Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celebrity Feuds

+100
Decca
Snarryfan
eventide82
UmaOprah
jennlynnster
dionneshea
Gilraen
puddingcup
Raksha
Grainne Mhaol
year of the cat
Paris, Texas
ulkis
themis
Muggsy
Jordan Baker
Evil Evelyn
Melk
chick binewski
lisa
Tabby
SarahJanet
Skyblade
Raised by wolves
sobe
mayram
Coneycat
Genevieve
mandalaya
Algae
Morning Angel
rat kitten
ariadne
Corvus
maxell131313
big chicken
Pop'n'Fresh
inversed
laddical
Cutebutpsycho
blooey
punzy
laurelin_kit
Lily Rose
Instant Monkeys
Matinee
grayel
Never Enough
The Glen
Jessica
Cynara
Kiran
dinahmoe
jstilwe
curryalley
emrie
Jude
Arabella
Francie Nolan
slmader
Shadowlass
killershrew
PrincessCleo
sagitare
Swarley
xyzzy
Carrie Ann
salamandersam
GoodbyeWithWords
mrinsouciance
TiffanyNichelle
swsa
whatthedeuce
QueenSix
Binky
rivki8699
Heather
Red Wolf
biakbiak
tothemax
Crowbridge
Miss Moneypenny
mokey75
Gallifrey Girl
Putli Bai
katesti
choubetcha
dreago
particle_person
Poubelle
ActonBell
queenofdenile
naughty zoot
Wildog27
oxymoron
bookworm
blixie
Eris Rising
punkysdilemma
The Dude
104 posters

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

Celebrity Feuds - Page 11 Empty Re: Celebrity Feuds

Post  Shadowlass Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:05 pm

Honestly, as far as I'm concerned anyone who messes with Kelly Clarkson can cram it with walnuts.

I agree with Clive that Kelly sometimes talks without knowing all the facts ... but that being said, I don't think the truth is anywhere in the middle here, I think it's way over on the side there with Kelly. Him looking at it from a business perspective doesn't wash for me, because it's known that he shit-talked her to large groups and deliberately undermined My December ... i.e., the very opposite of being professional or businesslike or even interested in maximizing profit. That was personal retaliation for not being malleable. Fuck him, he should just be happy she didn't change her name to ~:*?<@~ or something.

Shadowlass

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:00 pm

Dear Clive Davis, your argument is invalid.

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:36 pm

I don't know anything about Clive Davis but had always gotten the impression that he was a solid dude. This whole feud with Kelly has really flipped the script though. Has he been known to shit talk artists and blame them for supposed album flops and stuff before?

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:47 am

Music industry support for Kelly via Twitter:

Ellie Goulding ‏@elliegoulding
RT @Popjustice: This is amazing. MT @kelly_clarkson: Hey y'all, So I just heard Clive Davis is ... spreading ... http://tmi.me/L6QSc

@adamlambert Team @kelly_clarkson

@martinamcbride @kelly_clarkson YOU GO GIRL!!!!! Love it.

@JenniferNettles @kelly_clarkson You could sing the phone book and it would be brilliant! Proud of you for speaking your truth. Solidarity sistah!

chantal kreviazuk ‏@chantalkreviaz
@kelly_clarkson loving your courage and truth!!! wow...inspired. xx chantal http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2013/02/19/dont-mess-with-texas-kelly-clarkson-has-a-few-words-for-clive-davis/

Taylor Dayne (@taylor_dayne)
AMEN RT @huffpostent Kelly Clarkson SLAMS Clive Davis in new post huff.to/132ifIe

Lynn Anderson ‏@LynnAshow
Team @kelly_clarkson ! "Because of you" was a beautiful song and u continue to compose and use those huge pipes to the top of the charts.

Richard Marx ‏@richardmarx
Go @kelly_clarkson go. http://www.whosay.com/kellyclarkson/content/515466

Questo of The Roots ‏@questlove
shots fired girl!!! http://bit.ly/XneciO

Chely Wright ‏@chelywright
I just listened to @Kelly_Clarkson sing the Anthem again. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfu0WSy6KGE … She's IT! I believe her account over Clive's any day

Blair Garner ‏@blairgarner
KELLY IS A ROCKSTAR RT @kelly_clarkson: Clive Davis is releasing a memoir and spreading false info about me http://say.ly/GLO5cY7

LeAnn Rimes Cibrian LeAnn Rimes Cibrian ‏@leannrimes
@blairgarner @kelly_clarkson love this girl!

Steve Lillywhite CBE ‏@Sillywhite
good on Kelly Clarkson for calling out Clive Davis for lying. He always reinvented the truth..

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:12 am

You cast Shia LaBeouf and Alec Baldwin in a Broadway play together. How could you EVER predict there would end up being drama? Shia leaves play over "creative differences", then publicizes emails that pretty much let you know that what you assume happen is probably what happened.
In one back-and-forth, he apologizes to Baldwin "for my part of a dis-agreeable [sic] situation."

Sullivan's response: "I'm too old for disagreeable situations. you're one hell of a great actor. Alec is who he is. you are who you are. you two are incompatible. i should have known it. this one will haunt me. you tried to warn me. you said you were a different breed. i didn't get it."

(Sidenote: This is more dramatic than an episode of Smash.)

Another screenshot shows an email from Baldwin to LaBeouf wherein the 30 Rock star reassures: "I've been through this before. It's been a while. And perhaps some of the particulars are different. But it comes down to the fact that what we all do now is critical. Perhaps especially for you. When the change comes, how do we handle it, whether it be good or bad? What do we learn? I don't have an unkind word to say about you. You have my word."
It looks like they've made peace with what happened now, but knowing Shia, I won't be surprised if we hear more of this.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  mayram Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:59 am

Shadowlass wrote:Honestly, as far as I'm concerned anyone who messes with Kelly Clarkson can cram it with walnuts.

I agree with Clive that Kelly sometimes talks without knowing all the facts ... but that being said, I don't think the truth is anywhere in the middle here, I think it's way over on the side there with Kelly. Him looking at it from a business perspective doesn't wash for me, because it's known that he shit-talked her to large groups and deliberately undermined My December ... i.e., the very opposite of being professional or businesslike or even interested in maximizing profit. That was personal retaliation for not being malleable. Fuck him, he should just be happy she didn't change her name to ~:*?<@~ or something.

I love Kelly Clarkson and agree with everyone that her account sounds more truthful and plausible.

As for My December, my anecdotal memory of that album was that it WAS a flop so I'm surprised to see that it actually did quite well in sales. I'm pretty sure Clive is responsible for the way the album is regarded because the flap over it overshadowed everything else.

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  blooey Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:50 am

I'm finding Shia LaBoeuf's pissy twitter meltdown hilarious. Here's a tip: if getting fired upsets you so much, how about maybe next time you don't flip out and punch a hole in the door.

He deleted my favorite tweet from yesterday, but my second favorite is this one:

Shia LaBeouf ‏@thecampaignbook
the theater belongs not to the great but to the brash. acting is not for gentlemen, or bureaucratic-academics. what they do is antiart.

Ooh, burn.

blooey

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:52 am

I think Shia Lebeouf is one of those people that is very talented, but clearly not right in the head, and I am getting the vibe that what happened is that even though everyone thinks hes a good actor, and appears to have some type of fondness for him, he outcrazied a Baldwin brother...which...dude...
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  blooey Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:09 pm

Kiran wrote:I think Shia Lebeouf is one of those people that is very talented, but clearly not right in the head, and I am getting the vibe that what happened is that even though everyone thinks hes a good actor, and appears to have some type of fondness for him, he outcrazied a Baldwin brother...which...dude...

All of this, but the first part especially. Even though there's clearly something wrong with him and has been for years, he keeps getting a pass from a bunch of enablers who like to think of him as ~suffering for his art~. I don't know why this particular aspect of it bugs me so much, but I just feel like a woman would never have gotten away with this for as long as he has, and it drives me crazy.

Like, there was recently that story about how he got into character by getting so crazily drunk on the set of his last movie that Mia Wasikowska was scared of him and, while I'm sure my reaction was supposed to be "Oh, haha, what a talented man," all I could think was, "That poor actress." He's the very opposite of professional and yet he keeps getting work. And not only that, but the people in charge keep praising his pretentious ass. Just... stop.

blooey

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:13 pm

I think with him, up until recently, hes been able to do the work, so people give him a pass. But he seems to be breaking down more and more, so we will see if it lasts.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:30 pm

What I found interesting too was that it doesn't seem like it was straight-up unprofessionalism that led to this.
Mr. Sullivan had become worried about Mr. LaBeouf and his performance choices in the emotionally volatile and ultimately tragic role. Mr. Sullivan spoke at length with both Mr. LaBeouf and the producers about his concerns. When the situation did not improve, the producers decided it was still early enough in rehearsals to replace Mr. LaBeouf.
Reading between the lines, it's like flashing neon "Kid is FUCKED UP". I think that's why he gets some slack from people. It's not just Lindsay type brattiness and stealing clothes and jewelry from photo shoots. People are really worried about his mental health.

Hee, I'm not sure if this "feud" should be "Shia vs. The Stage", "Shia vs. 'antiart'", or "Shia vs. Shia".
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:41 pm

Yeah, I think thats basically it. He seems...like he has genuine mental health problems. Even putting aside his admitted issues with alcohol. I feel like if you took away the drugs and the family, Lindsay Lohan would still be kind of a horrible person. I feel like Shia LeBeouf would be someone with a lot of mental issues. If that makes any sense?

Like I said I read a GQ interview with him about his childhood and his current life years ago and as such I have never been able to make myself hate him or dislike him, just kinda be like "oh, I hope you get help." I feel about him the way I feel about Courtney Love (although thankfully LeBeouf has no kids).

Also, on a completely different note, his rambling A MAN DOES THIS letter makes him sound like he took a bunch of MDMA and watched Game of Thrones season 2 and now over identifies with Jaquen.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  blooey Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:53 pm

I hope he gets help because I do think he's genuinely ill, but I doubt he ever will. Stuff like this email that he just posted makes me roll my eyes. It's like they're just inviting him to continue being a drunken mess. And he's never going to listen to anyone telling him he needs help as long as he's surrounded by people who tell him he's fine. I'm glad that some people are finally starting to express concern for him, though.

Then again, I think Lindsay is also genuinely ill. I think anyone who does that amount of drugs and alcohol for that long is not well. I don't see much difference between them, really. They both had fucked up childhoods courtesy of abusive, drug-addicted fathers and grew up in front of the camera courtesy of stage moms. I feel bad for both of them, but I also feel like they both need to step away from the enablers and start taking responsibility for their actions at some point. She probably is a worse person at this point in time, but I assume that only because she's consumed so many illicit substances that there isn't any original!Lindsay left. All those brain cells are probably long gone.

ETA: I love his "A Man Does This" letter! I don't really get what he's trying to say, but it's entertaining. And his Mamet quotes are great, too. The whole meltdown is just funny.

blooey

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:06 pm

Ever since he talked about seeing his mother naked and having sex when he was a kid, as a regular sort of occurrence, and how she was the sexiest woman he knew and he wished he could marry her...yeah. Issues! Plus wasn't his dad a drug dealer and then Shia was supporting the family from his earnings as a child actor? Whenever he makes headlines for some sort of misbehavior, I just end up thinking he needs major therapy.

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:17 pm

I don't see much difference between them, really.

I do think there is a talent/work ethic differential, but in terms of their childhoods? Very very similar fucked up parents with boundary issues, who farmed them out to win the bread in the family.

To be fair I haven't heard any "unprofessional" stories about Shia, at least within the context of an industry that allows for a lot of bad behavior on the regular. Him supposedly getting stoned with Han Solo during their Indiana Jones movie, and breaking his hand in a bar fight off set are the only two incidents I can think of.

He is a tempermental douche though, and Shia, when you make three Transformer's movies with Michael Bay you no longer can bust on anyone for "antiart".

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Never Enough Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:23 pm

Arabella wrote:Music industry support for Kelly via Twitter:

I can't say for sure, but I've noticed in the last couple of days a local radio station has been playing her music A LOT more. Not just one specific hit song repeated, but serveral different hits of Kelly's. It started right after she made her blog post too. The DJ's haven't said anything about doing this on purpose, but it's really noticable.

re: the tweets, very interesting how some of them seem to be saying they know Clive Davis lies like this and are glad someone is finally calling him out on it.

Last edited by Never Enough on Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Never Enough

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:01 pm

To add to Shia's lame spiral, his letter was plagiarized from an Esquire essay.

He should have plagiarized from Jaqen H'ghar.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:59 pm

Good for Kelly.

I think what I always remember about Shia's childhood is his dad was a heroin addicted birthday clown nam vet who'd make Shia perform with him in the act, and that he was to this day supporting his family.

I think you are right about Lindsay and Shia actually. At this point he does seem to be less of a mess than her, but the sad thing is now would be the time that maybe he would be able to be helped, but as long as he makes money, no one is going to help him.

Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:15 pm

And as if Shia wasn't pressed enough, they replaced him with Ben Foster, who I think most probably see as a definite upgrade.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:16 pm

I have to say I find it a bit self-aggrandising that you'd be posting snippets of emails where people say how great you were. I know he's an actor and they're not exactly the humblest of people but still. And this bit from an email from Rick Sordelet, the fight director on the play:

It must have been difficult for others in the room to be schooled by someone [whose] raw talent and enthusiasm out matched theirs.

Who is he getting at by posting that? Alec Baldwin? I'm no Baldwin stan but I think if you have a problem with a job and it doesn't work out, move on and find another gig and stop with the backhanded compliments to yourself.

However, if he does have issues because of his upbringing, then I get it but I still don't think it shows him in a good light and he's always given me the pip. I think the first Transformers film was the only one of his that I was able to sit through and enjoy. Can't say the same of the other two Transformers films but I brought that on myself! I knew they were bad and I went anyway. I have only myself to blame. *stoic pose*

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:29 pm

I mean, Alec can clearly be a prick, but I don't think his talent should ever be in question. He does more in those 7 minutes than Shia has done in his career.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:51 pm

Oh I enjoy him as an actor and I feel bad because I think he has issues but I imagine he's a total nightmare to spend any amount of time with. Shia I mean. I feel like Alec for all his issues was probably way more pleasant.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:22 am

It surprises me not at all that Shia and Alec are both assholes, but not in ways that go together well. I bet they caused a ridiculously dysfunctional scene. Also, Shia plagiarized his "Be a Man" e-mail from Esquire.

I actually really like both of them as actors, but also think they are BOTH probably nightmares in their own special way.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  mayram Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:19 pm

Howard Stern is Team Kelly

Since the most I'd typically expect from Howard Stern is comments on her weight, it was pleasantly surprising to read his supportive comments about Kelly.

As for his question of why Clive needed to slam her, clearly it's working out for him since people have been talking about his book over all types of media (in that sense, Kelly probably helped him more than she hurt him by publicly refuting his account.

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:47 am

Carrie Ann wrote:I mean, Alec can clearly be a prick, but I don't think his talent should ever be in question. He does more in those 7 minutes than Shia has done in his career.
Schweaty Balls?
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next