Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Commercials

+56
Coneycat
00redsvt
truecrystal
Never Enough
Binky
big chicken
Putli Bai
killershrew
Crackie
FiggyPudding
Carrie Ann
mialoubug
lil d
Shadowlass
Cynara
Tabby
The Lady of Shalott
Gilraen
Poubelle
Jessica
Heather
NewYorkStranger
xyzzy
biakbiak
Snarryfan
tothemax
bookworm
caltrask55
Rhilin
Wildog27
oxymoron
blixie
Instant Monkeys
punzy
Raksha
Nerg
laddical
maxell131313
laurelin_kit
inversed
mokey75
sen3
mrinsouciance
particle_person
Eris Rising
salamandersam
Raised by wolves
chibimanda
naughty zoot
philophobe
The Dude
whatthedeuce
nikita
jcpdiesel21
Lily Rose
Unlucky Bear
60 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Commercials - Page 4 Empty Re: Commercials

Post  Poubelle Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:42 pm

mrinsouciance wrote:I'm afraid of heights, so that ad squicks me out. I can't even imagine.

Does anyone know if the singer is the same one that does "Dog Days Are Over?"
It's a band called LP, apparently (so not Florence Welch).
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:00 am

Thanks! The voice sort of sounded the same to me. It's primarily irritating to me because they show the damned thing constantly. Sort of like the State Farm ad where the wife thinks the husband is talking to a GF at 3:00 am instead of the State Farm 24-hour hotline guy. Just tired of seeing it over and over.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  Gilraen Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:44 am

Someone fixed the Rock God commercial.

Gilraen

Back to top Go down

Post  sen3 Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:44 am

Gilraen wrote:Someone fixed the Rock God commercial.

Thank you!

No commercial since the Sarah McLaughlin abused animal commercials make me flail around for the remote as much as this one.

sen3

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:45 am

Eris Rising wrote:Besides, in the current economic climate, how effective could it possibly be to show a couple of comfortably well-off people indulging in an expensive pastime?

Rock climbing's not actually that expensive. A lot of my friends are climbers and they're definitely not rich. I actually liked the song in that commercial until I heard it 40,000 times.

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:41 pm

inversed wrote:
Eris Rising wrote:Besides, in the current economic climate, how effective could it possibly be to show a couple of comfortably well-off people indulging in an expensive pastime?

Rock climbing's not actually that expensive. A lot of my friends are climbers and they're definitely not rich. I actually liked the song in that commercial until I heard it 40,000 times.

I suppose you're right. I think that it's the upper-class image of the actors themselves rather than the activity on its own.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  The Lady of Shalott Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:35 pm

I was just confronted with the "Rock God" commercial immediately followed by that awful rock-climbing commercial. They're even worse in tandem.

I am so afraid of heights that even watching that commercial gives me the willies. Every time I see it I think "What if she falls????" and that...does not make me want to bank with Citibank.
The Lady of Shalott
The Lady of Shalott

Back to top Go down

Post  Tabby Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:44 am

I am so afraid of heights that even watching that commercial gives me the willies.
I'm NOT particularly afraid of heights, and that commercial gives me the willies. I can't imagine how bad it must be for people with acrophobia.
Tabby
Tabby

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:57 am

Eris Rising wrote:
inversed wrote:

I suppose you're right. I think that it's the upper-class image of the actors themselves rather than the activity on its own.

It's a commercial for the rewards based card, so it's possible they spent a lot of money somewhere, if that helps. But really, the smug is strong with those two.

Those iPhone commercials make me embarrassed to have an iPhone. Apple's ads are almost always the worst.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:09 pm

Apparently I've been listening to the Tv rather than watching it...but is the SOMEBODY LEFT THE GATE OOOOPEN wailing the same commercial where at the end the woman is just STANDING ON A MILE HIGH COLUMN OF ROCK? l saw that in a movie theater the first time and almost barfed just thinking about it. The whole theater--teenagers included--was like HAHA UM NO.

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:25 pm

This made me LOL: Liquid Plumr Double Impact. Sorry for the crappy quality; the only decent-quality ones are a full minute long for some reason. This is the one that was on TV.

I mean, if you have a product that has the words "plumber" and "double impact" in it you might as well go with what makes sense.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:07 am

The whole Direct TV chain of events commercials went from meh to brilliant with Charlie Sheen.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:01 pm

The Dude wrote:The whole Direct TV chain of events commercials went from meh to brilliant with Charlie Sheen.

I don't know; I loved the "don't have a grandson with a dog collar" one.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:26 pm

I love both of those commercials.

Also, the MLB video game commercial that depicts such a lifelike game, the city of Chicago celebrates the Cubs winning the World Series for the first time in more than 100 years makes me cackle, while my husband dies a little inside every time we see it.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:16 pm

Unlucky Bear wrote:I love both of those commercials.

Also, the MLB video game commercial that depicts such a lifelike game, the city of Chicago celebrates the Cubs winning the World Series for the first time in more than 100 years makes me cackle, while my husband dies a little inside every time we see it.

Ha, that commercial is great. Though we saw it 300 times this weekend, right after my husband finally got the pre-ordered copy of the game only to smash and break his PS3 twelve hours later. It hurt his soul a little, but for a very different reason than your husband.

I love the Direct TV commercials.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:17 pm

Those are Direct TV? I thought they were Comcast. Guess the whole "Buy into our obsolete means of delivering visual entertainment" war is starting to blend all the sides together for me.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:23 am

I don't know anything about the band Neon Trees, but the car commercial where all the different bands are following that girl around makes me want to punch the lead singer in the face repeatedly.

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  Nerg Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:56 pm

I never thought I'd be able to describe a Nike commercial as adorable, but it so is. Also, that song is damn catchy.

Nerg

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:06 pm

Heee, you're right, that's cute. (Also, proof that people will watch a two minute commercial if you make it entertaining enough.)
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Wed May 02, 2012 11:14 am

Anytime I hear Restasis ads I wonder what is the medical use of putting a wrist in suspended animation.

The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:23 am

Given the awesome fact that JC Penny used gay couples in their new Father's Day ads, it reminded me if this recent Fiat 500 commercial struck them as a gay couple with a baby? Because that's totally how it plays to me, and I was super impressed that they portrayed that.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowlass Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:19 pm

Every time I hear that endless artificial sweetener commercial sung to "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" all I can think of is Bill McNeal singing "Twinkle, twinkle, Kenneth Starr, Special Whitewater Prosecu-tarr."

Shadowlass

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:38 pm

This is my new favorite commercial.

The cut to the horse running with the music just kills me.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  lil d Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:29 pm

blixie wrote:Given the awesome fact that JC Penny used gay couples in their new Father's Day ads, it reminded me if this recent Fiat 500 commercial struck them as a gay couple with a baby? Because that's totally how it plays to me, and I was super impressed that they portrayed that.

I don't think that is portraying a gay couple. The guy who brings the baby says it's girl's night out when he gets in the car, suggesting he has the baby because his wife is out with her friends.

lil d

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:19 am

Everythime I hear the Freedom song in Chase ads all I can think of is Tobias Funke dancing on a barge.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum