Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Amazing Race

+25
blixie
BrightEyes
Jessica
Wildog27
truecrystal
woolhat
PineappleGirl
MLIS
Putli Bai
Gallifrey Girl
Shalamar
Raised by wolves
schwa
punkysdilemma
molliewollie
Tabby
Salieri
Ceci
dionneshea
biakbiak
Jasmine
curryalley
jcpdiesel21
Miss Moneypenny
Instant Monkeys
29 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Amazing Race - Page 3 Empty Re: The Amazing Race

Post  MLIS Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:22 pm

Hey, I have a question! I heard somewhere that Marcus used to play football. Does anyone know if that's true? Because he never mentions it!

MLIS

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:06 am

punkysdilemma, it was technically a double-length leg, but Amani and Marcus also won a prize for finishing first last week, so it was like a combination of double-length and non-elimination. Weird. This week's episode was entertaining, but also rather anti-climactic in its result since it was pretty obvious that Bill and Cathi were going to be eliminated. I never quite warmed completely to Cathi, but Bill is rather awesome, and they have an adorable relationship.

I'm still waiting for Jeremy and Sandy to show any sort of personality.

I don't mind it when the snowboarders bring up God because their mentions have been so few and far between. The first one was very poorly worded, but was most likely prompted by the show. I enjoy their enthusiasm and good attitudes in general so much that I am willing to overlook this.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:54 pm

I tend to feel annoyed when people use their religion in a smug sense, to imply that because they have it, they are not troubled by the concerns of petty non-religious humans. Like, "He got to drive the Mustang, and I love driving, but I wasn't upset about it because I only feel sunshiney feelings thanks to Jesus. I just loved him and was happy for him and wasn't like some jealous unenlightened atheist about it." Instead we got "I was TOTALLY envious of him...it was hard...but Jesus helped me to let it go and now I'm over it and can feel completely happy for him." You know? I have consistently found the snowboarders to be open about their Jesus-freakery, but not superior douchebags about it. (With an asterisk on that time they kind of poo-pooed the Buddhist temple a little.) So I'm all right with it. They seem like genuinely nice dudes, and I wish more people who purport to be followers of Jesus would be like that. That said, I'm pulling for Amani and Marcus (then the snowboarders, then Ernie and Cindy, then Jeremy and Sandy).

In other news I REALLY REALLY WANT SOME WAFFLES.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:24 am

I did NOT see that coming. I guess the curse of the car is valid for any reality series on CBS. Also, it was a little ironic that the thing that had Andy and Tommy dominating the first ten legs of the race, breaking ahead of the pack, is ultimately what did them in. Because if the other three groups hadn't been jumbled like that, they wouldn't have all made it to the pit stop. And if the snowboarders had been with them, chances are, they would have beat someone to the mat.

I'm pulling for Marcus and Amani, but I'm honestly good with all three teams winning. None of them are offensive to me. I'm just interested to see what happens next week.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:39 am

I was caught off-guard by the elimination, too. Jumping out ahead of the pack based on what was written on the jewelry wasn't a terrible idea, but it just turned out that this particular time, they weren't going to the right spot. The Pit Stop clue was deceptively hidden on those dancers. I wonder what the final standings would have been if those cabbies hadn't shared their information so easily. I don't feel too bad for Tommy and Andy since they won so many prizes for finishing first this season, but would have liked to see them in the final leg.

I feel a little uneasy going into the final leg only rooting for one team, and most of the time in recent seasons the final legs let me down with regard to structure and excitement leading to the final mat. I'd love to see Amani and Marcus take it all because they have been so fun to watch, but fear that they will make a dumb mistake or bleed time like they've done before. I'm still squarely "meh" on Jeremy and Sandy and since I still don't like Cindy due to her past behavior, I do not want her and Ernie to win even though I do think Ernie is okay.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:04 am

I guess we know who will be the first team on the producers list for All-Stars!

I still can't figure out why the taxi driver took A/T to the Miraflores Locks which is not the same thing as Balboa (the area not the statue), Balboa is much closer to where the were than the locks.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:16 am

Oh man, I really wished the cabbies hadn't shared information on the last location, it would have been hilarious watching people go ever further afield looking for "Balboa." I thought the one cabbie knowing what it was based on the drawing was pretty amazing.

Kind of an amusing first task with the Tintin getups even though it turned out to be a throwaway task with a big equalizer trans-ocean plane ride.

I find Jeremy and Sandy to be utter blandsville and Cindy still bothers me quite a bit, so I'm definitely rooting for Amani & Marcus, but I'm not betting on them either.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Tabby Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:33 am

I saw a spoiler last week that said that Amani and Marcus would be eliminated this week, so I was surprised (and happy) at the outcome. I don't dislike the snowboarders, although the occasional Bible-thumping was tiresome, but I really like Amani and Marcus. Both Sandy/Jeremy and Cindy/Ernie have improved over the course of the season, so I don't dislike either of them, either. Kudos for Sandy doing a drama-free tightrope walk even though she has fear of heights. She was terrified, but she went out there are did it. Good for her.

Next week should be a good one! It's nice not to loathe any of the Final Three.
Tabby
Tabby

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:01 pm

It was pretty hilarious to see how happy the top three couples were to see each other. I imagine a lot of that was pure joy as they realized the snowboarders weren't there. I'd be okay with anyone winning. I'm just hoping for an entertaining last leg.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmine Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:43 pm

Totally, the hugging and jumping around on the mat was pretty hilarious.

Jasmine

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:50 am

I really hate it during the final leg of the race when one team is so far out of it so early on. Oh, Marcus. That flight simulator looked frustrating.

Why did Jeremy and Sandy stay so long at that furniture store? The clue clearly said "former residence known as The Dump," which definitely wasn't where they were. I wonder how much time they bled searching throughout the store. And the "twist" with the typewriter keys was really lame.

I thought it would have been kind of awesome if the GPS taxi driver situation had taken Ernie and Cindy longer, they had headed to the mat first all excitedly, and Jeremy and Sandy had suddenly shown up and blown by them for the win. Then they could have whined about having first place "stolen" from them again. Good times. I don't remember the exact line, but when Cindy said something about how if one of the other teams beat them it would be like an A+ team losing to a C team, I kind of wanted to punch her. Thus, I was not particularly pleased with the final result. But hooray for Ernie and what they want to do with the money.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:08 am

Yeah, that was disappointing. I thought I was done hating on Cindy, and then she made at A+ student comment, and I started wishing for their cab to catch on fire.

Amani deserves a special prize - that woman has the patience of a saint.
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:37 am

I noticed they were editing Cindy to be more likable tonight and figured that meant they were going to win. Ha.

My issue with her is even at the final mat, she was still matter-of-factly rattling off the Asian perfectionist parent party line without a shred of clue how incredibly damaging that kind of thing can be. Man, does that ever fucking twig me. The contrast between her words at the mat ("I pretty much have to be perfect or else") and Amani's ("I want our kids to know that you don't always win but you should try hard and have fun") was very striking to me.

Poor Marcus. There was no football metaphor that could save him from the simulator. I wonder if there was a trick to it that he just wasn't getting or if the other two dudes played a lot of Microsoft Flight Simulator while he was absorbing football metaphors. (I kid, because I like them, and found the metaphors kind of hilariously endearing at the last.)
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  woolhat Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:32 am

I guess the silver lining is this season's over and we're done with Cindy. Do they still have that big shindig where the teams watch the finale together (or was that TWOP or something?) Because I like to imagine things got super awkward with the C student comment.
woolhat
woolhat

Back to top Go down

Post  Tabby Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:42 am

I knew Amani and Marcus were doomed as soon as they showed the other teams saying Amani and Marcus had it made, since they live in Atlanta.

Poor Marcus. He was overcorrecting like crazy, those sims don't take much strength to maneuver. And, voice of experience, the more frustrated you are, the worse things get.

