Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stars I Hate

+90
Lurker
jstilwe
The Glen
themis
year of the cat
Paris, Texas
puddingcup
Wildog27
epudom
Skyblade
Snarryfan
BloozyTunes
Morning Angel
Sheli
MLIS
Coneycat
gannetguts
Binky
Never Enough
Red Wolf
Raksha
Swarley
slmader
salamandersam
Genevieve
caerbannog
Lily Rose
curryalley
lisa
eco
dinahmoe
Evil Lincoln
mayram
particle_person
Agent Sculder
Pop'n'Fresh
katha
QueenSix
Grainne Mhaol
bbridges
bookworm
Rhilin
Matinee
katesti
dreago
mandalaya
nikita
sagitare
punzy
Carrie Ann
sen3
easybreezy
bosoxgirl
dionneshea
Jude
punkysdilemma
blooey
Unlucky Bear
Decca
sunni94
Putli Bai
TiffanyNichelle
PrincessCleo
Cutebutpsycho
laddical
Raised by wolves
The Dude
Melk
whatthedeuce
Jasmine
Poubelle
ariadne
swsa
Cynara
biakbiak
Instant Monkeys
big chicken
blixie
inversed
Kiran
ActonBell
jcpdiesel21
queenofdenile
naughty zoot
Eris Rising
Miss Moneypenny
maxell131313
Crowbridge
tothemax
mokey75
94 posters

Page 12 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

Stars I Hate - Page 12 Empty Re: Stars I Hate

Post  MLIS Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:00 pm

particle_person wrote:
MLIS wrote:Yeah, I'm not horrified by what Chris Brown did because he's black. I'm horrified because what he did was horrific. And because he has shown no remorse.
Wait, who said people are only horrified about Brown because of race? I admit I didn't read my link beyond the listed names and what they did/were alleged to do. *going back to reread*

Hm. I think the note at the end was about media portrayal (and is probably right about that, too) not necessarily all public reaction, much less of people here.

I was reacting to the hash tag "#ur fave white doods are awful" after the Tommy Lee paragraph, plus the implication that the media has made Chris Brown the representative of domestic violence for an "obvious reason", which to me implied that the blogger believes people are quicker to forgive the other guys because they are white, whereas Chris Brown has been vilified (partially by the media) because he is black. It is possible I misunderstood her point (that sounds snarky and I don't mean it to).

I don't for a minute think the people on this board are reacting in any way because of skin colour.

MLIS

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:56 pm

MLIS, I see where you're getting that now, but I did read that bit at the end as meaning the media. I missed the Tommy Lee thing altogether.

bookworm, I think it depends on the extent of what they did. I don't really think Roman Polanski deserves much forgiveness. Gary Oldman, OTOH, I take your point.
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:20 pm

MLIS wrote:
particle_person wrote:
MLIS wrote:Yeah, I'm not horrified by what Chris Brown did because he's black. I'm horrified because what he did was horrific. And because he has shown no remorse.
Wait, who said people are only horrified about Brown because of race? I admit I didn't read my link beyond the listed names and what they did/were alleged to do. *going back to reread*

Hm. I think the note at the end was about media portrayal (and is probably right about that, too) not necessarily all public reaction, much less of people here.

I was reacting to the hash tag "#ur fave white doods are awful" after the Tommy Lee paragraph, plus the implication that the media has made Chris Brown the representative of domestic violence for an "obvious reason", which to me implied that the blogger believes people are quicker to forgive the other guys because they are white, whereas Chris Brown has been vilified (partially by the media) because he is black. It is possible I misunderstood her point (that sounds snarky and I don't mean it to).

I don't for a minute think the people on this board are reacting in any way because of skin colour.

What MLIS said. I certainly didn't think particle_person was suggesting that.

The Chris Brown thing is, of course, of much more recent vintage than most of the offenses on that list, which were big deals in the media when they happened. It's probably natural to be more upset at Brown, who is still douching around in public avoiding responsibility, than Harry Morgan, who did his court-ordered therapy and is dead.

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:53 pm

Also, Chris Brown abused Rihanna, who may be the most famous woman in the world right now. Its sad but due to her familiarity with people, it will resonate with the public more. The picture was also released to the public. Thats the biggest thing I think. I think people are more likely to push things out of their mind when there isn't a picture. That and it happened in the TMZ age and Chris Brown has been acting a remorseless fool ever since. Publicly.

I do think race plays a role, it always does, but I don't think it plays the main role in this case. And dishearteningly while you can say that yes Chris Brown is not very liked, his career hasn't suffered that much either. He sells tickets, gets hits, collaborates with amazing people. Hell, Usher had to apologize for judging him when he said that he didnt seem that remorseful.

Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:14 pm

The picture seems to be the real key: had there been a police report with photos when Sean Penn beat Madonna, his career may very well have been over. Without that, it's easier to ignore it or forget it or deny it.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:40 pm

People will also depressingly defend their favorites to the death. For example Michael Fassbender, it was never proven. Hell, I enjoy him as an actor and I will fully admit that I really hope he didn't do it. With Chris Brown even WITH the picture you had tons of people saying that Rihanna started it or he was just defending himself. Imagine WITHOUT that picture what they would have come up with.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:05 am

Exactly.

And I think the "continuing to be a dick" is a huge, huge part of it. The last time Sean Penn was all over the media, it was because he was winning an Oscar (again!) for playing the first openly gay man to win a public election in the US. That's different than you and your buddies dressing up as terrorists for Halloween being all over the internet.

There's also a few dudes on that list who simply aren't as famous. Less fame, less attention.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:24 am

Let's not forget the neck tattoo, people! Day of the dead my fat, happy ass. He's gross, and I really wish people would stop paying attention to him.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheli Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:58 am

It hasn't even been that long since the night he got arrested for hurting Rihanna and yet there have been many, many stories of him being a dick since then. The neck tattoo, the music videos, the tweets... all of it just piles on and on.

If he went celebrity silent for awhile, like didn't make any big news headlines, and then started popping up in GOOD news stories, he might gain some goodwill back from some people.

Sheli

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:03 pm

Speaking of Adam Carolla,someone brought a bottle of his Mangria to a Christmas party. It was like vodka, kool-aid and tang. My idea for a slogan "When and electroplate medallion with 'douchebag' in cubic zircon won't get the point across quick enough".
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:56 pm

Inevitable, and yet still somehow astonishing:

Chris Brown compares himself to Jesus.

Because we all remember when both Jesus and Mary Magdelene were getting flack for her sticking around with him after he smacked the shit out of her. Or when he beat down John the Baptist during an argument over a parking space.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:41 pm

The Entertainment Tonight folks were rather incredulous when reporting that particular story last night. CB could not be any more self-victimized or indignant if he tried. I really wish he'd at least stop trying though.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:22 am

The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:23 pm

He'd never punch a fellow Jew. HE'S JESUS! DIDN'T YOU GET THE MEMO?!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:27 pm

Tell that to all the moneychangers in the temple.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:30 pm

OMFG. (Oh My Father God.) He knocked over a few tables. I can't believe people are still harping on that incident after all these years!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:52 am

I read this interview with Leslie Mann at the gym the other day. I never liked her, but now I find her totally insufferable. You know, I'm sure the Groundlings teacher didn't help you because she's a bitch, Leslie, and not because, you know, you're only moderately talented at best and kind of an asshole. Bleh.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:57 am

I never liked Leslie Mann. She's a bland woman with an irritating baby voice, and her husband needs to stop putting her in movies. She isn't funny.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:47 pm

I don't mind her, but..."Hollywood's most reliable funny girl"? Come on, now. I don't know ANYONE who would name Leslie Mann first when thinking of Hollywood funny girls. Emma Stone, Melissa McCarthy, Kristin Wiig, Amy Poehler, Tina Fey, Sandra Bullock, Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon, Rebel Wilson, Anna Kendrick...like there are a LOT of names I think would pop up before they got to her.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:51 pm

I used to hate Leslie Mann when she was trying to be a real actress, but when I only had to see her in Apatow movies I started to like her, and he always makes her the butt of jokes: Hooters Girl, DUI driver... she's best in short bursts.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:12 pm

She's more on the Rebecca Pigeon end than the Clint Howard end of the celeb relatives cast in every one of their movies spectrum.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:08 am

I've never been a fan of Mark Wahlberg, but after seeing him behave as a drunken ass on Graham Norton, he's on my dislike list. I felt bad for Sarah Silverman and Michael Fassbender at having their stories interrupting by him. But Graham is such a good host, he's always able to salvage the show, whatever happens.
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  BloozyTunes Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:34 am

I fast forwarded through that video by clicking on it at random times, and every click was him talking, talking, yep there he is again talking. Towards the end he challenged Fassbender to a big dick contest. So cringeworthy.

BloozyTunes

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:38 am

BloozyTunes wrote:I fast forwarded through that video by clicking on it at random times, and every click was him talking, talking, yep there he is again talking. Towards the end he challenged Fassbender to a big dick contest. So cringeworthy.

And this clip was just the first part of the show! It got worse later on where he looked alternatively bored or was derailing people's stories with comments, clearly having not listened & just undercutting them. I think he didn't like not being the full centre of attention, and because he had been drinking (they usually have a drink on the couch, but I think he did say he had been drinking before), it came out full force. Anyway, it was just really tacky.
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  mayram Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:32 pm

Morning Angel wrote:
BloozyTunes wrote:I fast forwarded through that video by clicking on it at random times, and every click was him talking, talking, yep there he is again talking. Towards the end he challenged Fassbender to a big dick contest. So cringeworthy.

And this clip was just the first part of the show! It got worse later on where he looked alternatively bored or was derailing people's stories with comments, clearly having not listened & just undercutting them. I think he didn't like not being the full centre of attention, and because he had been drinking (they usually have a drink on the couch, but I think he did say he had been drinking before), it came out full force. Anyway, it was just really tacky.

Okay, I watched the first clip and thought "hmm, this isn't that bad" but having watched the 2nd and 3rd parts...yeah, total drunk ass stomping all over everyone's stories. It was especially nice of him to very loudly say "WHO?" when Graham Norton introduced the singer at the very end. Super classy.

Total credit to Sarah Silverman and Michael Fassbender for handling his rudeness with grace and humor though. That could have been ten times more awkward if they hadn't handled it so well. They were really charming, I could have watched those two interview with Graham Norton all day.

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next