Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celebrity Dumb Quotes

+115
kanding
Kookla
eventide82
Sheli
themis
BrightEyes
draco vulgaris
Evil Evelyn
rat kitten
Pop'n'Fresh
Tabby
slmader
ariadne
Agent Sculder
Skyblade
Lis
jstilwe
pinguerin
Cynara
Melk
mandalaya
TiffanyNichelle
SarahJanet
Gillian
Coneycat
Snarryfan
laurelin_kit
Arabella
KaveDweller
dinahmoe
Corvus
jensa
Swarley
punkysdilemma
mayram
puddingcup
Raised by wolves
chick binewski
year of the cat
inversed
chibimanda
Wilhelmina
lisa
Unlucky Bear
Jordan Baker
katha
roseland
Heather
jaraga
Putli Bai
oxymoron
Menshevixen
easybreezy
Algae
big chicken
bbridges
salamandersam
Grainne Mhaol
Jessica
punzy
Francie Nolan
GoodbyeWithWords
Brainchild
Luthien
Lily Rose
Raksha
choubetcha
Never Enough
Decca
Rhilin
Jude
zip
Case
Instant Monkeys
curryalley
naughty zoot
katesti
Matinee
Escape
mokey75
dreago
sagitare
LadyGayle
jcpdiesel21
mrinsouciance
Crowbridge
The Lady of Shalott
Morning Angel
swsa
Miss Moneypenny
ActonBell
QueenSix
Red Wolf
blooey
The Glen
Eris Rising
truecrystal
maxell131313
bookworm
Cutebutpsycho
Binky
The Dude
tothemax
blixie
Pontius Pilates
Poubelle
particle_person
biakbiak
Genevieve
whatthedeuce
queenofdenile
Kiran
PrincessCleo
Carrie Ann
laddical
119 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Celebrity Dumb Quotes - Page 13 Empty Re: Celebrity Dumb Quotes

Post  chick binewski Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:43 pm

I always hated the fact Buttercup went & married him. There was an interview years ago where the writer pointed out Penn had a separate building on their home property that was only for HIM and the wife & kids knew to NOT ENTER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES because he was such a complicated & tragic individual who needed "me" time.

My friends give me a hard time about celebrities needing to pass my personal morality test but gah - it just kills me when this guy gets accolades & standing ovations when he's obviously a douche at life. He's so twisted I even wondered if he was referring back to his divorce with Madonna. Like, 'I tied her up in an upholstered chair so she'd be comfortable! Why didn't she love me?!'
chick binewski
chick binewski

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:53 pm

I'd never looked into the details about the domestic abuse that he inflicted on Madonna. I had always assumed it was a one-time incident for some reason, and that he'd likely smacked her or shoved her against a wall. Neither of those things is excusable obviously, but finding out that what he really did was tie her up and beat her with a bat is just beyond me. What the actual fuck, dude? Is he in the mafia or something? Who does that? Someone oughta tie him up and bludgeon his ass and see how he likes it!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:51 pm

It's like Cris Brown: it's beyond the shadow of a reasonable doubt.

RDJ's advice in Tropic Thunder applies here too "Don't go full retard Sean. You really swung for the fences on that one!"

And I'm still pissed at him for I Am Sam.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:30 am

whatthedeuce wrote:I'd never looked into the details about the domestic abuse that he inflicted on Madonna. I had always assumed it was a one-time incident for some reason, and that he'd likely smacked her or shoved her against a wall. Neither of those things is excusable obviously, but finding out that what he really did was tie her up and beat her with a bat is just beyond me. What the actual fuck, dude? Is he in the mafia or something? Who does that? Someone oughta tie him up and bludgeon his ass and see how he likes it!
Are you shitting me? I didn't even know that.

What a fucking psycho.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:53 am

Dude, I had no idea until someone linked to a Tumblr that mentioned a bunch of celebs that abused their girlfriends or wives, and when I read the Sean Penn part, my jaw dropped. Total damn dick. I'm glad he and Robin Wright are over. May she be happy forever with someone who's not an asswipe.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:38 am

Sean Penn has never felt loved because he's one of those douchenozzles who love themselves so much that no one could ever love them as much as they love themselves. Nothing is good enough for those types. On top of that he's also a physical abuser. He's the worst kind of narcissist asshole.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:47 am

If he wants love so badly, he can just set up a house full of mirrors, and he'll get all the adoration he could ever hope for!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:26 am

Damn, I go for for about a decade able to appreciate him on-screen without thinking about what a horrible person he still is, and now this.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:30 am

chick binewski wrote:I always hated the fact Buttercup went & married him. There was an interview years ago where the writer pointed out Penn had a separate building on their home property that was only for HIM and the wife & kids knew to NOT ENTER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES because he was such a complicated & tragic individual who needed "me" time.
Never enter under any circumstances! No matter what you think you may have heard screamed over the whir of power tools and gun shots. Whatever smell emanating from the crawl space. This is my man cave!

I will just roll anytime he is touting a humanitarian cause or a big issue movie when it's coming from someone with such a clear lack of empathy.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:03 pm

Are you shitting me? I didn't even know that.

Yeah, I've always assumed the song/video for Human Nature is pretty explicitly about both that specific incident and their entire relationship.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:48 pm

Whoa. Yep, I'd guess so.

And this one is too, more obviously. (That's one of my favorite of her songs, actually.)

/me hugs Madonna
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  The Glen Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:59 pm

Sean Penn has never felt loved because he's one of those douchenozzles who love themselves so much that no one could ever love them as much as they love themselves. Nothing is good enough for those types. On top of that he's also a physical abuser. He's the worst kind of narcissist asshole.

Yup, and then they will somehow rationalise every bit of abuse they dish out because they can't bear to appear wrong to themselves. But without going as far as trying to better themselves or anything. The benefits of being an ass are far greater than the trouble it would take to work on themselves.

I will just roll anytime he is touting a humanitarian cause or a big issue movie when it's coming from someone with such a clear lack of empathy.
I bet the "humanitarian" stuff is him trying to convince himself and everyone else that he's really a good guy.

The Glen
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:21 pm

Yeah, I had a friend who was upset with me after I voiced a similar opinion regarding him (being an abuser, cheater, all around douche bag). I think she felt his art made up for all of that.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:26 pm

I feel pretty confident that his humanitarian gestures are primarily aimed at making a big show of what a great guy he is. At least he's found a way of being a giant narcissistic douche that also has good outcomes.

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:43 am

bookworm wrote:Yeah, I had a friend who was upset with me after I voiced a similar opinion regarding him (being an abuser, cheater, all around douche bag). I think she felt his art made up for all of that.
His art doesn't make up for All The King's Men, I Am Sam and The Interpreter.

He's in Bill Maher territory, I he's such a prick I almost hate when I agree with him.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:55 am

I truly believe that the only reason Sean Penn made The Interpreter was so that he could film himself standing at the podium at the UN.

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:44 pm

He's in Bill Maher territory, I he's such a prick I almost hate when I agree with him.

This made me laugh, because this is exactly how I feel about Bill Maher.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:56 pm

I've always thought Sean Penn to be a bit overrated actually. I can't think of a single film he's done that made me think "oh he's really good!" Even though he's been in some films that I've thought were good, I've never thought of him as being THE reason that was so.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:06 pm

I thought he was good in Mystic River, but it mostly felt like overacting honestly. I remember rolling my eyes at every damn nom he got that awards season.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:10 pm

I'm still bitter that Penn won over the much more subtle, quieter work Bill Murray did in Lost in Translation. Especially because performances like that are much harder to effectively pull off than DRAMATIC!AGONY!
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:13 pm

I adore dramatic agony when it's done by, say, Leo DiCaprio. Sean Penn was just so overwrought and heavyhanded, IMO.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:36 pm

Hee. Agreed on both counts. (Watching Bill Maher's Religulous was an exercise in "I agree with you and yet, I hate you for how you go about making your point. I would get why people who disagree with us would think we're all a bunch of asses based on your behaviour.")
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:33 pm

I think Carlito's Way is the best thing he ever did, showy sure, but he disappears in that role more than any other. He is a bag douche in every other conceivable way though.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mayram Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:05 pm

blixie wrote:I think Carlito's Way is the best thing he ever did, showy sure, but he disappears in that role more than any other. He is a bag douche in every other conceivable way though.

I've never seen Carlito's Way, but the fact that he doesn't disappear into roles has always been my problem with him. It's always "Sean Penn as [character]" to me when I watch him act.*

I keep seeing previews for that new gangster movie (the title of which is escaping me, but it has Josh Brolin looking awesome and Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone and some others) and it's like I'm almost sold on Sean Penn in that role, but it's just enough over the top to make me sit there and think about his acting choices rather than just watch him play the role.

*I have a similar problem with Angelina Jolie, but that's a topic for another thread.

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:42 pm

whatthedeuce wrote:I thought he was good in Mystic River, but it mostly felt like overacting honestly. I remember rolling my eyes at every damn nom he got that awards season.

The scene down by the river with Tim Robbins gave me chills, but they couldn't use that in the promos/clips because it would have given everything away. He was also really good in Milk, but he's a terrible, terrible person.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next