Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies

+118
Heather
mayram
SelfAmused
Pop'n'Fresh
year of the cat
katbeth
xyzzy
nazlan
particle_person
allochthonous
LadyGayle
Coneycat
Gilraen
Tabby
gannetguts
rat kitten
Fraoch
queenofdenile
Algae
Escape
Red Wolf
Swarley
choubetcha
jstilwe
ariadne
bbridges
Cynara
epudom
Matinee
mialoubug
mandalaya
schwa
Never Enough
GoodbyeWithWords
puddingcup
Corvus
Agent Sculder
UmaOprah
Luthien
dinahmoe
Renny Sue
rivki8699
chibimanda
Gillian
PrincessCleo
grayel
eco
sen3
Brainchild
Raksha
tothemax
oxymoron
Eris Rising
QueenSix
sobe
mokey75
demgirl
jcpdiesel21
dionneshea
Lindsay Weir
Cutebutpsycho
lisa
big chicken
Decca
Jude
Miss Moneypenny
naughty zoot
MtOlivePickles
ActonBell
RubyTuesday
MichiSichi
Esseilte
Lis
jaraga
BrightEyes
Grainne Mhaol
The Lady of Shalott
Bob Genghis Khan
Morning Angel
Crowbridge
Poubelle
Sheli
blixie
emrie
maxell131313
nikita
katesti
MLIS
The Glen
punkysdilemma
swsa
Lily Rose
caltrask55
sagitare
Unlucky Bear
laddical
Ceci
narfzz
bookworm
Raised by wolves
TiffanyNichelle
blooey
Genevieve
Carrie Ann
slmader
BreezyK
Melk
Kiran
Jasmine
Jessica
biakbiak
Instant Monkeys
Binky
whatthedeuce
Auroura76
Putli Bai
eventide82
Arabella
122 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies - Page 32 Empty Re: Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies

Post  eventide82 Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:12 am

Halle Berry is FORTY SIX??

Wow. She looks amazing!
eventide82
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies - Page 32 Empty Re: Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies

Post  Raksha Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:05 am

eventide82 wrote:Halle Berry is FORTY SIX??

Wow. She looks amazing!

That was my response too! And I was going to say that if I looked half that good at forty-six I'd be thrilled, but frankly if I looked half that good now I'd be thrilled!
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:37 am

I wouldn't have pegged her for forty six either. Hope she has an easy pregnancy and I really hope that her relationship with this baby's father turns out better than the previous one because really, nobody wins and the child ends up losing the most.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:11 am

I wish I could more happy about this, but I've heard Olivier Martinez is an asshole, so...

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:46 pm

Oh, so that news isn't months old! My sis just told me Halle's pregnant this morning, and we were both all, "How did we miss that announcement til now?"

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:06 pm

Ani DiFranco's new baby is named Dante.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:39 pm

I love that name! Excellent choice, IMO.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  emrie Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:06 pm

Not a recent arrival, but I've never seen pictures of Peter Dinklage's daughter before: she's hella cute.

That said, if Zelig is her real name? Oh dear.

emrie

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:32 am

Awww, she's adorbs, and the huge grin plastered on his face in every pic reflects how much he clearly adores her!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:39 pm

Tuc Watkins, late of Desperate Housewives currently of the rebooted One Life to Live just became a single dad of some fucking ADORABLE twins, Curtis, who is his spittin' image and was graced with a fine good name, and a cute daughter who he decided to name....Catchen? Love ya Tuc, but WHUT?

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:46 pm

Curtis is precious! My what big, adorable eyes he has!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Wed May 01, 2013 6:09 am

Not on the celeb front, but a list of baby names banned in New Zealand. For good reason, I might add. I mean, who tries to name their children after a brand of cigarettes?

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed May 01, 2013 9:20 am

I hadn't even known names could be banned! Or well, I suppose I just never thought about it, really.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Wed May 01, 2013 11:00 am

I believe that one of the Scandanavian countries is very strict with names. And I remember here in Australia a news story about a name being rejected because of an accent on the e. So it does happen sometimes, in some places.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Wed May 01, 2013 11:27 am

In Iceland there is a list of approved names and you have to choose from that list.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Gilraen Wed May 01, 2013 12:08 pm

bookworm wrote:In Iceland there is a list of approved names and you have to choose from that list.

I just Googled that list and "Fjord" isn't on it, so I'm still not buying that my co-worker gave her child a real name.

Gilraen

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Thu May 02, 2013 1:57 am

whatthedeuce wrote:I hadn't even known names could be banned!
In the US I'm pretty sure the government (state, federal, or otherwise) can't ban names without running into some major First Amendment issues and having the ACLU all over it. (I know there was that case with the family that named their kid Adolf Hitler, but iirc, there were also plenty of other problems with their parenting, outside just the name, that got DCFS involved.)

Other countries with different laws, though, they can do what they want.

I have to say, while Benson and Hedges are kind of appalling together, at least they sound pretty normal separately. (The last-name-as-first-name thing is pretty standard these days.)
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Thu May 02, 2013 10:09 am

Oh, that makes sense, Poubelle. I was thinking that American names seem to get very outlandish without being banned so maybe there's just more leeway from the government. Funny the example you mentioned cuz I was actually wondering what would happen if someone tried to name their kid after Hitler! He's the first person I thought of where it's just not cool at all to try and replicate the name.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Thu May 02, 2013 8:49 pm

They also had a daughter named Aryan Nation. I'm sure those poor kids were better off in foster care.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Thu May 02, 2013 8:53 pm

I'm American, and I'm uncomfortable with the govt outright banning names (maybe a few exceptions, like naming the kid a symbol or something that can't be written down, or something, for practical purposes), but I think Poubelle pinpoints the issue, that if people are naming their children names like those on the banned list, there are likely much more serious parenting issues involved.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Thu May 02, 2013 9:29 pm

Yes, exactly. If you wanna name your kid after Hitler, you're pretty much screaming that there's something a tad bit wrong with you.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Pop'n'Fresh Wed May 08, 2013 7:44 am

David Tennant and Georgia Moffett became parents again (her third, his second) last Friday, a boy named Wilf.

Last edited by Pop'n'Fresh on Sun May 12, 2013 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Pop'n'Fresh

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Wed May 08, 2013 8:46 am

Rachael Leigh Cook and Daniel Gillies are having a baby. Who is going to be seriously adorable.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  sen3 Wed May 08, 2013 9:12 am

Thanks! I love him:
Says Gillies, "A lot of people are asking whether I'd prefer a boy or a girl. In truth, it doesn't matter to me -- I just can't wait to meet little Keanu Robocop."

sen3

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Wed May 08, 2013 12:59 pm

He's the best.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next