Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celebrity Feuds

+100
Decca
Snarryfan
eventide82
UmaOprah
jennlynnster
dionneshea
Gilraen
puddingcup
Raksha
Grainne Mhaol
year of the cat
Paris, Texas
ulkis
themis
Muggsy
Jordan Baker
Evil Evelyn
Melk
chick binewski
lisa
Tabby
SarahJanet
Skyblade
Raised by wolves
sobe
mayram
Coneycat
Genevieve
mandalaya
Algae
Morning Angel
rat kitten
ariadne
Corvus
maxell131313
big chicken
Pop'n'Fresh
inversed
laddical
Cutebutpsycho
blooey
punzy
laurelin_kit
Lily Rose
Instant Monkeys
Matinee
grayel
Never Enough
The Glen
Jessica
Cynara
Kiran
dinahmoe
jstilwe
curryalley
emrie
Jude
Arabella
Francie Nolan
slmader
Shadowlass
killershrew
PrincessCleo
sagitare
Swarley
xyzzy
Carrie Ann
salamandersam
GoodbyeWithWords
mrinsouciance
TiffanyNichelle
swsa
whatthedeuce
QueenSix
Binky
rivki8699
Heather
Red Wolf
biakbiak
tothemax
Crowbridge
Miss Moneypenny
mokey75
Gallifrey Girl
Putli Bai
katesti
choubetcha
dreago
particle_person
Poubelle
ActonBell
queenofdenile
naughty zoot
Wildog27
oxymoron
bookworm
blixie
Eris Rising
punkysdilemma
The Dude
104 posters

Page 15 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

Celebrity Feuds - Page 15 Empty Re: Celebrity Feuds

Post  Binky Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:03 am

Yeah, no, I'm not gonna side with the rich celeb throwing a hilarious public tantrum over being mocked for discussing leather jogging pants. Which should be mocked. And mocked harder knowing the subject is going to melt the fuck down. And then the meltdown should mocked.

How many celebrities rage on twitter over late night jokes? I am going to guess Kanye and maybe Alec Baldwin (that sounds like something he would do).

Being an asshat, when you have a reputation for being an egomaniacal asshat, isn't going to stop the "you are an asshat" jokes.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:12 am

Binky wrote:Yeah, no, I'm not gonna side with the rich celeb throwing a hilarious public tantrum over being mocked for discussing leather jogging pants. Which should be mocked. And mocked harder knowing the subject is going to melt the fuck down. And then the meltdown should mocked.

How many celebrities rage on twitter over late night jokes? I am going to guess Kanye and maybe Alec Baldwin (that sounds like something he would do).

Being an asshat, when you have a reputation for being an egomaniacal asshat, isn't going to stop the "you are an asshat" jokes.
Actually, for all of his utter asshattery, I've never known Baldwin to melt down over late night jokes at his expense.  He's even joined in.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:50 am

Is this feud even for real? With Kanye, it's entirely in character for him to fly off the handle about something benign. Even the idea of him getting more worked up about a late-night comedy bit than "I Hit It First" is not all that implausible.  Kimmel's involvement, though, makes me wonder if this is something his writers cooked up for attention, and this feud was an idea pitched in a meeting along with making that viral video of the twerking girl setting the room on fire. Not the specifics, just the idea of Kimmel being at war with a celebrity, but in a different way than the Matt Damon bit. Kanye seems sort of humorless to go along with an extended TV stunt, but flying off the handle about something innocuous like this is not a good look for someone facing assault charges, either...

Last edited by Arabella on Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:57 am; edited 2 times in total

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  Muggsy Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:54 am

Yeah I'm torn on this one. I think Kanye overreacted but I do also think the skit had some weird undertones.

