Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celebrity Schadenfreude

+45
mialoubug
PrincessCleo
GoodbyeWithWords
killershrew
caltrask55
Fraoch
Matinee
year of the cat
ActonBell
Carrie Ann
katesti
curryalley
Eris Rising
Arabella
Rhilin
laddical
particle_person
Instant Monkeys
Poubelle
Snarryfan
Putli Bai
Gillian
big chicken
Gilraen
Miss Moneypenny
biakbiak
Lily Rose
Raksha
easybreezy
The Dude
oxymoron
Kiran
Binky
naughty zoot
megageek
dinahmoe
inversed
UmaOprah
slmader
Crowbridge
bookworm
Red Wolf
Esseilte
laurelin_kit
swsa
49 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Celebrity Schadenfreude - Page 2 Empty Re: Celebrity Schadenfreude

Post  biakbiak Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:20 pm

Because the model was a lady?
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:51 pm

I used to watch that couple on Port Charles! I always thought Alison was too good for Jack, who was never as interesting as his big brother.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:11 pm

I feel like from a mature, adult perspective, I should feel bad for the fact that dude got put on blast to the whole world, but then I considered:

1) He was basically harassing the woman sitting next to him, since she was clear about not being interested.
2) He continued to flat out lie to her after she'd called him out on his wedding ring AND looked him up online.

So...I say he deserved it for the losing combo of heinous and stupid.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gilraen Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:25 pm

The Dude wrote:Dammit, sounds like it Wasn't Kirk Cammeron.

Heh, that was my first thought too, though the actual story is hilarious enough.

Gilraen

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:03 pm

Miss Moneypenny wrote:I feel like from a mature, adult perspective, I should feel bad for the fact that dude got put on blast to the whole world, but then I considered:

1) He was basically harassing the woman sitting next to him, since she was clear about not being interested.
2) He continued to flat out lie to her after she'd called him out on his wedding ring AND looked him up online.

So...I say he deserved it for the losing combo of heinous and stupid.

I didn't feel any outrage on her behalf (she seemed to be handling the unwanted attention just fine) until I found out he opened the windows on a red eye flight. Then I was like FRY THE BASTARD TELL THE WORLD!!!!!

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:37 pm

Kiran wrote:I used to watch that couple on Port Charles! I always thought Alison was too good for Jack, who was never as interesting as his big brother.
Ha! I was like, "Hey, it's Jack from Port Charles! Isn't he married to Alison in real life?" Poor girl. He kind of deserves it for being so stupid, but now I feel bad for his wife.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:18 am

biakbiak wrote:Because the model was a lady?
Exactly.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  easybreezy Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:14 pm

I'm enjoying the fact that nobody really cares that Madonna flashed the crowd at a recent concert.

It's not because she's old, per se. It's because she's supposed to be sooooo super smart and inventive, and that's the best she can come up with? And nobody cares...golly.

easybreezy

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:41 pm

We've been following different reports because on my news they seem to care but be really gross and borderline IT'D BE OKAY IF HER BOOBS WEREN'T OLD AND SAGGY about it.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:52 pm

Kiran wrote:We've been following different reports because on my news they seem to care but be really gross and borderline IT'D BE OKAY IF HER BOOBS WEREN'T OLD AND SAGGY about it.
I wonder if these people were all up in arms over Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction" a few years back? That boob was younger and perkier.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:53 pm

Most likely. Its generally the same people and to quote the esteemed wordsmith Cassie "Don't act like you ain't never seen a titty before."
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:27 pm

Some one wasn't getting enough attention....
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  easybreezy Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:53 am

I guess what I'm getting at is that the news isn't nearly as "all over it" as it used to be.

When the Janet Jackson thing happened, I didn't stop hearing about it, from all news sources, all over the place.

Earlier in the week, I heard a blurb on a morning news show saying Madonna did something "shocking" (caught the tail end, so I didn't catch what they were talking about). So I listened for a few minutes to see if they'd actually tell me what it was. But it was treated as more a throwaway news item. None of the news sites I followed were actively interested in the story, so I was curious, but pleased that I actually had to seek out what happened as opposed to hearing about it ad nauseum.

I've always thought of Madonna as a desperate attention hound, though she used to be at least minimally more thoughtful about it. This...feels cheap, even for her. At her age, it's not about what shape she's in, it's about how she could simply do better.

And frankly, I found her performance at the Super Bowl to be unbelievably sad, in the same way Tom Cruise is sad: the whole "I'm still young! No, really!" thing. And any time a celebrity gets blowback for that kind of hubris (or even better, gets ignored), it's kinda fun to watch.

easybreezy

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:25 pm

Janet's nipple had the gall to make an appearance on the Superbowl which is the biggest TV event of the year. Children were watching and could have been traumatized by it. That's why it got so much attention.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarryfan Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:03 pm

[quote]And frankly, I found her performance at the Super Bowl to be unbelievably sad, in the same way Tom Cruise is sad: the whole "I'm still young! No, really!" thing. And any time a celebrity gets blowback for that kind of hubris (or even better, gets ignored), it's kinda fun to watch. [/quot

Tom Cruise is almost fifty but he looks amazing in Rock of Ages. And not in a good for 50 kind of way but in a "holy f*ck Tom Cruise has got rock star sex on a stick down pat!"

Snarryfan

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:04 am

I'm glad to hear that Katy Perry's movie was a box-office disappointment.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:52 am

Poubelle wrote:I'm glad to hear that Katy Perry's movie was a box-office disappointment.
I've got nothing against Katy Perry, but that movie looks way too bright and candy-colored for a normal human. I would probably puke in my stomach if I had to watch it on the big screen.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:40 pm

I know I'm not the intended audience, but I just CANNOT GET EXCITED about Katy Perry. I saw the preview for her movie when I saw Brave, and I wasn't like "Ew, I hate that bitch, how did she get a movie?!!?!" or anything (I don't hate her, at all), but I literally was just like "...What? Why?" It's like a giant 3-D documentary came out about the making of The Bachelor or something. It's a thing in culture, it's famous, it's reasonably popular, but it doesn't seem to me like something zeitgeisty or hot-buttony enough to warrant that kind of to-do.

I know that's not how these decisions are made (if you have an opportunity to make a movie about your pop star, you're not going to like, NOT make it because you're not sure if she's sufficiently culturally important at this moment), but basically, I'm not surprised the movie isn't doing that well.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:34 pm

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:47 pm

Thank goodness.
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:07 pm

I love how she thinks people will still be talking about her two years from now. That's so cute!

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:15 pm

The best part of that link is the link on the side about the Oogieloves movie taking the crown as worst wide-opener ever.

Crowbridge wrote:I love how she thinks people will still be talking about her two years from now. That's so cute!

Sadly, as we've been talking about her for almost five years (or more), I don't think she's wrong about that. But she still won't qualify as a performer/entertainer.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:07 am

Considering I'm still traumatized by the Oogielove trailer which I saw before Brave, I'm not surprised parents decided there was a limit to what they'd endure for their children.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhilin Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:09 am

The Oogielove trailer played before....something I watched on the internet, I can't even remember now. I didn't even have the sound on at the time. Just...what the hell is that. What the hell?

Rhilin

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:08 pm

An ad for it showed up when I was watching Colbert. I looked it up because I assumed it had to be some parody movie, because who advertises a kids' flick at that hour on Comedy Central?
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next