Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upcoming Films

+96
UmaOprah
Kookla
Esme
Gilraen
choubetcha
eventide82
mandalaya
PrincessCleo
katesti
year of the cat
themis
truecrystal
Snarryfan
GoodbyeWithWords
chibimanda
mialoubug
Gillian
Carrie Ann
Coneycat
Sheli
mayram
bookworm
slmader
chick binewski
Arabella
Morning Angel
wenchsenior
easybreezy
Skyblade
Grainne Mhaol
Lurker
TiffanyNichelle
Rhilin
Agent Sculder
Cynara
The Dude
Menshevixen
particle_person
Crowbridge
Matinee
sen3
Cutebutpsycho
Fiammetta
Jude
Lady V
elleth
Case
ulkis
Eris Rising
draco vulgaris
rivki8699
epudom
GeneralErin
QueenSix
BreezyK
MtOlivePickles
puddingcup
tothemax
The Glen
ActonBell
Red Wolf
blooey
Raksha
Paris, Texas
naughty zoot
Luthien
curryalley
punzy
big chicken
dionneshea
sagitare
dinahmoe
Francie Nolan
Unlucky Bear
maxell131313
Miss Moneypenny
laurelin_kit
mrinsouciance
mokey75
Poubelle
laddical
whatthedeuce
bbridges
punkysdilemma
inversed
Kiran
Putli Bai
Instant Monkeys
jstilwe
Esseilte
jcpdiesel21
biakbiak
RiverThames
blixie
queenofdenile
swsa
100 posters

Page 16 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 25  Next

Go down

Upcoming Films - Page 16 Empty Re: Upcoming Films

Post  Putli Bai Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:28 am

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Not me, though. I want to watch that video again.
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:45 pm

Rosamund Pike. I like her. She was great in An Education and Made in Dagenham.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:39 pm

Lifetime is remaking the VC Andrews classic Flowers in the Attic!  And if that isn't a match made in TV movie heaven that gets you excited, they've also managed to cast Keirnan Shipka aka Sally Draper to play Cathy Dollangager.  Mason Dye (whoever he is) will be playing Chris and Heather Graham will be their mother.

I know I should not be excited about this, but my inner 12 year old is just squeeing all over the place. It's about damn time someone re-made that movie, and Shipka is a great choice for Cathy.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:43 pm

It's being discussed in the Publishing forum. Maybe when the movie is closer to air there can be a thread in the TV section? And wow, Kiernan as Cathy, it simultaneously makes me laugh (she found a character with an even more screwed up family than the Drapers) and breaks my brain!

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:52 am

whatthedeuce wrote:There are people who just refuse to ever be excited over anything and fully expect a shitshow no matter what. Maybe they just wanna setting their minds up for disaster so that they're never disappointed though? Oh, what am I saying? Some people just wanna be pessimistic assholes, plain and simple.
Ask Chris did his own take on what he thought a Superman/Batman movie "ought" to be, which is incredibly absurd in a crazy-fanboy way that Chris Sims kind of specializes in. And I don't mind Sims's little fantasy in a "this clearly would never happen Silver Age wackiness".

But then there's the comments along the lines of, "Yeah! This is the ONLY way I'd go see this movie!", and I can't help but think, "You are such a liar. You're seeing it opening night, regardless, so you can register your dislike on the internet as quickly as possible."
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:45 pm

And it looks like Batman will be played by...Ben Affleck.

Yes, let's cast him as a superhero in a tentpole movie. What's the worst that could happen?

Note: I actually liked him in Daredevil, but I'm a bit confused by the thinking, here.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:52 pm

I'll be against hte grain and say I'm willing to see how he does. He is tall, I think he really has improved as an actor, and he might be a good choice for an aging Batman. Frankly its a Zach Snyder film, not much is going to be asked of him but to brood and grunt.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:56 pm

Kiran wrote:I'll be against hte grain and say I'm willing to see how he does. He is tall, I think he really has improved as an actor, and he might be a good choice for an aging Batman. Frankly its a Zach Snyder film, not much is going to be asked of him but to brood and grunt.
That's a good point. I'll also give him a shot, but then again, I've always had a certain fondness for the man himself, if not always for his choices in material. The fandom blowback on this is going to be spectacular, though.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:57 pm

Twitter is BLOWING UP.

I think he'll be better then people are giving him credit for. And frankly even if you hate him, they'll cast a new batman in a new reboot in two years so...
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:05 pm

Eris Rising wrote:The fandom blowback on this is going to be spectacular, though.
That was going to be a given, regardless of who was cast and when. Bale? Blowback. Gordon-Levitt? Blowback. Seasoned character actor? Blowback. Action star? Blowback? Relative unknown? Blowback. If you're going to get crap regardless, go big with it. "Affleck, motherfuckers! Take that!"

(I think he could do a fine job, actually. Lord knows his JLo days prepped him for Bruce-as-Playboy...)
RiverThames
RiverThames

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:13 pm

RiverThames wrote:
Eris Rising wrote:The fandom blowback on this is going to be spectacular, though.
That was going to be a given, regardless of who was cast and when.  Bale?  Blowback.  Gordon-Levitt? Blowback.  Seasoned character actor? Blowback.  Action star? Blowback?  Relative unknown? Blowback.  If you're going to get crap regardless, go big with it.  "Affleck, motherfuckers!  Take that!"

(I think he could do a fine job, actually. Lord knows his JLo days prepped him for Bruce-as-Playboy...)
That's actually a good point. And despite my uncertainty, I've found myself defending the choice against the more...vehement responses over on Facebook.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:17 pm

Because people are going way hyperbolic. Like I get people that aren't happy with the casting. But some more dramatic edges of the interwebs are acting like they cast that squirrely child from Once Upon a Time.

At the end of the day fan expectations can be wrong. I remember the screaming fits that greeted both Anne Hathaway and Heath Ledger and while I'm sure I'll get responses from people who weren't fans of their portrayal, its generally agreed upon that they were really good.

I mean he could very well suck. But who knows. Its too early to call. And again there will be a reboot as soon as they decide to do a solo Batman movie in 2015 or something. As it is in the last twenty years there have now been six live action versions of Batman on film.

Last edited by Kiran on Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:19 pm

Ooooooooookay.

I... don't hate it. He's one of those guys who I generally enjoy whenever he shows up on screen. I think he does brooding leading man really well. And... let me just consider the prospect of a movie with sexy Henry Cavill AND a buffed-up Affleck.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:45 pm

People also flipped out when Michael Keaton got the part in '89 and he did a great job.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:48 pm

My son just yelled, "NICE! I don't think that's bad at all!"

So there's that.
RiverThames
RiverThames

Back to top Go down

Post  chibimanda Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:52 pm

I like Ben Affleck okay. I think he's a pretty good actor, and an even better comedic actor. I just cannot see him as Batman. Bruce Wayne, yes. But when I picture Batman, I think of someone deeply troubled and driven and frankly, dark. That to me is not Ben Affleck. I just don't think I would be able to buy it. But, if there are any movies of his out there where he plays a good broody character, I would be happy to be proven wrong!
chibimanda
chibimanda

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:54 pm

The Town and Hollywoodland.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:02 am

I hope he has his Argo hair.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Skyblade Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:57 am

Wait, didn't he play Superman in a matter of speaking in that? So that's Superman, Batman, and Daredevil? The Big three. When will your hunger be sated Affleck.

I'm more sorry Affleck is in such a hurry to spend the credibility he got back, since like, everything about the production sounds like a mess.

Skyblade

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:11 am

My favorite thing about this is that now I get to see all the fandoms who were really convinced that their guy was going to get the gig. I mean, who knows? Maybe they all were. But based on this casting, I'd say that people like Tyler Hoechlin, Jensen Ackles (hee hee hee), Stephen Amell, etc., were probably never very close to getting the job.

I frankly wish they had gone for someone more like that, because Henry Cavill is/was a C-List guy before this role and I'd sort of prefer to see him against another relative unknown. It would give the series (?) more of a chance to make its own mark. Personally, I'm going to see this as Superman vs. Ben Affleck. And I like the guy! It's just that he's too big of a star for me, and I prefer him in quieter, more down-to-earth roles.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:15 am

This is my favorite response:

Since when is the internet ever pleased? They could created a stargate to the DC Universe and find the actual Batman to play Batman in the Batman movie, and the online nursery that is Geekdom would bitch and whine about it.
RiverThames
RiverThames

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:40 am

Skyblade wrote:I'm more sorry Affleck is in such a hurry to spend the credibility he got back, since like, everything about the production sounds like a mess.
I don't really understand why they cast him, but Hollywood seldom makes sense, so that's fine.  I think he'll probably be fine as Batman, and I have no attachment to the Batman character so even if he sucks, it'll just be another Batman movie that I saw that wasn't good.  What I REALLY don't get is why he's willing to do it.  It took him SO LONG to get from Gigli/Bennifer to Argo.  He worked really hard and earned his current darling position in Hollywood.  If this goes bad, (and of course, it might not), it'll probably go spectacularly bad.  If it goes well, people will probably just be like, "Hey, Ben Affleck didn't suck as Batman.  That was a close one.  Okay, so when does the next Avengers movie come out?"  I don't see how the rewards outweigh the risks here.  If I were Jennifer Garner right now, I'd be curled up somewhere in the fetal position going "NoNoNoNoNoNoNo".

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:43 am

It'll probably make a lot of money, and like, I wasn't the hugest fan of Zach Snyder's superman (I thought the first two thirds were really good, and then the last third was giant fight that lasted too long) but it wasn't embarrassing and it did very well. So while I don't think this will be a critical slam it will probably be financially really successful. And I think ...Ben Affleck did start out as an actor and he was a leading man for a very long time. And he works a lot now as an actor still, but...I imagine he probably misses that leading man adulation that you get when you star in a giant superhero film. Actors be vain.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:03 am

For some reason, I thought it would take awhile for them to cast the latest Batman. I kinda was looking forward to more endless speculation.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:07 am

My favourite was Orlando Bloom. God bless him. I would have wanted to see that for ...just...it'd have been entertaining.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 25  Next