Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upcoming Films

+96
UmaOprah
Kookla
Esme
Gilraen
choubetcha
eventide82
mandalaya
PrincessCleo
katesti
year of the cat
themis
truecrystal
Snarryfan
GoodbyeWithWords
chibimanda
mialoubug
Gillian
Carrie Ann
Coneycat
Sheli
mayram
bookworm
slmader
chick binewski
Arabella
Morning Angel
wenchsenior
easybreezy
Skyblade
Grainne Mhaol
Lurker
TiffanyNichelle
Rhilin
Agent Sculder
Cynara
The Dude
Menshevixen
particle_person
Crowbridge
Matinee
sen3
Cutebutpsycho
Fiammetta
Jude
Lady V
elleth
Case
ulkis
Eris Rising
draco vulgaris
rivki8699
epudom
GeneralErin
QueenSix
BreezyK
MtOlivePickles
puddingcup
tothemax
The Glen
ActonBell
Red Wolf
blooey
Raksha
Paris, Texas
naughty zoot
Luthien
curryalley
punzy
big chicken
dionneshea
sagitare
dinahmoe
Francie Nolan
Unlucky Bear
maxell131313
Miss Moneypenny
laurelin_kit
mrinsouciance
mokey75
Poubelle
laddical
whatthedeuce
bbridges
punkysdilemma
inversed
Kiran
Putli Bai
Instant Monkeys
jstilwe
Esseilte
jcpdiesel21
biakbiak
RiverThames
blixie
queenofdenile
swsa
100 posters

Page 15 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 25  Next

Go down

Upcoming Films - Page 15 Empty Re: Upcoming Films

Post  laddical Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:14 pm

Indeed.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:30 pm

In other news, Brad Pitt suggests there could be more WWZ movies.
There is enough to mine from the book. We could barely get a fraction of the book in. So we'll see. We'll see.
From what I've seen of the trailers, they don't try to get any fraction of the book in.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:23 am

Zero may be a number,  but yeah... not a fraction.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:09 am

Saw a LOT of previews before Monsters U, and good GOD some of them were bad. 

I initially got excited about The Lego Movie because LEGOS! But that trailer was such a mess, I have no idea what it's about or why it's supposed to be interesting other than that they're Legos. Lots of good actors in it though so... maybe it'll work? 

Turbo looks so, so dumb that I'm surprised it's actually coming from a legit animation studio. A snail in the Indy 500. Are you serious. I know it's an animated kids' movie but come on. 

Planes, well, I didn't like Cars so this was not going to do it for me. I'm sure the merchandisers are salivating over it though. 

But the worst BY FAR was Smurfs 2. A kid in our theater actually started crying during this trailer. Forget the portrait in the attic, this is the price of NPH's eternal youth. It's not worth it, Neil. It's not worth it.

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:40 pm

Yeah, Turbo looks ridiculous, and not in the fun way.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:56 pm

It makes me want to cry. And honestly? I'd rather take my kids to see Smurfs 2 than Turbo. Really, neither, but in the game of "death is not an option...."

But I'm jazzed about The Lego Movie. Can't quite make heads or tails of Frozen, yet. I'm not sure a goofy clip was the way to introduce that movie.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:24 pm

Ben Affleck cast as male lead in David Fincher's Gone Girl. I am really excited for this actually. I think David Fincher is an excellent choice for the project and I actually think Ben Affleck is really good casting too. I can really see him pulling off this role, and I've wanted to see him in a darker part for a while. Also as of now, Reese Witherspoon is only producing, but tbh I think she'd be great too since Amy is exactly the kind of perfect girl with a dark core she used to do so well.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:56 pm

I kind of hate this casting. Affleck is just so dead on screen to me. And too old for this role. I guess it was a pipe dream to actually hope they'd follow the book and have Nick be younger than Amy.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:05 pm

I was always just hoping they cast her above 35, tbh, I don't have much faith in Hollywood.

I really like him actually. I think he can be bad in bad films, but I enjoy him a lot when he has a more interesting part/good director.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:46 pm

I think I'm cool with this.  I like Affleck as an actor.  I haaaaaated Nick when I read the book, and Affleck is good at playing that particular kind of douchebag.  He's somebody that I usually like onscreen, but I also don't mind hating him when the character calls for it.

Last edited by Gillian on Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:11 pm

Aside from being too old I think he's pretty perfect. Plus I love the to read a little meta into this. Cause it entertains me.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:15 pm

He's definitely than Nick's supposed to be, but because I enjoy him so much and think he'll be excellent in the role, the age thing doesn't bug me. Can't wait to see who gets cast as Amy!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:44 pm

blixie wrote:Aside from being too old I think he's pretty perfect. Plus I love the to read a little meta into this. Cause it entertains me.

Yeah, imagining Jennifer Garner as Amy brings back all the old Master of Deception Fametracker feels. Good times.

Mostly why I hate Ben for this is that I think he is at his absolute worst when trying for anything resembling subtlety or layers. He does great comedy and over the top stuff, but playing it straight his energy is just so low and blah. And Nick is essentially a bland guy who I think you need a much more interesting actor playing in order to get past the surface image.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:52 pm

Seriously it would be AHMAHZING if Jen was cast as Amy. It could be their Eyes Wide Shut. I still can't believe Reese won't play Amy, but it sounds like Charlize/Emily Blunt are in the running, I'd prefer Amy Adams as a second to Reese.

he is at his absolute worst when trying for anything resembling subtlety or layers.

Aw, see I think he's so underrated, I loved him in Changing Lanes which I thought allowed him to be both larger than life, and subtle/layered. And now I want to see Toni Collette play Amy (even though she's pretty wrong for it in a lot of ways) because they had surprisingly sparkly chemistry in that movie.

I think I see Nick as someone who is pretty much just exactly the prick he seems to be. A bro dude masquerading as intellectual/creative, and Affleck is sort of the opposite equal in real life so it works for me. I would have liked to have seen Chris Evans in the part, because he's more age appropriate, but still has that bro dude thing going on with a bit more intelligence and wit. Sadly I can't think of that many actors around in that 25-35 area who are big enough stars to get cast. Hell I don't even know that many non stars that are all that interesting.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:43 pm

Seriously it would be AHMAHZING if Jen was cast as Amy. It could be their Eyes Wide Shut.

Ha ha ha - now I am picturing Ben and Jen discussing this at home. "But honey! It could be our Eyes Wide Shut!"

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:50 pm

But, Nicole and Tom broke up after Eyes Wide Shut, so, NO. It's pretty important to me that they stay together forever.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:04 pm

I remember an interview with Jen where she said that only one of them works at a time, while the other one looks after the kids. So I don't think that's going to happen.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:49 am

blixie, I have Amy Adams in mind for the film, too. She looks so wholesome and innocent, and it would be awesome to have that subverted in a really devious, manipulative role.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:04 am

I've heard her name bandied about for it and I think she would be perfect too if Reese Witherspoon wouldn't do it. I've also heard Emily Blunt, but as much as I love her I think shes way too young.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  mialoubug Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:24 am

It would be great if they went with an indie actress type, like Rosemary DeWitt. She was who I pictured the entire time that I was reading the book. I know that she's very different physically but I think she would do a great job. I feel like if Reese did it, we would be watching Reese acting.

Actually, if she upped her acting game a little bit, January Jones would be perfect.
mialoubug
mialoubug

Back to top Go down

Post  wenchsenior Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:24 pm

I think I'm ok with this casting. Affleck's gotten progressively better, and while he probably won't knock my socks off, I suspect he'll do fine. I'd be even better with it if they cast Amy Adams. I definitely think she could kill that role and I think they'd work well together.

wenchsenior

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:20 pm

Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:31 pm

I saw that mentioned on EW's Twitter and got quite happily flustered myself!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:26 am

The comments on that link just remind me that there's nothing I can get excited about that a bunch of assholes aren't going to try and rain on everyone's parade.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:03 am

There are people who just refuse to ever be excited over anything and fully expect a shitshow no matter what. Maybe they just wanna setting their minds up for disaster so that they're never disappointed though? Oh, what am I saying? Some people just wanna be pessimistic assholes, plain and simple.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 25  Next