Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psychotic Fans

+117
emrie
maxell131313
naughty zoot
CindyMc
Mulva
Snarker
DaenarysQueenoftheYumYums
chibimanda
Sheli
LadyGayle
Raised by wolves
Nerg
Tabby
katbeth
SarahJanet
Gallifrey Girl
Carrie Ann
Jessica
eco
mokey75
punkysdilemma
greensock
Swarley
mayram
BloozyTunes
Lis
Matinee
Never Enough
oxymoron
Lily Rose
Jude
vwlphb
Skyblade
Melk
Gillian
Arabella
xyzzy
Dachelle
easybreezy
dionneshea
Escape
mandalaya
Grainne Mhaol
The Dude
VictorLaszlo
puddingcup
nazlan
Agent Sculder
salamandersam
Red Wolf
Kookla
Bob Genghis Khan
Renny Sue
Corvus
Wildog27
Coneycat
Menshevixen
dinahmoe
darthtall
sen3
mozzarella
slmader
Charishawk
Jasmine
queenofdenile
QueenSix
Decca
allochthonous
TiffanyNichelle
punzy
Binky
MtOlivePickles
Cutebutpsycho
Morning Angel
ulkis
Pop'n'Fresh
katha
Kiran
Eris Rising
bookworm
Miss Moneypenny
preciosa
gannetguts
Scarlettfish
ActonBell
Luthien
inversed
Raksha
year of the cat
Unlucky Bear
particle_person
VodouDoll
demgirl
bbridges
curryalley
sagitare
YanaMei
laddical
mrinsouciance
NewYorkStranger
dreago
PrincessCleo
The Glen
blixie
Instant Monkeys
biakbiak
whatthedeuce
Cynara
SelfAmused
Esseilte
Rhilin
swsa
Putli Bai
blooey
big chicken
Poubelle
Gilraen
121 posters

Page 4 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 33  Next

Go down

Psychotic Fans - Page 4 Empty Re: Psychotic Fans

Post  Binky Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:17 am

I had a job where it was nearly impossible not to spend at least 18 hours a day with a small number of colleagues, and after about 3 days...it doesn't matter how well you get along, it's enough. I think that's why there's so often such extreme polarity: stars either hate each other or are dating. Or potentially both. Because that much time together, something's going to give.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:06 pm

Fandom March Madness is happening again this year. Always a source of psychosis of both the fun and wanky kind!
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:21 pm

Miss Moneypenny wrote:Fandom March Madness is happening again this year. Always a source of psychosis of both the fun and wanky kind!

I wasn't signed in, scrolled the votes and comments, and almost became tempted to start cheering sides on. That's some fandom crack, right there.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  MtOlivePickles Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:46 pm

I am genuinely surprised that Loki isn't leading for the Avengers votes. As soon as I saw they were up for nominees this time, I swore I would burn down that community if Loki got the nomination.

On the other hand, I welcome the new gifs that I will surely gain from these posts.

MtOlivePickles

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:54 pm

MtOlivePickles wrote:I am genuinely surprised that Loki isn't leading for the Avengers votes. As soon as I saw they were up for nominees this time, I swore I would burn down that community if Loki got the nomination.

On the other hand, I welcome the new gifs that I will surely gain from these posts.

Loki fangirls are loud, but Tony Stark probably has movie, comic, and RDJ fans pulling for him. (Thank the lord, because, yes, Hiddleston fans are TERRIFYING.)

I'm a little surprised to see Watson leading Sherlock. That fandom, along with Glee, is the one I predict the most insanity from.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:11 pm

Hiddelston is one of those actors I like, but his fans frighten the shit out of me.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  PrincessCleo Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:26 pm

Well, bear in mind that some of the shine came off after they discovered Hiddleston's married. To a woman.
PrincessCleo
PrincessCleo
Admin

http://http;//cleolinda.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:27 pm

That was such a betrayal, wasn't it?

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:28 pm

How dare he. That bastard. He lied to them.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  PrincessCleo Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:32 pm

Honestly, I don't think I'll ever get over how amazing that was. HOW DARE HE JUST LET US ASSUME HE WAS GAY AND GO AROUND BEING HAPPY?!?!
PrincessCleo
PrincessCleo
Admin

http://http;//cleolinda.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:40 pm

I used to like going on his tumblr tag after that. A lot of slut shaming cause she modeled underwear, or I DON'T KNOW HER ENOUGH TO KNOW IF SHES GOOD WITH TOM. Yes because you know him so much better then his wife. You crazy ass lady on the internet who has seen him in one film and first heard of him in May.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Luthien Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:55 am

scrolled the votes and comments, and almost became tempted to start cheering sides on

I did the same; it's like you can't look away. Though I'm quite surprised by some of the votes at the moment: Donna Noble leading everyone by quite a margin in Doctor Who? Comments hating on the Eleventh Doctor and Sherlock? Tony Stark ahead of Loki? Zoe beating everyone else in the Firefly poll? Snow White over Rumplestiltskin in the Once Upon a Time poll? It's like I woke up in Bizarro Fandom. You expect the internet to behave a certain way, and then it surprises you. (If Donna wins the DW poll, it'll be awesome).

