Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Walking Dead

+48
Fiammetta
Luciano
dday515
choubetcha
swsa
shanndee
Binky
Snarryfan
Shalamar
LadyGayle
BrightEyes
bbridges
CaroJC
chick binewski
salamandersam
dionneshea
violetq
QueenSix
Raised by wolves
Crackie
mandalaya
FiggyPudding
bookworm
The Dude
MaddyCat
jensa
Wildog27
josie
xyzzy
ActonBell
Matinee
spidey_88
CherryFlame
nikita
punkysdilemma
Bad Username
Cynara
gannetguts
truecrystal
biakbiak
themis
queenofdenile
RiverThames
MichiSichi
laddical
naughty zoot
sagitare
jcpdiesel21
52 posters

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

The Walking Dead - Page 2 Empty Re: The Walking Dead

Post  truecrystal Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:48 pm

HA! True. I'm still not over that tetch of racism he tends to display on occasion, more so last season than this. But yeah, he's chock full of common sense and is all about SURVIVAL. I'm down with the fellow who recycles his arrows.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Username Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:48 am

I just caught up on the first three episodes, and I have to ask: how on earth do you manage to make a show about the apocalypse boring? Jericho had the same problem. I get that the show is about the survivors and not about zombies, but I think the Shane-Lorie drama could be toned right down.

I was getting annoyed with the passivity of the female characters, in particular Sophia. I get learned helplessness, but at what stage does the parenting instinct kick in to override it? It helps to remember though that it's probably only been a couple of weeks since Rick woke up, housewives and a law clerk can't exactly be expected to become commandos within that time frame. I wish Shane and Rick had used their time at the CDC to teach everyone else how to shoot, but OH NO they had to get drunk and have relationship dramas and attempted rapes - that Shane later called 'a mistake', and neither he nor Lorie actually used the r-word talking about it later.

I like Andrea and Daryl together; not in an 'I ship them' way, but I like Daryl's pragmatism, I think it can lead to some good character development for Andrea if the writers don't mess it up.

I also liked how Andrea told off Dale for not letting her stay in the CDC building.

Bad Username

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:03 am

All glory to the special effects guys. One zombie this week, but they sure made it count.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  nikita Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:25 pm

They sure did. That was so so so gross.

Spoiler:

This comment from ONTD made me laugh-

If there's anyone on ONTD from Georgia I would really appreciate if you could do me a solid and go find some woods and start yelling "SOPHIA" because I'm ready to go look for her myself

Seriously.

I accidentally read my DVR's description of next week's episode and I do not like what I read:

Spoiler:

nikita

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:40 pm

Huh. And I was just telling my wife last night (watching, again, against her will - I sometimes get the feeling I have a gun to her head that only she can see) that if the producers kill off Daryl there will be hell to pay. If there's a "safe" character on this show not named Rick, it would have to be him, because seriously - I will quit this show in a heartbeat if Daryl dies (and possibly even if he turns outright evil instead of merely antisocial - leave the survive-at-any-cost-evil shit to Shane).

Poor Glen. On two levels. One, for being zombie bait. That was just intense and wrong. And two, for apparently losing his cherry (at least that's how I understood his stammering) in a drugstore because he couldn't tell Cowgirl he was looking for a pregnancy test. I mean, yay, I guess, scoring is scoring - but stumbling into it almost accidentally with someone who immediately turns into a "it never happened" type kinda sucks.

I knew we'd have to come back 'round to Merle eventually, but I can't say I'm really happy about it.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:11 pm

I'm really hoping that the
Spoiler:

You're right, though: if Daryl dies, then that's a serious MVP loss for Team Zombie Apocalypse Caravan.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:10 am

Although sending Glenn down into the well to rope the zombie was tense and exciting, and the zombie splitting in two was suitably disgusting, that whole sequence felt like a huge waste of time. If there is a zombie splashing around in the bottom of a well, wouldn't it already be contaminated? I wouldn't want to drink any water that had a zombie essence, whether it is dead or alive. Also, it was mentioned that there were other wells on the property, so why not just board this one up and use the others instead?

Even though the pace was slow and not a whole lot happened, I think this is the first episode of season 2 that I've really liked and featured some decent character development.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  themis Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:18 pm

Right? I missed the part where they hooked up Glenn for bait, and later noticed that was him dangling down the well, and I was like YOU DID NOT just risk one of your useful people for that harebrained goat-rope, you DUMMIES -!

Also, was that the fastest reading pregnancy test ever, or am I getting behind the times? I don't care how virginal Glenn was, if he's heard of sex he's heard of pregnancy tests, that shouldn't have taken a ton of explaining.

themis

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:17 am

It was definitely fast, but I think most of them are around one minute, and I don't think I could have taken sixty seconds of Lori just sitting there with angsty faces.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:28 pm

Just caught up on "Cherokee Rose" and I think Daryl broke me. DON'T FUCK WITH DARYL, SHOW.

Carol's whole "Oh, I don't know how to use that" reaction to being handed a gun pissed me off. Do you think that maybe a zombie apocalypse might be a good time to start to learn? Especially since you have a child? Remember her? The one everyone else has been looking for?

Also, I learned that putting someone into overalls and a work shirt turns them into an slack-jawed yokel. Keep the laughs coming, Shane!
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:52 pm

sagitare wrote:Also, I learned that putting someone into overalls and a work shirt turns them into an slack-jawed yokel. Keep the laughs coming, Shane!
I got a giggle out of this transformation, too. He looked just like Lennie from Of Mice and Men.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:47 pm

The whole ep was awesomesauce, but my absolute favorite part was Daryl pulling up the covers like a maiden aunt when Carol brought him dinner.

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  CherryFlame Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:05 pm

I think this show was trying to give me a heart attack with all of the almost deaths of Daryl. I love what Norman Reedus has done with the character and I want to learn more Daryl backstory. I also really like the flashback in the beginning. The barn reveal was great too. I'm torn between wanting to read the comics and not wanting to be spoiled for the show.

On another note, I thought we were going to find out what the CDC guy whispered to Rick? They still haven't said that, right?

CherryFlame

Back to top Go down

Post  nikita Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:07 pm

Daryl was the best thing about the episode, as always.

Andrea. Side-eyeing you so hard, girl.

nikita

Back to top Go down

Post  spidey_88 Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:21 pm

On another note, I thought we were going to find out what the CDC guy whispered to Rick? They still haven't said that, right?

I'm pretty sure that is just going to end up being
Spoiler:
spidey_88
spidey_88
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  CherryFlame Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:31 pm

[quote="spidey_88"]

I'm pretty sure that is just going to end up being
Spoiler:

That makes sense but would be kind of disappointing. I was hoping it would be vital information about the walkers or something.

CherryFlame

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:57 pm

I'm hoping it's like in the books where:

Spoiler:

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:59 am

I just watched the last episode and have come to the realization that I would gladly watch an hour of Daryl doing whatever. The rest of those folks...pft. You're right, Hershel, it *is* a wonder they've survived this long. Will the women on this show serve any purpose other than for hoohaa conflict and to do stupid things to get people killed? Will Rick ever stop equivocating and just do what he wants? Will Shane ever stop being creepy? Will Dale? Will I still be watching when/if any of those things happen?

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:54 am

Rick seemed genuinely surprised to find out that Lori is pregnant. So what did Jenner whisper to him at the CDC? There goes that particular theory.

I am really glad that the secrets are starting to come out. And the writers are really amping up Shane's shift in personality as of late.

If Sophia is not found in next week's midseason finale, I may scream. I am SO TIRED of this particular storyline being dragged out so long. The show could be just as satisfying without this going on; the characters could be scrounging for supplies while leaving the farm and exploring areas that are roving with zombies all the same. How much time is supposed to have passed on the show since the season premiere? Because I have a feeling that Sophia is going to show up alive, and it is going to be pretty unbelievable that a child would be able to survive so long on her own. Also, the longer she stays missing, the more I hope that she has been gone so long for a purpose and that her reappearance will really pay off, like her seeing what really went down between Shane and Otis at the school. I fear that I am getting my hopes up for no reason.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:25 am

I think Sophia has been taken in by some creepy dude who will someday become her husband, like in Children of the Dust. Yup.

So a couple episodes ago it was all noooooo, don't shoot your gun, it's too loud and walkers will appear, but this episode it's let's all do target practice repeatedly. (And how much ammo do they have?)
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:07 pm

I just watched the last episode and have come to the realization that I would gladly watch an hour of Daryl doing whatever. The rest of those folks...pft.

Yes, ITA. The show would be much more entertaining if it was just Daryl surviving in the forest and hunting zombies. Everyone else has become so dull and emo and useless that I am pretty much fed up with this show.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  CherryFlame Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:03 pm

If Sophia is still alive and surviving on her own then she's probably better off without these fools. Though I did like Andrea's dead calm face while finally shooting up some walkers.

This episode needed more Daryl.

CherryFlame

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:05 am

You know, I just couldn't deal with Lori this episode. My patience with her is limited to start with, but seriously: she climbs up higher on her moral high horse and argues that, in a post-apocalyptic world seemingly overrun by zombies, Carl shouldn't learn how to handle a gun. She follows that up by bitching at Rick for not telling her that the group will probably have to leave, but is keeping her pregnancy a secret from him (at least he called her on that shit). Then she actually has to contemplate whether or not it's a good idea to have said baby in the aforementioned post apocalyptic world overrun by zombies. Gah. More Daryl, please and thank you.

And Glenn. Christ. Dude, just make an effort and *try* to develop some kind of ability to monitor yourself. I don't know why he didn't just stand in the middle of the camp and shout out what he knew, he was practically doing it with his ridiculous guilty expressions and body language.

I kind of liked Shane and Dale's confrontation. I wish Dale would have come back with some comment about Shane killing Otis when Shane threatened Dale - what was Shane's line, something like 'just imagine how quickly I'd kill someone I don't even like'. That's when Dale should have brought up Otis. Hell, in for a penny, in for a pound, Dale.

If Sophia is not found in next week's midseason finale, I may scream. I am SO TIRED of this particular storyline being dragged out so long. <snip> Also, the longer she stays missing, the more I hope that she has been gone so long for a purpose and that her reappearance will really pay off, like her seeing what really went down between Shane and Otis at the school.
I am so with you on that. I haven't read the comics so I don't know if this is part of that or not, but god, there has *got* to be a reason for her disappearance. I agree with CherryFlame: if she's still alive and surviving, she's miles ahead of the clowns looking for her (minus Daryl, of course).
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:17 pm

jcpdiesel21 wrote: Also, the longer she stays missing, the more I hope that she has been gone so long for a purpose and that her reappearance will really pay off, like her seeing what really went down between Shane and Otis at the school. I fear that I am getting my hopes up for no reason.

Well, I definitely think that paid off.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:27 pm

I think I was supposed to be all torn like the characters when Sophia was revealed to be a walker, but I was screaming "shoot her in the face!". It's possible I have no soul though. It's also possible that they milked the "Where's Sophia?" and "What's in the barn? Walkers are in the barn!" story lines to death and I was ready for them both to be OVER.

I'm sorry, but I was right with crazy ass Shane when he tore down the barn door and started shooting walkers in the head. Glen was right --sick or dead, they're DANGEROUS, and shame on Rick for even considering keeping the camp let alone his family around Hershel's ridiculous rehab facility. I wonder how many of those folks that were in the barn got there by trying to herd up other walkers. I thought the idea was to try to find a safe place where walkers ain't at, not to try to stay where you know they are.

For as much speechifying as all the other characters get to do, poor T-Dog has said maybe 10 words in 4 episodes.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next