Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stars I Hate

+90
Lurker
jstilwe
The Glen
themis
year of the cat
Paris, Texas
puddingcup
Wildog27
epudom
Skyblade
Snarryfan
BloozyTunes
Morning Angel
Sheli
MLIS
Coneycat
gannetguts
Binky
Never Enough
Red Wolf
Raksha
Swarley
slmader
salamandersam
Genevieve
caerbannog
Lily Rose
curryalley
lisa
eco
dinahmoe
Evil Lincoln
mayram
particle_person
Agent Sculder
Pop'n'Fresh
katha
QueenSix
Grainne Mhaol
bbridges
bookworm
Rhilin
Matinee
katesti
dreago
mandalaya
nikita
sagitare
punzy
Carrie Ann
sen3
easybreezy
bosoxgirl
dionneshea
Jude
punkysdilemma
blooey
Unlucky Bear
Decca
sunni94
Putli Bai
TiffanyNichelle
PrincessCleo
Cutebutpsycho
laddical
Raised by wolves
The Dude
Melk
whatthedeuce
Jasmine
Poubelle
ariadne
swsa
Cynara
biakbiak
Instant Monkeys
big chicken
blixie
inversed
Kiran
ActonBell
jcpdiesel21
queenofdenile
naughty zoot
Eris Rising
Miss Moneypenny
maxell131313
Crowbridge
tothemax
mokey75
94 posters

Page 14 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Stars I Hate - Page 14 Empty Re: Stars I Hate

Post  Jude Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:12 pm

He's such a repulsive, hateful creature. I try to understand other points of view, generally speaking, but I will NEVER understand why this guy is still selling music and winning awards. I just don't get it.

Speaking of other unlikable "stars," I saw Kate Gosselin and four of her kids tonight at Chipotle. My friend had to point her out since I didn't even recognize her. I guess I was too focused on my chicken burrito, which was a lot more interesting, come to think of it.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:17 pm

I couldn't believe my ears when I heard a radio personality say this week that Chris Brown "allegedly" beat Rihanna. His female counterpart was like, "Ummm, no he got convicted for that cuz he did it. It's not alleged anymore." They went back and forth a bit about it, and if I could have, I'd have reached through the speakers and slapped that dude. There would be nothing alleged about it either.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Thu May 16, 2013 9:04 pm

I think I might hate Corey Feldman just for this creepy book cover alone.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Thu May 16, 2013 9:06 pm

Yeah. That pun is gonna give me nightmares.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Thu May 16, 2013 9:07 pm

Well, thanks for tonight's nightmare, Crowbridge!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Fri May 17, 2013 3:25 am

Actual horror novels have less scary covers.

(I've seen a version of Stephen King's It with the actual clown on the cover, and I would rather look at that clown.)
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri May 17, 2013 12:59 pm

Poubelle, I'm dying over here.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Fri May 17, 2013 6:44 pm

Poubelle wrote:Actual horror novels have less scary covers.

(I've seen a version of Stephen King's It with the actual clown on the cover, and I would rather look at that clown.)
My brother had that copy of "It". I used to turn it facing the other way because it scared me so much. If "Coreyography" was in my house, I would do the same.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sat May 18, 2013 1:15 pm

I would have to burn any copy of Coreyography that found itself within 50 feet of me. So creepy.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:23 am

Christopher Hitchens

Yes I know he's dead, but he has fans that seem to think that absolute jackassery is a virtue.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainne Mhaol Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:45 pm

I admired Hitchens' rhetorical skills, his integrity and his courage in the face of illness, but some of his politics were vile. And yes, he has some horrible fanboys.
Grainne Mhaol
Grainne Mhaol

http://foodcultureinireland.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:40 pm

This would go in the Stars I once loved but now profoundly dislike: Johnny Depp. Ugh. Pls stop. His movie choices don't appeal to me anymore. His work with Tim Burton is one caricature after another (& sometimes creepy and nonsensical). I don't care too much about the Disney work. Now, I hear he's signed on to do a sequel in Alice in Wonderland? I thought that movie was panned?

At any rate, I am done with him professionally*. No more spending my $ at the cineplex for him.

* I am sure I felt like that years ago, but I now feel irritated.

Back to top Go down

Post  Skyblade Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:57 pm

Alice in Wonderland was also a huge success. But yeah, Johnny Depp is basically Nicholas Cage now, except actually less interesting.

Skyblade

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:02 pm

Its because Nicolas Cage is ACTUALLY INSANE. And his insane performances are entertaining. Or hes actually excellent. There is no in between. He never sleep walks. Either he is horrible in an entertaining way, or he is reminding you why he has an oscar.

Johnny Depp 90% of the time appears to be sleep walking and masking it with tics and affectations and desperately trying to hold onto his youth. Now if he did something like scream at lizards he was hallucinating, maybe I'd care again.

That being said I am interested in his upcoming work, particularly in Transcendance. If only because he looks like a normal human being, so maybe he'll actually have to act again.

I think he and Tim Burton need to seperate for a while since they are both very talented, but together? Bring out the worst in each other. Their last (artistically) successful collaboration was Sweeney Todd imo.

I don't hate him though. I'm just BORED by him. Which may be worse.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Skyblade Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:33 pm

Kiran wrote:

Now if he did something like scream at lizards he was hallucinating, maybe I'd care again.

You could say that's what he did with Rango, which was his best movie in a while. It's also the only one that's super recent where he actually has an arc. I think a major problem is, when the first Pirates came out, he was kind of a supporting character that took center stage. And people kept following and diluting that formula thinking "Okay, Johnny Depp will play some kind of weird mentor figure, leaving someone greener to do all the dramatic heavy lifting", to the point where he's pretty much playing someone's zany furniture. (Taken to literal levels with Lone Ranger)

Skyblade

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:37 pm

Just yesterday I was thinking to myself that Johnny Depp now has become the kind of actor he was trying so desperately to avoid back in the 21 Jump Street days: cliched, mainstream/blockbuster guy.
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  epudom Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:04 pm

Of all the big male stars of his generation, he seems to be the one coasting the most. I mean Cage does seem to pick whatever project is offered to him but every now and then he gets it right. Cruise keeps on trying, bless him. And Clooney and Pitt have used the star power to get into the production side and chose mostly interesting work. A decade ago I would've expected Depp to be up there with them, but he's gone for the easy money of the likes of Jack Sparrow.
epudom
epudom

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:19 pm

Islands don't pay for themselves.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:23 pm

The island thing, plus I don't think Depp cares about making interesting movies (if he ever did?). He wants to wear a fake nose or put a bird on his head, and play with his friends (Tim Burton and Helena Bonham Carter, mostly). Also, I am pretty sure for the past decade thereabouts he's had a raging alcohol problem which probably doesn't help things. And the last not-wearing-a-stupid-thing-on-his-face-movie he made, Public Enemies, wasn't bad because of him (thought it was bad).

I say this as someone who loves Johnny Depp, but had virtually no desire to see The Lone Ranger. I will watch Pirates of the Caribbean 918: Jumping the Shark in a instant, though.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:34 pm

Now I desperately want to see Pirates of the Caribbean: Sharknado Bay. May some ambitious YouTuber edit clips to make this happen.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:36 pm

He mentioned in his rolling stone interview he's sober now so that's good. I think at one point he most definitely cared. Most of his movies pre pirates were divergent in quality but they were almost all ambitious and interesting. I don't think Johnny Depp as he is currently would do something like Donnie Brasco. He dropped out of an interesting sounding Whitey Bulger film because they wouldn't give him twenty million.

But like I said I am interested in his upcoming non Burton films because he's Johnny Depp and I want him to be good again.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:57 pm

I still think he can definitely do great work, and I do tend to get a laugh out of the movies of his I've seen, but he really does seem more interested in playing dress up with Tim Burton ad nauseam, which is sad.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  katesti Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:30 pm

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:14 am

It's been schtick for years, but his schtick still amuses tons of people though so that's why he gets away with it.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:23 am

Didn't Depp say that the Rum Diary performed poorly at the box office due to audiences being too dumb? How could it be dumb to avoid a bunch of Hunter S Thompson fanboys.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next