Luthien

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:53 am

Every time I see the name Tony Stark, I keep thinking he's one of the Starks of Winterfell which I know is not the case.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:01 pm

Luthien wrote:
scrolled the votes and comments, and almost became tempted to start cheering sides on

I did the same; it's like you can't look away. Though I'm quite surprised by some of the votes at the moment: Donna Noble leading everyone by quite a margin in Doctor Who? Comments hating on the Eleventh Doctor and Sherlock? Tony Stark ahead of Loki? Zoe beating everyone else in the Firefly poll? Snow White over Rumplestiltskin in the Once Upon a Time poll? It's like I woke up in Bizarro Fandom. You expect the internet to behave a certain way, and then it surprises you. (If Donna wins the DW poll, it'll be awesome).

This is like the 4th or 5th year of the poll, I think? So I wonder if people are making an effort to vote for characters who haven't won in prior years. Plus I know there have been complaints before that all the women got voted out in the first or second round, so it's possible that people are voting up women.

Sometimes I wish I understood what drove the voting a little better. I'm not really in any of the fandoms represented (except Avengers, a little bit, and that one hasn't even really gotten going yet) so every year I'm like, "Oh, is it fandom March madness time again?" And I think I'll just casually watch it happen.

Then, a week and a half later, I'm like, "IF [X] WINS I WILL BURN THIS INTERNET DOWN."
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:35 pm

I basically throw my votes away. If it's a show that I watch I know who will get the biggest votes so I vote for anyone but that person even if I like them.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:53 pm

Kiran wrote:Hiddelston is one of those actors I like, but his fans frighten the shit out of me.

It's like the BC and BBC!Sherlock fans on Tumblr. I stopped searching that tag because there was a certain point where I got sick of the ourobros of wank.

I'm not even bothering to look at the Hiddleston tag, even though he's won points for his liking Heavy D and the Boys.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:10 pm

He seems like a lovely man. His fans make BC's look sane at times though.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  allochthonous Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:58 pm

Is there a common denominator to these actors that acquire such batshit fans? They tend to be slightly niche, not conventionally handsome and... what? Hiddleston and Cumberbatch (anyone else?) both seem like nice chaps, but don't as far as I know interact with the fandom much or bait the crazy a la Misha Collins. Or is it a different kind of batshittery coming out of the rise of tumblr? /fanthropology

Aaand I just dug up secret wife wank, and I forgot what a thing of beauty it was. Gems include I have a problem with people presenting themselves as available when they’re not (mainly because I have huge fucking personal issues with cheating and adultery). Yep, his failure to reveal every aspect of his personal life=adultery.
allochthonous
allochthonous

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:13 pm

Also is it failure to reveal if hes been in one big movie and no one really gives a shit about him? Its like the Jewnicorn people who insist Andrew Garfield is famewhoring with Emma Stone because no one papped their old relationships. Because they weren't that famous back then and they were dating the girl from Raising Hope and an errant Culkin.

I mean they may be famewhoring and he may be secretive but at the end of the day no one cared before.

I think their fangirls like them because they have nice accents, seem like good actors, and aren't super handsome in any conventional sense so they can project that they'd be able to get with them.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:14 pm

allochthonous wrote:Is there a common denominator to these actors that acquire such batshit fans? They tend to be slightly niche, not conventionally handsome and... what?

BRITISH! Seriously, something about that accent just stokes The Crazy.

Or is it a different kind of batshittery coming out of the rise of tumblr? /fanthropology

I think it's the same batshittery, but disseminated at a faster rate and in an infinite loop, thus making it look that much more terrifying.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

Back to top Go down

Post  Decca Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:28 pm

I think there's something about smaller niche performers being more accessible -- if only a few people know about your favorite actor, it sort of feels like he belongs to you. Extra points if they're not from your country. It's like his fans are all in a club that only cool or enlightened people have access too. Brad Pitt fans can't do that, because Brad Pitt belongs to everybody.

Decca

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:44 pm

Thats very true. I think even George Clooney says that when he is around Brad Pitt fans approach them and towards him they act like they know him, because he was on tv every week for years, whereas Brad Pitt is talked about in hushed tones because he is a movie star.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:33 pm

Kiran wrote:
I think their fangirls like them because they have nice accents, seem like good actors, and aren't super handsome in any conventional sense so they can project that they'd be able to get with them.

Yes, yes, yes. I came out of Thor going mmmm that guy playing Thor, wow! But fandom came out going, drool that guy playing the dude with daddy issues. LOL.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:38 pm

Right? I mean I thought he was attractive and a very good actor, and very charming (who doesn't love a man that is wowed by Chilis), but the frenzy that surrounds him is odd when you consider Chris Hemsworth was in that movie. Also I really enjoyed Loki but the fangirls who whine when every single trailer isn't about Loki need to go sit down.

I also think part of the freak out is because he is married to a very conventionally beautiful woman.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:21 pm

Kiran wrote:Right? I mean I thought he was attractive and a very good actor, and very charming (who doesn't love a man that is wowed by Chilis), but the frenzy that surrounds him is odd when you consider Chris Hemsworth was in that movie. Also I really enjoyed Loki but the fangirls who whine when every single trailer isn't about Loki need to go sit down.

It is absolutely hilarious to me to hear complaints about not enough Loki in a movie that features Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr., Jeremy Renner, Mark Ruffalo, and Scarlett Johansson. I feel like they should be happy he's in the movie at all and it isn't just two hours of all those other hot people playing beach volleyball, because I'm pretty sure that could also easily make $100 million.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 33  Next