Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guess Who Don't Sue

+117
winncienzo
Wildog27
Coneycat
SarahJanet
tiller
maxell131313
Dachelle
Pop'n'Fresh
AWMalory
laurelin_kit
harvey the penguin
TheSummerHealey
epudom
eco
Rhilin
slmader
lisa
Carrie Ann
Jordan Baker
The Dude
Red Wolf
nikita
Lis
P.D. Noosh
choubetcha
Evil Lincoln
MLIS
Luciano
DarkSpork
Gilraen
themis
Jamie
bosoxgirl
mandalaya
Gallifrey Girl
Francie Nolan
Cheetara
VodouDoll
Jude
Fraoch
oxymoron
Lady V
mokey75
sobe
Raksha
Bad Username
punkysdilemma
FantasmaLexsi
lisalars
TiffanyNichelle
Paris, Texas
eventide82
arol
grayel
Betty Madrid
sagitare
Decca
lil d
dinahmoe
Cynara
naughty zoot
punzy
Poubelle
Auroura76
Raised by wolves
Esme
mialoubug
wenchsenior
Never Enough
SpecialLily
year of the cat
Matinee
bbridges
mrinsouciance
The Lady of Shalott
Genevieve
LadyGayle
BreezyK
Instant Monkeys
dreago
swsa
Shadowlass
Cutebutpsycho
laddical
QueenSix
PrincessCleo
Crowbridge
emrie
Eris Rising
big chicken
ActonBell
Miss Moneypenny
Heather
dionneshea
killershrew
The Glen
biakbiak
inversed
Lily Rose
two shoes
queenofdenile
Binky
Morning Angel
bookworm
roly
mayram
Kiran
tothemax
katesti
Jasmine
whatthedeuce
Jessica
Arabella
blooey
puddingcup
Unlucky Bear
blixie
121 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Guess Who Don't Sue - Page 17 Empty Re: Guess Who Don't Sue

Post  Matinee Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:55 pm

I agree that Franco is too much of a free wheeling stoner to fit that description. I think of him as less pretentious and more of a dilettante, though one who keeps just adding interests rather than flitting between them.

That actually reminds me that I heard of a vague second-hand Franco meeting recently and that he was pretty friendly and down-to-earth. Second-hand info, though.

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:56 pm

What about Michael Pitt? She's done a surprising number of columns on him for someone so relatively C-list. And she does seem to find him a pretentious pain in the ass.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:17 pm

Also, she tends to fixate on actors she finds pretty, like Michael Pitt.

Lainey has really been infuriating me lately with some of her pretentious comments, but starting a thread on her to complain would probably be overdoing it, right?
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  BreezyK Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:21 pm

I'd LOVE a thread to discuss not just Lainey, but like all online gossip mavens. Or maybe even just gossip rags in general - US Weekly, People, Lainey, ONTD, etc. Either here or in Lit/Multimedia, I'd guess.

BreezyK

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:24 pm

Lainey has really been infuriating me lately with some of her pretentious comments, but starting a thread on her to complain would probably be overdoing it, right?

Nope she's a total asshole, my favorite today being her opening jibe at fan fiction and then she proceeds to actually write GOOP/Kate Moss fan fic in the same column. Bitch Please.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:29 pm

She used to write Brad/Angie fanfic back in the day too. And Sarah/cinesnark, her little helper, used to be big in the Twilight fandom, maintaining a Kristen Stewart twitter and posting weekly fanfic recs. So yeah, that's a sparkly glass house she's in.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:34 pm

Okay I started a Gossip thread in Lit/Multi Media, so have at!

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:04 pm

Miss Moneypenny wrote:From Lainey:

Both are acclaimed actors. One’s an actor you find super cute. He’s popular and adorable, like dimples and old fashioned dresses. The other’s an actor I find super gross. And dramatic. And full of his own sh-t. He fronts like he’s dark. He’s difficult. The work is often beneath him. The work is often taken away from him because the attitude that it is beneath him is so often intolerable The two had a torrid affair. Which is nothing unusual, of course not. Except that dimples broke up with drama and drama practically had a psychotic break. There was a month-long spiral. A couple of times he came close to really hurting himself. He also threatened to expose them both, though no one is taking that seriously. As a result, his heartbreaker is trying, ignorantly, to go back to the other side of his bisexuality.

I'm not familiar enough with Lainey to know who she finds super gross, but I always love a good dramatic break-up! Any ideas?

Although I wouldn't call him 'acclaimed,' (though I do like him as an actor) I instantly thought of Shia LeBeouf, mostly by the 'fronts' description. I have no idea if he's allegedly difficult to work with.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:02 pm

She recently said that Shia Lebeouf was still calling Carey Mulligan so I don't think its him.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:44 pm

blixie wrote:

Nope she's a total asshole, my favorite today being her opening jibe at fan fiction and then she proceeds to actually write GOOP/Kate Moss fan fic in the same column. Bitch Please.

I read all of her columns in an imperious, faux-upper-class accent, as though she's looking down her nose at us as she's deigning to grace us with her awesome gossip knowledge. Makes her way more entertaining.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:08 pm

Miss Moneypenny wrote:
blixie wrote:

I read all of her columns in an imperious, faux-upper-class accent, as though she's looking down her nose at us as she's deigning to grace us with her awesome gossip knowledge. Makes her way more entertaining.

That makes a lot of sense, considering how she loves to throw in a bit of French at the end of sentences, non? It makes me mentally eye roll when she does it.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  killershrew Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:17 am

Haven't seen this one from BuzzFoto yet:

You’ll never see this C list television actress in a sleeveless shirt or a tank top. She tells people that she covers up her arms for religious reasons, but it’s because she’s a cutter and has been for years. She has many scars on the insides of her arms.

The first person who came to my mind was Mayim Bialik, because when she was on "What Not to Wear" one of the challenges was her adherence to tznius, but there are recent pictures of her (including the one on her Wikipedia page) with her arms showing. Anyone got an idea?
killershrew
killershrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:40 am

One’s an actor you find super cute. He’s popular and adorable, like dimples and old fashioned dresses

I actually think JGL is a great guess for this -- both the "adorable" and "old fashioned dresses" could read as Zooey Deschanel refs, and they were of course in 500 Days of Summer Together. I've heard elsewhere that he's gay. And he's very dimpled.
Jessica
Jessica

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:49 pm

She recently said that Shia Lebeouf was still calling Carey Mulligan so I don't think its him.

Wouldn't that make it sound MORE like him? The BI says that the one guy is trying really hard to go back to the other side of his bisexuality, which this seems to fit. I thought of Shia, too.

Ryan Phillippe didn't quit his pilot because TV is beneath him. It's because he just did Damages and didn't think he could sustain the schedule of another TV show that might go longer than 13 episodes.

Heather

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:21 pm

The BI says that the one guy is trying really hard to go back to the other side of his bisexuality,

Well she gets goofy with her pronouns but I'm pretty sure it's dimples, the "heartbreaker" who is, "ignorantly" going back to his bisexuality, because in Lainey-verse there are no real bisexuals. I can totally see JGL being bi and therefore dimples, and I can totally see Michael Pitt as the diva skeeve who had something taken away from him, but I can't see them actually *together* so it must either be Pitt/different Dimples or JGL and a different Jerk.

ETA: Ooh maybe Emile Hirsch for the bitter jerk, Lainey hates his ass, and I can more readily see Emile/JGL hanging out than JGL/Pitt.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:29 pm

That's what I thought too. And Shia wouldn't fit for heartbreaker.

That is a good guess. I can actually see JGL being bi. He was with his hipster girlfriend for a while, and then reports of no one for a while, so the timing seems to fit too.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:12 pm

JGL had a hipster girlfriend? Huh? When was this?

I can also see him as bi.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:10 pm

She was a dancer. She was on the Glee tour for a while, and she had a tumblr called paintyhands. She was in a bunch of his HitRecord stuff too. I only learned about her from ONTD.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:48 pm

I remember people badmouthing her at some JGL community at LJ pretty much just because she was his girlfriend. I didn't even know she existed until then.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:37 am

whatthedeuce wrote:I remember people badmouthing her at some JGL community at LJ pretty much just because she was his girlfriend.
I wish I were surprised by this. I guess if JGL is bi, at least any boyfriend of his won't have to deal with the internet hatred.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:41 am

It doesn't matter who the woman is. If people want to bang the actor they will turn on her. Hell, Emma Stone was probably as close to universally liked as you can get and people have turned on her.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:00 am

There's an Emma Stone backlash? I had no idea. What is there to dislike about the lady besides the fact that she's lucky enough to date Andrew Garfield. Oh wait, that's reason enough on the internet, isn't it?

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:07 am

They are clearly fake, etc. But in that case you'd think they'd both be getting the hate, but its all centered on her for the most part. Which makes sense with the internets. And I mean of course they are fake. The reason they may be photographed more then they were with their previous significant others could never be because they are both much more famous now, and are both definitely more famous then a Culkin brother and Sabrina from Raising Hope.

Internet logic. Also there are the people who are convinced shes an evil succubus who seduced Andrew Garfield away from Jesse Eisenberg or something.

Anyway, as much as I could rant on about internet celebrity misogyny all night long, I think the Emile Hirsch guess is a good one too. Lainey really really hates him.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:09 am

Poubelle wrote:
whatthedeuce wrote:I remember people badmouthing her at some JGL community at LJ pretty much just because she was his girlfriend.
I wish I were surprised by this. I guess if JGL is bi, at least any boyfriend of his won't have to deal with the internet hatred.
I never even thought of that, but that's so true...and sad. The girlfriend gets attacked and called every name under the sun, but a boyfriend is just fine. I will never ever understand that.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:05 am

I don't think Andrew/Emma are fake, but I think they've engaged in some really cheesy photo ops that two actors of their fame/talent really don't need to sink to.

Anyway, Lainey's ruled out the following.
Franco - NOT dark

Eddie Redmayne - NOT dimples

Matthew Morrison - NOT dimples

Jake Gyllenhaal has nothing to do with the blind
The Matthew Morrison guess? Really? Peoples' minds go to some places I would never expect, hee. Also, her Jake G. answer KILLS me. She is SO defensive over the gay rumors around him. She's not even going to play around with that guess, okay?
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next