Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celebrity Sightings

+61
slmader
The Glen
Raised by wolves
vwlphb
xyzzy
choubetcha
Red Wolf
emrie
eco
Lis
Kiran
MtOlivePickles
Coneycat
eventide82
darthtall
Muggsy
mialoubug
KatOla520
laddical
mayram
bbridges
bookworm
Morning Angel
PrincessCleo
Poubelle
Unlucky Bear
Instant Monkeys
particle_person
Arabella
curryalley
inversed
Sheli
Crowbridge
Escape
punkysdilemma
queenofdenile
blixie
mokey75
katesti
naughty zoot
dionneshea
schwa
mo pie
mandalaya
jstilwe
Cutebutpsycho
dinahmoe
Cynara
Eris Rising
Raksha
epudom
Gillian
spidey_88
TiffanyNichelle
ActonBell
Snarryfan
harvey the penguin
whatthedeuce
Carrie Ann
Miss Moneypenny
Corellderaan
65 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Celebrity Sightings Empty Celebrity Sightings

Post  Corellderaan Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:29 am

Restarting this topic (hopefully that's okay) to say that I just walked past Richard E Grant on my way back from lunch. In typical fashion I did a very unsubtle double-take which he obviously saw.

Corellderaan

Back to top Go down

Celebrity Sightings Empty Re: Celebrity Sightings

Post  Miss Moneypenny Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:46 am

Not my sighting, but one of my best friends' Facebook update just made me smile:

Chuck from Gossip Girl not only talked to me, but called me sweetie. Yeah, that equals a pretty awesome morning. And he totally flies like Chuck does, in a suit and super slick shoes.

She flies as much as a character in Up In The Air, and usually her stories are about drunken businessmen and demon children, so I'm happy that her day started off well for once.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:09 am

I was in NYC this weekend, and saw Reese Witherspoon and her husband (I think it was him) trying and failing to get a cab on Bowery. She was wearing no makeup, and it took me a minute to figure out how I knew her. She's pretty without makeup, I'm sure you're shocked to learn. Then we went into the Bowery Hotel and saw Noel Gallagher glowering in the lobby. I'm pretty sure "glowering" is his only look, right?
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:13 am

Dude, you saw two huge stars consecutively? That is SWEET! (And yes, "glowering" is what the Gallaghers do best, isn't it?)

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  harvey the penguin Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:29 am

I saw Paul Gross on the subway today! He's still just as handsome as he was in Due South!
harvey the penguin
harvey the penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarryfan Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:04 pm

I have seen him a few times at the office but today I worked up the courage to say hello to Michael Eric Dyson, the scholar/activist/author, and tell him I was a huge admirer and he was an inspiration.

EEEE!! I am such a scholar dork!

Snarryfan

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:22 pm

I met him a few years back and geeked out over it, so I join you in scholarly dorkdom.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:34 am

I just saw Matt Smith and Karen Gillan in Chinatown tonight. It was completely random, especially since it was about 2:30am. I may or may not have been drunk enough to yell out "aren't you the new Doctor Who, Matt Smith??" and then completely blanked on Karen Gillan's name. Luckily I was in my sister's car and we drove off.

Oh well, he has a funny story to tell now.

Should this be in the drunk stories thread???
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  spidey_88 Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:59 am

I'm sure with as insane as Whovians get towards them, a drunkish chick on the streets of Chinatown is probably the most normal thing they saw all day.

That said, I'm totally jealous.
spidey_88
spidey_88
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:15 pm

That is a great celebrity encounter. It's probably how I would want one to go down. I would want to be just drunk enough to have the courage to acknowledge the celebrity, but not so drunk that I stick around and make it any worse. Hilarity all around.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  epudom Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:23 pm

About 10 years ago, I was at the closing party of the Edinburgh Film Festival where there was a free bar. After taking advantage of the champagne and vodka, we hit the dance floor, only to see Eddie Izzard there. I realised that I was too drunk to attempt to talk to him, but got to dance in his general vicinity for a few minutes, so was happy enough.
epudom
epudom

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:47 pm

TiffanyNichelle, that is an awesome story! And spidey_88 is right, that's probably one of the less weird encounters they've had.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:01 pm

I think what prompted me to say anything was the fact that a) I was drunk, b) my sister had no idea who they were and encouraged me to say something and c) I was in a car so I had an exit strategy. I think I also said I couldn't wait for the Christmas special and then we were off.