Muggsy

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:55 pm

I miss Kayne's feud with Darwish!!!
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:16 pm

I think I come down on the side of understanding why Kanye is annoyed, and thinking Jimmy Kimmel can be a real asshole, but also thinking that it would be better if Kanye didn't have such public reactions to things. But then he wouldn't be Kanye, and that would suck. When that audio came out of him post-"Imma let you finish" VMAs, complaining/explaining about why he was mad Beyonce lost the video, I kind of got it. He has a major ego problem, but at the same time, it sucks to feel like you have to work twice as hard to get the attention and accolades your white peers seem to get for lesser work.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:17 pm

My issue with the situation is mostly the fact that he had to rant on Twitter about it after he'd already told Kimmel off. I suppose if I were that pissed off about something, I might wanna shout it out to the world in the hopes that others will share and/or understand my frustration, but it just never ends well. He just ends up looking like the crazy one even if he has a legit reason to be angry.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Pop'n'Fresh Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:46 pm

I think the writer of the Slate article is slightly missing the point. Kanye thinking he's the "biggest rock star of whatever planet he's on" - it's pretty obvious the joke is the "whatever planet he's on" part - that he's not living on earth but Planet Kanye (which admittedly is an incredibly cliched and tired joke that's been around for decades). But the writer seems to think the entire point of that sentence is to mock the fact that Kayne calls himself a rock star when he's actually a rap star, but that rap stars actually ARE rock stars, but that Kimmel doesn't know that, so Kimmel referring to him as a rock star is obviously his way of ... disagreeing that he's a rock star and somehow making a dig about how rap is inferior to rock?

The rest of it is just ranting about how, like, OMG, everyone super hypes themselves and owns a leather jogging "pant" and if you mock that, you're obviously totally ignorant of hip-hop fashion and can't sit at the Plastics' lunch table! Stuff like that gets mocked all the time, as do tons of things from the world of high fashion couture, hipster fashion, emo fashion, tween pop fashion, etc. etc. More or less any fashion trend that is the preserve of celebs and people in the entertainment industry.

I get that there are legitimate arguments to be made over a white comedian acting like hip-hop fashion (which is predominantly African-American) is inherently mockable, because I did find the video problematic. But that article didn't really address that.

Pop'n'Fresh

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:19 pm

My issue with Slate writer decrying Kanye was justifiably robbed of credit and compensation for starting the Leather Jogging Pant Revolution, when he lists a total of four people who have worn the leather jogging pants. Four people no matter how famous does NOT an international (or even a subcultural) fashion trend make, and three of those people are his friends/ inner circle and one is his girlfriend/baby mama. WOW. The idea that Kanye alone in all of hip hop owns the cultural copyright on A leather jogging PANT is absurd and totally mockable. Take a SEAT.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:07 pm

Kayne is going to be on Kimmell tomorrow night.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  themis Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:26 pm

themis

Back to top Go down

Post  Melk Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:43 pm

themis wrote:Piers Morgan vs Jeremy Clarkson, what say we?
Lets err on the side of caution and banish both from the human race.
Melk
Melk

Back to top Go down

Post  Genevieve Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:43 pm

Word. Let them each other up and then salt the earth where the battle took place.
Genevieve
Genevieve

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:24 am

An old favorite, remixed.

Paris Hilton vs. LiLo.

Essentially, Lindsay Lohan is at a party, thinks that Barron Hilton is making fun of her, allegedly talks friends into messing him up. As a result, Paris is burning...with rage.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:33 am

Joan Rivers vs. Jennifer Lawrence. Rivers hasn't misjudged her chances at public sympathy this badly since she went up against Johnny Carson.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/25/joan-rivers-jennifer-lawrence-grow-up_n_4501447.html?ir=Celebrity
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:13 pm

I don't like Joan and I think she should let it go, but since I've grown tired of "average" celebrities like Jennifer Lawrence yapping about body image in that self-righteous way, I can't be on her side, either. Seriously, Jen, just STFU. Please.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:45 pm

"Average" or not, Jennifer Lawrence has publicly been hit with a lot of criticism for her weight. Granted a lot of it is positive attention but she's also gotten comments about her curves and has been called fat (I remember a NYtimes piece that legit spent three paragraphs dancing around calling her too fat for the Hunger Games). And more importantly at the SAGs a couple years ago Joan herself referred to her as a "sausage in the casing". So when she went off on the fashion police about weight shaming it was DEFINITELY earned. Joan has made some gross comments about other celebs like Adele in that regard and Kelly Osbourne took a LOT of delight in fat shaming Christina Aguilera on that show.

