Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stars I Hate

+90
Lurker
jstilwe
The Glen
themis
year of the cat
Paris, Texas
puddingcup
Wildog27
epudom
Skyblade
Snarryfan
BloozyTunes
Morning Angel
Sheli
MLIS
Coneycat
gannetguts
Binky
Never Enough
Red Wolf
Raksha
Swarley
slmader
salamandersam
Genevieve
caerbannog
Lily Rose
curryalley
lisa
eco
dinahmoe
Evil Lincoln
mayram
particle_person
Agent Sculder
Pop'n'Fresh
katha
QueenSix
Grainne Mhaol
bbridges
bookworm
Rhilin
Matinee
katesti
dreago
mandalaya
nikita
sagitare
punzy
Carrie Ann
sen3
easybreezy
bosoxgirl
dionneshea
Jude
punkysdilemma
blooey
Unlucky Bear
Decca
sunni94
Putli Bai
TiffanyNichelle
PrincessCleo
Cutebutpsycho
laddical
Raised by wolves
The Dude
Melk
whatthedeuce
Jasmine
Poubelle
ariadne
swsa
Cynara
biakbiak
Instant Monkeys
big chicken
blixie
inversed
Kiran
ActonBell
jcpdiesel21
queenofdenile
naughty zoot
Eris Rising
Miss Moneypenny
maxell131313
Crowbridge
tothemax
mokey75
94 posters

Page 7 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Go down

Stars I Hate - Page 7 Empty Re: Stars I Hate

Post  maxell131313 Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:42 pm

I'm no fan of Hope Solo even though I respect her talent on the soccer field, but if what she wrote about her time with Maks on Dancing With The Stars is true, he is dead to me.

Someone on Twitter posted photos of the pages in her new book where she talks about working with him and he sounds like an abusive douchebag times infinity. I know on the season she competed in they were built up by producers as butting heads, but apparently they didn't show half of what went on. He actually physically assulted her once because she couldn't get a dance step down. The problem is that when producers sided with her and asked her if she 1) wanted a new partner and 2) offered to fire Maks, she claims she didn't want to get him fired and stuck with him. Dude, she could have ripped his balls off and not even broken a sweat, but didn't want to "make a scene" so she put up with it.

I'm not sure who I'm angrier with here. Him for slapping her over a freaking dance step or her for allowing it.
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:01 pm

Be angrier at him. She was the victim, whether or not she could have taken him. I imagine she also wanted to avoid the inevitable and sad "SHES LYING AND I KNOW BECAUSE SHES A BITCH BECAUSE OF THIS AND THIS" from his fangirls.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:02 pm

Yes, always the abuser, not the victim.

ETA: As a person who grew up in a home where my mother was repeatedly abused and didn't leave for a really long time, the psychological, cultural, and physical consequences of "telling" can keep ALL women silent. Heck, what have we seen in the media? Chris Brown was convicted of battery and Rihanna gets so much crap for leaving him from a huge part of the music fandom. Roman Polanski? Over and over again history and her life experiences probably taught her to be silent and take it.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:23 pm

I know I shouldn't be upset with her as she got crap from him because she couldn't catch on to some piece of lame choreography he'd given her, but there's a part of me that wishes more women would stand up but knows they won't simply because of the culture we live in. That's the depressing part--other girls/women (and by this I mean the fangirls outside of the situation) too caught up in the guy's physical looks and lust to get it through their skulls that no woman deserves abuse, I don't care how cute HE is. I also blame the producers for playing up her supposed "bad attitude" and thus making people believe she's a poor sport and doesn't want to learn or care about dancing.

I'm just feeling a lot of frustration today.

Last edited by maxell131313 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:23 pm

Him, production, and ABC for even putting her in the position to have to make that choice. I say this as someone who only heard ofHope because of the Olympics and never watched DWTS.

Last edited by biakbiak on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:26 pm

Even if she couldn't speak up at the moment good for her for talking about it now. Shes probably going to get a lot of shit for it (what a lovely, lovely culture we live in) and she probably knows it.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:22 pm

Especially since Solo already gets a lot of crap because she isn't being the "right kind" of elite athlete. She picks fights with people and always gets called on being self-aggrandizing. People would have absolutely said that she was making it up, just like they will now.
bbridges
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:00 pm

If you go to 1:26 of this video you can see Maks shoving Hope and generally behaving like an abusive asshole. If he acted that way on camera, who knows what he is capable of when the cameras aren't around? I know a lot of people dislike Hope Solo, but that doesn't mean her story isn't believable.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:29 pm

This interview reminded me that I can't stand Benedict Cumberbatch.

It's one thing to just be ugly, but he's so sleazy looking on top of it. He grosses me out. And then he comes off like such a douche in all his interviews.

It’s a bit frightening because I’m one of about 10 principal cast members. Plus I’m joining Brad Pitt and Michael Fassbender. I don’t mean to sound arrogant, but I feel absolutely right about being in that company.
Well, you do sound arrogant.

And then all the shade he's throwing at Elementary. You know, because apparently HIS show is the first to ever think of bringing Sherlock Holmes to the screen, so he has some kind of dibs on it, and how dare anyone else think they should be allowed access to the characters.
What do you make of the new US modern Sherlock Holmes adaptation, Elementary?

Jonny [Lee Miller] asked me if I was all right with him doing it. I said, “What are the similarities?” And he went, “Well it’s modern…” I went, “Oh.” Then he said, “Lucy Liu’s going to play Joan Watson…” And I went, “Oh.” I got hold of the pilot script just to check it out. I don’t know, we’ll see. I think there’s room for us both to coexist. I don’t feel threatened by it and I wish him the best, which is as diplomatic as I can be.

It’s a strange position to be in…

It’s very odd. I did say, “Well, I’d prefer you didn’t do it but you’ve got a kid to feed, a nice house in LA and a wife to keep in good clothes.” When you get used to a certain standard of living and they waft a pay cheque at you, what are you going to do? I think Jonny was like, “Mate, I’ve got the f*cking mountain to climb here [to reach the acclaim of Sherlock], you’ve got nothing to fear.” I wish him the best of luck, but I’m a bit cynical about why they’ve chosen to do it and why they cast him.

WTF? I could even see throwing jibes at the show, but what's with feeling "cynical" about why they chose Jonny Lee Miller? What an assy thing to say.

The part about having "a wife to keep in good clothes" is a nice touch of dickishness too.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:25 am

Is he friends with Jonny? Geez, he sounds like such a total prick as if he thinks Jonny's only doing it for money and not because he's AT ALL INTERESTED in adapting the Sherlock Holmes franchise for a new generation. And yes, it's really great to say that you think it's suspicious that they chose that particular guy to play the role of Sherlock. WTF? Jonny shouldn't have asked him shit. Cumberbund has no rights to the character, for chrissakes! You don't need his advice or blessing or anything, dude!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:37 am

I love Sherlock but have never gotten the crazy Cumberbatch love. It's why I have always thought the story that Brent Spiner tells about him coming up to Patrick Stewart and him eating dinner in London and asking how his life would change if he took the role in ST. Brent doesn't say it but there is just something about the story that indicates that he wouldn't have just come over to Brent and it annoyed me. I completely acknowledge that is something I inferred but that interview makes me feel I was right!

It makes me hope that Elementary is a crazy success for CBS which given the numbers involved will actually completely drawf the people who have seen Sherlock, even if it's not as good.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:47 am

whatthedeuce wrote:Is he friends with Jonny? Geez, he sounds like such a total prick as if he thinks Jonny's only doing it for money and not because he's AT ALL INTERESTED in adapting the Sherlock Holmes franchise for a new generation. And yes, it's really great to say that you think it's suspicious that they chose that particular guy to play the role of Sherlock. WTF? Jonny shouldn't have asked him shit. Cumberbund has no rights to the character, for chrissakes! You don't need his advice or blessing or anything, dude!

I believe he is friends with Jonny. They just had the enormously well received run trading back and forth playing Victor and the Monster in "Frankenstein" on stage. Which is why I think BC is cynical about the choice of JLM. It *is* odd that they approached Moffat about bringing Sherlock to the US, dumped him, then crafted a "new" spin on Modern Sherlock and then cast an actor who had just spent a run playing "mirror image" to the lead of the show they dumped. I don't think Benedict is at all in the wrong here.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:50 am

There needs to be a warning on the link. Cucumber's eyes are fucking terrifying on that magazine cover. I may have nightmares.

(Though I'm now VERY confident he'll be an effective villain in Star Trek!)

ETA: But I do need to thank an ONTD commenter for introducing me to "Bunnicula Cuckoonest."
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:22 am

they approached Moffat about bringing Sherlock to the US, dumped him, then crafted a "new" spin on Modern Sherlock and then cast an actor who had just spent a run playing "mirror image" to the lead of the show they dumped. I don't think Benedict is at all in the wrong here.

From what I read from Moffat interviews he didn't like their direction and refused, it's not like he owns Sherlock Holmes or even the notion or setting them in mordern times, so I don't find that a convincing argument. I am not denying Sherlock's success has put it on the top of the list but people have been trying to sell it for years.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Melk Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:09 am

The more I learn about Benedict Cumberbatch the less I like him. He seems rather entitled and... up his own backside frankly. Besides, there's nothing I hate more than privileged people whining about how tough it is being privileged. And he's certainly guilty of that.
Melk
Melk

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainne Mhaol Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:26 am

That interview makes him sound like such an insufferable luvvie, what with 'Tom' inviting him to tea and 'Rebecca' talking him round. Uggh. I never realised how unbearable he is.
Grainne Mhaol
Grainne Mhaol

http://foodcultureinireland.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:39 am

Listen, I'm in no way a Cumberbatch apologist, but when you're toiling away steadily and then nearly overnight becoming well known with websites dedicated to you and getting more high profile jobs and landing interviews where people actually read what you're saying, I can well imagine you say things that makes some people go WTF when it all goes to your head or it's overwhelming or it brings out your innate annoying git-ness.

Maybe he'll start censoring his opinions to avoid backlash in future. Either way, let him off. I'm going to continue my policy of ignoring his interviews (which I do quite a bit with most actors and actresses I like unless it's related to a specific project or in Empire magazine) and keep on watching the shows he's in.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:13 pm

biakbiak wrote:
they approached Moffat about bringing Sherlock to the US, dumped him, then crafted a "new" spin on Modern Sherlock and then cast an actor who had just spent a run playing "mirror image" to the lead of the show they dumped. I don't think Benedict is at all in the wrong here.

From what I read from Moffat interviews he didn't like their direction and refused, it's not like he owns Sherlock Holmes or even the notion or setting them in mordern times, so I don't find that a convincing argument. I am not denying Sherlock's success has put it on the top of the list but people have been trying to sell it for years.

I'm not saying they shouldn't have pushed forward with Elementary, I'm just saying that Cumberbatch has a point in looking askance at why they approached Jonny Lee Millier to play Sherlock and that Jonny may not have needed his blessing but was simply being respectful, given their history together.

Last edited by laddical on Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:13 pm

While I do get his wondering why they selected a well know friend of his for the Elementary role, I still think saying he's only doing to keep his LA (read shallow/craven) Life/wife in good fashions is pretty shitty even if they weren't supposedly friends. But weirdly this doesn't make me hate him, he is one FANTASTIC bitch. I want to know if he is friends with GOOP.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:32 pm

Hopefully Gwyneth would advise him on selecting a fabulous pant.

Didn't Helena Bonham Carter do the exact same complaining about getting typecast as posh? Though if her career is anything to go by, his plan to come to the US will fix that.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:40 pm

blixie wrote:While I do get his wondering why they selected a well know friend of his for the Elementary role, I still think saying he's only doing to keep his LA (read shallow/craven) Life/wife in good fashions is pretty shitty even if they weren't supposedly friends. But weirdly this doesn't make me hate him, he is one FANTASTIC bitch. I want to know if he is friends with GOOP.

With Elementary, I get the side-eye. He's just saying what we all were thinking when the announcement went out.

The wife thing is a pretty shitty aside, but I womder if it was him babbling on (BENEDICT. HERE. CHEW ON THIS SOCK. TRUST ME.).

but I will say I just choked on my coffee of the image of him doing a newsletter a la GOOP. It'd be nothing but indie rock, skydiving and suits. I kind of want this. Especially if he does it in that goofy-ass rambling writing style that he did with the intro to Hound.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:46 pm

The wife thing is a pretty shitty aside, but I womder if it was him babbling on (BENEDICT. HERE. CHEW ON THIS SOCK. TRUST ME.).

I don't think it's serious. I read it is typically dry British humor taking a friendly jab at someone who is a friend, or at least a close professional acquaintance (even if they don't hang out on weekends, they spent months getting naked in front of each other in front of audiences - that has to build a strong bond). He's not saying, "He did it for the money", he's saying, "In the absence of any strong feelings *against* taking the role, turning down the money would be a dumb move."
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:04 pm

The more I mull it over, the more I tend to agree with you.

But I still want a newsletter. It would be hilarious.

"I was at the recent Sigur Ros concert with a group of my friends when I turned to my friend, the actor Johny Lee Miller and said, 'So mate, is it me or is the newest Sigur Ros album not as good as Mumford and Sons?' before he could answer my other friend Jude (Law, if you don't know him) saying he thought Mumford and Sons were all right, but really, wasn't the Civil War just good for the raw beat and soulful singing? 'It's an instant way to get laid,' he told me, before puffing on his cigarette and having his latest bird stroke his beard (the beard was from Anna Karenia and it gave him a slightly mod professor look, especially when paired with that Dior beanie. The girls were going wild over him).

Where was I again? Oh yes, coffee..."

OH I REALLY WANT THIS NOW.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:46 pm

And I don't particularly find their choice of JLM odd at all. He has a previous relationship with CBS, is coming off a canceled series where he was lead, and has been working in tv for years now. Trying to act like they'd have no reason to hire him is just shitty. And his whole interpretation of JLM saying that he knows his show is going to suck in comparison to Sherlock? Whatever. I don't care if you think it, don't SAY it.

This has made me plan on season pass'ing Elementary though.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  katha Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:58 pm

I like BC as an actor very much, I like Sherlock. And I agree that it's probably his rambly personality colliding with too quick fame, he's overwhelmed and doesn't yet get how to be PR savvy, that this is not a private conversation you're having, the journalists will quote you. And the cattiness about Downton, or even moaning that Elementary is only copying blond hair that his show introduced and generally doing a Paltrow, that's just amusing, they're his opinions, his colleagues he'll have to deal with, whatever.

But the ugly insinuations about JLM, his friend, and his wife are way not cool. Neither is his Helena "I'm being punished for not being trendily working-class" Bonham Carter act. That's just crappy behaviour. The rambling isn't the problem, it's the content of the ramblings that's sketchy.

katha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next