Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guess Who Don't Sue

+117
winncienzo
Wildog27
Coneycat
SarahJanet
tiller
maxell131313
Dachelle
Pop'n'Fresh
AWMalory
laurelin_kit
harvey the penguin
TheSummerHealey
epudom
eco
Rhilin
slmader
lisa
Carrie Ann
Jordan Baker
The Dude
Red Wolf
nikita
Lis
P.D. Noosh
choubetcha
Evil Lincoln
MLIS
Luciano
DarkSpork
Gilraen
themis
Jamie
bosoxgirl
mandalaya
Gallifrey Girl
Francie Nolan
Cheetara
VodouDoll
Jude
Fraoch
oxymoron
Lady V
mokey75
sobe
Raksha
Bad Username
punkysdilemma
FantasmaLexsi
lisalars
TiffanyNichelle
Paris, Texas
eventide82
arol
grayel
Betty Madrid
sagitare
Decca
lil d
dinahmoe
Cynara
naughty zoot
punzy
Poubelle
Auroura76
Raised by wolves
Esme
mialoubug
wenchsenior
Never Enough
SpecialLily
year of the cat
Matinee
bbridges
mrinsouciance
The Lady of Shalott
Genevieve
LadyGayle
BreezyK
Instant Monkeys
dreago
swsa
Shadowlass
Cutebutpsycho
laddical
QueenSix
PrincessCleo
Crowbridge
emrie
Eris Rising
big chicken
ActonBell
Miss Moneypenny
Heather
dionneshea
killershrew
The Glen
biakbiak
inversed
Lily Rose
two shoes
queenofdenile
Binky
Morning Angel
bookworm
roly
mayram
Kiran
tothemax
katesti
Jasmine
whatthedeuce
Jessica
Arabella
blooey
puddingcup
Unlucky Bear
blixie
121 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Guess Who Don't Sue - Page 26 Empty Re: Guess Who Don't Sue

Post  Instant Monkeys Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:58 am

OK, Imma throw some cold water on this, and I'm sorry. I really am. No, I really am. Hee hee.

1. She DID tell a long story once about trying to get pregnant with her most recent kid, how she was doing the ovulating-monitoring thing and at one point jumped on her partner and was like "WE HAVE TO DO IT RIGHT NOW" (heh). She said she was pregnant before filming IWTB. I mean, she could have made that whole thing up. But y'know. (I'm sorry I have no source for that. X-Files facts have a special glue that lodges in my brain better than other, useful things like whether I paid my cable bill.) Also, she missed a press thing near the end of IWTB filming because she was under the weather in some unspecified way (so, probably morning sickness).

2. I think the reason she released a statement about breaking up with her partner is that she super awkwardly boned a question in a recent interview about whether she had a partner, and the writer basically printed all her stuttering and then said "yeah, that was suspicious." They have not been seen in public together for a few months, and I imagine she was trying to keep it under wraps for a while longer but it had become clear that people were talking about it so she decided to bite the bullet.

Believe me, if this turns out to be true, I will also quit my job and come and work for y'all's newsletter.

As my friend put it this morning (while expressing skepticism about the current crop of rumors): "I stand by my belief that they have not NOT slept together."

Also, his rep denies it. Le sad.

Last edited by Instant Monkeys on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  wenchsenior Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:02 am

Instant Monkeys wrote:OK, Imma throw some cold water on this, and I'm sorry. I really am. No, I really am. Hee hee.

Believe me, if this turns out to be true, I will also quit my job and come and come and work for y'all's newsletter.

As my friend put it this morning (while expressing skepticism about the current crop of rumors): "I stand by my belief that they have not NOT slept together."

Also, his rep denies it. Le sad.

What your friend said! And thank goodness someone can provide balanced perspective. Cause we're all about that around here LOL.

wenchsenior

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:03 am

B-b-but - I want to believe.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:09 am

I mean, not that his rep would CONFIRM it, if they were trying to keep it secret.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:27 am

I think the reason she released a statement about breaking up with her partner is that she super awkwardly boned a question in a recent interview about whether she had a partner,

But seriously who cares (she says completely unironically)? I mean sincerely she's not a top of the fold celebrity anymore, and she's on her third baby daddy who she is not actually married to, and isn't even famous, and this article was in some sketch Brit tabloid? And her announcement is feeding into what ever she might have wanted to avoid.

I would fully believe, though, that if they were together, having it prematurely squeed about on the internets would drive them into the closet for another four years, heh.

Right? I wouldn't expect their reps to do any thing other than deny. Mila Kunis denies she's fucking Ashton Kutcher. I am pretty damn sure she is fucking Ashton anway. I just think there is a whole lot of smoke around if there really is no fire. And if they are and have been together for a while, I imagine no one freaking knowing about it was part of the appeal. I buy that they are together, but if they aren't...I'll live.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Genevieve Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:33 am

I am loving this. I am sure the fic will be flying fast and hard.
Genevieve
Genevieve

Back to top Go down

Post  wenchsenior Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:21 pm

[quote="blixie"]

Right? I wouldn't expect their reps to do any thing other than deny. Mila Kunis denies she's fucking Ashton Kutcher. I am pretty damn sure she is fucking Ashton anway.

Heh. So true.

wenchsenior

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:47 pm

Instant Monkeys wrote:

Hee. I remember there was a period after she separated from her first husband (like in 1997-1998) but before David was with Tea, where they were showing up to the Emmys holding hands and such. It was followed by a period where they seemed to kind of hate each other's guts, saying snippy things in the press about each other. So I have long thought they had flingy fun at that time, which somehow soured for whatever reason.

*takes off tinhat*
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:53 pm

blixie wrote:
I think the reason she released a statement about breaking up with her partner is that she super awkwardly boned a question in a recent interview about whether she had a partner,
But seriously who cares (she says completely unironically)? I mean sincerely she's not a top of the fold celebrity anymore, and she's on her third baby daddy who she is not actually married to, and isn't even famous, and this article was in some sketch Brit tabloid? And her announcement is feeding into what ever she might have wanted to avoid.
It was the Sunday Times Magazine. (I don't know what that is but it SOUNDS legit, heh.) But there was a lot of internet talk about it. So I mean, I can see her (or her publicist: she now has one, which she didn't for many years) saying "fine, the jig is up, let's just do this."

Binky wrote:
I would fully believe, though, that if they were together, having it prematurely squeed about on the internets would drive them into the closet for another four years, heh.
Yes. Especially her. He, on the other hand, might be like: "Look I am not being a sex addict right now!" since that was his last major press presence.
FWIW, I see him as the more self-conscious one about this stuff. I have always felt that the NUMBER ONE reason they would never get together is that HE would not want to give people the satisfaction because he's too contrary. And that if he had ever felt that way about her, he deliberately rearranged his brain molecules so as to make it no longer true. Like, I always suspected that half of his "WE LITERALLY NEVER EVER SOCIALIZE, FOR WHAT POSSIBLE EARTHLY REASON WOULD WE EVER DO THAT" stuff was a cranky reaction against people talking about Mulder and Scully all the time, and he would avoid being seen in public with her for THE PRINCIPLE. (I swear to God I once heard an interview with him -- Stern maybe? some radio interview -- where he said he married Tea at least partly because nobody thought they would get married and he wanted to prove everybody wrong.) (He is such a douchebag. I love him.) And he used to get real butthurt about rumors about them, while she would think it was funny. That's one reason it was SO TOTALLY CRAZY to me when they started being so nice to each other and affectionate and shit in the time since the movie. And they did that charity thing together. I feel like in the old days if someone had asked them to do that she would have been like "For charity? Sure, sounds fun!" and he would have tazed you and then climbed up to an escape hatch in the ceiling like Spider-Man, and then unsolicitedly mentioned his wife 10 times in the next interview.

The fact that they/he have mellowed so much is like, the number-one reason I kinda sorta wouldn't be shocked if this was true. Because in my opinion that would HAVE to happen before he would touch her (in any kind of "couple" way at least; my internet psychoanalysis does not preclude occasional secretive, unacknowledged boning) with a ten-foot pole. (that was NOT a "Duchovny's giant schlong" joke) And I would COMPLETELY believe that it would take them almost a full two decades for those layers of defensive X-Files psychosis to finally wear off.

She is more closed-off these days than she used to be,though. (So I fully believe they BOTH would be Howard Hughes-level control-freaky about not having it come out.)
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  wenchsenior Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:45 pm

FWIW, I see him as the more self-conscious one about this stuff. I have always felt that the NUMBER ONE reason they would never get together is that HE would not want to give people the satisfaction because he's too contrary. And that if he had ever felt that way about her, he deliberately rearranged his brain molecules so as to make it no longer true. Like, I always suspected that half of his "WE LITERALLY NEVER EVER SOCIALIZE, FOR WHAT POSSIBLE EARTHLY REASON WOULD WE EVER DO THAT" stuff was a cranky reaction against people talking about Mulder and Scully all the time, and he would avoid being seen in public with her for THE PRINCIPLE. (I swear to God I once heard an interview with him -- Stern maybe? some radio interview -- where he said he married Tea at least partly because nobody thought they would get married and he wanted to prove everybody wrong.) (He is such a douchebag. I love him.) And he used to get real butthurt about rumors about them, while she would think it was funny. That's one reason it was SO TOTALLY CRAZY to me when they started being so nice to each other and affectionate and shit in the time since the movie. And they did that charity thing together. I feel like in the old days if someone had asked them to do that she would have been like "For charity? Sure, sounds fun!" and he would have tazed you and then climbed up to an escape hatch in the ceiling like Spider-Man, and then unsolicitedly mentioned his wife 10 times in the next interview.

The fact that they/he have mellowed so much is like, the number-one reason I kinda sorta wouldn't be shocked if this was true. Because in my opinion that would HAVE to happen before he would touch her (in any kind of "couple" way at least; my internet psychoanalysis does not preclude occasional secretive, unacknowledged boning) with a ten-foot pole. (that was NOT a "Duchovny's giant schlong" joke) And I would COMPLETELY believe that it would take them almost a full two decades for those layers of defensive X-Files psychosis to finally wear off.

THIS. SO MUCH. Are you sure you weren't in on our Newsletter back in the day? This is pretty much exactly what we all concluded. I have always thought they gave off an Errol Flynn/Olivia DeHavilland vibe, like they were nothing alike but were always attracted, and he hated himself for it, but every time he gave in to it he would get more obsessed about it than she did because he felt like he had no control in the relationship. :nods tinhat:

wenchsenior

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:02 pm

LOLOL, did you guys actually have a real newsletter? That is awesome. My tinhat is off to you. (Also, as a former columnist for a Scully-fan-club newsletter, I offer you a fistbump of geeky-newsletter solidarity.)

To clarify, I'm not suggesting a scenario where like, he really was in Tru Luv with Gillian but denied his feelings, thus turning himself into a grumpy sex addict who married someone on a dare and only now is able to come to terms ("It's about people coming to terms with things!" -- Marge Simpson) with his true emotions. Reading over what I wrote I feel like it kinda sounds like that. I'm only saying that I think any feelings they had for each other, good or bad, were inextricably tangled up in feelings about the show, the hours, the grind, the onset of fame, etc. Both in the sense of "I genuinely need space from this person" and "I don't even know anymore how I feel about this person but I basically see them as the enemy at this point because everyone is making such a BFD out of our chemistry all the time and I find it stifling and humiliating." That's why I can WAAAAAAAAY more easily imagine them having hooked up a few times on the sly -- or even having a regular-ish schedule of hookups, like "hey I'm in LA next week; shall we Do It?" than being A Couple.

Roundup of this afternoon's news: GA's official website also denies it. CDAN continues to add fuel to the fire in an apparent attempt to boost page hits and/or combat boredom. And Jezebel and Gawker are good at headlines.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  wenchsenior Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:10 pm

Instant Monkeys wrote:LOLOL, did you guys actually have a real newsletter? That is awesome. My tinhat is off to you. (Also, as a former columnist for a Scully-fan-club newsletter, I offer you a fistbump of geeky-newsletter solidarity.)

To clarify, I'm not suggesting a scenario where like, he really was in Tru Luv with Gillian but denied his feelings, thus turning himself into a grumpy sex addict who married someone on a dare and only now is able to come to terms ("It's about people coming to terms with things!" -- Marge Simpson) with his true emotions. Reading over what I wrote I feel like it kinda sounds like that. I'm only saying that I think any feelings they had for each other, good or bad, were inextricably tangled up in feelings about the show, the hours, the grind, the onset of fame, etc. Both in the sense of "I genuinely need space from this person" and "I don't even know anymore how I feel about this person but I basically see them as the enemy at this point because everyone is making such a BFD out of our chemistry all the time and I find it stifling and humiliating." That's why I can WAAAAAAAAY more easily imagine them having hooked up a few times on the sly -- or even having a regular-ish schedule of hookups, like "hey I'm in LA next week; shall we Do It?" than being A Couple.

Roundup of this afternoon's news: GA's official website also denies it. CDAN continues to add fuel to the fire in an apparent attempt to boost page hits and/or combat boredom. And Jezebel and Gawker are good at headlines.

Blixie had a one-off internet Newsletter (we just like Capitalizing it for Drama) and there were a number of random discussions. And I totally agree with everything you say above.

wenchsenior

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:50 am

Instant Monkeys wrote: CDAN continues to add fuel to the fire in an apparent attempt to boost page hits and/or combat boredom.

Okay, now CDAN is just going nutty for the page hits. I would believe that GA/DD have hooked up in the past and might currently be hooking up and even cohabitating. But secret hookups over the years is a stretch from secret babies! And what's he's implying about Tea Leoni? Also, is Tea even famous anymore?
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:26 am

Man, I know. I know CDAN is not exactly The Economist, but even with CDAN being CDAN I can't believe the "DD fathered anywhere from one to three of GA's children" thing (which has been around since she had a child to have been fathered and has never been taken seriously BY ANYONE) is being dignified by appearing in a post on a website. Not even as a blind item. My favorite is that she named him Felix because it's an anagram of X-File and that secretly means he's David's. I'm surprised no one has managed to construct a conspiracy theory about how Gillian secretly carried and gave birth to David's kids. While Tea was off getting drunk with Billy Bob Thornton or something.

Also, apparently I'm still being a compulsively overinvested fact-clarifier here, but NOWHERE in that Sunday Times article did she "hint at the fact that her kids might not be the children of her now-former partner," and also, I have NEVER heard anything about DD having primary custody of his kids.

Still, we got this out of this whole thing. Aww.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  wenchsenior Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:32 am

CDAN is definitely going hog wild with this. As a poster commented on one of these sites (paraphrased), "Next up, it'll be Kate and Leo!!!!" And the way things are going on CDAN, I wouldn't doubt it. But I would enjoy it. :puts on NEW tinhat"

wenchsenior

Back to top Go down

Post  epudom Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:49 pm

As long as it eventually gets round to Sandra and Keanu, I'll be happy.
epudom
epudom

Back to top Go down

Post  wenchsenior Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:53 pm

epudom wrote:As long as it eventually gets round to Sandra and Keanu, I'll be happy.

Or maybe Winona Ryder and Johnny Depp will get back together!

wenchsenior

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:18 pm

From BlindGossip:

This is a story that you have heard before, but it’s about an actor that you didn’t know was in trouble. He has a successful career, but he has fallen prey to the partying lifestyle.

It’s now interfering with his work. He shows up late or not at all. He is unprepared at work. He is constantly drunk or hungover. He comes to work unwashed, wearing the same clothes from the night before, reeking of booze and smoke.

When a young star is falling apart, their team faces a difficult decision. Do they confront him and try to get them help? Or do they pretend that nothing is wrong so the star doesn’t get mad at them?

Their was a split opinion among this star’s team. His agents – who were afraid of losing him as a client – chose to do nothing. His publicists – a reputable firm who have worked with him for many years – did the brave thing. They set up an intervention, consisting of the people who love and care about the actor, to try to get him to seek help.

The young actor got wind of the intervention… and promptly fired the publicists. The agent kept his job.

In case you were wondering why no one intervenes when a star is in trouble, this is why. The ones who genuinely care inevitability pay the price.

My guess is Shia Le Beouf, although it doesn't SURPRISE me that it would be him, so maybe that doesn't work. Other people guessed Pattinson -- I don't know if I believe that one either -- and then Josh Hutcherson, which I could definitely also see. Someone else guessed Zefron.

Heather

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowlass Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:38 pm

Has Josh Hutcherson been coming undone? Damn.

Shadowlass

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:15 pm

Pattinson's had his same team since Harry Potter and he hasn't worked in a year, so I don't see it being him. Shia? Everyone knows he's a mess.

I actually think Zefron is a REALLY good guess for this. And I like him a lot, but dude's been hanging with Paris, one of his best friends got popped for drunk driving while Zac was with him, and he got a YOLO tattoo, which is honestly the most damning evidence for me. Hee.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:55 pm

A YOLO TATTOO?!?! Yeah, in that case Zefron seems like a good guess.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Never Enough Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:52 pm

I've never heard of "yolo" so I google'd it. I love Urban Dictionary.

"carpe diem" for stupid people

Never Enough

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:08 am

I feel with RPattz, his recent personal troubles might've been mentioned. I'd go out and get shitfaced if my girlfriend was all over the tabloids macking on someone else, too.

YOLO stands for You'll Obviously Lovetatoorem Oval, right?
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhilin Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:02 am

Aw, come on guys. Maybe Zefron is just unusually fond of West Sacramento. Or obscure Native American words.

Rhilin

Back to top Go down

Post  TheSummerHealey Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:10 am

TheSummerHealey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next