Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top Chef (plus Masters, Just Desserts)

+22
choubetcha
Jasmine
bosoxgirl
blixie
MaddyCat
BreezyK
Raised by wolves
RiverThames
Matinee
killershrew
caltrask55
Maestro
Jessica
TiffanyNichelle
lucylane
paablish
biakbiak
Salieri
punkysdilemma
whatthedeuce
oxymoron
maxell131313
26 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Top Chef (plus Masters, Just Desserts) - Page 4 Empty Re: Top Chef (plus Masters, Just Desserts)

Post  whatthedeuce Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:20 pm

Lordy, they really were trying to kill the cheftestants with those biathlon challenges, weren't they? Whatever. Paul made the cut, so that's all that matters to me!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Top Chef (plus Masters, Just Desserts) - Page 4 Empty Re: Top Chef (plus Masters, Just Desserts)

Post  caltrask55 Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:20 am

Thank GOD Paul made it to the finals. I got really nervous at the end there.

caltrask55

Back to top Go down

Post  oxymoron Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:16 pm

Likewise, I was worried for a moment there, mostly because the other two get on m nerves so much.

oxymoron

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:53 pm

I'd have preferred Lindsay in the finale if only because she annoys me slightly less than Sara does. I totally thought Paul would be sent packing, so the last few minutes were very nerve-wracking!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:38 am

Woo! Paul wins!

My wife is bouncing.

This last weekend we did tour of his trailers, East Side Kings. Oh my god, SO GOOD. Do it if you are in Austin and have the opportunity.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:02 am

Whew!!! I was really worried they were setting up a Sarah comes from behind win.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:03 am

Aw man, I forgot tonight was the finale and clicked here and spoiled myself. But yay! So very Team Paul over Sarah.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:54 am

I didn't watch it, and I'm relieved/happy Paul won, but at the same time I never could fathom any other ending all season long, he was that much better, or at least more consistent than everyone else. Oh and also nicer. I think a big failure of a competition show is to not successfully convince me there is an actual competition.

This season was poorly cast and planned, and the most exciting element took place entirely on the web.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  oxymoron Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:51 pm

I was concerned that Sarah would win, but, fortunately, Paul did.

Like blixie said, it's not a surprise. He was the most consistent of the bunch this time.

oxymoron

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:25 pm

I love how they pick sous chefs for the finale and think that should happen always, especially when it leads to famous chef hilariously not being picked, and the also-rans being embarrassingly non-selected as well. If Sarah hadn't overthought Tyler's plate, maybe all of them would have ended up standing there looking embarrassed. (Go with your gut, woman, that guy's plate looked quite a bit like cat yack.)
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:03 pm

If Sarah hadn't overthought Tyler's plate, maybe all of them would have ended up standing there looking embarrassed.

Though what seemed so weird to me was that it was like scallops with caramel and raisins, not exactly some common combo! But I agree she should have just gone with dishes that she liked and looked good and not over think it.

I am so very pleased that Paul won!
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddyCat Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:54 pm

So relieved that Paul one because they really had me fooled. With his first course being overcooked for the second round of judges and there being a clear division over his dessert, I actually thought Sara was going to win. So I shrieked in pure astonished glee when he won. Love Paul. And now I desperately want to visit Austin.

MaddyCat

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:21 am

The season was good but not great. I loved Paul from start to finish, but it just seemed like a weak group of competitors, overall, and the first few challenges were kinda boring.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:12 pm

If TiVo hadn't recorded Masters this week I would have had no idea the show was back on. But hooray more show!

The buffet genre twist was so mean, but they were so dumb for not going to the store to get Indian spices.

How on earth did Missy injure herself that bad? Ouch.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  oxymoron Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:09 am

Yay! Top Chef!

Boo! Annoying Aussie host!

The buffet twist was mean, and I agree... why on Earth did the Indian buffet people not go shopping for Indian spices?

oxymoron

Back to top Go down

Post  killershrew Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:33 am

Darn you, Bravo! Why don't you put full episodes of Top Chef on your website?
killershrew
killershrew

Back to top Go down

Post  bosoxgirl Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:27 pm

Darn you, Bravo! Why don't you put full episodes of Top Chef on your website?

Bravo is terrible about putting full shows on their website. Do you have On Demand from your cable company? It's probably available that way.

bosoxgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  bosoxgirl Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:10 am

Ok, Art Smith can go home at any time now. Hey, does anyone know if he's ever cooked for any famous or important people? He's so shy about mentioning it.

I like both Chris and Patricia. I love that Chris calls out Art on his bullshit but still was the first person who offered to help with the cake. And Patricia is just a badass chef.

bosoxgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:21 pm

I like both Chris and Patricia.

Me too! I loved Chris's pork belly relay to get it to the checkout in time.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  bosoxgirl Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:49 am

The pork belly relay was hilarious. I like this season so far, except for Art.

bosoxgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  oxymoron Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:41 pm

Part of me wants to like Art... there seem to be flashes of someone likable there but, yeah, he needs to adjust his attitude.

I do give him this: doing a wedding cake in that small a time frame is gutsy.

oxymoron

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:59 pm

I don't get why there weren't any dowels in that thing. Put dowels in that thing!!
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:45 am

The pork belly relay was hilarious.
Chris used to host a show on FN where he and Aron Sanchez would take on two local chefs in their home cities in a scavenger hunt. Chris always had a scheme to shave a few minutes of time and he had a huge knowledge of food. He'll make it far in the competition because he gives good TV and is savvy about how to play the game. I hope is food is good as well because I really like him.

Poor Art. I really liked him last time he was on but I think he lost his sense of humor with all the weight he lost.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:20 pm

I hope is food is good as well because I really like him.

It is. I have eaten at his restaurant a number of times and his Tasty Salted Pig Parts are delicious. Plus, there has been three challenges so far and he has won one by himself, one another with Patricia and was in the top of the other other challenge.

I don't get why there weren't any dowels in that thing. Put dowels in that thing!!

That was the weirdest thing is because Art specifically mentions putting in enough structural posts to make up for the soft frosting but then it didn't appear that he used any.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  bosoxgirl Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:04 pm

I am such a terrible person because I rolled my eyes hard when Art won last night and gave his tearful "It's all for the children" speech. Yeah, I'm going to hell.

bosoxgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum