Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

+75
Crowbridge
mokey75
oxymoron
Amy Pond
punzy
mayram
Snarryfan
Shadowlass
Morning Angel
whatthedeuce
Rhilin
punkysdilemma
winncienzo
mrmoo
laddical
Raksha
particle_person
katha
inversed
siboney
LadyGayle
Arabella
dionneshea
maxell131313
blooey
sobe
Carrie Ann
Jordan Baker
Red Wolf
mandalaya
Putli Bai
Poubelle
The Glen
Cutebutpsycho
Never Enough
big chicken
MLIS
TiffanyNichelle
bbridges
VodouDoll
bookworm
Tabby
dinahmoe
katesti
Count_Bloodcount
QueenSix
lisalars
philophobe
sagitare
Gillian
mialoubug
Matinee
year of the cat
Heather
Pop'n'Fresh
Instant Monkeys
biakbiak
Unlucky Bear
Lily Rose
sweetle
PrincessCleo
19uses
Jessica
Eris Rising
bosoxgirl
puddingcup
killershrew
Miss Moneypenny
Jude
Kiran
ActonBell
BreezyK
Esme
swsa
blixie
79 posters

Page 34 of 38 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Go down

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns - Page 34 Empty Re: Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

Post  blixie Sat May 24, 2014 9:09 pm

I DO love Sharon Stone, but it's kind of because she's an unapologetic kook at this point.

I thought she was riding Reynold's ass because he so obviously would have been there had the reviews been good, and was being a pouty bitch about the booing. Kristen's shitty work ethic is not dependent on good press or bad. I'm mean yeah still Lainey hypocrisy, but I definitely see RR coming off worse in a way, but I wish he'd give up being a Mr. Lead Actor man, and just accept being a fun side dish. And it's not like he's alone at failing the movie star test, there are so very few consistently killing it in that "carry the movie" regard. Like her declaring ATJ a movie start after Godzilla's box office. Uh, no one went to Godzilla for ATJ, top billing went exclusively to a CGI monster.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns - Page 34 Empty Re: Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

Post  Kiran Sun May 25, 2014 1:38 am

Yeah, your right. Her favoritism just...seems super blatant this week.

Especially her Chris Martin/Gwyneth Paltrow articles. She is so pressed about their new album getting good reviews.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather Sun May 25, 2014 4:08 pm

In fairness, Kristen Stewart missed the press conference because she didn't get to Cannes in time, because she is shooting a movie. Ryan Reynolds was available, and just blew it off, I think. Although I kind of can't blame him for being pouty about being booed -- I find it bad form to boo a movie at a festival when the people who made it are there. Just sort of inconsiderate.

Heather

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Sun May 25, 2014 5:49 pm

I find it bad form to boo at a movie because SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU'RE AT A MOVIE! I get irrationally angry at that shit, so I can imagine how much more infuriating it would be for someone who made the movie to hear.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Sun May 25, 2014 7:20 pm

Did they even boo during the gala premiere though? I think they boo'd at the press screenings. Which isn't atypical for Cannes at all. Also, he was at the press conference. I think it was the afterparty he skipped, which is hardly a big deal. He clearly met his professional obligations.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather Tue May 27, 2014 3:44 pm

If you're a sports reporter, it's considered HUGELY unprofessional to cheer for or against any team in the game you're covering (I remember the sports editors/writers at our student paper at Notre Dame would talk about how FREAKING HARD that was). So if you're a film critic, I think the same rule should apply.

If Reynolds just blew off the afterparty, then I don't see a big deal with that. Dude, I'd also probably blow off an afterparty. I'm OLD and need to go to BED.

Heather

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Tue May 27, 2014 5:29 pm

Heather wrote:
If Reynolds just blew off the afterparty, then I don't see a big deal with that. Dude, I'd also probably blow off an afterparty. I'm OLD and need to go to BED.

He got late night greasy food with his wife instead, which, as a lover of both burgers and Blake Lively, is exactly what I would do in that situation.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:12 pm

I love how Lainey gets so angry over A-listers partying or associating with people she deems beneath them. Is Leo DiCaprio an overgrown frat boy? Yep. But is his being at the same party with some Jenners going to make him go from A-list to C as she puts it? Nope. Not as long as he keeps opening movies and getting Oscar noms.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:49 pm

And honestly Leo originated the hanging with nobodies thing, his entire Pussy Posse was "beneath" him full of B, C, and no listers. Leo *likes* being King of the World, it's harder to rock that way when he's in a room partying with Brad/Angie, George, Matt and Ben and people who are equal to his star level or who outshine him. I mean I love Lukas Haas but I can't argue he's so much better than Jenner at this point.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:01 pm

, his entire Pussy Posse was "beneath" him full of B, C, and no listers. Leo *likes* being King of the World, it's harder to rock that way when he's in a room partying with Brad/Angie, George, Matt and Ben and people who are equal to his star level or who outshine him. I mean I love Lukas Haas but I can't argue he's so much better than Jenner at this point.

To be fair he was friends with most of them since he was a kid and long before he became famous.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:49 pm

Yes Lainey, I'm sure Angelina only took part in the Global Summit To End Sexual Violence In Conflict because of Maleficent doing well at the box office. It's not like this an issue she's spoken out on for years. Or that she's been socially motivated in the past. It's just ALL a victory lap for her Disney film and set-up for her Oscar bid for Unbroken.

She's just so fucking tasteless, I can't take it sometimes.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:37 pm

Is Sarah still pretending she has a read a comic ever, since she did a superheroine costume post and didn't mention that they gave Wonder Woman a costume redo that included pants and seemed to pick a horrible but very short lived costume of Scarlet Witches and imply thats how she always looks?
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:47 am

I don't read comics, but I also don't get how fighting in skirt makes more sense than fighting in a leotard/onsie (strapless though it may be it's also boned to hell) does. Fighting in a skirt is not better it's much, much worse. Leotards are inherently athletic Sarah, you dumbass. Beyonce handles her business every night in one. Yes I compared Bey to a Super Hero.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:52 pm

She seems to have a hate on for Wonder Woman. She called her a sexist character before which ...
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:42 pm

Kiran wrote:She seems to have a hate on for Wonder Woman. She called her a sexist character before which ...

Well, that's just stupid. So…par for the course with Sarah.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:42 pm

Mila Kunis was allegedly bitchy in an interview. Some people are giving her a pass figuring, hey, she might just be pregnant, hormonal, and miserable.

And so of course, after years and years of Lainey eye rolling and ranting over the cheesiness of mothers who act like pregnancy is the most beautiful and enchanting time for a woman, now, she's decided that acknowledging that it can be a really difficult time is not okay.

Please don’t use the biology of women, something so beautiful, and turn it into a deficiency.

Listen, I'm not saying the pregnancy was to blame for Mila's attitude. Who the hell knows what she might have been thinking. But the absolute hypocrisy of Lainey, Miss Belly Cupping Hater, now being put off by people pointing out that sometimes pregnancy sucks and ISN'T all about the beautiful power of harvesting life...please.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:09 pm

I have no opinion on Lainey (not thinking of her is best), but that Mila Kunis interview is something else. She may have been having a bad day and have been very annoyed/with a short fuse.   But you probably should have your publicist get you out of it then because yikes.

Last edited by Morning Angel on Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  Never Enough Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:40 pm

From the article:

I start to tell her that I’m not fishing for any particular answer but I stop. I’m not sure she’s actually hearing what I’m saying at this point.

Ouch.

Never Enough

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:55 pm

I actually think this is pretty consistent with Mila shooting from the hip, if her hip is salty and raw she shoots from there. She rolled with the funny British guy and wasn't hung up on her publicist stepping in then, when she got called literally on the carpet about dating Ashton near the start of dating, and her handler tried to step in she backed the handler down, and while she gave up lots of personal info to Marie Claire and Ellen, I'm not sure any publicist would love their client talking about their shredded vagina. The truth is some days people are assholes they're even assholes while they are on the job.

Comparing her to Gary Oldman is so out of bounds though. Gary Oldman showed me who he was when he hit Uma Thurman. He showed me who he was when he went off half-cocked about any number of political and professional issues over the last 15 years, his shit is not new, and it's been consistent. One irritable and bitchy interview does not equal, years of obnoxious violent bigot.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:04 pm

I was going to say. I love Gary Oldman as an actor but his behaviour has been known for YEARS. People just ignored it. It is NOT the same thing.

As for Mila Kunis, she has always struck me as someone who is great if she likes you, but if she doesn't not so much. And has no filter. I enjoy her though and as far as I know she has never had years of domestic violence rumors around her, complained about how hard it is to be a republican white man, or made hateful remarks about race, gender, and sexuality. So.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:58 am

Gary Oldman showed me who he was when he hit Uma Thurman. He showed me who he was when he went off half-cocked about any number of political and professional issues over the last 15 years, his shit is not new, and it's been consistent.
I knew that he had been married to Uma, but did not know this. Sad. My brain is too glutted with Kardashianesque gossip, I guess.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:47 pm

I really don't see how an actress being a little cranky at a reporter (and I agree that she seems to shoot from a hip that is a little less poised/less publicist approved) is equivalent to Oldman saying/wishing antisemitism, misogyny, and anti-gay slurs are commonplace.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:25 pm

Lainey, Michelle Rodriguez has maintained for a few years now shes bisexual. And I remember those pictures of her sneaking out with Olivier Martinez when he was still with Kylie Minogue. Bisexuality is a thing, acknowledge.

Like with anyone else I'd let that "girl that normally likes girl" thing go, because bisexuals who have a preference toward one is a thing. But with Lainey's history?...Like...
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:02 pm

Okay. Has Lainey been personally victimized by Leonardo DiCaprio? Because she is taking his unprettying REALLY HARD.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:17 pm

Lawd, the incredible bitterness in that Taylor Swift post.

Am I taking this as her continuing to be an irrationally defensive Miley stan? Yes.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 38 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next