Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parks and Recreation

+53
emrie
Heather
Bad Username
laddical
katesti
Author By Night
Muggsy
Cutebutpsycho
swsa
VodouDoll
bosoxgirl
laurelin_kit
roseland
punkysdilemma
Kiran
Nerg
harvey the penguin
SarahJanet
schwa
dday515
puddingcup
naughty zoot
caerbannog
Rhilin
RiverThames
ActonBell
tiller
bbridges
SelfAmused
Shadowlass
sobe
Gallifrey Girl
queenofdenile
Morning Angel
Gilraen
mokey75
dionneshea
nikita
Shalamar
molliewollie
choubetcha
Auroura76
Jasmine
BreezyK
Matinee
Instant Monkeys
The Dude
Gillian
jcpdiesel21
Wilhelmina
biakbiak
bottle
Genevieve
57 posters

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Parks and Recreation - Page 5 Empty Re: Parks and Recreation

Post  Instant Monkeys Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:42 pm

Ahhh. That was terrific.

Tom's bowling technique cracked me up unreasonably. That is exactly how my sister used to bowl. And it is freakishly effective. She always beat everyone, when she was like, eight.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:56 pm

Ron's, "People can see you, son!" made me laugh and laugh and laugh.

I'm not really into Ben/Leslie. I love Ben and I no longer want to murder Leslie in her sleep, but I just don't enjoy the two of them together, so I really don't care about that. I did think Ben's interview with the police was hysterical.

I also enjoyed seeing April's human side come out with someone besides Andy and Ron.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:27 am

The first of my OMG one of my favorite sitcom characters was the plus one of a nominee at the SAGs, but did anyone else cackle with glee that Michael C. Hall's date was Ben Schwartz aka Jean Ralphio?
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  nikita Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:16 pm

biakbiak wrote:The first of my OMG one of my favorite sitcom characters was the plus one of a nominee at the SAGs, but did anyone else cackle with glee that Michael C. Hall's date was Ben Schwartz aka Jean Ralphio?

I may have squealed about it on Tumblr. They were in a movie together and did this (err...language and subject material NSFW), so I guess they're friends but it was still hilarious to see Jean-Ralphio just chillin' at the Dexter table.

nikita

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmine Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:04 am

dionneshea wrote:Ron's, "People can see you, son!" made me laugh and laugh and laugh.

My God I know.

Jasmine

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowlass Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:37 pm

Hmm. Retta asked via Twitter that fans watch live tonight rather than DVRing the episode, to increase the chances of renewal.

Shadowlass

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:19 pm

That's really upsetting, Shadowlass, because this show is my happy place. My husband was telling me a few weeks ago that he read/heard that the studios are throwing money at comedians like Chelsea Handler and Whitney Whasherface to make crappy sitcoms, which is really bad news for shows like P&R.
I loved that they continued the Galentine's day tradition. And I thought for sure the episode was going to end with Chris and Ann back together, so I was totally surprised by it being Tom. (And little squicked out, frankly, heh.)
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhilin Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:08 pm

Shadowlass wrote:Hmm. Retta asked via Twitter that fans watch live tonight rather than DVRing the episode, to increase the chances of renewal.

Oh man. I hope the show isn't in trouble. I can't watch when it airs because I have a late night class. I'll try to start watching at NBC's site instead of on DVR, at least.

And I loved tonight's episode. So happy to see Galentine's come back, love the whole scavenger hunt and how Leslie admitted it was actually incredibly hard, and loved Ron's love of puzzles. I really want to know what that first five-letter word was, though.

Rhilin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowlass Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:46 pm

It scares me too, because P&R is like half an hour of sunshine and happiness in sitcom form. I put both my TVs on Parks and Rec to maximize the effect.

According to TV by the Numbers, the ratings for Parks and Rec increased last night, while all of NBC's other shows' ratings declined. This happened a week or two ago, too.

Shadowlass

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:51 pm

I loved that they continued the Galentine's day tradition. And I thought for sure the episode was going to end with Chris and Ann back together, so I was totally surprised by it being Tom. (And little squicked out, frankly, heh.)

I wasn't as squicked out as I would have been in the past, because I thought they were very cute together when they were bowling last week.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Auroura76 Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:30 am

I also think that beneath all that swagger (like, 20,000 leagues deep), Tom is not actually a douche and is sweet. I mean, I thought he was super cute with Lucy. I don't quite see it with Anne, but... I don't know, I am horribly biased. Major Aziz love here.

I am pretending it was April 1 yesterday, and that it's Retta's favorite holiday. Because otherwise, I just can't.

Auroura76

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmine Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:58 am

I think it only matters if you're a Nielsen family -- if not, it doesn't matter if you're watching live, though if you watch through Tivo/DVR, I think they do see those numbers.

Tom is secretly kind of sweet, he was so nice to Lucy, and to his wife when he admitted that he loved her.

I love everything about Ron and Ben and the scavenger hunt. Every single thing. Especially Ron at the end.

Jasmine

Back to top Go down

Post  caerbannog Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:51 am

When I read the posts about renewal worries, I just went "Noooooooo!" à la Tom Haverford. Only a horrible, horrible person could cancel this show.

Also, I really want the waffle and syrup necklace that Ben gave Leslie for Valentine's day.

caerbannog

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowlass Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:16 pm

I think it only matters if you're a Nielsen family -- if not, it doesn't matter if you're watching live, though if you watch through Tivo/DVR, I think they do see those numbers.

According to Retta, watching live matters if you have digital cable, even if you're not a Nielsen family.

Shadowlass

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:34 pm

biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:05 pm

Double Posting for three things that cheered my up despite there being no episode last night.

Clear Eyes, Full Parks, Can't Lose!, the title of next weeks show is Dave Returns!, and Bradley Whitford will be guest starring in an upcoming episode.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilhelmina Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:04 am

Last night, I read about Brad Whitford, too and squeed for a looong time as I am a hardcore West Wing fan girl.
Spoiler:
Wilhelmina
Wilhelmina

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:43 am

Interesting about Bradley Whitford. From Rob Lowe's autobiography I got the impression that there wasn't a lot of love lost between them.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  sobe Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:49 pm

I'm disappointed that April did not succeed in breaking up Tom and Ann. Kill it with fire.

sobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilhelmina Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:22 pm

I know! Why is Ann putting up with him? I don't get it. The rest of the episode was awesome, though. The gleeful look on Ron's face when Leslie tried to return the signs! To Signtology! (IIRC.) I also just loved Champion reacting to Andy's singing. I like what they're doing with Chris (and that is totally coloured by how I feel about Rob Lowe. Teehee.) I wonder if/when he and Ann will get back together so he has to do away with his rule.
Wilhelmina
Wilhelmina

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowlass Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:50 pm

I find Tom/Ann completely ridiculous, but both last week and this there has been a notable reaction shot of Chris during a "Tann" scene (oh, Tom), so I have to imagine it's leading up to Ann and Chris reconciling.

Shadowlass

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:57 am

I agree. Poor Tom. I thought he was good together with the bartender.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  dday515 Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:05 pm

I guess I'm in the minority (or maybe the single) of liking Tom and Ann? I can buy it - she see's a sweet guy, underneath all the swagger. For someone who's feeling a bit desperate, she's willing to put up with it. Its certainly not my OTP and I'll not be making a fan-site, but I buy it for now. Plus, I find it to be quite amusing. Not as amusing as Leslie's erroneous campaign sign, but still funny. (Seriously, as soon as I saw it, I almost fell out of my chair. Mrs. dday515 was like "It must be a computer joke.").

dday515

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:49 pm

Am I the only one who paused on the URL and tried to type it in?

Yes? OK then.

(It didn't work, AND when the sign-tologist was reading it out loud it was slightly different. Still hilarious.)
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Gilraen Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:02 pm

Instant Monkeys wrote:Am I the only one who paused on the URL and tried to type it in?

Yes? OK then.

(It didn't work, AND when the sign-tologist was reading it out loud it was slightly different. Still hilarious.)
I didn't but I was really curious if it'd work. NBC needs to get up a Leslie campaign site.

Gilraen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum