Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stars I Hate

+90
Lurker
jstilwe
The Glen
themis
year of the cat
Paris, Texas
puddingcup
Wildog27
epudom
Skyblade
Snarryfan
BloozyTunes
Morning Angel
Sheli
MLIS
Coneycat
gannetguts
Binky
Never Enough
Red Wolf
Raksha
Swarley
slmader
salamandersam
Genevieve
caerbannog
Lily Rose
curryalley
lisa
eco
dinahmoe
Evil Lincoln
mayram
particle_person
Agent Sculder
Pop'n'Fresh
katha
QueenSix
Grainne Mhaol
bbridges
bookworm
Rhilin
Matinee
katesti
dreago
mandalaya
nikita
sagitare
punzy
Carrie Ann
sen3
easybreezy
bosoxgirl
dionneshea
Jude
punkysdilemma
blooey
Unlucky Bear
Decca
sunni94
Putli Bai
TiffanyNichelle
PrincessCleo
Cutebutpsycho
laddical
Raised by wolves
The Dude
Melk
whatthedeuce
Jasmine
Poubelle
ariadne
swsa
Cynara
biakbiak
Instant Monkeys
big chicken
blixie
inversed
Kiran
ActonBell
jcpdiesel21
queenofdenile
naughty zoot
Eris Rising
Miss Moneypenny
maxell131313
Crowbridge
tothemax
mokey75
94 posters

Page 13 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

Stars I Hate - Page 13 Empty Re: Stars I Hate

Post  whatthedeuce Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:35 pm

I would think Sarah Silverman would jump all over that opportunity to ridicule someone acting like a total asshole. I can't even bring myself to watch the clips cuz I don't wanna totally dislike Mark Wahlberg.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:00 pm

I was planning to watch the show next week on BBC America because, Michael Fassbender but ugh, maybe not.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:16 pm

I've always thought he was an unreformed piece of shit and it's nice (?) to see that belief validated (see: his history as an unrepentant thug who commits hate crimes but paraphrase, "it's cool guys because he's really grown now, but never felt the need to actually apologize to those he attacked or anything").

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  mayram Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:33 pm

whatthedeuce wrote:I would think Sarah Silverman would jump all over that opportunity to ridicule someone acting like a total asshole. I can't even bring myself to watch the clips cuz I don't wanna totally dislike Mark Wahlberg.

She definitely gave him shit for it, but was funny enough about it that it didn't become a complete awkward-fest.

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:20 pm

Oh, good on her then. Nobody should let him just get away with acting like a belligerent asshole. On national TV or otherwise.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  BloozyTunes Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:09 am

Matinee wrote:I've always thought he was an unreformed piece of shit and it's nice (?) to see that belief validated (see: his history as an unrepentant thug who commits hate crimes but paraphrase, "it's cool guys because he's really grown now, but never felt the need to actually apologize to those he attacked or anything").
Yeah I like to remind everyone of how he attacked those Vietnamese men for no reason other than them being Asian (as evidenced by him screaming "Vietnam fucking shit" as he beat them), just to remind everyone that it happened. Didn't he blind one of them? NEVER FORGET.

BloozyTunes

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:15 am

It makes me very uncomfortable that people like Chris Brown get vilified (AS HE SHOULD BE), but Mark Wahlberg gets a pass for his assaults. He never even apologized.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:06 pm

The problem is that Mark Wahlberg's assault happened before he was famous and when it initially came out it was the early 90s. Its the pre TMZ age.

Its a similar situation to Mike Tyson or Sean Penn where I sometimes wonder if people who weren't around and old enough to know what was going on even are aware of what happened.

I think Chris Brown mostly, gets villified because his attack was on someone just as famous, if not more famous, then him, and it all played out in the media. And he still does something horrifying every three months to remind us of it (last one being jumping Frank Ocean).
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:10 pm

Yeah, I think Chris Brown's lack of remorse is probably the biggest reason people won't get past it. If his PR team had any kind of sense, the first thing they should've done is delete his twitter. I also felt watching the Grammys last night, that tolerance for him has changed since he and Rihanna got back together. Last year, it was like a welcome back party for him. He even performed multiple times and got a standing o. But this year, the reception was much chillier. And I think possibly people were willing to believe he could change, but with going back to this abusive situation and the altercation with Frank Ocean, even the kiss-assy industry is over his shit.
Just minutes before the live telecast was to begin, the show producer took to the mic to urge everyone to quickly take their seats, using the opportunity to praise show host LL Cool J for his swift action last year in respectfully addressing Whitney Houston's sudden death a day earlier, and also acknowledging that "other" fateful Grammy's weekend "four years ago." Hint hint.

So in case they’d somehow forgotten, all talent and guests were reminded as they rushed to their seats.
Comparing to last year...
“We’re glad to have him back,” said executive producer Ken Ehrlich. “I think people deserve a second chance, you know. If you’ll note, he has not been on the Grammys for the past few years and it may have taken us a while to kind of get over the fact that we were the victim of what happened.”
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:04 pm

Kiran wrote:The problem is that Mark Wahlberg's assault happened before he was famous and when it initially came out it was the early 90s. Its the pre TMZ age.

I'll endorse that, because this is literally the first I have ever heard of this story. Pre-TMZ and the Internet, it was very easy to simply not know things about stars in genres you didn't specifically follow. Regarding Mark Wahlberg, I think I remember something about underwear, and that's it. (Mike Tyson I knew about because I follow boxing, and as heavyweight champion he was more mainstream-famous than someone like Wahlberg.) I a little shocked and horrified to hear about this.

Now, in the Internet/TMZ/pop culture message board age, I have to this day never heard a song by Chris Brown, but I know exactly who the dickhead is and what he looks like.

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:20 pm

I heard that apparently Chris Brown got no applause this grammys (via the Hollywood reporter) and there are rumors the producers used a track for the telecast.

Hell, even at the grammys Chris Brown had another mini scandal by refusing to stand up for Frank Ocean.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:35 pm

ActonBell wrote:It makes me very uncomfortable that people like Chris Brown get vilified (AS HE SHOULD BE), but Mark Wahlberg gets a pass for his assaults. He never even apologized.

Pre-internet and, of course, the victim wasn't famous (I really shudder to think how much worse Chris Brown would be if he'd assaulted a Jane Doe). And I do think Wahlberg had demonstrated considerable more regret and personal responsibility than Brown, who seems to think that everyone who doesn't like domestic violence is a personal 'hater'.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:38 pm

swsa wrote:Comparing to last year...
“We’re glad to have him back,” said executive producer Ken Ehrlich. “I think people deserve a second chance, you know. If you’ll note, he has not been on the Grammys for the past few years and it may have taken us a while to kind of get over the fact that we were the victim of what happened.”
Just to clarify: this asshole here thinks the Grammys were the real victim when Chris Brown beat Rihanna unconscious?
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  BloozyTunes Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:07 pm

Just to clarify: this asshole here thinks the Grammys were the real victim when Chris Brown beat Rihanna unconscious?

Oh, wow. I hadn't even noticed that. Yuck.

BloozyTunes

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:12 pm

God, I wanted Frank Ocean to throw his Grammy right into Brown's face. That would have been EPIC.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:20 pm

Binky wrote:
ActonBell wrote:It makes me very uncomfortable that people like Chris Brown get vilified (AS HE SHOULD BE), but Mark Wahlberg gets a pass for his assaults. He never even apologized.

Pre-internet and, of course, the victim wasn't famous (I really shudder to think how much worse Chris Brown would be if he'd assaulted a Jane Doe). And I do think Wahlberg had demonstrated considerable more regret and personal responsibility than Brown, who seems to think that everyone who doesn't like domestic violence is a personal 'hater'.

He does at least admit that he was wrong and expresses regret, though this bit

He said the right thing to do would be to try to find the blinded man and make amends, and admitted he has not done so, but added that he was no longer burdened by guilt: "You have to go and ask for forgiveness and it wasn't until I really started doing good and doing right by other people, as well as myself, that I really started to feel that guilt go away. So I don't have a problem going to sleep at night. I feel good when I wake up in the morning."

makes me still find him disgusting. But it's very true that unlike Brown, he has taken some responsibility. Brown seems to see himself as a victim, and it's so gross that his fans seem to agree with that.

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:39 pm

Chris Brown always and forever.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:05 pm

What a hateful asshole. No one can tell me he isn't still abusing Rihanna when he acts like THAT.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarryfan Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:38 pm

When I saw the headline "Chris Brown Explodes" my first thought was "let that statement be literal."

Snarryfan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:58 am

God he is such a piece of shit.

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:35 pm

Another day, another hateful Chris Brown thing. He's a sad, pathetic guy who needs some serious help ASAP.
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:50 pm

At this point, I'm surprised he can go out in public without being physically assaulted and verbally abused by everyone he comes across. What a goddamn asshole.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Melk Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:20 pm

Every time I think he cannot get any more vile, lo and behold, he manages it. He just really, really hates women. Don't even get me started on the 'female' thing.
Melk
Melk

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:54 pm

Agree with everything everyone's said. And yes I hate when men call women females. It sounds like they are talking about an animal in national geographic.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:07 pm

What does she see in him? I don't get it.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next