Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oscars 2014

+27
biakbiak
vwlphb
mayram
naughty zoot
Carrie Ann
emrie
Crowbridge
sagitare
The Dude
queenofdenile
Eris Rising
inversed
Morning Angel
Jordan Baker
mrinsouciance
QueenSix
bookworm
Kiran
TiffanyNichelle
Fraoch
Paris, Texas
Binky
swsa
Agent Sculder
Arabella
RiverThames
Skyblade
31 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Oscars 2014 - Page 3 Empty Re: Oscars 2014

Post  blixie Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:19 pm

I'll never give up my dream Oscar host of Eddie Izzard (or Tam Honks), but I guess Spacey would be good.

I thought the pacing last night was terrible (they should have done Supporting Actress sooner), but I did think it was a pretty solid show. Ellen's opening joke about 12 Years a Slave was fairly biting for her, there really was no way the Academy was going to not make it Best Picture, which good, because JFC did I hate Gravity. I actually liked the pizza bit if only to see who was hungry enough and game enough to play into the bit.

I loved that one of the producers used the Somewhere in Time theme for the In Memoriam, I love that cheesy ass 80's movie and that theme is 80% of the reason why, Jane Seymour and The Grand Hotel being the other 20. They producers used it twice during the evening so between that, Lupita's amazingly joyous and gracious speech, and Bill Murray's Ramis shoutout I was unexpectedly moved by the show.

I'm going to be laughing about Adele Dazeem for so long, but I also thought it was a teleprompter issue as much as a potential dyslexia one. I was having Soap Dish flashbacks, "she has a terrible case of brake fluid."

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:25 pm

blixie wrote:I'll never give up my dream Oscar host of Eddie Izzard (or Tam Honks), but I guess Spacey would be good.

I thought the pacing last night was terrible (they should have done Supporting Actress sooner), but I did think it was a pretty solid show.

Coincidence or not, they didn't give an acting award out between when the Walking Dead started and ended (on the East coast). I agree the pacing was off, and none of the song/montages were really worth it.

While I thought Ellen's audience bits were mostly awkward, I did appreciate the effort to have something that wasn't a song or montage or tribute. The format is so old and played out.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:53 pm

mayram wrote:
I would also LOVE to find out if something funky was going on with the teleprompter last night. An awful lot of people flubbed their lines which makes me think something hinky was going on, and it wasn't just nerves.

I missed the John Travolta/Idina Menzel moment last night, but I saw a clip of it today and holy cow. I HOPE the teleprompter was screwy because how in the hell do you get "Adele Dazeem" from "Idina Menzel"?
Howie Mandel sang at the Oscars?!

Did he do it with the rubber glove over his head?
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:44 am

I liked the pizza bit to be honest. But I also liked Ellen (especially after last year with Seth McFarlane) -- I was happy to see people willing to play with her with the selfies and the pizza (my friend and I kept yelling "FEED KERRY! SHE'S PREGNANT! FEED THE WOMAN!") and it just seemed like Ellen was having fun with it, which make me pretty cool with it.

Also Benedict Cumberbatch looks like he's just amazed he managed to get in the door. Photobombing U2 was the cherry on that sundae.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:14 am

Angelina waving during the selfie and reaching for some pizza, which Ellen didn't see as she was passing it to Spacey, was adorable.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:58 am

The pizza bit was good, and it was a nice change to the tired Oscar format.

I'd love to know if Angelina Jolie actually eats pizza. There's a picture of Brad chowing down, but offhand I knew that Jared Leto's vegan and wouldn't eat any (he gave his to his mom). Apparently, Kerry Washington is gluten-free, so she wouldn't eat any, either.

Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:55 am

Binky wrote:
blixie wrote:I'll never give up my dream Oscar host of Eddie Izzard (or Tam Honks), but I guess Spacey would be good.

I thought the pacing last night was terrible (they should have done Supporting Actress sooner), but I did think it was a pretty solid show.

Coincidence or not, they didn't give an acting award out between when the Walking Dead started and ended (on the East coast). I agree the pacing was off, and none of the song/montages were really worth it.
Best Supporting Actress was a nailbiter and Jennifer Lawrence is one of the biggest stars in Hollywood right now; the producers would have put it after Best Actress if they could've gotten away with it.

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  Algae Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:49 am

I liked Jamie Foxx running in place while humming the Chariots of Fire theme. His poor co-presenter (Biel?) looked like she had no idea what to do. It was awesome.
Algae
Algae

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:00 am

Not sure where else to put this, but it's making me laugh hysterically so here you go: If John Travolta Had to Pronounce Everyone's Name at the Oscars.

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildog27 Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:25 am

Whatever the reason (nerves, not being able to hear the music, Travolta's mispronunciation), it's pretty well agreed that Idinia Menzel's performance of "Let It Go" wasn't her best.

This performance with Jimmy Fallon and the Roots band should make up for it.

Wildog27

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:32 am

Apparently, Kerry Washington is gluten-free, so she wouldn't eat any, either.

But she was the first person who said she wanted pizza when Ellen threw it out there, she definitely ate some, I guess they found her gluten free.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:33 pm

Wildog27 wrote:Whatever the reason (nerves, not being able to hear the music, Travolta's mispronunciation), it's pretty well agreed that Idinia Menzel's performance of "Let It Go" wasn't her best.

This performance with Jimmy Fallon and the Roots band should make up for it.

I feel like that should've been her performance on the Oscars. But then again, I think the Roots should be everyone's house band.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:14 am

At least she wasn't mooing at the moon.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:07 pm

All he needs to do is host the Grammy's and he will be the EGOT of hosts!
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3