Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies

+118
Heather
mayram
SelfAmused
Pop'n'Fresh
year of the cat
katbeth
xyzzy
nazlan
particle_person
allochthonous
LadyGayle
Coneycat
Gilraen
Tabby
gannetguts
rat kitten
Fraoch
queenofdenile
Algae
Escape
Red Wolf
Swarley
choubetcha
jstilwe
ariadne
bbridges
Cynara
epudom
Matinee
mialoubug
mandalaya
schwa
Never Enough
GoodbyeWithWords
puddingcup
Corvus
Agent Sculder
UmaOprah
Luthien
dinahmoe
Renny Sue
rivki8699
chibimanda
Gillian
PrincessCleo
grayel
eco
sen3
Brainchild
Raksha
tothemax
oxymoron
Eris Rising
QueenSix
sobe
mokey75
demgirl
jcpdiesel21
dionneshea
Lindsay Weir
Cutebutpsycho
lisa
big chicken
Decca
Jude
Miss Moneypenny
naughty zoot
MtOlivePickles
ActonBell
RubyTuesday
MichiSichi
Esseilte
Lis
jaraga
BrightEyes
Grainne Mhaol
The Lady of Shalott
Bob Genghis Khan
Morning Angel
Crowbridge
Poubelle
Sheli
blixie
emrie
maxell131313
nikita
katesti
MLIS
The Glen
punkysdilemma
swsa
Lily Rose
caltrask55
sagitare
Unlucky Bear
laddical
Ceci
narfzz
bookworm
Raised by wolves
TiffanyNichelle
blooey
Genevieve
Carrie Ann
slmader
BreezyK
Melk
Kiran
Jasmine
Jessica
biakbiak
Instant Monkeys
Binky
whatthedeuce
Auroura76
Putli Bai
eventide82
Arabella
122 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies - Page 11 Empty Re: Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies

Post  slmader Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:55 pm

slmader

Back to top Go down

Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies - Page 11 Empty Re: Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies

Post  QueenSix Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:11 pm

I saw a pap picture of Megan Fox the other week on ONTD and I did wonder for a moment if she was pregnant. Good for her.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:50 pm

QueenSix wrote:I saw a pap picture of Megan Fox the other week on ONTD and I did wonder for a moment if she was pregnant. Good for her.
Heh, paparazzi, not pap smear, I hope.

(Sorry, "pap" plus pregnancy and my brain went there.)
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:27 pm

Hee! No, it was definitely a paparazzi picture of her on the street. She can keep any pap smear photos to herself because that is definitely more than I need to know about anybody really!

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:45 am

I saw a mention of her possibly being pregnant in EW, but it's now confirmed? Nice! She seems to adore the hell out of her stepson, so I'm sure she's really looking forward to being a mother.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  rivki8699 Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:46 pm

Maggie Gyllenhaal and Peter Sarsgaard have named their newborn daughter Gloria Ray.
rivki8699
rivki8699

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:17 pm

I like it. Unique without being horrendous. I would have gone with Rae, but other than that...
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Tue May 01, 2012 1:01 pm

According to TMZ (via Ryan Seacrest's Facebook, and yes I am ashamed of this entire post), Jessica Simpson is having her baby.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Tue May 01, 2012 1:07 pm

The Fuggirls just retweeted Us Weekly and they said it's a girl named Maxwell Drew Johnson. Maxwell? Oh who cares, I'm just glad she finally had the baby.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica Tue May 01, 2012 2:19 pm

I was sort of lukewarm on it until I remembered that Ashlee named her baby Bronx. I can live with Maxwell. Maxie is cute, anyway. And I think they are both family names.
Jessica
Jessica

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Tue May 01, 2012 3:25 pm

It's a nicer name than I would have expected from her, tbh. I thought it would be something like Princess Destyni.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainne Mhaol Tue May 01, 2012 3:42 pm

I root for her because I think she's been unjustly reviled and she seems genuinely sweet. Good luck to mother and baby.
Grainne Mhaol
Grainne Mhaol

http://foodcultureinireland.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Tue May 01, 2012 4:03 pm

Grainne Mhaol wrote:I root for her because I think she's been unjustly reviled and she seems genuinely sweet. Good luck to mother and baby.
I tend to feel this way as well.
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Renny Sue Tue May 01, 2012 7:11 pm

Maxwell is not a girl's name. In any way shape or form. If you want to call your child Maxie then NAME her that. Or even Maxine (which is the feminine version. My mum's cousin was named after my grandfather and this is what they had)

I'm also really pissed because my grandfather's name is Maxwell and that was going to be my hypothetical son's name and now everyone will assume I'm just following a celeb. Damn.

Renny Sue

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Tue May 01, 2012 7:16 pm

Maxwell sucks for a girl, but congrats to Jess and...that guy. Whatever his name is.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Renny Sue Tue May 01, 2012 7:22 pm

It's Maxwell Drew which makes it even 'worse'. I read the name and thought 'oh what a lovely name' and then read she'd had a girl and went WTF? Either name by itself would have been OKish but both together?

Renny Sue

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 Tue May 01, 2012 9:38 pm

I'm really hoping they call her Drew. Maxie will get the inevitable "maxi pad" nickname.

Seriously people, why do you saddle your children with names that will be easily mocked?!?
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Tue May 01, 2012 9:56 pm

Maxwell isn't a girl's name. And Maxi will be less cute once her peer group understands menstruation and related products.

Basically, it's exactly what I expected from Jessica Simpson.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed May 02, 2012 11:21 pm

I'd only heard the name last night, and I thought she had a boy! Oops. It's actually a nice name...just rather misleading for a girl.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Wed May 02, 2012 11:31 pm

Naming your daughter Maxwell Drew kind of screams "We wanted a boy!" to me.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  dinahmoe Thu May 03, 2012 12:32 am

I actually really like it.
dinahmoe
dinahmoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Luthien Thu May 03, 2012 9:08 am

Feminine versions of masculine names are going to die out entirely, aren't they? If you wanted to name your daughter Max, once upon a time you chose Maxine, which is a nice name; I had a neighbour named that once. I don't know if this drift toward unisex names is a good or bad thing: maybe it's just an inevitable thing. I have a feminine version of a masculine name, and have always liked that I could be named after someone and yet not have an exact copy of their name. I hope Jessica goes with Drew as a name, because as others have said, the maxi-pad connotation is too easy. I would have avoided Maxine for the same reason, actually.

Luthien

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Thu May 03, 2012 10:17 am

dinahmoe wrote:I actually really like it.
Me too. And normally I hate the masculine-as-feminine trend, but this is cute. And at least it's an actual name, which is more than I would have expected from her.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Thu May 03, 2012 11:21 am

I love the masculine-as-feminine thing, so I have no problem with the name either.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  UmaOprah Thu May 03, 2012 10:40 pm

Yeah, I also tend to like mixed up gender names. If kids want to make up a mean name for someone, they will succeed, no matter what the name.

I think last names as first names are fun and I like when names have a deeper meaning for the parents. People will get over the boy name for a girl. It's a decades-long trend that doesn't look like it's dying out anyway. Whitney, Lindsey, Madison, Stacy, Courtney, Ashley, Kelly, Paris, Shannon, Kimberly, Dana, even Ariel (okay, that was just a fun little exercise. And I could totally add more). And people like boy nicknames for their girls too, so even if she were named Maxine, she'd probably turn into Max eventually. I think it's kind of neat to see that kind of thing happen actually. Anyway. I like Maxwell. Kind of whatever about Maxwell Drew. Hope she owns the crap out of it.

UmaOprah

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next