Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Film Trailers

+91
jstilwe
Morning Angel
Agent Sculder
mokey75
Cutebutpsycho
Arabella
Rhilin
Coneycat
VodouDoll
Gillian
Skyblade
wenchsenior
BreezyK
Paris, Texas
Renny Sue
Count_Bloodcount
GoodbyeWithWords
ulkis
Francie Nolan
nazlan
ActonBell
Kookla
Carrie Ann
Red Wolf
mandalaya
eco
The Dude
Raksha
katesti
sen3
areefamalik
Fiammetta
chibimanda
Case
caerbannog
Jude
Escape
mialoubug
nikita
TiffanyNichelle
Menshevixen
Gallifrey Girl
Bob Genghis Khan
Matinee
laurelin_kit
Cynara
Luthien
truecrystal
Wildog27
xyzzy
SarahJanet
elleth
Binky
Jamie
gannetguts
Never Enough
jensa
RiverThames
mrinsouciance
Instant Monkeys
Unlucky Bear
MtOlivePickles
mozzarella
Esseilte
queenofdenile
Corellderaan
sagitare
Auroura76
bookworm
punzy
caltrask55
inversed
Kiran
PrincessCleo
QueenSix
Grainne Mhaol
whatthedeuce
Miss Moneypenny
blixie
puddingcup
biakbiak
laddical
Poubelle
bbridges
naughty zoot
Eris Rising
tothemax
Putli Bai
jcpdiesel21
alexdegenhardt
swsa
95 posters

Page 12 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

Film Trailers - Page 12 Empty Re: Film Trailers

Post  laddical Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:53 pm

I don't believe that Superman is the loneliest man on earth. I understand him "walking the earth" as a young man, but by the time he's "Superman" he should be relatively angst free. He may be the last survivor of Krypton and capable of doing things no one else can, but he was still raised as a human, grew up with human friends, chooses to live a human life outside of his created persona. Until the New 52 erased everything, he was happily married with a wide and varied circle of friends and family both in and out of the costumed crusader community.

At any rate, I hated the trailer the first time I saw it, with Jor-El's narration. I'm tired of the "Jesus Superman" motif. Yes, there's something of Jesus or Moses in the origin story but the origin story is not the be-all and end-all of Superman. Day-to-day he's just a guy doing the best he can. He's not out trying to inspire anyone, he's doing what he does because he can and it's the right thing to do.

But then I saw the trailer with Jonathan Kent's narration and I thought it was so much better. And again, it comes down to the fact that I prefer Superman to be treated as a human with awesome powers. His alien heritage only needs to matter inasmuch as it justifies those awesome powers. Jonathan's not trying to drive Clark to help the frail and incompetent humans pick themselves up - he's just a dad encouraging his son to be the best man he can be.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  chibimanda Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:19 pm

God, watching Superman flying through the clouds, breaking the sound barrier and leaving a con-trail was just so freaking awesome. I have really high hopes for this movie. If this does well, do you think it will lead to more DC comic movies? Because I would be totally cool with that.
chibimanda
chibimanda

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:41 pm

I thought the trailer was pretty, but dammit, I don't want Superman Begins. I really hope there's some brightness and bombast in there, because emo, maudlin Supes isn't really doing it for me.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:41 pm

I thought the trailer was pretty, but dammit, I don't want Superman Begins. I really hope there's some brightness and bombast in there, because emo, maudlin Supes isn't really doing it for me.

ITA. I don't think the trailer reflected the Superman I love from the comics, and what I was always afraid of happening with Zach Snyder in control of this film. Henry Cavill is pretty, though.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:21 pm

The shots of the washing on the line and the boy in the background with the red cape reminded me of a Terence Malick film, to be honest. I think it's a pity that they've officially released that slight teaser trailer which tells us absolutely nothing, except that scruffy Clark Kent is damn hot and that he's doing a stint as a fisherman, when there is that comic con footage that so many people raved about and said gave a better look at what the film would be like.

I feel like Bart Simpson in that episode where he gets Stampy the Elephant, but instead of standing outside KBBL radio shouting "WHERE'S MY ELEPHANT?!" I'm sitting in my house typing "WHERE'S MY MAN OF STEEL COMIC CON FOOTAGE?!"

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:32 pm

Watch it fast. I think they're being pulled down constantly.

It does give you a better scope than the teaser trailer, and there are some glimpses of Lois, but eh, still not the vibe I want from Superman. And using The Thin Red Line score doesn't really stop the wannabe Malick vibe.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:55 pm

Oh, swsa, for letting me see that footage, I would give you my first born, if I had one, whether you wanted it or not. Thanks for that link!