Hee, a task where being old was helpful! Some of us learned to type on manual typewriters.

I had started to like Cindy, then she made that crack about A+/C students. Oh, well, I still like Ernie, and it seems like the two of them want to do some good in the world.

Do they still have that big shindig where the teams watch the finale together (or was that TWOP or something?)
A group on TWOP is still holding TARCON, but I don't know if Racers/former Racers show up any more. TARCON isn't an official TAR event, so if the Racers go, it's on their own time.
Tabby
Tabby

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:59 pm

I didn't understand why Marcus and Amani didn't just switch after say, his third failed attempt. Were they not allowed to switch roles?

I really have no problem with Ernie and Cindy's win. And honestly, with the A+/C students remark, she wasn't that far off. Jeremy and Sandy practically made a game of coming in 2nd to last, and when they weren't doing it, Marcus and Amani were there to pick up the slack. And I liked both of those teams, but I'm still a little shocked they made it to the end. However, it would have behooved Cindy to remember that without Jeremy sketching out the last pit-stop, they might still have been tooling around Panama.

All-in-all, a fairly forgettable season (bunny dressage, aside). I'll be happy to see a new group of racers.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:49 pm

Here's a peek at the teams competing in season 20 (!), which premieres on February 19th. Can you believe that it's the show's 20th season? I remember way back when it premiered with hardly any buzz, and used to only air in the summer.

Brendon/Rachel are the team from Big Brother, yes? She looks like a handful based on her picture alone.

No parent/child teams, boo!

"Ambassador of Laughter"? We'll see, Dave.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:58 pm

The thing with Rachel is that she's the most annoying person on the planet, but she's not dumb. She seems dumb, and she has absolutely no idea how she's coming off to the rest of the world, but watching her in Big Brother, she's actually a fairly logical thinker and a not-half bad problem solver AND in good physical shape which made her kind of lethal. The other teams will turn on them immediately, though. Not unlike they did with Romber. As for Brendan, he's got to be the dumbest ph.D student ever. It is shocking how clueless he is. But also very physically fit.

I think I'm really going to like the Tanaka sisters (and not just because they're Japanese - represent!). The pet peeve of "she gets bossy when she's hungry" made me think that we're kindred spirits.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:12 pm

I remember way back when it premiered with hardly any buzz

Me too. Team Guido, the Frats, Loudy Pushy Frank ... good times!
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:46 pm

Are the clowns seriously pulling roller bags? AND a single backpack between the 2 of them? I...can't even.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:25 am

I was positive them missing the mat the first time was going to be The Editing. Sorry, ladies!

I have never seen Big Brother and I hate that chick already.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:55 am

I can't believe we could have gotten rid of the Jersey Shore stereotypes if not for an unbelievable mistake by the girls. Gah.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  woolhat Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:22 pm

I hated them on Big Brother, and was all set to hate Rachel and Brenden the most. But then casting goes and gives me Jersey Shore and whiney clowns. If Team Girl Cousins don't stick around, this season is going to be grim.
woolhat
woolhat

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:53 pm

punkysdilemma wrote:I was positive them missing the mat the first time was going to be The Editing. Sorry, ladies!
Me, too! I was convinced of this until Phil commented on seeing them from the mat to the greeters. Seriously, how could you miss Phil in his jaunty hat? Misa and Maiya were quite literally RIGHT THERE!

Brendon and Rachel should thank their lucky stars that Joey "Doucheness" and Danny are also participating in this season because they make them look good. And to think, we were nearly rid of them if it wasn't for the ineptitude of Misa and Maiya. Although based on the previews, Brendon and Rachel are going to get annoying super fast.

I think Bopper needs subtitles. Half the time I couldn't for the life of me decipher what he was saying!
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:53 am

I've already dubbed Mark & Bopper "Team Boomhauer". I'm expecting them to bust out with "I tell you whut, man, ding dang old Amazing Race, man."
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next