Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magic Mike

+31
ulkis
Poubelle
Raksha
Kiran
mayram
oxymoron
Shalamar
Skyblade
Snarryfan
puddingcup
Menshevixen
punzy
truecrystal
TiffanyNichelle
Cutebutpsycho
Putli Bai
MtOlivePickles
blooey
Genevieve
pizzagirl20
naughty zoot
katesti
Lily Rose
Arabella
Miss Moneypenny
particle_person
Coneycat
PrincessCleo
ActonBell
Jessica
whatthedeuce
35 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Magic Mike Empty Magic Mike

Post  whatthedeuce Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:21 pm

Not enough Bomer. AT ALL. Also, I hate that this movie made me see that Alex Pettyfer is actually hot.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Magic Mike Empty Re: Magic Mike

Post  Jessica Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:25 pm

The audience at my screening actually booed Cody Horn's end credit. Wow, that thing ground to a halt whenever she was on screen. No pun intended.

But Channing Tatum is an American hero.
Jessica
Jessica

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:26 pm

I'm seeing this tomorrow, so excited! Good or bad, it should be a lot of fun.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:39 pm

Cody Horn looks so familiar to me. She reminds me of Missy Perygrym and someone else. She wasn't horrible, but I did sorta wish she didn't have such a bored or sour expression the entire movie. I know she was the put upon older sis, but come on now! You get to hang around Mike all the time, dude. That alone is reason to smile!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  PrincessCleo Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:09 pm

whatthedeuce wrote:Not enough Bomer. AT ALL. Also, I hate that this movie made me see that Alex Pettyfer is actually hot.

Was his "THANK YOU" crotch tattoo visible?
PrincessCleo
PrincessCleo
Admin

http://http;//cleolinda.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:11 pm

I am on vacation as of today, and I think I'm going to see this to celebrate.

I usually go to movies with my brother and his girlfriend. I... think I'll leave my brother out of this one!

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:59 pm

whatthedeuce wrote:Not enough Bomer. AT ALL.
...oh BOMER, you said BOMER. I almost thought it said something else.
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:10 pm

PrincessCleo wrote:
whatthedeuce wrote:Not enough Bomer. AT ALL. Also, I hate that this movie made me see that Alex Pettyfer is actually hot.

WHAT? EXPLAIN.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:38 pm

Jessica wrote:The audience at my screening actually booed Cody Horn's end credit. Wow, that thing ground to a halt whenever she was on screen. No pun intended.
That's hilarious! Is all the stripping in the trailer?

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:03 pm

particle_person wrote:
whatthedeuce wrote:Not enough Bomer. AT ALL.
...oh BOMER, you said BOMER. I almost thought it said something else.
OMG. That would have been racier than anything in the movie, honestly.

And Arabella, there was plenty of fun stripping that I don't believe was in the trailer. I really wanted more Bomer though, seriously. It was mostly Channing and Alex Pettyfer though I'mnot really complaining about either of them because they did look quite tasty.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:13 pm

whatthedeuce wrote:And Arabella, there was plenty of fun stripping that I don't believe was in the trailer. I really wanted more Bomer though, seriously. It was mostly Channing and Alex Pettyfer though I'mnot really complaining about either of them because they did look quite tasty.
Alex Pettyfer...I almost forgot he was in the movie! I've seen Channing and McConaughey and Joe Manganiello everywhere promoting this on the other hand. But thanks for the info that everyone looks hot!

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:27 pm

Is he filming something at the moment, or is there some dramatic reason why he's not promoting half as much as the other guys (most of whom barely even talk in the movie)? He's onscreen just as much as Channing Tatum is, but I haven't seen one interview of his in connection to the movie.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  PrincessCleo Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:35 pm

Miss Moneypenny wrote:
PrincessCleo wrote:

WHAT? EXPLAIN.
He said he had "THANK YOU" tattooed over his Bomer "in case I forget to say it." Because he is a classy, classy gentleman.
PrincessCleo
PrincessCleo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:46 pm

PrincessCleo wrote:
Miss Moneypenny wrote:
PrincessCleo wrote:

WHAT? EXPLAIN.
He said he had "THANK YOU" tattooed over his Bomer "in case I forget to say it." Because he is a classy, classy gentleman.
Like so. Because of course it's on the interwebs.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  PrincessCleo Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:47 pm

See, I was going to give him the benefit of the doubt, like maybe he just TOLD the reporter that and it wasn't necessarily a real thing. Like it was Schrodinger's Douchey Tattoo or something. I should have known better.
PrincessCleo
PrincessCleo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:50 pm

PrincessCleo wrote:See, I was going to give him the benefit of the doubt, like maybe he just TOLD the reporter that and it wasn't necessarily a real thing. Like it was Schrodinger's Douchey Tattoo or something. I should have known better.
Like there was any way it wasn't real, and any way he wasn't posing topless hoping someone would see it and ask about it.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  PrincessCleo Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:52 pm

So... CAN you see it in the movie? Or was Soderbergh just like, "No, get out the tattoo-covering makeup, I can't even be having with this"?
PrincessCleo
PrincessCleo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:02 pm

PrincessCleo wrote:So... CAN you see it in the movie? Or was Soderbergh just like, "No, get out the tattoo-covering makeup, I can't even be having with this"?

I would have added "for visiting [strip club's name]" under it and written in that he did it to help with tips.

(I am not getting to see this until 7/10 and I am so sad I will miss the rowdy opening weekend crowds. And I still plan to get bombed beforehand even though July 10 is a Tuesday.)
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:39 pm

I didn't notice it in the film though his arm and chest tats were definitely there.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  katesti Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:51 pm

Miss Moneypenny wrote:
PrincessCleo wrote:So... CAN you see it in the movie? Or was Soderbergh just like, "No, get out the tattoo-covering makeup, I can't even be having with this"?

I would have added "for visiting [strip club's name]" under it and written in that he did it to help with tips.

(I am not getting to see this until 7/10 and I am so sad I will miss the rowdy opening weekend crowds. And I still plan to get bombed beforehand even though July 10 is a Tuesday.)

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh. I need a girl date. All my female friends in town are either way too mature, way too gay, or way too evacuated by fire to join me. WOE.

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:09 pm

Okay, "too evacuated by fire" totally made me LOL. Carry on.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:56 pm

I spent my work day in a very warm Victorian costume in a very warm library dealing with one whack job after another. You have no idea how delightful it was to have a couple of cocktails afterwards and see this in a theatre packed with rowdy women. So much fun.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  pizzagirl20 Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:58 am

We had quite the rowdy crowd at our screening, too. McConaughey was so perfectly cast, it was insane. He just *was* Dallas. He was incredibly good ... I was so impressed. I was much less impressed with Cody Horn.

More Joe Manganiello and Matt Bomer would've been nice. I'm not a fan of Pettyfer, so I could've done with less of him. Channing Tatum has sweet moves. One of my friends commented that she was very jealous of his wife as we left the theater. I think a good portion of the audience will agree. I know I do after seeing this.

Overall, I really liked this movie. Could've been cheesy, could've been too melodramatic, but Soderberg kept it all in check, and the actors all did good work. Now I'm looking forward to the musical version.
pizzagirl20
pizzagirl20

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:07 am

It always surprises me when I remember that Channing can dance well. I know he got his big break in Step Up, but since I never saw that movie, I haven't really seen his dancing ability before, but the guy has some moves!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Genevieve Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:02 am

This was a great movie to see with my sister. And yes we had a rowdy audience. Much cheering, clapping, noise-making, a few cat-calls. We were excited bunch.
We came home to look at pictures of Channing Tatum on tumblr. Because we are like that.
Genevieve
Genevieve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next