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:37 pm

I hate Warner Bros. so much right now for hiding that footage. I don't understand the gameplan on not putting that version out as the theatrical teaser. It's not much more substantive in plot but it's much better at selling "Superman" than either the Pa Kent or Jor-El versions of the other. It's less than 2:30 long - that's pretty standard for a theatrical trailer. It's not like they showed six minutes of footage and don't want *that* much going public. People want to talk about this movie. They want to generate buzz and word of mouth. And yet WB is hindering that... why?
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:47 pm

I blame Jon Peters. Not that I have any knowledge about his involvement, I hasten to add, he just gives me the pip, especially since I saw that thing with Kevin Smith at something where he talked about meeting him prior to writing some pages for a Superman movie some years ago.

Either that or someone at Warners is working off a very old game plan when it comes to marketing their big summer movies.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:53 pm

Well, the movie is still a year away. I can see wanting to limit the footage out there. We'll have a better idea when the first real full trailer comes out as to how they're going to sell it, I'd assume.

I do really like the glimpses Jonathan Kent so far. I'm such an unapologetic Costner fan. I think he'll be PERFECT.

I'll never stop wishing they'd given Amy Adams dark hair though.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:58 pm

I'm still going to blame Jon Peters. And as an only child, I'll always be peeved if other people get to see cool stuff and I can't!! Heh.

I've never been much of a Costner fan. There's something about his voice that grates on me. Having said that, I think he can be a very good actor and when I heard he was cast, I thought he was a very good fit for the part, same as when I heard that Amy Adams had been cast as Lois. Plus, Diane Lane as Martha Kent? Great casting there. I think I'm going to like this version of the Kents very much.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:47 pm

I like the Terrance Malick trailer. Maybe it is just because I love Tree of Life but it works for me. It's actually the first moment I've been excited for this movie. Though I am excited for Michael Shannon.
bbridges
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:52 pm

ActonBell wrote:

ITA. I don't think the trailer reflected the Superman I love from the comics, and what I was always afraid of happening with Zach Snyder in control of this film. Henry Cavill is pretty, though.

These are exactly my concerns with this reboot. I don't want angsty gritty Superman and I'm afraid that's what we're going to get.

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:57 pm

I just want naked Superman. Is that too much to ask?
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  wenchsenior Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:39 am

I'm so torn. On the one hand, I find Superman boring as hell. On the other hand, I LOVE the supporting cast. On the third hand, the director wtf? On the fourth hand, trailer looks suprisingly good, and not cheesy. On the fifth hand, Henry Cavill was ragingly hot in The Tudors. On the sixth hand, I kind of doubt Henry Cavill will be nearly as hot playing a nice guy.

I think my fundamental problem is that I only really like snarky, conflicted, assholey superhero/comic book characters. Straight-up heroes are so dull. Ironman/Batman/Wolverine types are much more interesting. However, scruffy Cavill shots are weakening my resolve to not care. WHAT TO DO?

wenchsenior

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:13 pm

Zack Snyder confuzzles me. I actually loved his Dawn of the Dead remake, and there are bits and bobs of 300 and The Watchmen that are endurable. His movies are very pretty to look at and he's certainly influenced a lot of action movie directors with his style. This trailer seems more DotD than 300, which I think is a good thing. I dunno. David S. Goyer is a hit and miss writer for me, too, so it all comes out as a wash. I'll see this movie, but I don't have high expectations. The trailer is the only thing that has convinced me to bother with it--in general I don't care about Superman and I don't think anyone has successfully directed an actor in this role so far.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Skyblade Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:18 pm

Cloud Atlas, which, despite some moments of cheesiness, as drilled itself into my head. I don't think I've felt so moved by a trailer in a long, long time. It's one of those things I can see ordinary moviegoers going "I don't get it" and me being mad at them.

Skyblade

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:21 pm

I haven't brought myself to watch that yet. Cloud Atlas is one of my favorite books and the thought of putting actors in it makes me nervous. I feel the same way about Life of Pi, though I feel less uneasy about that adaptation because Ang Lee.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  Skyblade Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:22 pm

The most controversial one seems to be that they aged Zachary up. Way up. As in, he's played by Tom Hanks. Also, I'm getting the sense it isn't just the protagonist being reincarnated throughout history, although
Spoiler:

Skyblade

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:19 pm

I watched the trailer, and yes, the aging of certain characters bothers me, but I'm also getting a New Agey too-sentimental vibe that I don't like. I won't write off the whole movie for a whole trailer because I know trailers can be misleading, but let's say I'm apprehensive.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:52 pm

Taken 2: The Takening. I am excited about this and I hope it is more like the first movie and less like Unknown. I wonder if they do a third movie if his dog will be kidnapped. Or his grandchild.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:15 am

I love how Liam Neeson will do any movie. British, Irish, and Scottish actors generally seem to just want to work, which is awesome.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  nikita Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:45 pm

I was so excited when I found out they were making a Taken sequel. I am so there.

nikita

Back to top Go down

Post  Esseilte Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:52 pm

The trailer for Song for Marion, the film I worked on as an extra a while back, is out. My pixellated head is visible, which means nothing to anyone but me, but I really think this is going to be good!

Esseilte
Esseilte

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:28 pm

Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters. Well, that looks delightfully awful! Add that to my little Jeremy Renner Situation and I kind of can't wait to see this.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum