Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stars I Hate

+90
Lurker
jstilwe
The Glen
themis
year of the cat
Paris, Texas
puddingcup
Wildog27
epudom
Skyblade
Snarryfan
BloozyTunes
Morning Angel
Sheli
MLIS
Coneycat
gannetguts
Binky
Never Enough
Red Wolf
Raksha
Swarley
slmader
salamandersam
Genevieve
caerbannog
Lily Rose
curryalley
lisa
eco
dinahmoe
Evil Lincoln
mayram
particle_person
Agent Sculder
Pop'n'Fresh
katha
QueenSix
Grainne Mhaol
bbridges
bookworm
Rhilin
Matinee
katesti
dreago
mandalaya
nikita
sagitare
punzy
Carrie Ann
sen3
easybreezy
bosoxgirl
dionneshea
Jude
punkysdilemma
blooey
Unlucky Bear
Decca
sunni94
Putli Bai
TiffanyNichelle
PrincessCleo
Cutebutpsycho
laddical
Raised by wolves
The Dude
Melk
whatthedeuce
Jasmine
Poubelle
ariadne
swsa
Cynara
biakbiak
Instant Monkeys
big chicken
blixie
inversed
Kiran
ActonBell
jcpdiesel21
queenofdenile
naughty zoot
Eris Rising
Miss Moneypenny
maxell131313
Crowbridge
tothemax
mokey75
94 posters

Page 11 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

Stars I Hate - Page 11 Empty Re: Stars I Hate

Post  Poubelle Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:38 pm

That might be judgey, but it's a very logical judginess.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:15 am

The reigning King of this thread, Chris Brown deletes his twitter following a feud with the comedy writer Jenny Johnson following a back and forth:

Jenny Johnson ‏@JennyJohnsonHi5
I know! Being a worthless piece of shit can really age a person. RT @chrisbrown: I look old as fuck! I'm only 23...

biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:14 am

I've never heard of her before, but now I think I love her!

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  eco Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:26 pm

Aaaaaand...the first bunch of comments I saw on that E! story are all standing up for Chris Brown and telling off Jenny Johnson for cyber-bullying and stalking. Oooookay, then.

eco

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:35 pm

That isn't new sadly. His fans attack anytime he is being called out. Whats most distressing to me is how many of them are young women. And how many say things like "I'd let him hit me!"
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  eco Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:40 pm

That is so disturbing and disgusting that I kind of want to puke. WTH is wrong with those girls? He didn't just slap Rihanna in the face (although that is also not ok), he BEAT HER UNTIL SHE WAS UNCONSCIOUS. And then was not at all apologetic. This is documented. I don't understand how people could be so messed up that they think this is totally acceptable behavior, and it makes me sick to think about how they think it's normal behavior.

eco

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:42 pm

My answer as always is the patriarchy.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:04 pm

Kiran wrote:My answer as always is the patriarchy.
It's true, although I kind of hate that word because it makes me feel like someone signed me up to be a member of a club I never wanted to be a part of.
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:11 pm

They did.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:12 pm

I can opt out, though.
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:29 pm

I don't think that's possible.

ETA: I, of course, don't mean you personally. Privilege is something you're born with. People will always treat you differently because you are a white male, regardless of what you think. The same way that I'm treated differently as a white woman. I may want to be treated fairly, but honestly that's not going to happen.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:51 pm

Nah, I didn't mean privilege, I meant I don't have to endorse Chris Brown's crap because I was born a guy. I know that I can't know what's like to be in Rihanna's position.
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  Never Enough Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:51 pm

From US Weekly's online article about the Twitter fued:

One of Brown's final tweets before deleting his profile on Sunday night: "Just ask Rihanna if she mad????"

I mean, that says it all. Rihanna comes from a family and culture that accepts men hitting women and everyone looking the other way. She recently tweeted a picture of him shirtless, asleep in her bed (they apparantly spent Thanksgiving together). So, she's pretty much forgiven him. Chris has no reason to think he did anything wrong when Rihanna has chosen to be with him again. Honestly, I think she only pulled away from him as much as she did because of the media attention, and now that enough time has passed is doing as she always wanted.

Never Enough

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:25 pm

Why is Brown so adamant about proving he's a total dickhead? All his bullshit tweets and juvenile responses to people's anger towards him (BECAUSE HE KNOCKED HIS GIRLFRIEND AROUND TIL SHE LOST CONSCIOUSNESS) merely prove how dismissive of an unapologetic he is of that violent incident and the pain through which he put his ex/now-current-again girlfriend.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:53 pm

You know, regardless of Rihanna's current feelings for him, I bet her feelings about the time he beat her unconsciousness and left her knocked out in a public place with little to no regard for her life (I said then and still think he fled because he thought she might be dead)...are not happiness and light. Probably closer to the 'mad' end of the spectrum.

Also, it doesn't matter if she's mad or not. Humans as a species are mad about that behavior.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:00 am

Last edited by particle_person on Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  gannetguts Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:17 am

Note to self: Never trust a Sean.

gannetguts

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:21 am

I've learned from work that I also want to avoid Henrys. The ones I know are kinda cray cray. But not at all famous.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:01 am

Oh god, I misread that last item as Tommy Lee Jones pleaded no contest to beating Pamela Anderson in 1998 and wondered how I managed to miss that they were an item. Sorry, TLJ.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:09 am

Dude, I had the exact same reaction! I was like "When did TLJ ever beat a spouse? And he was married to a Baywatch actress?!" And then I saw Pam's name and realized my mistake.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:30 am

particle_person wrote:What I'm getting from this list is that 1 in 4 assholes is a Sean. (via GannetGuts on Twitter)

That note at the end of the list kind of pisses me off, with its tone of "see how we've been brainwashed to think of only Chris Brown as a dickhead abuser!"

No, sweetie. I knew about all those other cases, and feel hatred for them as well. That doesn't mean Chris Brown isn't also a dick, in addition to spending pretty much every minute since the crime doing whatever he can to reinforce his status as an unapologetic sociopath.

Also, Harry Morgan gets some points for completing six months of court-ordered treatment for anger and abuse issues, even though he might have tried to play the "too old to change" card. Which is a fuckload more than Chris Brown will ever do.

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:47 am

Coneycat wrote:
particle_person wrote:What I'm getting from this list is that 1 in 4 assholes is a Sean. (via GannetGuts on Twitter)

That note at the end of the list kind of pisses me off, with its tone of "see how we've been brainwashed to think of only Chris Brown as a dickhead abuser!"

No, sweetie. I knew about all those other cases, and feel hatred for them as well. That doesn't mean Chris Brown isn't also a dick, in addition to spending pretty much every minute since the crime doing whatever he can to reinforce his status as an unapologetic sociopath.

Also, Harry Morgan gets some points for completing six months of court-ordered treatment for anger and abuse issues, even though he might have tried to play the "too old to change" card. Which is a fuckload more than Chris Brown will ever do.

Agreed. Chris Brown comes to mind predominantly because the incident was so public (and the image just horrifying), and he was so unapologetic.

Seeing that about Harry Morgan broke my heart a little.

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  MLIS Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:44 am

Yeah, I'm not horrified by what Chris Brown did because he's black. I'm horrified because what he did was horrific. And because he has shown no remorse.

MLIS

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:08 pm

MLIS wrote:Yeah, I'm not horrified by what Chris Brown did because he's black. I'm horrified because what he did was horrific. And because he has shown no remorse.
Wait, who said people are only horrified about Brown because of race? I admit I didn't read my link beyond the listed names and what they did/were alleged to do. *going back to reread*

Hm. I think the note at the end was about media portrayal (and is probably right about that, too) not necessarily all public reaction, much less of people here.
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:27 pm

I honestly think with work and a willingness to change that some abusers can alter their behavior. It is the ones who are unapologetic and keep repeating the same cycle over and over again that make me so mad.

Like wasn't Gary Oldman an alcoholic for years and years? That doesn't excuse his behavior, but a sober life seems to have helped him.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next