Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Film Trailers

+91
jstilwe
Morning Angel
Agent Sculder
mokey75
Cutebutpsycho
Arabella
Rhilin
Coneycat
VodouDoll
Gillian
Skyblade
wenchsenior
BreezyK
Paris, Texas
Renny Sue
Count_Bloodcount
GoodbyeWithWords
ulkis
Francie Nolan
nazlan
ActonBell
Kookla
Carrie Ann
Red Wolf
mandalaya
eco
The Dude
Raksha
katesti
sen3
areefamalik
Fiammetta
chibimanda
Case
caerbannog
Jude
Escape
mialoubug
nikita
TiffanyNichelle
Menshevixen
Gallifrey Girl
Bob Genghis Khan
Matinee
laurelin_kit
Cynara
Luthien
truecrystal
Wildog27
xyzzy
SarahJanet
elleth
Binky
Jamie
gannetguts
Never Enough
jensa
RiverThames
mrinsouciance
Instant Monkeys
Unlucky Bear
MtOlivePickles
mozzarella
Esseilte
queenofdenile
Corellderaan
sagitare
Auroura76
bookworm
punzy
caltrask55
inversed
Kiran
PrincessCleo
QueenSix
Grainne Mhaol
whatthedeuce
Miss Moneypenny
blixie
puddingcup
biakbiak
laddical
Poubelle
bbridges
naughty zoot
Eris Rising
tothemax
Putli Bai
jcpdiesel21
alexdegenhardt
swsa
95 posters

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down

Film Trailers - Page 4 Empty Re: Film Trailers

Post  Kiran Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:01 pm

My reaction can only be described as fangirl squee.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:44 pm

That's the SF-approved response, so you're all good!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  gannetguts Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:54 pm

I found myself a little underwhelmed, but I loved Hathaway in the trailer and from what I could see of Hardy, he looks awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing it though!

gannetguts

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:04 pm

Anne Hathaway whispering in CB's ear freaks me out because I can't help but always think of her as the young girl in the Princess Diaries movies. I've seen her in Brokeback Mountain and Rachel Getting Married and yet it's The Princess Diaries that always sticks out in my mind. Ridiculous, I know.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:14 pm

laddical wrote:[url=http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/thedarkknightrises/]My only real quibble, though, is the shot of the football field collapsing. I just don't see how a runner couldn't *sense* the ground shifting like that, even if he was staying ahead of the actual collapse. Even with the questionable science of the microwave emitter in Begins, that's easily the most fantastic and out-there thing I've seen in Nolan's series and I'm hoping it's not one step too far for it.

Heh, because my reaction was OMG THE FOOTBALL FIELD IS COLLAPSING BEHIND HIM!!!

Maybe he couldn't sense it because he was so focused on scoring the goal and it just blocked out all other stimuli around him!!

Either way, that is a fabulous trailer and I am SO looking forward to seeing the film.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:58 pm

We saw that trailer on an IMAX screen right before Mission Impossible. Nothing emasculates the movie you are about to see quite like that trailer. Right after it was over I thought: Great, now I have to watch this piece of shit movie and not Batman.

(Luckily, Mission Impossible ended up being awesome too.)
Jamie
Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post  jensa Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:10 am

The Hobbit

I may have teared up a bit.
jensa
jensa

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:16 am

The Shire theme will never NOT bring a tear to my eye.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  Auroura76 Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:26 am

jensa wrote:The Hobbit

Aww!

You're making me want to do a LotR rewatch.

The latest Batman trailer looks amazing. But then, I'm a huge Chris Nolan fangirl, and I like Anne Hathaway a lot. I like seeing her in a darker role. The artwork (which I believe was used in the teaser poster) of the buildings rising into the sky and leaving a vacuum in the shape of a bat is so stunning.

Auroura76

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:02 am

Ah! For me it was when Gollum said, "What's Baggins, precious?" SO EXCITED. This week has been like movie trailer Christmas.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:03 am

Could anyone else not understand Bane in the Batman trailer? I hear the word "Gotham" and mumbling. Between that and Bat Voice...I'm going to preemptively wonder just how much of this movie I will understand.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:04 am

I've heard other people have had issues with the prologue. But I've also heard they are working on it.

I didn't watch the prologue but I understood him in the trailer. "You can die when Gotham is in ashes", right?
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:04 am

Not just you, Binky. Mumbling is all the rage in Gotham, apparently.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  elleth Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:05 am

I think I was too overwhelmed the first time through. But I expect on rewatches that I'll get kind of choked up. I really have missed Middle Earth.

elleth

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:42 am

There's word on the street that WB is going to put their foot down on the Bane Voice and make some changes.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:00 am

OH HELL YES.

I tell you what, if they couldn't have secured Martin Freeman for the role of Bilbo, I would have been just heartbroken because he is utterly perfect for it. Like, it wouldn't have mattered who else they cast. The whole thing for me starts with Freeman/Bilbo.

The fact that it's opening next December, with the following movie out the December after that: it's like old times! When the LOTR movies were coming out every December, that first year without one was so weird. None of us knew what to do with ourselves that month, heh.

I loved the singing.
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  elleth Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:21 am

sagitare wrote:
The fact that it's opening next December, with the following movie out the December after that: it's like old times! When the LOTR movies were coming out every December, that first year without one was so weird. None of us knew what to do with ourselves that month, heh.

I loved the singing.

Um. I may be a complete dork because I was going to re-watch LOTR this month (as it's the release date anniversaries yada yada) but realized that I couldn't watch them in order on their release dates, because FOTR was Dec 19th, TTT was Dec 18th, and ROTK was Dec 17th! And now the Hobbit part 1 will be Dec 14th, and part 2 Dec 13th! Darn you, studios, doing them all in reverse dates!

I had forgotten that song; I went back to the book earlier tonight to find it.

elleth

Back to top Go down

Post  SarahJanet Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:51 am

Yep, I got some goosebumps from the Hobbit. Howard Shore is composing for these again, right? Because that is going to be a problem if he isn't.

Man, when we went and saw Fellowship of the Ring my husband and I had been dating for about five months. I'm super excited for a new Middle Earth movie!

SarahJanet

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:22 am

Kiran wrote:I've heard other people have had issues with the prologue. But I've also heard they are working on it.

I didn't watch the prologue but I understood him in the trailer. "You can die when Gotham is in ashes", right?

I haven't had any problems with Bane's voice (in this or the bootleg six minute prologue I saw), but it's right on the edge of being indecipherable - and that's saying something given the Bale Batvoice.

His line is, "When Gotham is in ashes... you have my permission to die."

Darn you, studios, doing them all in reverse dates!

It's hardly the studios' fault that most years are one day longer than an even 52 weeks. They were all released on a Wednesday, as close to one year apart as they could get.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:25 am

Ahh, thanks! I washed it yesterday, but I understood it at the time, I promise.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:32 am

I'm glad they've got the Dwarves' song in the film - I wonder if it will just be them singing, or if Jackson will use it as an opportunity to show a flashback to the Desolation. I don't think much of the Rankin-Bass cartoon, but I remember the song and how it was all spooky and scary when it showed the Dwarves fleeing the mountain and I imagine Jackson could probably top that.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Esseilte Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:54 am

The Hobbit. It just looks so absolutely gorgeous. When I heard 'the' music right at the beginning, I knew I wasn't going to make it through the whole thing dry-eyed, and sure enough didn't.

Martin Freeman - thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who made the effort to ensure he could do this part. So many times, the perfect actor for a part is lost due to scheduling or other commitments when it could have been avoided. He's just so very...Bilbo! And when he first spoke, he sounded like Ian Holm - has someone been at the BBC Radio Production, or just listening on set? Either way, it's no bad thing!

Also liked that we have the singing, or at least some of it. I'm not sure whether I'd prefer to see a flashback at that point, or to simply see Bag End 'turn' a bit from being obviously a safe, cozy place, to being a place in a world that's not necessarily either safe or cozy. No doubt I'll be happy with however it's done - and one of the things I enjoy about Peter Jackson's work on these films is that even when he does something I wouldn't agree with, it's done with love and respect for the original text. I'd forgive him a lot for that, to be honest...not that it's usually necessary!
Esseilte
Esseilte

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:09 am

This is where I am sad it won't be out for another year. Why can't things happen now! I wants it.

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:12 am

I can't believe that the singing was perhaps the most awesome part of the trailer! The poetry of Tolkien's songs always impressed me, but working it into a live-action movie without it reeking of cheese seems a daunting prospect. Particularly with The Hobbit, which is certainly a tale skewed toward a younger audience. But the singing in the trilogy (almost always--Eowyn makes me cringe a bit) worked beautifully, and it seems the tradition continues. Yay!

And, shallowly, I must observe that Kili is just. so. freaking. HOT.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:26 am

CHILLS!! I LOVED the singing, it was spot-on perfect for the trailer. It's as if Martin Freeman was molded out of clay to be a perfect Young Bilbo. There sure are a lot of dwarves to keep track of, though.

Why must we wait a WHOLE YEAR???

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum