Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revenge

+39
Eris Rising
bosoxgirl
Raksha
VodouDoll
Gillian
curryalley
KaveDweller
killershrew
choubetcha
epudom
Luciano
QueenSix
jstilwe
Case
Heather
Raised by wolves
bbridges
truecrystal
Jessica
Gilraen
biakbiak
josie
Auroura76
Ji Xiang
dreago
maxell131313
laurelin_kit
jensa
Poubelle
Queen Esther
queenofdenile
mokey75
katesti
big chicken
bookworm
blixie
Kiran
alexdegenhardt
Jasmine
43 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Revenge     - Page 4 Empty Re: Revenge

Post  bookworm Thu May 31, 2012 11:10 am

Oh, it gets better!
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  jstilwe Thu May 31, 2012 1:49 pm

Are the first 16 episodes available anywhere online? I can get the last 6 from my video on demand service, but I'm hoping to be able to start from the beginning.

jstilwe

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Thu May 31, 2012 2:51 pm

Hulu Plus?
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Thu May 31, 2012 4:23 pm

Revenge started here last Monday. This show is so deliciously bitchy and conniving and luxurious that I was immediately hooked! Madeleine Stowe and Emily Vancamp are fantastic.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Luciano Thu May 31, 2012 6:24 pm

bookworm wrote:Oh, it gets better!

Seriously! 'Keep up'? It started off relatively grounded compared to what was to come! Emily turned into a damn Batman villain.

I read the Revenge Fug the Show on GFY yesterday and agree with Jessica - something happened in the last couple of weeks that made Nolan really, really crushworthy in addition to just being an all-around great character.

Luciano

Back to top Go down

Post  epudom Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:14 pm

QueenSix wrote:Revenge started here last Monday. This show is so deliciously bitchy and conniving and luxurious that I was immediately hooked! Madeleine Stowe and Emily Vancamp are fantastic.

Just catching up on the first two episodes, and I love it already. Such drama! So many secrets! Evil Madeleine Stowe! Vengeful Emily Vancamp!
epudom
epudom

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:42 pm

I just watched the last 4-5 episodes of the season and enjoyed them except for Daniel's rapid change of heart with the family. It's probably not worth nitpicking a show like this, though. Also, I can't believe Ashley is still hanging around! I feel like she's terrible at being nefarious.

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  killershrew Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:44 am

My friends and I need something new to watch on Sundays since "Desperate Housewives" went off the air. It looks like "Revenge" will have that time slot, but none of us have seen any of the first season episodes. It also doesn't look like Season 1 will be available on DVD before the second season starts. If we started watching with Season 2, how confused would we be?
killershrew
killershrew

Back to top Go down

Post  KaveDweller Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:43 pm

It would be really hard to jump in starting with Season 2.....I think the episodes are on Hulu and iTunes, I would recommend checking them out there.

KaveDweller

Back to top Go down

Post  killershrew Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:19 am

Thanks, I'll look. I'm just too cheap to pay to watch them, but perhaps I just need to get over myself.
killershrew
killershrew

Back to top Go down

Post  KaveDweller Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:07 pm

I think Hulu is free, at least it was free to watch the episodes during the season.

KaveDweller

Back to top Go down

Post  killershrew Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:34 pm

It looks like the last 3-4 episodes are free, the rest are only visible through Hulu Plus (paid).
killershrew
killershrew

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:44 pm

Honestly I would get Hulu Plus free for a month, mainline them, and cancel.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  curryalley Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:33 pm

I just finished my own season one marthon now that the show is on Netflix. So good. SO GOOD. It's juicy and fun and full of drama and I love it like candy. But of COURSE,
Spoiler:

curryalley

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:40 pm

REVENNNNNNGE! I mainlined this over the past week, and I'm so glad I did. I'm glad I only have to wait a couple of weeks for a new episode and not the whole entire summer. I have so many thoughts, but they're all jumbled in my head because that's what happens when you watch eight episodes of something in two days. This is what sticks:

• Victoria is amazing. I'm rooting for Emily to destroy her in the end, but I root for Victoria against everybody else. She is the worst mother EVER, and still. I root. I kind of wish she had gotten to blow up Lydia straight-up instead of just indirectly causing Lydia to get blown up.
  • Not a huge fan of Daniel's sudden personality shift into megadouche. I liked how decent he was despite having the worst parents ever, even though I did think it was hilarious how every week a different parent was Dead To Him. I thought he joined Team Conrad so quickly because he was going to spy and turn over evidence and stuff, but the last two episodes kind of killed that hope. It may have seemed extra jarring because I watched all the episodes one right after the other, but I hope there's more to him next season. Especially since Conrad tried (BUT DID NOT SUCCEED!) to blow up Victoria.
  • I have no use for Ashley. I feel like a Daniel/Ashley hook-up is inevitable, but bleh. She's bitch, but she's a whiny one, not a fun one. The only interesting thing she did all season was leak the photos of Daniel after the shooting. I don't know why she's working for Grayson Global. You'd think she'd want to get away from that sinking ship as fast as possible. Surely there are other rich people out there who liked what they saw on TV and would offer her a job.
  • Last, and most importantly, Nolan 4ever. I LOVE him. I'm so glad he exists.
As for the finale, Emily's mom being alive was predictable, and Fauxmanda's pregnancy is cringe-worthy. She's too pregnant for them to go for the typical fall down the stairs and miscarry route. I'm not invested in Jack/Emily at all and therefore don't really care what happens there, but pregnancies as obstacles are so damn tedious.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  VodouDoll Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:24 am

The way Emily chirped, "I'm just so glad you're alive!" was priceless. I rewound it three times.

Conrad is a sociopath. I don't blame Drunk!Daniel a bit for keeping his money far away from Grayson Global.

I hope Nolan gets to stay Em's roommate all season.

VodouDoll

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:33 am

VodouDoll wrote:The way Emily chirped, "I'm just so glad you're alive!" was priceless. I rewound it three times.

I had to pause that part because I was laughing so hard! Whenever Emily barely manages to conceal her seething hatred of the Graysons, it gives me joy.

I hope Nolan gets to stay Em's roommate all season.

Me too! Their screwed up friendship is one of my favorite things on all of TV at the moment. I really hope she gives up snarking at him to get his own place in a few episodes and just accepts it that they are exponentially more awesome whenever they're in close proximity.

I'm so happy that this show is back. It's so unapologetically melodramatic, what with the Japanese Revenge Bootcamp and all, and I love it for that. I love that Emily's been staying in touch with Charlotte and I hope she seduces her over to Team Revenge and turns her into her bratty little protege.

I don't feel sorry for Daniel. He's a wishy washy prat.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  VodouDoll Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:56 am

Raksha wrote:the Japanese Revenge Bootcamp

Yes, what was that? It was awesome! Who knew that Japan is teeming with revenge mentors who will be happy to train you in revennnnnge and get super-invested in whether or not you follow through? I assume the Austrailian guy was another revenge mentee or, like, a revenge camp counselor?

I don't feel sorry for Daniel. He's a wishy washy prat.

Have you noticed that he never closes his mouth? Now I can't unsee it. Every scene it's just hanging open catching flies.

VodouDoll

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:13 am

I swear, the men on this show are dumb as bricks. I'm surprised Daniel doesn't drool on himself when he tries to think too hard. And now Declan is helping the new guy either hock stolen gems or he's being set up because he's that stupid. Nolan and new hot Aussie sensei protege seem to be the only men I don't want to slap.

That said, I'm still hopelessly addicted to this show. To quote Fauxmanda, "The bitch is back!" Bring on the fireworks!
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:51 pm

I feel kind of sorry for Josh Bowman. How sick does he get of saying some variation of "This is the worst thing you have ever done!" to whichever parent is supposed to be worse that week? I don't feel too sorry for him, though, because I repeat myself all the time at my job for what I assume is way less money. I'm still impressed with his accent though. I would never have known he was a Brit if I hadn't randomly seen him on E! one time.

If Emily's not going to ride off into the sunset with Nolan, I vote for a hook-up with hot random Aussie. Until he gets enough lines to prove he's as dumb as Daniel and Jack.

I am impatiently awaiting Ashley's death. That girl drives me bonkers, what with her being the absolute worst and all. While I'm hating on the ladies, I'll also go ahead and say that I'm already wondering what's up with Nolan's new CFO girl. I hope Nolan knows enough by now to know to TRUST NO ONE.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:06 pm

maxell131313 wrote:I swear, the men on this show are dumb as bricks. I'm surprised Daniel doesn't drool on himself when he tries to think too hard.

INORITE!! Dumb as a box of hair, that one. When I was watching this episode I actually said out loud "I really hope you're the dead body on the wreck of the Amanda that they showed in the season premier." And then my cat blinked her eyes very slowly, which I'm taking to mean that she agrees. I felt a little bad about that when he turned around and gave his sister all his money, but still. Too dumb to live.

It's probably too much to hope that Declan has learned not to trust Poor Little Rich Kids and takes to stashing the stolen goods he's "holding" somewhere that can't be traced back to him. I know, he'll probably put it in his sock drawer or something and Emily will have to get her Revenge on for Jack's sake and get him out of jail somehow.

Gillian wrote:While I'm hating on the ladies, I'll also go ahead and say that I'm already wondering what's up with Nolan's new CFO girl. I hope Nolan knows enough by now to know to TRUST NO ONE.

Emily/Nolan are my platonic OTP (although I wouldn't object to them eventually riding off into the sunset together, as you said), so as long as CFO girl (Padma?) doesn't come between them, she can stay. She's got moxie!

In other news, I'm devastated that Charlotte isn't moving into Revenge Manor. I really wanted Emily, Nolan, and Charlotte to form a fucked up pseudo-family whose badassery subconsciously terrifies all who lay eyes upon them. Still, the season's just started, so there's time yet.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  bosoxgirl Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:38 am

And now Declan is helping the new guy either hock stolen gems or he's being set up because he's that stupid.

I rolled my eyes so hard at Declan agreeing to that. A poor kid holding an obscenely expensive piece of stolen jewelry? That will in no way come back and bite you in the ass, Declan.

bosoxgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:00 am

Boo! My TiVo cut off the last minute or so--what did her mom say in the voicemail Emily was about to listen to? Did anything else happen?

Japanese Revenge Bootcamp Ex-Paramour was really annoying* and watching Emily smash a wine bottle into his head was most satisfying. Also, I love that Nolan's (also annoying, but in a different way) new CFO concluded that he and Emily are lovers. That's going to lead to entertaining places.

Declan was not only dumb enough to get caught up the "jewelry heist for tuition money" scheme (jeez, wait until you've filled out FAFSA and see what your EFC is gonna be, maybe?), but to bring his damn ID to the heist AND LOSE IT. That's so stupid it's impressive.

Also, it's nice to see that Daniel finally started growing himself a ball or two.

*his behavior in the first scene was a total textbook example of mansplaining
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:48 am

Boo! My TiVo cut off the last minute or so--what did her mom say in the voicemail Emily was about to listen to? Did anything else happen?
The message was to the white haired man. She told him she was hoping he would come back but she was preparing to close everything down and disappear per their prearranged plan. She ended it with "I love you." So basically it let us know why he didn't kill her as he should have and gives Emanda a short time-frame for finding mom through the clues she currently has. (I wonder if they wrote it that way so they could either have Emanda find Mom in the first few episodes or have it be a longer arc depending on JJL's availability.)

I love this stupid show so much.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:57 am

Oooooh, thank you!

I hope, no matter what her availability, it isn't TOO drawn out. It's been all over the place that she's her mom, so if the show wanted the suspense/mystery aspect that's not gonna work.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum