'm not blind, so I can totally see/accept that Damon and Elena have great chemistry. Just...not in this episode. I guess because Elena was in no-fun, naggy, tense mother hen mode. For good reason, obviously, but that mode kind of kills the sparks.

I missed Caroline. And I already miss Jeremy and Rebekah. They better get those two back on the show post-haste. Wouldn't Jeremy have started sipping vervain immediately after the car incident? He is totally faking the compulsion, and his fine ass will be back in Mystic Falls speedy quick. For sure. Right?

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightEyes Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:50 pm

Eh. This episode eh.

Wake Elijah, please.

BrightEyes

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:39 am

I still loves me some Klaus. He's like Damon but with more evil than woobiness. Not that I don't like Damon, but I'm kinda irked right now about the whole Damon/Elena mess. I knew it was coming, and I do think there's a foundation there, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Add that to the future lack of Jeremy hotness and this was an anger-making ep for me.

Of the good, Stefan and Damon together are always awesome. I've also decided that I ship Bonnie with EVERYONE. I also want her dream top right now.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:59 am

I thought Nina Dobrev was uncharacteristically not good this episode. And Elena seemed way out of character. I was like "This is not the seventh time you have wiped blood off your house, calm down." Also I don't think her condemning Stefan while getting closer to Damon works for me at all.

Also I thought the ending was awful. I get her mother hen thing, but Jeremy is not that much younger then her and this was the final straw? THIS? Not when Damon snapped his neck or he was seeing dead girlfriends. Meh.

I liked the Klaus stuff though and continue to love Stefan.

So eh episode for me too.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:17 am

Also I don't think her condemning Stefan while getting closer to Damon works for me at all.

Also I thought the ending was awful. I get her mother hen thing, but Jeremy is not that much younger then her and this was the final straw? THIS? Not when Damon snapped his neck or he was seeing dead girlfriends. Meh.
All of this, too. I'll admit, Damon's been doing a lot to earn her goodwill this season, but I thought the kiss was bad timing after watching her get so upset with Stefan for not caring (or pretending not to care) that Jeremy's caught in the crossfire. Because, you know, Damon actually killed him that one time.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:35 am

Well, I'll be the voice of dissent and say I loved this. I'm so happy, I'm still flailing like Kermit.

And Elena seemed way out of character. I was like "This is not the seventh time you have wiped blood off your house, calm down."

Heh. Normally I'd agree with you, but I thought in this particular instance it was in character. I mean, she's had how many weeks upon weeks of constant fear of impending Klaus-related doom, her one light at the end of the tunnel (the possibility of killing Klaus) is snuffed out at the last second, then her brother nearly dies, Alaric is dying on the floor in front of her, and along comes her baby brother who chops a man's head off with an effing meat cleaver! That'd push nearly anyone over the edge.

However, what made me stop and think about that scene was...well, it was on the front porch. Jeremy shot a dude with a crossbow and then chopped his head off ON THEIR FRONT PORCH. Then I started thinking that so much shit goes down with that family, the Salvatore boys probably compelled the hell out of all the neighbors months ago, so when they see stuff like that they probably just shrug and go back to whatever they were doing!

As for the Elena/Damon thing, I'm surprisingly okay with it. Even though I have faith in the show to keep it entertaining no matter where the story goes, I was kind of dreading it for a while, since I loved Elena/Stefan so much. But the last few weeks I've been obsessively rewatching the entire series beginning to end and back again because this feels like the longest hiatus in the history of ever (second only to this current Doctor Who hiatus) and I find myself getting into the idea of Elena/Damon more every time I rewatch S3. Maybe it's because I'm getting a bit tired of NoEmotions!Stefan. Like, he's hilariously bitchy at times and Paul Wesley does a great job with it, but I just keep waiting for something...more. Then contrast that with the weird adorableness Elena and Damon have settled into and you have me grinning like a loon at the end of today's ep. However, I thought I did start to see a glimmer of something in Stefan after Elena left the witch house, so I'm wondering how that's going to complicate things for me. Whatevs, I'm along for the ride.

I was not thrilled with them compelling Jeremy and shipping him off, mostly because they've done that before and it just never turns out to be the cure all they hope it will be. I suspect it's because the cast is pretty big and they can't give lots of screen time and in-depth writing to everyone in the time they have for each episode. In seasons past, Bonnie and Tyler both had lengthy stays outside of town. And that's okay with me. I'd rather they switched off among the non-Elena, non-Salvatore characters and give them lots to do and lots of depth, rather than writing them all at the same time in a superficial way with much more brief appearances each week.

In other news: MEREDITH! MEREDITH IS HERE!
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:47 am

I really enjoyed the episode as well, I have to say. And I know that Damon snapped Jeremy's neck and all that, but I think the difference now with Elena giving Stefan grief over his choices is that she may not have expected that of him. He was someone she trusted and loved, whereas you never quite knew what to expect from Damon and she didn't have the close connection with him that she had with Stefan.

Heh. Normally I'd agree with you, but I thought in this particular instance it was in character. I mean, she's had how many weeks upon weeks of constant fear of impending Klaus-related doom, her one light at the end of the tunnel (the possibility of killing Klaus) is snuffed out at the last second, then her brother nearly dies, Alaric is dying on the floor in front of her, and along comes her baby brother who chops a man's head off with an effing meat cleaver! That'd push nearly anyone over the edge.

I agree with Raksha on this. It's one thing for your brother to be the victim and getting himself killed and being in danger and what not, it's quite another for him to suddenly have this mind set where he feels that he absolutely cannot shy away from chopping a hybrid's head off. And the fact that he did it quite calmly, almost as if it were second nature to him? That's upsetting on a lot of levels so I get why Elena felt he had to be sent away, especially as he'd never have been involved in any of this if she hadn't hooked up with Stefan Salvatore in the first place. That's not to blame Elena exclusively because Stefan was the one who initiated the contact with her (can you tell I've been rewatching my season 1 boxset?) but they stayed together through thick and thin and others got caught up in the shenanigans.

I have no problem either with Elena and Damon together. I can see how it's come about and I'm glad they finally had smoochies. I'm not expecting them to end up together or be an epic love or anything, but I'm enjoying seeing them together while it lasts.

So as you can see, my lack of problems with so much of the episode shows why I post here and not TWoP. I have pity for my television, I cannot lie!!! Heh.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:14 am

I loved it too. Well, I loved Klaus (I hope he stays foreeeeeeever, he's so pretty) and the Damon and Elena parts, the part about sending Jeremy away was kind of dumb. I see why they did it, especially from a showrunning point of view, but eh.

I loved Damon casually stabbing his little brother for daring to save him again. This show has the best nonchalant stabbings ever.

Nina and Ian had a cute thing on Twitter last night about the kiss. I find them adorable.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:02 am

I loved Klaus (I hope he stays foreeeeeeever, he's so pretty)

Seriously. His lips do for me what IS' eyes do for others.

Plus, I honestly think his storyline is incredibly interesting. Part of that is the whole Originals mythology, but I also love the idea that Klaus in all is selfish glory is unapologetic (despite the "I'm sorry" before he daggered his sister) about the lengths he'll go through for his family. It's a great counterpoint to our gang, the "heroes" of the story, who have dragged each other and countless innocents into their shenanigans and have used their share of questionable means to deal with their problems, but it's all ok for them because...well, because. Not that I'd go so far as to say Klaus is "good" and Elena and company are "evil", but rather that's the point -- it's all morally relative when it's *your* family and friends.

And I guess it's unpopular, but I find Ian/Nina together CREE-PEEE. He seems like a nice enough guy, but he gives off this Wooderson vibe to me, like he's too young to date old women. And by that I mean, women his own age.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:12 am

UGH I a meeting last night and missed the return of SHOW. But I was also spoiled for the Germ development and wasn't sure I was ready to deal with that AND Stelena fracturing AND Delena kissing. UGH.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:46 pm

I find Ian and Nina quite adorable together in real life, it just doesn't translate to me with Elena/Damon. Though I do enjoy Damon/Katherine, weirdly.

I don't know I just wasn't a fan and I think for me its because Delena just falls flat for me.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next