It was in a weird part of NY. We were just at the part where SoHo becomes Chinatown and the street was kind of deserted.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:03 pm

I was about five feet from Fran Drescher last night. Got to hang out in the V.I.P. room during the taping of her Happily Divorced show on TVLand. In contrast to nearly every other female celebrity, she's far more attractive in person than on TV.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:07 pm

OMG. Two weeks ago, on the weekend I was on NH, guess who was at the swanky hotel in my town? HUGH MOTHERFUCKING JACKMAN. (And his family.) I am consoling myself by saying that putting me 150 miles away was the universe's way of keeping me from making a complete ass of myself.

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  dinahmoe Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:35 pm

Eris Rising wrote:I was about five feet from Fran Drescher last night. Got to hang out in the V.I.P. room during the taping of her Happily Divorced show on TVLand. In contrast to nearly every other female celebrity, she's far more attractive in person than on TV.
I've seen pictures of her without makeup and she really is stunning.
dinahmoe
dinahmoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:30 am

Eris Rising wrote:I was about five feet from Fran Drescher last night. Got to hang out in the V.I.P. room during the taping of her Happily Divorced show on TVLand. In contrast to nearly every other female celebrity, she's far more attractive in person than on TV.

OOOOOH! She is gorgeous. And I love her voice, but I'm kind of crazy :D
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  harvey the penguin Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:23 am

Tonight I saw Ira Glass hug Philip Glass. So. That was a thing that happened.

(They're cousins, so it's not THAT weird.)
harvey the penguin
harvey the penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:42 pm

Not that she's really a celebrity, but I'm 80% sure I was sitting a table over from Cassie Claire at tea yesterday. I'd just read the ONTD post about her movie being dropped from development, and the woman looked very much like the picture and she and her friends were talking publishing. I could be crazy though.

Trying to quietly explain the source of her infamy to Mr. Moneypenny was pretty entertaining.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jstilwe Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:10 am

I was about 35 feet away from Quincy Jones and freaking Muhammad Ali tonight, thanks to their surprise appearance at the Lenny Kravitz concert I was at tonight. When Slash and Joe Perry are the least interesting guests at a concert, you know it's pretty damn awesome.

Terrence "Baby Wipes" Howard was also there for some reason, but I'm pretending that didn't happen.

jstilwe

Back to top Go down

Post  mandalaya Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:36 pm

Not that she's really a celebrity, but I'm 80% sure I was sitting a table over from Cassie Claire at tea yesterday. I'd just read the ONTD post about her movie being dropped from development, and the woman looked very much like the picture and she and her friends were talking publishing. I could be crazy though.

Oh my. I met CC about 10 years ago during an LOTR fan gettogether in NYC - she had written the Very Secret Diaries, which were hilarious, and none of the plagiarism accusations had come up yet (that I knew of anyway). She was pleasant and pretty. I'm sure that's an especially awkward screencap of her, but she really hasn't aged well.
mandalaya
mandalaya

Back to top Go down

Post  mo pie Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:01 pm

We went to visit my sister at work on Friday, and right behind her office is the How I Met Your Mother soundstage. They they had just finished shooting the finale, so we ran into the cast and crew. No NPH (sadness) or Allyson Hannigan, but we saw Jason Segal and Josh Radnor, and Cobie Smulders came up and introduced herself because she wanted to say hi to my baby. Cute baby: celebrity magnet! She was very charming and shook our hands and we talked about babies. (And then I snuck onto the soundstage and took pictures.) It was very thrilling!

mo pie

Back to top Go down

Post  schwa Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:50 pm

I went to see "Book of Mormon" last month and Richard Belzer was also in the audience. He naturally had better seats than my family and I had.

schwa

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:15 am

I've been in LA for the past couple of days and my friends and I have seen a few celebs. We saw Jon Bernthal playing basketball shirtless but with EXTREMELY high pants on Venice Beach. Marla Gibbs watched my web series when it was screened at LA Webfest. And, I saw Lisa D'Amato, winner of America's Next Top Model All-Stars this morning at the Hollywood Farmer's Market.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:29 am

Lisa's crazy ass won the All-Stars season? That shocks me more than you seeing her at a farmer's market not urinating on herself (like she did in her own season). Unless she was doing that, and you just left out scuh a detail.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next