Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top Chef (plus Masters, Just Desserts)

+22
choubetcha
Jasmine
bosoxgirl
blixie
MaddyCat
BreezyK
Raised by wolves
RiverThames
Matinee
killershrew
caltrask55
Maestro
Jessica
TiffanyNichelle
lucylane
paablish
biakbiak
Salieri
punkysdilemma
whatthedeuce
oxymoron
maxell131313
26 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Top Chef (plus Masters, Just Desserts) - Page 3 Empty Re: Top Chef (plus Masters, Just Desserts)

Post  oxymoron Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:52 pm

punkysdilemma wrote:Precooked prepackaged anything in the final round before the final round? He was asking for it. Jeez.

Yeah, this is when I knew he was a goner.

oxymoron

Back to top Go down

Top Chef (plus Masters, Just Desserts) - Page 3 Empty Re: Top Chef (plus Masters, Just Desserts)

Post  whatthedeuce Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:52 am

Man, I can imagine how irritated I'd be if I lost a spot in the final to a formerly eliminated contestant. Ed seemed really cool about being booted though. I'm rather tickled that Beverly got into the finale if only because Sara annoys the hell out of me, and knowing that she's annoyed at Bev's inclusion is pretty rad. Also, PAUL, FTW! Seriously, he's the only person that I'd care to see win. This season felt rather lackluster, and he's just about the only person who never got on my nerves and whose food always looked and sounded amazing.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:59 am

whatthedeuce wrote:Man, I can imagine how irritated I'd be if I lost a spot in the final to a formerly eliminated contestant. Ed seemed really cool about being booted though. I'm rather tickled that Beverly got into the finale if only because Sara annoys the hell out of me, and knowing that she's annoyed at Bev's inclusion is pretty rad. Also, PAUL, FTW! Seriously, he's the only person that I'd care to see win. This season felt rather lackluster, and he's just about the only person who never got on my nerves and whose food always looked and sounded amazing.

We were discussing this and my feeling is, another contestant there or not shouldn't matter, because if your food is the worst, you're gone, 4 competitors or 5. Ultimately, it's what you do that matters on this show, it's only indirectly about beating others. So I was glad Ed didn't dwell on that point. I totally agree that I love Beverly being back because Sara and Lindsey are so snide about her, and I am Paul for the win all the way!!!

Also, Sara was dumb and should have taken the car. Top Chef is not Survivor, it's about your own skills. Also, it's a guaranteed something won. Free car!

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:45 am

I want Paul to win, but at the same time, I don't want the prices at Uchiko/East Side Kings to go up due to newfound fame.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:49 am

Also, Sara was dumb and should have taken the car. Top Chef is not Survivor, it's about your own skills. Also, it's a guaranteed something won. Free car!

I so disagree. First of all it isn't free because of taxes she has to pay and secondly she was a the end of an intense month of absurd challenges, yes the elimination challenge was straightforward and didn't have any twists but she didn't know that would be the case when she made her decision. In fact, I wish what they had done was make all the chefs choose before they did the quickfire what they would choose and hold them to it because it's really easy to talk about her lacking confidence by taking the instant ticket to the final four when you weren't given that decision. I seriously, think Paul might have been the only person to choose the car in those circumstances.

biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:28 am

I'm with biakbiak. Even the best chefs on TC have bad days, so why chance getting eliminated? The other chefs sneered at Sara for skipping the last task but essentially what she won was immunity, which was something all of them really wanted and were completely happy when they got it. Now that I think of it, she got bonus immunity. With immunity, the chef still cooks in the challenge but she got immunity and didn't have to do a grueling, stressful challenge. Pretty smart IMO.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:23 am

I was thinking from my point of view of what I'd want to risk walking away with, not from a feeling that she should "earn" it or anything. You've got a 4/5 chance of finishing with nothing but the car or 3/4 chance of finishing with just nothing. I'd go with the guaranteed car and the slightly decreased win chance. This may be my innate risk-averseness wanting to be sure I walk away with something! :)

The taxes, true, I hadn't considered that.

I was surprised she didn't have to cook afterall - it's my memory too that immunity usually means you cook still but you can't go home for it,

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  BreezyK Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:59 pm

Also I believe she already had won a car in an earlier challenge, so why not just take the spot?

BreezyK

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:29 pm

BreezyK wrote:Also I believe she already had won a car in an earlier challenge, so why not just take the spot?

She did? Ok, that would may have swayed me differently then.

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:27 pm

BreezyK, I think you're right and she had won a car. Someone did earlier this season, and I think it was her or Lindsey. If she hadn't won the car though, that's the choice I would say she should've opted for because at least she walks away with something even if she doesn't win the grand prize. I didn't doubt she'd make it to the finale even if she'd had to compete anyway. She gets on my nerves, but she's certainly also a solid competitor!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:37 pm

It was Heather, not Sarah, that won the car.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:26 am

Oh, that's right! It was Heather!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:08 am

whatthedeuce wrote:Oh, that's right! It was Heather!

I think I've forgotten everything about Heather except what a major bitch she was in her last few episodes.

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  oxymoron Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:10 pm

I just can't root for Bev. She annoys me. She didn't deserve the attitude she got, but she bugs me.

oxymoron

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:30 pm

Heather was rather frightening. I'd have been scared to be in a kitchen with her and her scary 'tude.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddyCat Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:52 pm

Pleeeease Top Chef Gods, let Paul win. I heart him.

MaddyCat

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:13 pm

MaddyCat wrote:Pleeeease Top Chef Gods, let Paul win. I heart him.

I second that request!
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:22 pm

Seriously, I never root based on gender but despite the fact that the final four has three woman, I will be so disappointed if Paul doesn't win.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:58 pm

I'm sure everyone knows already, but I'm Team Paul all the way, baby!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  caltrask55 Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:31 am

I have been rooting for Paul since day 1. I swear if either mean girl Lindsey or Sarah win I am going to be SO PISSED OFF. And not really because I don't like them personally but Paul's food really does look amazing every single episode!

caltrask55

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:12 am

Co-sign. As much as I'd like to see a second female top chef, Paul has been the only one with a consistent wow factor. And on a personal note, I dislike Sara and Lindsay so much. Team Paul!

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  oxymoron Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:32 am

I have to go with Paul, too. Most of his food has looked amazing.

The food Olympics was kind of fun, though the whole biathlon thing was a little over the top.

oxymoron

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:15 pm

I found the biathlon conceit pretty irritating. Just let them COOK. We know it's a reality show, but come on.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddyCat Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:07 pm

Yeah, I fast-forwarded through the biathalon parts until they were actually cooking. So silly.

I hope, hope, hope Paul has not peaked too soon and that he doesn't overthing everything and fall apart in the final challenge a la Richard Blaise in his season. My heart will be pounding the entire hour, I swear.

MaddyCat

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:08 pm

I found the ice block challenge just as bad. If it had just been Lindsay, Bev and Heather I don't know that they would have gotten anything on the plate, give how Paul had to force the ice blocks off and helped them both.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum