Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies

+118
Heather
mayram
SelfAmused
Pop'n'Fresh
year of the cat
katbeth
xyzzy
nazlan
particle_person
allochthonous
LadyGayle
Coneycat
Gilraen
Tabby
gannetguts
rat kitten
Fraoch
queenofdenile
Algae
Escape
Red Wolf
Swarley
choubetcha
jstilwe
ariadne
bbridges
Cynara
epudom
Matinee
mialoubug
mandalaya
schwa
Never Enough
GoodbyeWithWords
puddingcup
Corvus
Agent Sculder
UmaOprah
Luthien
dinahmoe
Renny Sue
rivki8699
chibimanda
Gillian
PrincessCleo
grayel
eco
sen3
Brainchild
Raksha
tothemax
oxymoron
Eris Rising
QueenSix
sobe
mokey75
demgirl
jcpdiesel21
dionneshea
Lindsay Weir
Cutebutpsycho
lisa
big chicken
Decca
Jude
Miss Moneypenny
naughty zoot
MtOlivePickles
ActonBell
RubyTuesday
MichiSichi
Esseilte
Lis
jaraga
BrightEyes
Grainne Mhaol
The Lady of Shalott
Bob Genghis Khan
Morning Angel
Crowbridge
Poubelle
Sheli
blixie
emrie
maxell131313
nikita
katesti
MLIS
The Glen
punkysdilemma
swsa
Lily Rose
caltrask55
sagitare
Unlucky Bear
laddical
Ceci
narfzz
bookworm
Raised by wolves
TiffanyNichelle
blooey
Genevieve
Carrie Ann
slmader
BreezyK
Melk
Kiran
Jasmine
Jessica
biakbiak
Instant Monkeys
Binky
whatthedeuce
Auroura76
Putli Bai
eventide82
Arabella
122 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies - Page 17 Empty Re: Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies

Post  katesti Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:34 am

YAY I love this. They seem just adorable and happy and as normal-ish as they can.

katesti

Back to top Go down

Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies - Page 17 Empty Re: Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies

Post  Kiran Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:53 pm

Yay!

Also Alex O'Loughlin named his son Lion. I can't. I just can't.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  epudom Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:07 pm

Kiran wrote:Yay!

Also Alex O'Loughlin named his son Lion. I can't. I just can't.

Lion? Lion? I'll happily chip into his legal fund years from now when he flips and assaults both of his parents for lumbering him with that...
epudom
epudom

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:09 pm

Also say Lion O'Loughlin fast. HE NAMED HIS CHILD AFTER A THUNDERCAT BASICALLY.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:19 pm

Do many celebs just hate their kids on sight or something? Why the hell would you name your child LION?! And yes, with a name that dumb, you may as well somehow make it a legal requirement that it must be spelled in caps.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:56 pm

People says the respective parents have already named a kid "Saxon" and "Spike," so clearly they, you know, suck at this naming thing. Somehow O'Laughlin as a surname makes it even worse, which says something for it being terrible to begin with.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:06 pm

I'm retroactively giving up on Alex O'Loughlin and his baby's mama 5 years ago. Or whenever the hell they had and named their first child.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  mandalaya Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:11 pm

The mother's previous child was with another guy, and I think Saxon isn't quite as grievous a name, although it's not myfavorite. This doesn't make it much better, but I'm assuming the kid will be Lion Jones, or Lion Jones-O'Loughlin, which makes it slightly less Thundercatty. But it's still a silly name. Why not go for Aslan, or lion in a foreign language (a friend named her child "lion" in Hebrew - probably sounds stupid to Israelis but sounds fine to me and presumably his classmates)? But the mother named her last child Spike - I think Lion actually got the better deal there. My guess is he and Spike will be rocking their middle names, whatever those are (for their sakes, I sincerely hope those are less lame), or legally creating a new name for themselves.
mandalaya
mandalaya

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:13 pm

I think Spike is better honestly. I mean Spike Milligan, Spike Jones, etc. People have been known to work that name.

Lion is a supporting character at Mystery's compound in the book The Game.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  mandalaya Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:18 pm

I think Spike is better honestly. I mean Spike Milligan, Spike Jones, etc. People have been known to work that name.

Ugh, that just makes me fear that her first child is named Spike Jones. That would suck - I like Spike Jones the guy fine, but not enough to think people should name their kids after him. I guess for me, Lion is just a more pleasing image for a name to convey, if one must have a blunt name. And only if the kid's surname is not going to be O'Loughlin.
mandalaya
mandalaya

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:31 pm

mandalaya wrote:Why not go for Aslan, or lion in a foreign language

Like, say, "Leon" or "Leo." BOTH REAL NAMES.

Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:59 pm

Leo is a really great name. I wish they'd gone with that instead of motherhumpin' LION of all things.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:36 am

Kiran wrote:Lion is a supporting character at Mystery's compound in the book The Game.
HA! That is fantastic.

I don't think I could ever seriously address someone as "Lion."

"There's a phone call for you on line one, Mr. Lion Jones-O'Loughlin," just doesn't roll off the tongue.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:43 am

Even Lionel is better than just plain Lion. What the hell is with these celebs who give their kids dopey names?

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:41 am

I think Lionel's a perfectly adorable name, actually! I like that it's uncommon but not plain stupid. Like LION.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:55 am

Lion is one of those names like Jermajesty that is just never going to sound right no matter how much time has passed.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  oxymoron Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:20 pm

Look, if you're going to name your child after a big cat, why not go exotic and name him Cloud Leopard?

oxymoron

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:39 pm

I'd go with Pallas Cat. Just so I could have a pissed-off looking kid.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:05 pm

Just go all the way with Snow Leopard Mac OS.

Elizabeth Banks welcomes second son Magnus

Unusual name -- doesn't Will Ferrell also have a Magnus?
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:50 pm

Aw, I love Magnus! Congrats to Elizabeth and...who ever the dad is. I forget.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:23 pm

punkysdilemma wrote:

Elizabeth Banks welcomes second son Magnus

Unusual name -- doesn't Will Ferrell also have a Magnus?

Yes, I think he does. His wife is Swedish so his kids' names all reflect that heritage. I like that name.

However, I should have known better than to read the comments at the source. So many judgmental people because she used surrogacy. Many people seem to be assuming she was too busy to get pregnant or want to keep her figure?!? WTF is wrong with people for judging how people have kids (and possibly, they just couldn't get pregnant!)
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:07 pm

So... she's cool with her son becoming the electromagnetically powered leader of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants? Hey, everyone's got a parenting style all their own.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:51 pm

Yeesh, she's been very on the record that she had infertility problems and couldn't get or stay pregnant. Good ol' Internet commenters.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:09 pm

assuming she was too busy to get pregnant or want to keep her figure

Even if she hadn't talked about her infertility issues, I am of the mind that who the hell cares if someone chooses to go the surrogate route for these reasons.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:00 am

Dude, I've never once heard that someone had their baby carried by a surrogate and thought, "That woman must be too lazy or vain to carry the kid herself!" Who the hell automatically jumps to that conclusion? Thanks for shitting on EB for daring to be infertile, ignorant ass commentors. Christ.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next