Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies

+118
Heather
mayram
SelfAmused
Pop'n'Fresh
year of the cat
katbeth
xyzzy
nazlan
particle_person
allochthonous
LadyGayle
Coneycat
Gilraen
Tabby
gannetguts
rat kitten
Fraoch
queenofdenile
Algae
Escape
Red Wolf
Swarley
choubetcha
jstilwe
ariadne
bbridges
Cynara
epudom
Matinee
mialoubug
mandalaya
schwa
Never Enough
GoodbyeWithWords
puddingcup
Corvus
Agent Sculder
UmaOprah
Luthien
dinahmoe
Renny Sue
rivki8699
chibimanda
Gillian
PrincessCleo
grayel
eco
sen3
Brainchild
Raksha
tothemax
oxymoron
Eris Rising
QueenSix
sobe
mokey75
demgirl
jcpdiesel21
dionneshea
Lindsay Weir
Cutebutpsycho
lisa
big chicken
Decca
Jude
Miss Moneypenny
naughty zoot
MtOlivePickles
ActonBell
RubyTuesday
MichiSichi
Esseilte
Lis
jaraga
BrightEyes
Grainne Mhaol
The Lady of Shalott
Bob Genghis Khan
Morning Angel
Crowbridge
Poubelle
Sheli
blixie
emrie
maxell131313
nikita
katesti
MLIS
The Glen
punkysdilemma
swsa
Lily Rose
caltrask55
sagitare
Unlucky Bear
laddical
Ceci
narfzz
bookworm
Raised by wolves
TiffanyNichelle
blooey
Genevieve
Carrie Ann
slmader
BreezyK
Melk
Kiran
Jasmine
Jessica
biakbiak
Instant Monkeys
Binky
whatthedeuce
Auroura76
Putli Bai
eventide82
Arabella
122 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies - Page 12 Empty Re: Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies

Post  Agent Sculder Sat May 05, 2012 2:30 am

The biggest problem with the masculine name for a girl usually doesn't happen until the girl hits school age. My mother is a retired elementary school principal and she will tell you that all of the unisex and masculine names for girls made her and her teachers NUTS, because one of things they try to do is gender balance the classrooms when they make class lists. Her school district just gave her lists of names, and I imagine that happens in a lot of places. And every year they would find they had misclassified children.

I agree that Max is absolutely a cute name for a girl, but at least give the kid the formal name "Maxine" so there is no gender confusion.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies - Page 12 Empty Re: Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies

Post  Crowbridge Sat May 05, 2012 12:11 pm

They will most likely call her Max, so I'm not *too* pearl-clutchy over it. Max is unisex, trendy, and it ends in an 'X', so it has that Jolie-Pitt vibe. I bet anything that's what they will call her.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus Sat May 05, 2012 1:28 pm

Is it noteworthy that the examples going the other way are few to none? Klaus Maria Brandauer hardly counts. Eveyln Waugh? Carol Reed? Not so much 'unisex' as 'male adjacent.'

Doesn't seem to bother the Russians, they'll stick an -a on anybody.
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Sat May 05, 2012 3:45 pm

It seems as though once a masculine name becomes very, very popular for girls, that's pretty much the end of it for boys, most of the time. I think that's why you don't find many males named Kelly, Courtney, or Leslie anymore. Taylor's still hanging in there for both, and maybe Robin? But I can't think of a whole lot more.

So yeah, Corvus, I can't think of any name that started as feminine and changed to masculine. Kind of sad, now that I think about it.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  dinahmoe Sat May 05, 2012 6:24 pm

I think my family may be the last mainstay, and my male cousins (Kerry and Tracy) are now 40 and 50 years old respectively, so I think they might be the end of the line as far as that goes.
dinahmoe
dinahmoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Sat May 05, 2012 6:34 pm

I like names like Stacy, Tracy, Cary, and Kelly on boys. And I hate the sexism that prevents people from using names like that once they cross over to the girls' side.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Sat May 05, 2012 6:43 pm

What about those names that I think of as Pottery Barn -er names: Hunter, Parker, Cooper, etc. Still popular for both boys and girls. I'm not into any of them personally, because they all sound the same to me.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  dinahmoe Sat May 05, 2012 7:38 pm

I have a friend who has twin boys named Hunter and Chase. I can't help but think of them as The Predator Children.
dinahmoe
dinahmoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Sat May 05, 2012 10:40 pm

puddingcup wrote:What about those names that I think of as Pottery Barn -er names: Hunter, Parker, Cooper, etc. Still popular for both boys and girls. I'm not into any of them personally, because they all sound the same to me.
I work at a high school, and there are two female students named Hunter. Oddly enough, it seems to suit both of them.

I like Parker for a girl. I hope a celebrity uses it so it can jump up the girl charts just a leetle.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Sat May 05, 2012 11:22 pm

My nieces name is River Taylor so she has two unisex names. And roughly half her social circle/boyfriends are named either Taylor or Cody/Kodi. When she was baby I was fascinated by people who coded her male, not for her name so much as she was this sturdy little toddler who wore overalls most of the time.

I actually quite like Maxwell Drew as a name even for a girl, too bad her dad is a gold digger and her mom is intelligence challenged, but at least she'll be heiress to a Cute Shoe fortune.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Sun May 06, 2012 1:23 am

I have a male friend named Stacy, who has the deepest voice ever. He uses it to mess with phone solicitors, who never believe him when he says "Yes, this is Stacy speaking."
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Thu May 10, 2012 12:25 am

Anna Faris and Chris Pratt expecting they're first child. I adore him so much!
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Thu May 10, 2012 1:53 am

Awwwwww, how cute!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Thu May 10, 2012 9:25 am

Aww, yay, they are one of my favorite couples, so much funny and cute in one relationship, I have high hopes for their naming. I know they've been in movies together before, but I do wish someone would write them a great script where they could something ala Lucy/Desi, or George/Gracie.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nikita Thu May 10, 2012 11:39 pm

Aww yay! I love them.

nikita

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 Sun May 13, 2012 9:45 pm

Chris Hemsworth had a baby girl last week named India Rose.
eventide82
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Sun May 13, 2012 11:11 pm

eventide82 wrote:Chris Hemsworth had a baby girl last week named India Rose.

Beautiful name. He's having a pretty good week, isn't he??
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Tue May 15, 2012 2:10 am

Wasn't sure where to post this, but TMZ makes fat jokes about Bryce Dallas Howard. On Mother's Day. Four months after she gave birth to her second child.

Assholes.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Tue May 15, 2012 7:35 pm

Simon Helberg and his wife have a daughter. Her name is Adeline, which is beautiful.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Tue May 15, 2012 7:36 pm

That is a beautiful name!
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed May 16, 2012 1:19 am

Ugh, what a gorgeous name! I had no idea Simon Helberg was even married!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Tue May 22, 2012 11:05 pm

Jillian Michaels adopts a little girl from Haiti.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  GoodbyeWithWords Thu May 24, 2012 9:17 pm

Jillian Michaels and her partner also welcomed a son, Phoenix, recently.

GoodbyeWithWords

Back to top Go down

Post  emrie Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:14 pm

This might be the cutest thing I've seen in awhile. Oprah meets NPH's twins. Awww.

emrie

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:56 pm

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next