Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disney Movies

+57
Jude
emrie
Agent Sculder
particle_person
Wildog27
jaraga
Skyblade
TiffanyNichelle
Carrie Ann
vwlphb
dreago
Coneycat
Menshevixen
Matinee
rivki8699
Sincerity
Poubelle
SNeaker
mandalaya
katesti
Miss Moneypenny
Kookla
VodouDoll
Algae
Shalamar
Auroura76
bbridges
Maestro
jcpdiesel21
allochthonous
blixie
whatthedeuce
sagitare
Instant Monkeys
Scarlettfish
Crowbridge
Luthien
Unlucky Bear
big chicken
mokey75
inversed
MtOlivePickles
Putli Bai
tothemax
Gillian
Sheli
Kiran
Cutebutpsycho
SelfAmused
ulkis
boutros boutros kitty
Rhilin
laurelin_kit
queenofdenile
choubetcha
laddical
punzy
61 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

Disney Movies - Page 11 Empty Re: Disney Movies

Post  Shalamar Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:53 am

Right? Tom Hulce did a beautiful job with Quasi's songs. "Heaven's Light" is amazing.

When my daughter visited Paris on her own two years ago, I asked if she sang "The Bells of Notre Dame" (one of my favorite songs ever) under her breath. She said "Of course." :)
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:12 pm

whatthedeuce wrote:I watched The Hunchback of Notre Dame two days in a row on ABC Family, and damn, that movie is excellent! I feel like the songs are really beautiful and thoughtful and can totally imagine hearing them in an actual Broadway musical.

The musical version is debuting in San Francisco in a month or two. See the page before this one for details :)

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  vwlphb Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:07 am

I really believe Hunchback would be considered one of the Disney classics if not for the gargoyles. I'd love to see a version where they just snip all their scenes out. But overall, the score, the songs, the cinematography and animation, everything is amazing.

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:25 am

vwlphb wrote:I really believe Hunchback would be considered one of the Disney classics if not for the gargoyles. I'd love to see a version where they just snip all their scenes out. But overall, the score, the songs, the cinematography and animation, everything is amazing.

Agreed

whatthedeuce, your post made me look up what other Disney movies are gonna be on and Robin Hood is on today, woo! One of the more funny Disney movies, imo

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:14 pm

Sexy Frozen costumes, including Olaf.

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:58 pm

NOPE!
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:10 pm

The first Elsa outfit is not sexy at all. I mean none of them are but that one especially.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:45 pm

ulkis wrote:
whatthedeuce wrote:I watched The Hunchback of Notre Dame two days in a row on ABC Family, and damn, that movie is excellent! I feel like the songs are really beautiful and thoughtful and can totally imagine hearing them in an actual Broadway musical.

The musical version is debuting in San Francisco in a month or two. See the page before this one for details :)
Whaaat??? That is so awesome! I would love to drive up and catch that show soon!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:59 pm

It's actually at the La Jolla Playhouse in San Diego.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:27 pm

That's even closer and thus awesomer!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:54 am

laddical wrote:It's actually at the La Jolla Playhouse in San Diego.

:facepalm: whoops, that's what I meant. My east coast brain saw the "San" and just flew straight to "San Francisco"

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:15 pm

I swear to Betsy Sleeping Beauty is the most re-issued Disney film ever. Kinda tempted to get this version for the cover of Maleficent and Aurora instead of the usual Beauty, well, sleeping.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  vwlphb Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:31 pm

Big Hero 6 was so good! Disney Feature Animation has been on a roll in the past few years. I liked this even better than Tangled, Frozen, and Wreck-It Ralph.

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Post  katesti Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:30 pm

My Frozen-obsessed (and very mature) 3.5 year old (excuse me, she would correct me and explain that she is three and two thirds) has yet to see a movie in the theater and we've been thinking about taking her to Big Hero 6. Any insight on appropriateness for a small-but-mighty kiddo?

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:22 am

Hiro's brother dies off-screen in an explosion in the first act and Baymax diagnoses Hiro as going through puberty and is cut off just before he can mention pubic hair growth, but otherwise nothing in this movie seems much harder to deal with than Wreck-It Ralph or Frozen.

I liked it. Like all Marvel movies, it has a post-credits tag that was absolutely wonderful and pays off a brief sight gag earlier in the film.

One touch I really liked was how Honey Lemon insisted on pronouncing Hiro's name with a rolled R even though Hiro himself and everybody else uses a soft mid-western R. Like she's one of those Japanophile's who insists on watching only subtitled imported anime. She wasn't off-putting and she seemed to really like Hiro, she just chose to put these weird affected accents whenever she said anything vaguely Japanese.

The way Disney is marketing this movie is very interesting to me. They're counting it as the 54th Animated Feature from the studio, and as such it's a Disney movie first and foremost, even though it's an adaptation of an existing property. Which means Marvel gets no mention at all except for some credits at the end. And if you look at the figures that just came out for Disney Infinity, the Big Hero 6 characters are listed as "Disney Originals" instead of being part of the "Marvel Super Hero" line-up.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Algae Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:41 am

My 9 year old and I went to see it and both of us really enjoyed it. I made him stay for the after credits scene and he was glad I did. It hit a lot of great notes. More emotional than I was expecting.
Algae
Algae

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:24 pm

live action Cinderella? I dunno how I feel about this. Well, as long as there aren't any mice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20DF6U1HcGQ

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:39 pm

they're having Emma Watson play Belle in the live-action Beauty and the Beast Disney version? eeeeh. I guess she could be okay.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:53 am

I saw Maleficent last night. I thought that was pretty awful actually and cringing in every other scene from the cheesiness. Who knew Maleficent was lurking just outside the frame in every scene of Sleeping Beauty? And yeah, it's a Disney movie, it's supposed to be cheesy, but there's good cheesy and then there's bad cheesy, I found it the latter. Just not for me I guess.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:35 am

Brief review of the Hunchback musical

Spoiler:

Although it seems like they're treating it less as the movie turned into a stage musical and more the book turned into a stage musical with songs from the Disney movie, because it said in the playbill "based on the book by Victor Hugo with songs from the Disney movie".

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11