Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

+75
Crowbridge
mokey75
oxymoron
Amy Pond
punzy
mayram
Snarryfan
Shadowlass
Morning Angel
whatthedeuce
Rhilin
punkysdilemma
winncienzo
mrmoo
laddical
Raksha
particle_person
katha
inversed
siboney
LadyGayle
Arabella
dionneshea
maxell131313
blooey
sobe
Carrie Ann
Jordan Baker
Red Wolf
mandalaya
Putli Bai
Poubelle
The Glen
Cutebutpsycho
Never Enough
big chicken
MLIS
TiffanyNichelle
bbridges
VodouDoll
bookworm
Tabby
dinahmoe
katesti
Count_Bloodcount
QueenSix
lisalars
philophobe
sagitare
Gillian
mialoubug
Matinee
year of the cat
Heather
Pop'n'Fresh
Instant Monkeys
biakbiak
Unlucky Bear
Lily Rose
sweetle
PrincessCleo
19uses
Jessica
Eris Rising
bosoxgirl
puddingcup
killershrew
Miss Moneypenny
Jude
Kiran
ActonBell
BreezyK
Esme
swsa
blixie
79 posters

Page 13 of 38 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 25 ... 38  Next

Go down

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns - Page 13 Empty Re: Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

Post  Miss Moneypenny Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:18 pm

swsa wrote:Since I bitch about her 95% of the time, I'll give Lainey some credit and say that her post on Leonardo DiCaprio and Julia Roberts at the Globes is the kind of thing that made me start reading her column in the first place. Catty and funny and slipping in some not so subtle gossip about Miranda Kerr's wandering eye. She's so much more fun to read when she's talking about people she doesn't seem to be personally invested in.

Except I don't think the Kerr-Blooms were at the ceremony, just the afterparty. At least that's the only place Getty has pictures of them. Not that I doubt Miranda is looking to trade up, but Lainey wrote a whole paragraph like they were at the ceremony when...they weren't.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns - Page 13 Empty Re: Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

Post  maxell131313 Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:21 pm

I saw them on E! during the red carpet pre-show going through the press line so they were there. Maybe they didn't stay for the whole thing?
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:37 pm

Yeah, I think they just didn't get much camera time because...why would they? But really she was just slipping in a reveal about the couple where the wife has been sleeping around on him, including with Leo.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:43 pm

maxell131313 wrote:I saw them on E! during the red carpet pre-show going through the press line so they were there. Maybe they didn't stay for the whole thing?

Wow, that is weird that they did press but not the red carpet since I'd think that would be the best spot for cruising for a replacement husband. Poor Orlando.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:14 pm

Can someone put him in a movie? I have this bizarre fondness for him and feel bad hes being played.

But yes that was why I started reading Lainey.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:50 pm

You guys I'm worried Nicholas Hoult. Lainey is beginning to fixate on him. Also I'm beginning to worry for Jennifer Lawrence if they get back together.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:31 pm

I think Jennifer will be fine. You can already sense Lainey pulling away and only insisting she still adores her in order to prove her "objectivity" when she starts to go after her subtly.

Hoult is in trouble though. Look to Jim Sturgess and Taylor Kitsch and be careful!
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:41 pm

I meant more I worry if they get back together because of how obsessive Lainey is starting to get about Hoult. I can see her backlashing on Lawrence fast.

Also I ...her Britney piece hit a nerve with me today. By all accounts Britney is still being monitored and under her father's care. I think its a bit much and soon to be declaring that the head shaving days are back.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:26 pm

Lainey's Ethan Hawke column cracked me up. But I am proud to say that I would NOT.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:35 pm

I had to feel her on that. And I wouldn't either...but I say with that hair....if he went back to just looking vaguely rodent like I probably would.

I hate myself.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:09 pm

Which movie is she referring to? The only one I found him vaguely attractive in was Reality Bites. And I have no idea why. As an adult I recognize he was such a tool in it, and yet...
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:18 pm

RB is his Troy Dyer character. I found him sleazy and roly poly in it. I actually would hit it with him like he looks now. I have Billy Idol problems. Also Before Sunset is one of my favorite romantic movies of all time. His skill was always in being both a total asshole and yet completely dreamy.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:21 pm

Yeah, Before Sunset and Dead Poets Society are my fave Hawkes.

And eeesh, I just realized Before Midnight is coming out soon, and I really hope his grossness is at a digestible level in it, because however douchey he is, I'll forever love Jesse and Celine.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:01 pm

swsa wrote:Lainey's Ethan Hawke column cracked me up. But I am proud to say that I would NOT.
Oh my god, he looks so ridiculous. I actually burst out laughing when I saw the pictures.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:08 pm

There needs to be a warning posted on that link for that picture! He looks like a male crackhead version of Anne Burrell.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:57 pm

Lainey's Rooney Mara piece is like the definition of reaching. There are things Rooney's said that I've eye-rolled over (dissing L&O:SVU, acting like being in Nightmare on Elm Street was such a CHORE), but the vast majority of this interview is fairly benign. I mean, “I love him. He’s very quiet and thoughtful, and we just instantly got along.” is really NOT a comment that has to be scanned for ego and hypocrisy. And the few quotes that are annoying are basically slightly more polite versions of what KStew says in every interview.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:03 pm

I was scratching my head over that post, because Lainey seems to have so much hatred and vituperation towards Rooney for the very same qualities she seems to adore in KStew. And I say this as somebody who's not a Rooney Mara fan.

ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  BreezyK Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:40 pm

How did I never know that What Goes Around is about Elisha Cuthbert? I always thought it was more along the lines of Cry Me A River and about Britney!

BreezyK

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:51 pm

Okay, 1) No WAY is Alex one of the best characters on Happy Endings. I mean, I like her and all, but...no. 2) What? Was it really canceled? I know its odds aren't great, but I didn't think it was officially canceled yet?
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:57 pm

Ha that was the part I was mad about. When did HE get cancelled? I know people have said it's all but a done deal, but I still want to know for fact the deal was done!

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:06 pm

It hasn't been officially cancelled but earlier this week is was pulled from next week and no return date was given, though today announced it would be back the first week of March.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:37 pm

Shawn Hatosy plays Sean Avery in that video! Its entertaining to me.

That being said I'm not sure I really like Dean's column. But that may be because he was my least favorite on five gays, one girl, and I always just wanted him to take a shower and stop talking about how open relationships were better.

I'm not a fan of Rooney Mara either and yes that piece was reaching. I'm thinking it may be for the same reasons shes cooled down to Jennifer Lawrence lately. She has the career Kristen Stewart could have. Oscar nomination, Terrence Malick, lead in the new Soderbergh movie thats getting very good reviews, etc. And shes also that same dark waify type.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:24 pm

I'm not sure if the Daily Fail really counts as a gossip site, but I just had to vent somewhere about their obsession with Katherine Webb, aka the Alabama quarterback's girlfriend who got lots of camera time at the BCS Title Game. Either Brent Musburger is secretly a Daily Mail editor in his spare time, or they are on her payroll, because the Fail is a constant source of "news" about her. Granted, Katherine Webb is infinitely less creepy to see and hear about than Courtney Stodden and whatshisface, but hey, can we wait for the season premiere of Celebrity Diving Splash before crowning her the next big thing?

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  sobe Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:30 am

The degree to which Celebitchy posters fawn over the Jolie-Pitt children creeps me out. The trolls that come into snark on the kids are bad, too, but the prevailing sentiment seems to be adoration. There have been times when i've wanted to pinch the cheeks on Harper Beckham or Louis Bullock, but the effusiveness in the JP posts gives me the wiggins.

sobe

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:50 am

I am most worried that the main writer couldn't determine that that was a heart stamp on Zahara's face and not a massive bruise.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 38 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 25 ... 38  Next