Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Amazing Race

+25
blixie
BrightEyes
Jessica
Wildog27
truecrystal
woolhat
PineappleGirl
MLIS
Putli Bai
Gallifrey Girl
Shalamar
Raised by wolves
schwa
punkysdilemma
molliewollie
Tabby
Salieri
Ceci
dionneshea
biakbiak
Jasmine
curryalley
jcpdiesel21
Miss Moneypenny
Instant Monkeys
29 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Amazing Race - Page 5 Empty Re: The Amazing Race

Post  BrightEyes Sun May 06, 2012 11:42 pm

Didn't they have the Hawaii clue before they left Japan? Why didn't anyone Google the "Twin Towers" before they left Osaka?

Well, out of the teams left, I'm glad Rachel and Dave won the million. However, to paraphrase someone on ONTD, this will make their divorce more complicated.

BrightEyes

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Mon May 07, 2012 3:04 am

Well, that's over. I knew they would bicker and call each other names, and at the final mat talk about how much closer the race had made them. Hooray for you.

I always miss it when they leave out the memory task at the end. Those are often awesome.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Mon May 07, 2012 3:40 am

As someone who has never seen a full hour of the BB, I thought BB Rachel was a crazy town bitch who never took responsibility for her mistakes, blamed all mistakes on her partner, and never celebrated her partner when he did something good.

I guess R.D were the best of the worst.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Tue May 08, 2012 12:00 am

punkysdilemma wrote:I always miss it when they leave out the memory task at the end. Those are often awesome.
I missed this, too. A season never feels complete without one. But it could have been worse; when Freddy and Kendra won, the final task was eating a pizza. Now that was pitiful.

I was shocked at how many huge mistakes were made during the final leg. Has this ever happened before? Dave and Rachel were off to a huge lead and nearly gave it all away.

I found it hilarious given all of their bitching about how Brendon and Rachel kept following them early in the race, Art and JJ resorted to having their cab follow Dave and Rachel's. At that point it was sweet schadenfreude to watch them lose.

Hopefully Rachel (of Brendon/Rachel) disappears into obscurity following her latest reality TV experience. Every time I didn't think she could get more annoying, SHE DID.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:52 pm

Season 21!

Goat Farmers/Life Partners!
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:06 pm

Josh and Brent crack me up so I hope they last awhile. Though I imagine they will also bicker like crazy.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:50 pm

Jaymes and James. Oh good lord.

Actually, this cast looks pretty good! A lot more "normal" people than usual, and only one team of "We're going on the race to test our relationship" people who I will instantly root against.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:11 pm

I'm worried about the shrieky twins. I don't know how much of the shrieky twins I can take.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:21 pm

Are they both shrieky or is it just the one? The one who played ping pong seemed calmer though she was cheering loudly but who knows.

I am so glad that Rob and Sheila got sent him, I really didn't like his correcting her that she didn't choose him, he choose her.

Josh and Brent lucked out, which I am happy about because I adore them but they seemed to bleed crazy time between tasks. They were first down the repel, third at the backpacks, 7/8 at the airport, and then last for the rest of the time but far apart from the other teams on their own flight.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:52 pm

OK, I (for the moment at least) officially LOVE the Sri Lankan twins. Anyone with hair that long who can cheerfully stick her head in a barrel of fish is all right by me. I also loved the line about how her makeup sweat was getting all over the fish. Hee.

I am bummed about the elimination. Those guys seemed nice, and while I liked the idea that Gary and Will were fans of the show, they stress me out. Gary (? the tall one) seems like he might be a bit of a high-strung ass.

I THINK I like the monster truckers? But he seems like he could flip over into angry douchebag at any time.

HOW CUTE were those kids at the roadblock? The one with the glasses? GOOD LORD.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:21 am

I really wanted the tall/short guys to leave until those blondes got some camera time tonight. They were awful. If you're in a race to the finish line with a shitty team that's been U-Turned then you suck and deserve to go home.

Every scene of those girls tonight was of them fighting with cabbies, bitching about non-English speakers, wandering around lost, and capped HILARIOUSLY with the doomed fork in the road. And then the editors gave them one of the best fuck you send-offs ever. An entire night of awful behavior with the last of their goodbye speech about how they're so much better than other teams and certain people shouldn't be racing instead of them cut imediately to Phil saying, "We're really gonna miss you on this race." The way he said it sounded so insincere to me. I laughed so goddamn hard.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:35 pm

Seriously. Just when I was starting to grudgingly pay attention to them and investigate whether they had personalities, they were revealed to be total asses ("It's SO ANNOYING when you're in a foreign country and everyone doesn't speak English!!!" or words to that effect = automatic shutdown from me) and then conveniently eliminated. Thanks, editors!

I thought Phil was being sort of creepy actually, the way he said it, like "We're really gonna miss YOU on the race, blonde hot girls."

Even though they are annoying and slightly assy, I did feel for Will and Gary when they said "if anyone should be doing well on this race it's us since we're such superfans...but we've become the team that everyone is like 'what are they doing here?'" They seemed really humbled by it, and that has to feel crappy to dream of getting on the show, strategize about it for years, and then kind of suck at it.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:39 am

I'm so glad the Superfans left tonight. It was about time for a non-elim leg but when they were on the mat I was chanting "please be gone, please be gone." I was glad they didn't leave over those horrible blondes last week, but I was relieved they left tonight. They were really uncomfortable to watch. The big one is an stressy kvetcher and the little one is very intense and not fun. Even when he's trying to be positive there's this undercurrent of...something I can't explain but don't like. Their shot on the race was such a case of be careful what you wish for!

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:35 am

Raised by wolves wrote:I'm so glad the Superfans left tonight. It was about time for a non-elim leg but when they were on the mat I was chanting "please be gone, please be gone." I was glad they didn't leave over those horrible blondes last week, but I was relieved they left tonight. They were really uncomfortable to watch. The big one is an stressy kvetcher and the little one is very intense and not fun. Even when he's trying to be positive there's this undercurrent of...something I can't explain but don't like. Their shot on the race was such a case of be careful what you wish for!

They really were uncomfortable to watch. I cringed every time they were onscreen and when they got to the mat, my husband said, "Please Phil, put them out of their misery." They didn't seem to enjoy anything about the race and being superfans certainly didn't help them in any way.

Anyway, I like all of the teams left right now, although I have the feeling Rob/Kelly and/or Abby/Ryan are headed for meltdowns. Trips to Bangladesh always make me worried for horrifying racist or privileged comments, so it was sweet to see everyone so chill and even happy to be there. And the rockers had to be the mellowest rat catchers ever.

My favorite moment was when the goat farmers saw the goats and said, "Our people!"
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:03 am

I was ready for them to go too. "Put them out of their misery" is right. They were stressing me out.

I love the rockers. And I know they're obnoxious, but I still like the twins. They are like bulldozers. I want to see them kick the ass of every challenge.

I was wondering if the Superfans had a presence on TWoP at all. That seemed to be kind of the epicenter of TAR online fandom for a long time, what with the TARcons, etc.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:11 pm

Abbie may be my new favorite racer. Her reactions to the shrieky twin at the bus roadblock were hilarious.
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:56 pm

And that's why you never give up - someone else might just be doing worse than you!

So it looks like the two teams are at least 12 hours behind. If the goat farmers can't complete the swimming and have to wait until the library opens again, I would think that would mean they're a full day behind. Would that be enough time for the rocker/lawyer to go to a consulate/embassy and get an emergency passport issued? Would they even try, not knowing just how far behind the other teams are?

I was surprised that the goat farmers didn't tell the other team to go on once it became obvious they couldn't do the swimming.

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:50 pm

Even though it seemed pretty obvious that the rockers were boned, that was still a pretty entertaining episode. The dude running the timezone challenge was hilarious.

Is it new that the 4-hour penalty gets applied to the start of the next leg? Seems silly because 4 hours can easily get burned off by a big ol' "destination X is closed till tomorrow morning" bunching extravaganza.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:05 pm

In season 17, a team quit the detour and they got a six hour penalty in the NEL do I could see them giving Josh and Brent a shorter penalty because they weren't quitting they were forced to stop because of the hours of operation.

It apparently took six days to get a replacement passport and the necessary exit visa.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:13 pm

Aww I felt really bad for the rocker-lawyer team, they were such good racers. If you leave out the dropping of money bundles and leaving of passports in taxis!

I have to say what's his face who was so good at "mind puzzles" taking 18 tests to get the time zones right made me laugh my ass off. It was really nice how they helped the Beekman's but they are so douchey otherwise. These racers overall have been pretty good sport focused, so I'm hoping that when they do have to start looking out for themselves in the next episode no one takes it like a sucky baby. It's a race dude and at some point you might have to have to screw someone to get ahead.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:34 pm

Sweet Jesus, so much whining tonight! Race! RAAAAACE!
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:18 pm

The OMG U-Turn Betrayal! thing always bemuses me. It's part of the rules of the game. Get mad at the show for letting that exist, don't get mad at some team for using the damn thing.

I had to give props to the Chippendales for putting on the collar and cuffs to make money faster.

I still don't like the twins. Though I guess it has been a merciful few episodes since anyone yelled TWINNY!!! at the top of their lungs.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  MLIS Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:53 pm

If you had told me at the beginning of the season that I would end up rooting for the Chippendales, I would have thought you were crazy. And yet here I am. They are pleasant and respectful to each other and the people they meet, competent at most tasks, enjoying themselves, hysterically funny, appreciative of the experience, and seem like decent guys. Colour me surprised that they have ended up my favourite team in several seasons.

As for the u-turn, I don't particularly like it, but it's part of the game. Using it does not equal being a bad person. Especially when the person it is used on would not even hesitate to turn around and use it on someone else if they could. It's a race, people. It's also a tv show. Save your discussions of betrayal and friendship and what makes a good or bad person for real life.

MLIS

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:05 pm

The OMG U-Turn Betrayal! thing always bemuses me. It's part of the rules of the game. Get mad at the show for letting that exist, don't get mad at some team for using the damn thing.

Apparently there issue was that it was Jaymes and James because they had an alliance to help each other get into the final three and had frequently helped each other out and according to Ryan specifically told them that they had their back.

And in this case I can see being angry because it was people they thought they were friends with and it was purely intended to get A/R out of the race, not to just save themselves.

It's part of the race but you also don't have to go out of your way to tell people that you wouldn't do that. It also makes me understand why Jaymes was feeling like a dick for doing it, rather than just being a part of the game..

Last edited by biakbiak on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:19 pm

MLIS wrote:If you had told me at the beginning of the season that I would end up rooting for the Chippendales, I would have thought you were crazy. And yet here I am. They are pleasant and respectful to each other and the people they meet, competent at most tasks, enjoying themselves, hysterically funny, appreciative of the experience, and seem like decent guys. Colour me surprised that they have ended up my favourite team in several seasons.
Ditto to all that. I freaking love the Chippendales and I hope they win. They're just delightful and a pleasure to watch (er, not just the shirtless parts). And the one guy sounds a lot like Harry Connick Jr.

I still like the twins. I don't even know why. I just keep rooting for them. I also have become fond of Trey and Lexie. Honestly, right now I like all the teams that are left, which is a rare and pleasant Race occurrence.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next