So. Team Jennifer. Keep on yapping. Especially since as tiresome as it can be for us to hear celebs who in our views are quite slender talking about their weight, chances are its more a reaction to what they have been told by the industry or feedback they have gotten.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Melk Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:14 pm

I really couldn't be any more team Lawrence on this one. The things she has to say about body image might not be the most insightful or original sentiments in the world, but she does really seem to care passionately about it. I honestly believe she is genuinely bothered by the idea of girls and women feeling like they've got to police their own bodies, and isn't just saying these things for positive PR.

Joan Rivers obviously has a lot of insecurities surrounding her own body, and it seems like she won't be satisfied until every other woman on earth is as insecure about themselves as she is.
Melk
Melk

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:39 pm

For serious, Melk. It amazes me that anyone calls Lawrence fat in the first place. I wonder if people aren't finding reasons to pick on her partly because she's so well-liked.
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:41 pm

I think it doesn't matter how successful you are. If you are a woman your looks are going to get picked apart, particularly if you are in the spotlight. You're too fat. You're too skinny. You're "slutty". You're boring. You can't win.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:02 pm

Kiran wrote:Kelly Osbourne took a LOT of delight in fat shaming Christina Aguilera on that show.
I remember reading a comment from Kelly in People about how Christina was "becoming the fat bitch she was always meant to be."  I know those two haven't been the best of friends, but Jesus it made me uncomfortable.  Especially since the person making that comment has had trouble with her weight and knows firsthand just how hurtful it can be to be called "fat".

Kiran wrote:So.  Team Jennifer.  Keep on yapping.  Especially since as tiresome as it can be for us to hear celebs who in our views are quite slender talking about their weight, chances are its more of a reaction to what they've been told by the industry or feedback they have gotten.
I can see your point, but you zeroed in on exactly what it is that bothers me about "average" celebs talking about their weight/body image.  By most standards, they are still tiny and slim.  When you're a size 12 and on Weight Watchers (*ahem*) it can be frustrating to hear someone like Jennifer Lawrence talk about body image in a way that makes them sound like we're all in the same boat.  Just makes me think, "Whatever, I would kill to look like you, even if you're 'fat' by Hollywood standards.'  HOWEVER, I can recognize that these comments probably are in response to the type of nastiness that comes from the industry, first and foremost, so I get what you're saying.  It's just frustrating to hear sometimes when you're a regular chick and you have a 'fat' day, and you're not feeling very good about yourself, even if it's supposed to have the opposite effect.  Just my two cents.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:05 pm

While I understand why you feel that way, and the end of the day, I agree its awful to hear someone thinner then you talk about how they feel fat (I'm sure there are people who are larger than a size 12 that are like "your my goal size" too, but at the end of the day that doesn't make your feelings about your own body less valid), because naturally it puts us into that mindset of "God, what does that make me.", I think also the problem isn't Jennifer Lawrence. Its the society and industry that is making Jennifer Lawrence feel fat. She also is probably comparing herself to her peers who are quite tiny, for the most part. And her message at the end of it is basically "Stop calling people fat. Stop using that as an insult." and frankly that does need to be said more.

Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:11 pm

I think another thing is that it's a topic that gets talked about so much, you get a little burnt out on it...but then, I can only imagine how these actresses feel, LOL. If I get tired of hearing about it just by reading Marie Claire and People, I'm sure they're ready to blow their brains out every time the subject comes up in interviews. Even if they really do care and want to encourage people to feel good about themselves, you know they must have moments where they're thinking, "This again? Can't we talk about the Yankees, or something?"

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:16 pm

I think another thing to think about is that most of these actresses are asked a LOT about their weight. And its really micro analyzed (Keira Knightley successfully sued a tabloid that blamed her for a girl dying from anorexia.) At the end of the day Jennifer Lawrence is asked a LOT about "her curves" and shes personally been attacked by the fashion police. So I think her basically saying "please stop using that as an insult" is not a negative in anyway.

I still can't get over Joan referring to this outfit as "she looks like an in cased sausage" tbh. Like. Shut up. You are the problem. Like I find Joan fascinating, I loved her documentary, shes done a lot for comedy but all she does is come for women's weight lately.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:24 pm

I don't dig the dress, but "cased sausage"?  That doesn't even cross my mind.  Wow.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next