Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saturday Night Live

+59
mialoubug
dionneshea
Carrie Ann
Nerg
Never Enough
Jude
Cutebutpsycho
biakbiak
Swarley
Fraoch
Miss Moneypenny
Raised by wolves
laddical
Morning Angel
TiffanyNichelle
Heather
Soleil
GoodbyeWithWords
RiverThames
blixie
ulkis
mokey75
schwa
whatthedeuce
Snarryfan
Unlucky Bear
QueenSix
swsa
UmaOprah
Arabella
Genevieve
Jordan Baker
Betty Madrid
dday515
19uses
puddingcup
ActonBell
MichiSichi
sobe
big chicken
Wilhelmina
bbridges
naughty zoot
Poubelle
Jessica
Sincerity
queenofdenile
Kiran
Binky
Gallifrey Girl
Cynara
Instant Monkeys
Auroura76
nikita
punkysdilemma
The Dude
jcpdiesel21
pizzagirl20
Eris Rising
63 posters

Page 9 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 22  Next

Go down

Saturday Night Live - Page 9 Empty Re: Saturday Night Live

Post  Unlucky Bear Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:04 am

Ok, Gov. Christie's New Jersey sign language interpreter cracked me up.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:04 am

It was fantastic tonight. That's what having Louis CK as guest host does, I guess!
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:05 am

The hotel bill sketch was very Pythonesque. Me likey.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:15 am

I giggled way more than I probably should have at the Australian Screen Legends sketch.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:03 am

Lincoln. "Who wanted to kill him? The whole country from the middle on down."

The new girls are getting a lot to do.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:10 am

Mary Lincoln nagging Abe to ensure he had the theater tickets cracked me up! "I just don't want to arrive at the theater and find out we can't get in."

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:15 pm

They do keep on topping themselves this season, don't they? With the exception of the final sketch, I can't think of a single bit that I didn't enjoy on some level last night.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:12 pm

The new three women are great -- don't miss Wiig at all. I hope they keep spreading out the work and don't turn any one of them into Wiig 2.0.

Heather

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:35 am

Liked pretty much everything tonight except, of course, Rihanna. Hated her songs, hated her outfits (what was that Mickey Mouse shoes with camo thing anyway?). And the greenscreen garbage on the first song was awful.

Aside from a complaint about the staging - I would have had the two "stars" face the rest of the team instead of the audience - I thought the "McDonald's" sketch was the best. The "American Gothic" one snuck up on me - Anne really had the timing on crossing and uncrossing her eyes down and it sent my wife into crazy hysterics.

I might have found the "Homeland" sketch a tad funnier if I actually watched the series, but it was still pretty solid.

The weakest sketch of the night was probably the opener, and even that made me laugh.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:27 am

I thought it was going to be a rerun because Rihanna's already been a musical guest this year. I hope I can find a torrent of the show somewhere cuz I'm curious as to how Anne fared. She strikes me as someone with excellent comic timing!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:55 pm

I really loved the episode. Usually there are one or two skits that I just don't care about but this one was pretty funny all the way through and had a good use of the whole cast.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:01 pm

Hrm, we thought this one was a bit of a dud. (And I like Anne Hathaway.) The Ellen skit went on forever.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:58 pm

Yeah, this one fell flat for me, too. It meandered. Part of it is that I find Anne Hathaway really naturally grating, so she lost me in the monologue -- I just can't with her. She was good as Katie Holmes, and the Homeland sketch had funny bits, but it felt more like a mean-spirited jab at Claire Danes' acting (by the writers, not by Anne) than anything else. (And I think Claire Danes is great on Homeland, so... for me that sketch only worked because Hader's Mandy Patinkin is so uncanny. It was lazy writing; Kenan Thompson had nothing to do and they resorted to having him only say things that were obvious "duh" lines explaining all the jokes.)

So, yeah. The American Gothic sketch was a funny idea. I thought Rihanna sounded awful. And I can't deal with Hathaway even though I love how her hair looks all of a sudden.

Heather

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:07 am

I liked a bunch of them -- I am too much of a Les Mis nerd not to have appreciated the monologue, and for whatever reason the opener really tickled me. The MILK. "Dad, I'm only 38 years old!" (The Karl Rove part didn't work though.) I also thought the McDonald's one was funny (if long), and the "Girlfriend Talk" one. And Ellen.

I didn't like the Homeland sketch much though. I don't watch it, but I am certainly familiar with Claire Danes, and Hathaway's imitation didn't do much for me. The whole sketch just sort of sat there, like they decided they should do one but didn't really have any ideas beyond "Homeland, amirite?"

However, I would watch an entire show of Taran Killam and Kate McKinnon. MVPs for me.

I fast-forwarded Rihanna. However, in the latest edition of I Am Old And Curmudgeonly And Wish For Various Individuals To Get Off My Lawn, I must say I am NOT A FAN of this new thing of letting the music acts have a giant video screen thing behind them. You're on SNL. You can't just sing the song on the regular stage? Oh, the song doesn't hold up without a lot of distracting electronic shit behind it? Oh, OK then.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:16 am

I think a lot of why I'm enjoying this season so much more than others is that there's no Kristen Wiig sketches dragging down the show. Almost all of her characters were uncomfortable or repetitive bits and even the ones that weren't painful to watch were very low-energy slow humor. Not having two or three sketches per week that completely stop the momentum of the show is helping tremendously. Plus, Taran Killam's breakout is also helping because his humor (even when it's repetitive like Wiig's) is faster paced.

And since I didn't comment on it at the time, I thought the Bruno Mars skit with the Pandora intern was so crazy good. He was pretty good in general but that was amazing.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:29 am

I fast-forwarded Rihanna. However, in the latest edition of I Am Old And Curmudgeonly And Wish For Various Individuals To Get Off My Lawn, I must say I am NOT A FAN of this new thing of letting the music acts have a giant video screen thing behind them. You're on SNL. You can't just sing the song on the regular stage? Oh, the song doesn't hold up without a lot of distracting electronic shit behind it? Oh, OK then.

Ohmygod, that was the WORST.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:24 am

I am a bit behind but I must say I miss Darrel as Trump ( as much as I love Sudeikis)
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:53 am

Raised by wolves wrote:I think a lot of why I'm enjoying this season so much more than others is that there's no Kristen Wiig sketches dragging down the show. Almost all of her characters were uncomfortable or repetitive bits and even the ones that weren't painful to watch were very low-energy slow humor. Not having two or three sketches per week that completely stop the momentum of the show is helping tremendously.
Agreed. Even though I like her, in many ways, I was THOROUGHLY ready for her to be gone from the show. I was spending every sketch going "Ugghhh, Wiig." And then "All right, I'm not being fair, she's funny. This impression she's doing is good. She IS funny. I can see why they give her so many sketches. And she's obviously charismatic. And she wrote Bridesmaids. No wonder they want to hang onto her. ...Is this over YET? ARGH NO she's just annoying. I am justifying my annoyance with the following evidence. ...OK, that was funny I guess. She really is talented. ...Does she have to do the same face every time? IS THIS EVER GOING TO END?" Like, I was working way harder than I should have been to enjoy the stuff she was in, or justify to myself why I wasn't enjoying it. Now I don't have to WORRY about it. Because it's just regular funny, not "I should find this funny!" funny.

To expand on that, they don't really have a "star" right now that they have to sort of build sketches around. And I think that helps. It feels like an ensemble, not like everyone has to feed straight lines to Penelope or Surprise Lady or Kathie Lee Gifford or Gross Sexy Girl or Gilly or Tiny Hands Lady or whatever Wiig character is the showpiece. I feel like the closest thing they have right now to a character like that is Stefon and...Stefon is awesome. (Please stay awesome, Stefon.)

Forgot to mention though: the allergy commercial at the end was BAD. I can see why they didn't put it in the usual spot after the monologue. Not only was it clumsy and not funny, it was mean, and not in an incisive, "the truth hurts" way, just in a clumsy way. There's humor to be found in the fact that SOME people exaggerate allergies or whatever for attention, but this made it sound like a gluten allergy was just something that crazy attention whores have. It was super tone deaf and they just didn't find it or whatever the term is. I don't think it should have aired, honestly, but it looked like they were short on material at the end when they seemed to be telling Anne to keep talking.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:55 am

I love Stefon, and the fact that every episode results in him cracking is even more hilarious
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:26 pm

I found this episode lacking, too. Especially the political stuff; I feel like ever since the Daily Show/Colbert happened SNL has been like "Fine, you have it, we're not even gonna try."

I did like the Homeland parody, though.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:08 pm

I may have watched the Mokiki Does the Sloppy Swish video about ten times since Saturday.

Edited to add the video! It's contagious!

Last edited by Gallifrey Girl on Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:22 pm

I had completely forgotten about that. And yes... that was insanely brilliant.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:05 pm

Mokiki was the high point of the night for me.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:51 pm

Jeremy Renner can sing! And that was the only bright spot last night. The Avengers skit was so flat and awkward and the Californians has never been funny. The only skit I liked was the last one where Jeremy couldn't recognize his brother.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:17 pm

TiffanyNichelle wrote:Jeremy Renner can sing! And that was the only bright spot last night. The Avengers skit was so flat and awkward and the Californians has never been funny. The only skit I liked was the last one where Jeremy couldn't recognize his brother.

Yeah, he doesn't usually do much for me, but I'll admit him singing New York State of Mind is pretty damn attractive.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 22  Next