Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Good Wife

+17
snorf
biakbiak
bookworm
Snarryfan
Heather
mrinsouciance
Never Enough
truecrystal
blixie
dionneshea
choubetcha
Poubelle
whatthedeuce
MichiSichi
alexdegenhardt
laurelin_kit
BreezyK
21 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Good Wife - Page 3 Empty Re: The Good Wife

Post  blixie Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:08 am

And if there was going to be hot kissing in the Lockhart Gardiner offices, why couldn't it be Cary and Kalinda?

Because the Kings hate me.

I'm still thinking they might end up with a Florrick, Agos, and Associates ending to this season. I'd love to see Kalinda struggle with being offered to go with them, and feeling torn about her loyalties to Will. I think she and Will understand each other better than either understands Alicia which is why I don't like the idea of either of them *with* Alicia romantically.

Having said that I don't blame Alicia for taking the partnership, and at this point Cary has to realize that Alicia's relationship to Peter will always give her an edge at this firm and probably most of the other ones too. It's not about her being so much better than him at this point, and I do think he's closed that gap by a lot from Year One.

Loved the Elspeth/Kyle McLachlan subplot and hope they do go on a date.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:56 pm

OMG FINALLY. Cary and Kalinda happened. Maybe. Whatever it totally did and it wasn't the end of the world and it basically happened like the fanfic in my head, only without all the sexy strum and drang parts which is good because quality tv should be better than the fanfic in my head. Still, "Say something nice about me." Yays.

That may not have been the best episode all year, but it was my most enjoyable one. Getting gnarly with Bishop, Alicia having to eat it on the gnarly, Alicia having Kalinda's back, Will/Diane scenes, a nice turn by Audra MacDonald, and A Sicilian!

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:30 pm

I hope CBS doesn't cancel this show; it's one of the best hours on network television, even when it's only so-so.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:34 am

Haha, I came here just to make sure everyone agreed that Cary and Kalinda definitely Happened. Hurray! I am so much more invested in that relationship than in any Alicia triangles. I am burnt out on Alicia-Will-Peter. I just don't care.

I'm also so happy about increased Elspeth in recent episodes. Icing on the cake is the best use of Kyle MacLachlan on any show in quite some time. All his charm and weirdness brought to bear on beloved Elspeth. This show has definitely been on a roll.

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:49 am

Whatever to the lack of Cary in this episode, but as fun as it was to watch, I have to goggle at how they really aren't ever going to let Alicia shit or get off the pot about any decision. Ever. I'm glad the show spent four years not growing her character at all so she's still in a bad relationship with Peter where she can't confide him, probably doesn't trust him, and is actively hung up on someone else. Well done.

I'm certainly no Will/Alicia shipper, but it's painful to see a character we are expected to see as smart and strong, just using Peter as a comfortable shoe, when that shoe has already proved it's full of holes and nails. Could she manage to be alone, publicly, legally alone? Jesus. It would be one thing if I thought she truly accepted that while she'll always yearn for what could have been with Will back in the day, whoever he is NOW would never work for her long term.

The most interesting thing about this episode was seeing how her mother being her mother has turned her into this person who will never take a risk she doesn't have to.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:35 am

I love Matthew Perry's smarmy, possibly sociopathic gubernatorial candidate. Given the state's real-life history, he should win the election.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:58 pm

Did anyone think that every time a conversation was happening at the bar, that is was being recorded ala Mitt "47%" Romney?
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:08 pm

So the finale! I fast-forwarded the Will and Alicia scene because WHO CARES ANYMORE. I am excited for the new firm though. Good luck to Will trying to fight off David Lee by himself over at Lockhart Gardner.

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:32 pm

Man, everyone is jumping ship on Will. I can't imagine how betrayed he'll feel when he finds out Alicia is leaving to start the new firm. I'm sure he'll realize that a big part of it is her distancing herself from him since she's so conflicted AGAIN about him and Peter. I have and probably always will find er and Peter's dynamics way more interesting than anything between her and Will. I love seeing her and Will as colleagues, but they have absolutely no heat as a couple. I wish the Kings would give Cary and Kalinda a legit go instead of harping on the love triangle. Alicia needs to choose someone and stick with him already. Nobody handles a triangle as well as this show does, but it still gets stale no matter what.

OTOH, we've gotten tidbits about Cary and Kalinda every single season but no major commitment from the showrunners yet about if it's going anywhere. Kalinda has a new love interest every year while Cary just sits around basically waiting for her to pay him some attention. I'm still reeling from the fact that they've slept together though I'm feeling as gypped as I am intrigued by the fact that their hook-up wasn't explocitly stated or shown. What I'm wondering is how the other fourth years know Cary slept with her. It was handled so subtly that it seems there would have been no reason for anyone to suspect it happened.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:54 pm

Alicia makes me crazy the way she leads on Will. He has only confessed his love to her about ten times and she has only left him for her husband another fourteen, so sure, make really sure he is thinking about having sex with you, Alicia. That's fair.

Diane has been killing it, and I am always happy to see Ellspeth except I really want to know if she ever agreed to that date with Kyle MacLachlan's character because they would be my favorite couple. The show has got Kalinda in a pretty boring spot so far this season, but I'm hoping that now that the associates are actually leaving, she will have more to do besides just dither over her torn loyalties. Somebody called next week's episode their Red Wedding!! FINALLY, things will be in the open.

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarryfan Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:43 pm

I love Gary Cole's character, I love that they got married, and I cannot wait to see who Colin Sweeney chooses as his new lawyers.

Snarryfan

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:36 am

WHY DID YOU TRUST KALINDA, CARY, WHY? YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER THAN THAT. (If I were a shipper, I would say he was blinded by his love for her.)

I loved, loved, Governor-elect Big in this episode. By the way, here are my thoughts on the taxation of online revenue. But I could be swayed, if you choose my wife's firm.* Eli didn't have very much to do, but Alan Cumming gave some of the best reaction shots.

Kinda felt bad for Will, but I was rooting too hard for Alicia.

Coming up: urgh, more "sexy Grace" storyline. And some other stuff that looks better. Nathan Lane will be back!

*Oh em gee, would I love to watch the fallout if something like this happened for real in my state. (Though as far as governors go, "I made a comment that swayed a CEO" can't really beat "I got caught on tape trying to sell the president-elect's senate seat.") Though as much as I love all the nods to realism, I'd rather not watch my state's pension woes on a show that's normally a ton of fun.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarryfan Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:58 am

I love Peter and Alicia going scorched earth. Her going to a judge burned by Will's ethics investigation and he yanking the judgeship potentially away from Diane. I can only hope she takes her time signing that exit package.

Snarryfan

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:16 pm

Everything was so good! Josh Charles was excellent in the scene where he first confronts Alicia. I thought I knew the notes he/the script would hit, but I was surprised. Also loved Cary scoffing at Diane's claims that this was a betrayal or that he owed her or Lockhart Gardner something, although I was surprised Cary was so clumsy in that conversation, dropping so much valuable info. I hope Cary has more to do. (OMG, if Nathan Lane joins Florrick Agos, it is a dream come true.)

I don't care about Alicia's love life, but it is oddly sweet that Peter is willing to be so blatantly unethical for her without her even asking. He couldn't have been more obvious if he went on TV wearing a Florrick Agos T-shirt.

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:08 am

Damn, Peter goes HARD for his family. I would think everyone on the show would know that by now, but then I remember that the audience is privvy to all that he does while Will and all of Peter's enemies see isolated incidents of how ruthless he can be. I felt bad for Eli promising Diane that personal matters wouldn't interfere with her SC appointment and then his face kinda fell when Peter ordered him to make a list of substitute appointees.

Josh Charles well and truly killed me in the first 10 minutes. He looked absolutely flabbergasted and then utterly devastated by Diane's revelation about Alicia leaving. I just kept thinking how horrible it is that he's so obviously in love with Alicia, and now he feels like he's been stabbed in the back by her. (Not to mention Diane recently bitchslapped teir friendship with her interview.) He looked on the brink of an aneurysm by the time he confronted Alicia in her office. I'm so torn and yet titillated by all the fallout cuz I love Lockhart/Gardner, but Florrick/Agos is the little startup that could! Honestly, I root for Cary's stake in the new firm more than Alicia's cuz I can't help but be constantly annoyed by Alicia and her habit of being shocked when someone, even Will, does something she considers underganded. At this point, she's screwed over her ex-boyfriend who has done so much for her so I hope she realizes that he has blood on her hands, too. She can justify it any way she wants, but she knows if she were in Will's place, she would be as shocked and hurt and pissed off as he now is. She can be as sneaky as any other attorney out there, and she can't pretend anymore that that isn't true.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:39 pm

Kalinda and Cary had interaction! Cute interaction and they were all sweet and smiley with each other at the end. Yay!

I liked the court room battle, but I think my disbelief reached the end of the it's suspension with them allowing the two trials to go on simultaneously. That was whack.

And the stuff with Peter - oy. I hate that Liar McPantsonfire and Sir Flouncealot are the two romantic options Alicia's given. I wish there was a third, better option. Because I want her done with the both of them.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:56 am

I am thoroughly enjoying all the Will/Josh Charles fangirl flounces across the interwebs. Hilarious.

This season has been so stellar for me since Willicia has been OVER, it's been wonderful, and I loved that this episode focused on his relationships with Kalinda/Diane over that one. It was still nice they had a moment of detente before his will we ever know if he's guilty client put a cap in his ass. I have to admit it surprised me even though I heard some speculation in that direction I didn't think they had the stones. Good job Kings, it was effective and affecting.

Also Cary/Kalinda is a THING that is happened on screen, even. I deserved that dammit.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:10 am

Whaaaaaat. whyyyyyyy. This is not a show that kills people. Also, how in the hell did they keep "Josh Charles is leaving 'cause his character's DEAD" under wraps? That's impressive.

I had other ideas about this episode but they are pretty much gone. Um, Alicia was pretty amazing & kickass in her deposition, and that was one of the moments that shows just how far she's come.

So Kalinda is not only finally "seeing" Cary, the boss who was arguing "of course you don't want to leave this job" got killed doing the job. Yipes. Well, not on Cary Argos, she's definitely dealt with worse.

I cannot wait for the rest of the season.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:23 am

Apparently, Josh asked a year ago to love the show.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:20 am

That was effing CRAZY. I didn't see it coming and I'm so happy I hadn't been on Twitter or Tumblr between the East and West coast feeds because I was watching it late and hadn't been spoiled and it was a punch to the gut. And I don't even like Will! But it was shocking and I was crying and in retrospect those were great final moments with Alicia, Kalinda and Diane.

I haven't been that shocked by a character death in quite some time. The problem with things like The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones is that half of you is always waiting for your favorite characters to be felled. You're not expecting it with The Good Wife. Just completely in shock still.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:51 am

Why did I open this thread aaah spoiled...
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  snorf Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:03 am

I caught my first episode last week (the one where half the office leaves the firm to start their own firm) and was so impressed with the pacing that we decided to start from the begining. Of course, my FB newsfeed exploded with last nights episode, so I'm spoiled for the end, but not anything that comes before it (other than the basic premise. ) A rather unique situation I find myself in.

snorf

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarryfan Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:38 am

So, some 12 hours after watching I am still stuck in "why kill Will die?!" mode. Part of me thinks the show is brilliant for uprooting everything we have known, and part of me is "Noooooo" I am happy that Dylan Baker is coming back. I need some Colin Sweeney back.

Snarryfan

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:00 pm

#FreeCaryAgos

Well, that was a hell of a start to the season. The first ten minutes of Cary getting arrested and detained and thrown in holding, never getting his phone call, not knowing why he was arrested was all so intense. And I in no way believe that Cary facilitated heroin running so I'd like to see what's happening here and what the supposed taped evidence is. I do like that Kalinda's first instinct was to help him and that everything else is thrown by the wayside as Florrick Agos rallies to his side.

I don't understand why Diane told David Lee and Louis Canning that she was retiring. I feel like she has something else up her sleeve, because she had to have known that even asking them for a dignified exit wouldn't be something they'd honour. They don't have any.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:30 pm

I wonder if Cary danced on the edge of being illegal, but didn't actually cross it. Wasn't there a scene last season where he met with Bishop? I seem to recall something, and I wonder if they are referring back to that episode.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next