Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

+75
Crowbridge
mokey75
oxymoron
Amy Pond
punzy
mayram
Snarryfan
Shadowlass
Morning Angel
whatthedeuce
Rhilin
punkysdilemma
winncienzo
mrmoo
laddical
Raksha
particle_person
katha
inversed
siboney
LadyGayle
Arabella
dionneshea
maxell131313
blooey
sobe
Carrie Ann
Jordan Baker
Red Wolf
mandalaya
Putli Bai
Poubelle
The Glen
Cutebutpsycho
Never Enough
big chicken
MLIS
TiffanyNichelle
bbridges
VodouDoll
bookworm
Tabby
dinahmoe
katesti
Count_Bloodcount
QueenSix
lisalars
philophobe
sagitare
Gillian
mialoubug
Matinee
year of the cat
Heather
Pop'n'Fresh
Instant Monkeys
biakbiak
Unlucky Bear
Lily Rose
sweetle
PrincessCleo
19uses
Jessica
Eris Rising
bosoxgirl
puddingcup
killershrew
Miss Moneypenny
Jude
Kiran
ActonBell
BreezyK
Esme
swsa
blixie
79 posters

Page 12 of 38 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25 ... 38  Next

Go down

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns - Page 12 Empty Re: Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

Post  Kiran Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:35 pm

Yeah, his previous dating/engagement history makes me hope that one is not true. ScarJo and Alanis didn't really power down when they were with him.

I think its more then likely that whats been stated is true. Savages was supposed to be way bigger for her then it was and now shes reassessing. I think she'd do well to follow the young Sandra Bullock model rather then what shes been doing (I love Sandra and think shes a great actress actually, I just meant the type of roles she took early). I do think she has charisma and some talent (I enjoy her in The Many Lives of Pippa Lee or whatever that movie was called and The Town), but she'd be better off I think trying to do rom coms and more supporting parts then try to compete with the Jennifer Lawrences and Carey Mulligans.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns - Page 12 Empty Re: Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

Post  swsa Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:08 pm

Jennifer Lawrence was originally signed on for Savages but had to drop out when she landed The Hunger Games. So yeah, it was a HIGHLY sought after role and was supposed to be huge for all three of the leads. I think the writing was on the wall that things didn't pan out the way they were supposed to when Aaron Johnson was suddenly too busy to make it to a majority of the premieres/press events surrounding it. He got the memo it wasn't going to happen, but Blake and Taylor Kitsch were left holding the bag. And neither have totally recovered (although Kitsch obviously has even MORE to try to downplay).
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:16 pm

Yeah Kitsch is reassessing too (hes the one I feel sorriest for actually, he was good in John Carter and the movie wasn't as bad as it was made out to be imo, and even though I think Aaron Johnson can act, Taylor Kitsch was the only one of that trio that gave anything resembling a good performance in that movie), and has two movies coming out, but they both seem a lot less box office and more prestige-y.

I can't believe I remember this but I think Savages was so hyped, that she turned down the Glinda role in The Great and Wonderful Oz for it.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:55 pm

Wow and I can see Glinda being perfect for Lively too. Dumb move.

I think the writing was on the wall that things didn't pan out the way they were supposed to when Aaron Johnson was suddenly too busy to make it to a majority of the premieres/press events surrounding it.

Heh. I would say the writing was on the wall when they hired Aaron Johnson. Fetch isn't happening. Also when they moved it from Fall to July, c'mon that's a clue it is skewing more pulpy breezy campy bad, not amazing Tarantino Oscar good.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:26 am

Miss Moneypenny wrote:
swsa wrote:
Heee. This quote from Stewart JUST came out and it's such a 180 from what Jen said, and so very Franco.

"You have this experience of reading something, and if you don’t bring it to life, you’re basically deleting it. Every day of shooting you’re depriving the world of having that. The responsibility is amazing."

Someone is going to have to run that through the KStew-to-English translator for me, because...jigga wha?
She never makes any sense. Truly, I think she just lets random words and sentence fragments pour out of her mouth, bypassing her brain altogether.

On the other hand, I love that quote by Jennifer Lawrence. Her I could be friends with.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:10 pm

No, Lainey, I'm pretty sure it WAS implausible that Jennifer Aniston and her fiance have been spending their vacation since Christmas screeching and have giant fights about whether Brangelina tied the knot. I think they are probably tanning and smoking weed.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:31 pm

Jude wrote:
Miss Moneypenny wrote:
swsa wrote:
Heee. This quote from Stewart JUST came out and it's such a 180 from what Jen said, and so very Franco.

"You have this experience of reading something, and if you don’t bring it to life, you’re basically deleting it. Every day of shooting you’re depriving the world of having that. The responsibility is amazing."

Someone is going to have to run that through the KStew-to-English translator for me, because...jigga wha?
She never makes any sense. Truly, I think she just lets random words and sentence fragments pour out of her mouth, bypassing her brain altogether.
"I'm SUPER important and I want you to think I am so smart."

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:49 pm

Seriously, I cannot with her still maintaining that there's some intense competition with these two couples. I think Brad and Angie are maybe a LITTLE busy with their 6 kids and various acting/directing/producing gigs, while Jen seems quite content with all her friends and Justin. Just move on, already.

Also, how did it escape Sarah's notice that Joseph Gordon-Levitt wants to be a movie star? Were Inception and Dark Knight Rises not enough of a sign?
My guess is that Lainey will have a translation for us today, and one that will likely gloss over or downplay what a pretentious tool she sounds like.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:01 pm

blixie wrote:Well it is CDAN, don't put too much stock in that item.

What are you saying?? That I must re-evaluate my belief system?? It's a bit much for the first week of January, but I'll try.

I've had to give up reading Lainey. I just scroll down to read the headlines when I do check out the site but she's really been getting my goat lately so I reckon it's easier to just not go there.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:07 pm

QueenSix wrote:
blixie wrote:Well it is CDAN, don't put too much stock in that item.

What are you saying?? That I must re-evaluate my belief system?? It's a bit much for the first week of January, but I'll try.

I've had to give up reading Lainey. I just scroll down to read the headlines when I do check out the site but she's really been getting my goat lately so I reckon it's easier to just not go there.

I've been reading her less, but now I'm once again stuck for a gossip site that doesn't need a banner flashing WE HATE WOMEN! at the top of the page.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:54 pm

DListed.

He hates them all and is hilarious about it.

I will say I loled really hard at Laineys freaked out of J.Lo using the term "Than the average bear". Lainey, shes not refering to her and her boyfriend calling each other bears, shes referencing Yogi Bear. Calm down.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  killershrew Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:01 am

I was coming here to suggest Dlisted too. The writer also has a funny self-deprecating air, such as "Replace the fancy bellman with the clerk at 7-Eleven and replace that fancy gold dress with a torn tank top and stained swim shorts, and that was me on New Year's Eve!" I think he is less misogynistic than many of the other gossip bloggers, including some of the female ones.
killershrew
killershrew

Back to top Go down

Post  blooey Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:44 pm

Dlisted is pretty much the only fun gossip site left. Everyone else is so serious these days, which is fairly ridiculous when you think about the topic. He uses a lot misogynistic language, which can be really jarring at first, but he's an equal opportunity offender.

He has, however, bought several months of unconditional affection from me for Saturday's Hot Sluts of the Day post, which features a blind dog and his cat companion. I love that he still takes time for the cute, fuzzy (and slutty?) animals.

blooey

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:46 pm

I think Ryan Lochte is dumb as hell, but Lainey's rant about him was a little OTT. Hes objectively a beautiful man and he won five medals at the olympics. Hes not pretending to be an athlete he is an athlete.

That and I think shes overestimitating the 50 shades of Grey movie. I think Eddie Redmayne was doing the polite I'D DEFINITLY CONSIDER IT BUTNOTREALLY that all actual established and rising actors have been doing. I think the only person that is actually going for that movie is Ian Somerhalder. Also since she likes Anthony Mackie and Nicholas Hoult, and I do too, why...would she want them to do that movie...its going to be not good.

My favorite Dlisted posts are the few times he lets himself fangirl over actual celebrities (not the randoms from our childhood we all have affection). Because he so rarely does it, its adorable. He did it today regarding David Bowie and he does it in Charlize Theron posts and I love that she won his affection by making an apple into a bong.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:27 pm

Also since she likes Anthony Mackie and Nicholas Hoult, and I do too, why...would she want them to do that movie...its going to be not good.

I like both of them too, which is why I would never want to see them in the 50 shades movies...I can't see them being anything other than a big old mess. I don't even know if they'd be successful financially the way the Twilight movies were.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:06 pm

I have a feeling its going to be a watered down cinemax type film starring CW actors. Basically as the Roommate was to Single White Female this will be to 8 and a half Weeks.

Like I highly doubt Eddie Redmanye and Katie Holmes in 50 Shades of Grey will EVER happen. Its going to be Jessica Stroup and Ian Somerhalder.

And its not going to be nearly as awesome as Cruel Intentions, tbh.

As it was Twilight was mostly unknowns. The most established of the young cast was Kristen Stewart and both she and Pattinson did it to work with Hardwicke, as did Nikki Reed the other unknown. Katie Holmes had a promising career once upon a time and she has a lot of cache right now for how she played her divorce, Eddie Redmayne had a big star making part in Les Mis, and Nicholas Hoult has a part in a franchise and has two potentially career making movies out this year. They don't need 50 shades of Grey.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:12 pm

(nevermind, should reload before I post)
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:41 pm

ActonBell wrote:
Also since she likes Anthony Mackie and Nicholas Hoult, and I do too, why...would she want them to do that movie...its going to be not good.

I like both of them too, which is why I would never want to see them in the 50 shades movies...I can't see them being anything other than a big old mess. I don't even know if they'd be successful financially the way the Twilight movies were.

Plus both of them have superhero franchises (Mackie is going to be in Captain America 2) so they have no need to raise their profile with a stunt project like that.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:11 pm

If she’s faking it, she’s doing the best job ever because God it feels real and I like her so much.

Right, last week Lainey argued JLaw was faking it to make it, and now she's endearingly for real. LORD. Also it's not particularly relevant that ZDT is weighter in the grand scheme of things, what matters is how difficult the part is, but Lainey has managed to explain she wasn't as good as Chastain and not as well liked as Nomes, so REALLY KStew has nothing to worry about, which is what's most important to remind her audience of.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:21 pm

I thought Jessica Chastain was fantastic, but I want to know in what world Jennifer Lawrence wasn't as good or her part as difficult? It was a romantic comedy yes, but I thought both her and Bradley Cooper did great jobs with VERY difficult characters. I just found that whole analysis so bizarre, her analyzing of the Academy voters too. Yes they can be staid but they vary in age. Denis Leary is an Academy Voter. So is Dakota Fanning. Also I love Naomi Watts, but aside from her, her movie isn't getting a lot of support. Whereas Jennifer Lawrence's got a lot of love. I mean really if she has to worry about anyone besides Chastain, I think its going to be Riva who is doing very well with the critics award and whose age has become a story in the same way Wallis' is.

Lainey's analysis of films is always biased though. She was actually trying to compare the possibility of Life of Pi winning to Crash. And that whole analysis was weird. I doubt Kristen Stewart and Jennifer Lawrence dislike each other, but friends? And "Kristen's time will come"? Really because I like her actually in independent films but ...really?

Last edited by Kiran on Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  year of the cat Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:25 pm

Wait, did the blind item about the action-movie star having an affair turn out to be KStew? Because Lainey swore it was Hathaway, and if her rabid fangirling blew up in her face for once that would be hillarable.
year of the cat
year of the cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:27 pm

I doubt it. That was very specifically worded to be about an actress and a very method actor.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:01 pm

I think she spent as much time reassuring her fellow KStew lovers today as she did talking about the actual nominees. For someone who was not in any way in the discussion as a possible nominee, it just looks extremely...odd.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:30 am

I think a lot of the KStew fans (and possibly Lainey?) were convinced that she had a shot at Best Supporting Actress for On The Road -- she did do a little bit of promotion/campaigning for the film in the last month. It was pretty ridiculous to see so much time spent reassuring people that KStew will win an Oscar one day...the Academy Awards can be unpredictable, I don't think there's any guarantees for anyone. Ten years ago I would have thought that Leo would have had an Oscar by now.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:57 pm

Since I bitch about her 95% of the time, I'll give Lainey some credit and say that her post on Leonardo DiCaprio and Julia Roberts at the Globes is the kind of thing that made me start reading her column in the first place. Catty and funny and slipping in some not so subtle gossip about Miranda Kerr's wandering eye. She's so much more fun to read when she's talking about people she doesn't seem to be personally invested in.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 38 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25 ... 38  Next