Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Commercials

+56
Coneycat
00redsvt
truecrystal
Never Enough
Binky
big chicken
Putli Bai
killershrew
Crackie
FiggyPudding
Carrie Ann
mialoubug
lil d
Shadowlass
Cynara
Tabby
The Lady of Shalott
Gilraen
Poubelle
Jessica
Heather
NewYorkStranger
xyzzy
biakbiak
Snarryfan
tothemax
bookworm
caltrask55
Rhilin
Wildog27
oxymoron
blixie
Instant Monkeys
punzy
Raksha
Nerg
laddical
maxell131313
laurelin_kit
inversed
mokey75
sen3
mrinsouciance
particle_person
Eris Rising
salamandersam
Raised by wolves
chibimanda
naughty zoot
philophobe
The Dude
whatthedeuce
nikita
jcpdiesel21
Lily Rose
Unlucky Bear
60 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Commercials - Page 3 Empty Re: Commercials

Post  Lily Rose Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:21 pm

Instant Monkeys wrote:Dear god, yes. Who thought that would be a good idea? Why? I don't even understand what the commercial is for. A sale?

I also may be in the minority, but I cannot STAND the piglet (CGI-cute though it is) who shrieks "WHEEEEEEEEE" solidly for 30 seconds in whatever commercial that is.
No, I hate that damn pig too. And while I'm bitching, any commercial where someone is knocked down or over? Is not going to make me buy your stuff. I'm thinking of the Snickers commercial with Roseanne where she's HIT BY A GIANT LOG. It's not funny, she would be severely injured.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhilin Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:07 am

Instant Monkeys wrote:Dear god, yes. Who thought that would be a good idea? Why? I don't even understand what the commercial is for. A sale?

The opposite of that, actually.

J.C. Penney is implementing a new pricing strategy, slashing prices up to 40% with to keep them that way year round. Not EDLP, this fair pricing strategy is designed to keep prices low on the basics shoppers look for frequently and introduce new merchandise on a routine schedule.

That commercial is horrible and confusing, though. What the hell?

PS: I hate that piglet commercial too. High pitched noises are okay once. ONCE. Not the bajillion and one times that commercial comes on. I may be in the opposite room, but I can still hear it.

Rhilin

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:31 pm

I heard my sister laughing at some commercial with a squealing pig yesterday and thought of y'all complaining about it here. It made me giggle inside!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:50 pm

I'm thinking of the Snickers commercial with Roseanne where she's HIT BY A GIANT LOG. It's not funny, she would be severely injured.

After buying into the premise that hunger turns you into Richard Lewis or Roseanne, a Three Stooges bit slapstick shouldn't be taken too seriously.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  caltrask55 Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:16 am

I love this Jackson Hewitt commercial for the guy in the blue shirt alone. I crack up every single time I see it.

caltrask55

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:39 am

Blue Shirt Guy is great.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:39 pm

I think my favorite Super Bowl commercial was the one from Samsung. It was everything a Super Bowl commercial should be: way over the top spectacle.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  tothemax Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:13 pm

I liked the commercial with the sofa made of shirtless guys. I'm not kidding when I say that I have no idea what the commercial was selling.

Oh! And John Stamos, but not Beckham. I don't like Beckham.

tothemax

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:21 pm

Thought the commercial crop this year was fine for the most part, but a couple of standouts.

The TurboTax one with the little boy peeing in the pool would have been my pick for Worst... except for the new Jack-in-the-Box "I love bacon" commercial. And I do love bacon. But... "You may now eat the bride" was just gross. Dishonorable mention for the Doritos cat-killer commercial.

The most disappointing would be the Volkswagen ad. I cackled loudly at the dog and his exercise regimen... and then they spoiled it with that out-of-fucking-nowhere Star Wars reference. And... I love Star Wars. But really, that was just pathetic. If future runs of the ad are just the dog, I would be perfectly happy. There was no need to try and tie it back in to Darth Vader Kid - it just smacked of trying too hard.

Meh-honorable mention in that category to the Matthew Broderick CR-V ad. I blame the 10-second teaser for making it disappointing instead of cute - I was all psyched up for Ferris, and instead got Matthew riffing on Ferris. If they'd just made it a straight up "Ferris Bueller's Grown-Up Day Off" I would have liked it more.

My pick for Best has to be the Mayan Apocalypse Chevy ad. And I'm from a Ford family (well, grew up in one - my own family is turning out to be a Toyota one). But the commercial itself was great and then finding out that Ford practically begged NBC not to run the ad just makes the whole affair that much more delicious. Honorable mention to The Avengers trailer... "I have an army." "We have a hulk." May is tomorrow, yes?

And it strikes me as odd that on the biggest day of the NFL calendar that the NFL puts forward so many ads for itself that are just blah. Clint Eastwood did a better job getting me psyched for Detroit than the NFL managed to get me feeling about the NFL.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:41 pm

I actually liked a lot of the commercials though none were super stand out water cooler memorable. I laughed pretty hard at the Stamos head butt, and the Dorito's baby, and the cheetah one, but any commercial with a cheeta is going to be tops with me. Cheetahs are awesome.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarryfan Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:10 pm

I loved the Skechers ads with Mr. Quigley. Put a dog in shoes and I am happy.

Snarryfan

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:26 pm

I thought they were all boring. I can only remember the Clint Eastwood one and I didn't think that was nearly as effective as the same concept last year with Eminem and also just tonally odd for Clint to do a Chrysler ad since he spoke out against the bailout of the auto companies.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:00 am

bookworm wrote:I think my favorite Super Bowl commercial was the one from Samsung. It was everything a Super Bowl commercial should be: way over the top spectacle.
I am in full support of this ad because I still listen to and adore "I Believe in a Thing Called Love." What fun to see The Darkness again!

Lots of cute, amusing dogs this year. Some were more successful than others: Mr. Quigley was a delight in his Skechers and looked so HAPPY to be running, and the murderous Doritos great dane made me laugh even though I love cats. I also hope that the Volkswagen ad omits the Star Wars portion at the end; it was adorable and charming up until then. I didn't care for the Bud Light beer-fetching dog; the dog itself was cute, and there was a lot of comedic potential there, but it never quite paid off.

I loved the Ferris Bueller Honda spot. Especially the full version. So many Easter eggs in there!

The John Stamos yogurt spot made me laugh out loud, especially since right before he got head-butted, I said "John Stamos is a jerk!" out loud.

Oof, Battleship looks TERRIBLE. But its Transformers-like ads are probably going to trick tons of people into seeing it.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:46 am

The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:42 pm

I don't know why, but the Verizon ad on Hulu where the guy is wrestling an alligator cracks me up every damn time--and I see it a LOT. When he says "it's airbrushed" and "it's got a Thermos!" I lose it a little.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:21 pm

That CitiBank commercial where they go rock climbing makes me crazy. The song in the background is so annoying, and I got dizzy the first few times I saw it in HD. I wish it would go away.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  sen3 Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:30 pm

Die In A Fire, "Rock God". DIAF.

You are why AI will turn on us one day.

sen3

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:16 pm

Don't you mean "Rock-a God?"

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  sen3 Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:21 pm

mrinsouciance wrote:Don't you mean "Rock-a God?"

GAH! whatever. he sucks and I hate his half-face.

sen3

Back to top Go down

Post  NewYorkStranger Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:17 pm

mokey75 wrote:That CitiBank commercial where they go rock climbing makes me crazy. The song in the background is so annoying, and I got dizzy the first few times I saw it in HD. I wish it would go away.

SOMEBODY LEFT THE GATE OPEN (or "Somebody baked potatoes," which is what my mother thought the lyrics were). Hate, hate, hate that commercial.

Between that and Rock God, I want to punch my tv most days.
NewYorkStranger
NewYorkStranger

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:28 pm

NewYorkStranger wrote:
mokey75 wrote:That CitiBank commercial where they go rock climbing makes me crazy. The song in the background is so annoying, and I got dizzy the first few times I saw it in HD. I wish it would go away.

SOMEBODY LEFT THE GATE OPEN (or "Somebody baked potatoes," which is what my mother thought the lyrics were). Hate, hate, hate that commercial.

I thought that it was "Somebody left the game on" until my wife corrected me.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:53 pm

I'm afraid of heights, so that ad squicks me out. I can't even imagine.

Does anyone know if the singer is the same one that does "Dog Days Are Over?"

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:02 pm

I really hate that commercial. Maybe someone left the gate open so that you WOULD LEAVE THROUGH IT.

Heather

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:45 pm

As I said on Twitter during the Oscars, I wish that girl would fall off that rock.
Jessica
Jessica

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:41 pm

Besides, in the current economic climate, how effective could it possibly be to show a couple of comfortably well-off people indulging in an expensive pastime?
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum