Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who

+44
LadyGayle
salamandersam
Crackie
Rhilin
Melk
Corvus
MichiSichi
snorf
Mulva
mrinsouciance
Author By Night
dday515
Shalamar
big chicken
jensa
lisaslobe
Wilhelmina
Tabby
Pop'n'Fresh
mandalaya
Evil Lincoln
epudom
Snarker
Red Wolf
Genevieve
RiverThames
nazlan
Gallifrey Girl
Putli Bai
punzy
Cutebutpsycho
Scarlettfish
Esseilte
ActonBell
dionneshea
SarahJanet
QueenSix
bbridges
laddical
tothemax
allochthonous
Raksha
Eris Rising
Luthien
48 posters

Page 8 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

Doctor Who - Page 8 Empty Re: Doctor Who

Post  Cutebutpsycho Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:32 pm

I sniffled at that too. It was so sweet and achingly sad, but wonderful.

And am I crazy for wanting older Ponds meeting Canton in the 1960s and then doing something like Men in Black?
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  jensa Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:54 pm

I really wish they would have added that to the end. It would have brought it all back full circle to Blink.
jensa
jensa

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:05 pm

And am I crazy for wanting older Ponds meeting Canton in the 1960s and then doing something like Men in Black?

No. I would be all over that spin-off.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:42 am

BBC Radio 4 Extra is airing an audio adventure called Cobwebs with the Fifth Doctor, Tegan, Turlough, and Nyssa. The episodes are available online for 7 days after they've aired. And keep your eyes peeled, because the last time they started airing audio adventures, they ended up playing about 4 or 5 entire serials!
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  allochthonous Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:05 am

Children in need minisode (minisodes are cool!) and Christmas trailerare up! I must say that Christmastime appears to have been particularly perilous in Victorian London.

"I've declared war on the MOON!". I've been crossing my fingers for the return of these aprticular characters - I think this is going to be good.
allochthonous
allochthonous

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:10 pm

That made me very happy. I'm sold on Clara (and intrigued despite myself), Smith seems to have added another layer of depth to his portrayal of The Doctor, and both the comedy and the drama hit all of the right notes. Now I have to wait ANOTHER three months, give or take.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:04 pm

I was driving to Target for some dusting supplies when the thought popped into my head--Clara Oswin Oswald is a Petrova doppleganger.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:28 pm

I really enjoyed that Christmas special. The last few have been okay but this one really hit the heights of enjoyment equal to The Christmas Invasion for me. I've even watched it three times so far and I only watched last year's special when it aired and that was it.

Clara was very nicely done. I liked her sass and I thought it was interesting to have the Doctor say how he never chooses the companions, he just knows when it's them. It was a nice twist on it. Matt Smith goes from strength to strength as the Doctor and he and Jenna-Louise Coleman had a really nice dynamic together.

I am really looking forward to the new series now.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:35 am

I like Clara, and how smart she is. I also love and desire her dresses. Spoiler tags just in case!
Spoiler:

I am still waiting for Madam Vastra and wife: Victorian detectives.

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:46 am

I'm glad Moff clarified that, because I got a strange vibe off them in "A Good Man Goes to War", what with the human girl (Jenny?) seeming to be Vastra's servant. It gave the relationship a power imbalance I didn't like.

And yes, I think I could do with an episode or two about them.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:12 pm

Unconfirmed reports say that Matt Smith will be leaving after the Christmas special.

EDIT: I should note that The Sun has not proven itself to be the most reliable source of information in the past, but it seemed worth bringing up.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:47 pm

I really can't handle this right now. I had this bizarre dream last night that made me sad all over again about the loss of the Ponds - not like I'm crippled with grief about it, but in the dream the feeling was really intensified. And I don't want to say good-bye to Matt, too.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:35 pm

I can see him leaving, though. It will have been four seasons plus various specials, and he's already doing some film work. I will miss Matt, otoh I think by then it will be time for some fresh blood.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:56 pm

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:04 pm

Four? I count three. His first that ended with the Pandorica and last season with the Wedding of River Song and now this one. The Ponds last five episodes and Clara's first eight are part of the same season.

Which doesn't change your underlying point - barring his year of special episodes, Tennant only did three seasons, too. It just doesn't feel like it's been that long with Matt, though, and he really is MY Doctor - I'd be thrilled for at least one full season of him and Clara before another change.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:03 pm

No Captain Jack for 50th Anniversary Celebrations.

That's a pity. I much prefer the DW incarnation of Jack than the Torchwood one. He's more fun and, despite Barrowman saying that he found David Tennant easier to work with, I always thought he and Nine had the better on-screen relationship.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:52 pm

That article said that David Tennant hasn't been contacted yet to be part of the 50th anniversary show. WTF?
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:22 pm

I think that there's a huge amount of lying going on, like what they did with Rose's return, but in spades.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Pop'n'Fresh Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:51 pm

David Tennant pretty much admitted he had been approached in a red carpet interview last year, and was hinting madly in interviews, so either things have changed, or he's massively backtracking.

Pop'n'Fresh

Back to top Go down

Post  Pop'n'Fresh Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:20 am

Sorry for the double post, but DWM officially confirmed today that David and Billie will both be appearing in the 50th Special.

Pop'n'Fresh

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:02 am

Dear writers,

Please no Doctor-companion romance, and ease off on the flirting. Its been done. So much.

Thanks!

I liked this episode, though some of it felt too long (Doctor going through Clara's stuff) and some felt rushed.

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:37 am

Quite enjoyable all the way around.

I did like the fact that the book that Clara's charge was reading was written by Amy Williams, and the further fourth-wall nudge that while she was only on chapter Ten, "Once you get to Eleven, you'll cry". Or something like that. Moffat isn't just a bastard, he knows that we know that he's a bastard, and he's teasing us with that.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:44 pm

I enjoyed it, but similar to Amy Pond, I won't have flirting companions. Besides, he's a married man. Which made me wonder if maybe the woman in the shop who gave Oswin the Tardis phone number was River.

I loved that the book was written by Amelia Williams. I really do miss Amy and Rory. It doesn't feel right without them. Also, I don't understand why the Tardis looks different. It didn't blow up or anything again, so why is it all new? All that being said, I really did like it. And look forward to seeing more of the Great Intelligence.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:06 pm

Sometimes when you get depressed you just need to redecorate? And go shopping for a new coat!

I did not catch that Amy wrote the book! Aw. I miss Amy and Rory. I did wonder about the woman in the shop who gave Clara the TARDIS's number, River would be a good option.

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:06 pm

I did not expect to see Richard E. Grant again, so that was a definite surprise. A pleasant one.

I don't mind flirty companions, but as you say, he's a married man. River's coming back later this season, so hopefully we'll find out that yes, she was the "woman in the shop". Either that or it was old Amy taking a holiday in the old stomping grounds.

I wonder if it'd be too much to hope that the Doctor will cross paths with Brian and Anthony.

I don't get BBCA anymore, so I did a Season Pass on Amazon. Don't know how I'd missed the short bit with Strax, Jenny, and Lady Vastra (was that her name?). "Don't you need a man one?" "No." "Am I the man one?" "NO!" "So... pretty dresses, you say?"

Sometimes when you get depressed you just need to redecorate? And go shopping for a new coat!

I don't know if it's a causal relationship, but I live with clinical depression and even medicated I find it necessary to completely rearrange the house every ten months or so.

And I covet his new coat. And I'm not even a fan of purple.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum