Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unpopular Fame Opinions You Hold

+99
jstilwe
rivki8699
LadyGayle
ActonBell
Agent Sculder
Gillian
Paris, Texas
gannetguts
Binky
wenchsenior
Gilraen
puddingcup
Morning Angel
slmader
Snarryfan
naughty zoot
Genevieve
ulkis
Melk
Raksha
draco vulgaris
punkysdilemma
mandalaya
Never Enough
dionneshea
Jude
Skyblade
bosoxgirl
Red Wolf
easybreezy
PrincessCleo
mayram
Rhilin
Gallifrey Girl
maxell131313
Kookla
Swarley
oxymoron
Tabby
mrinsouciance
punzy
Corvus
UmaOprah
Coneycat
big chicken
eco
sobe
sunni94
truecrystal
Heather
Putli Bai
VodouDoll
Decca
TiffanyNichelle
Algae
Esseilte
Lis
laddical
mialoubug
bbridges
Eris Rising
Cutebutpsycho
eventide82
Poubelle
Unlucky Bear
Kiran
Cynara
Instant Monkeys
blixie
swsa
Pop'n'Fresh
Miss Moneypenny
Evil Lincoln
mokey75
Matinee
QueenSix
katha
Jasmine
Crowbridge
dinahmoe
Carrie Ann
jcpdiesel21
sagitare
curryalley
biakbiak
caltrask55
Pumpkin Cake
katesti
paablish
Ceci
The Glen
blooey
whatthedeuce
Grainne Mhaol
Sheli
The Dude
tothemax
19uses
queenofdenile
103 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Unpopular Fame Opinions You Hold - Page 8 Empty Re: Unpopular Fame Opinions You Hold

Post  Tabby Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:02 am

The only example I've seen of Pippa's "influence" was a woman on Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta (oh, shut up) who wanted to buy "the Pippa dress" for her wedding. That's a pretty low standard, Time.
Tabby
Tabby

Back to top Go down

Unpopular Fame Opinions You Hold - Page 8 Empty Re: Unpopular Fame Opinions You Hold

Post  Cynara Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:02 pm

At least you can say Pippa and Kate are style/cultural influences to an extent. What's more mind-boggling to me is that Claire Danes is on the list.

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:04 pm

I know a girl named Elizabeth who was inspired by Claire Danes's performance in Little Women to make sure that nobody ever shortened her name to Beth, ever. Not sure if that's the same "influence" as a best-selling author or Steve Jobs or somebody.

I mean, there are actors I wouldn't mind seeing on that list, but they're usually in much more widely watched shows (or at least shows that have captured a bit more cultural zeitgeist--at least someone can argue that Jon Hamm helped inspire more tailored men's fashion and a lot of conversation on masculinity) or major film franchises. Or they produce or write or direct on top of acting.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:45 pm

Cynara wrote:At least you can say Pippa and Kate are style/cultural influences to an extent. What's more mind-boggling to me is that Claire Danes is on the list.

"The World's 100 Most Influential People" is generally a way of saying "Here's 100 people who had a good year".
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:33 am

Or "Here's 100 people whose PR teams were sufficiently aggressive trying to get them into the issue."

(at least that's how I feel about 50 Most Beautiful People)
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  oxymoron Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:59 pm

Jack Black is in a new movie? Why?

I just don't get him. He's like Robin William's less charming younger brother.

oxymoron

Back to top Go down

Post  Swarley Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:54 pm

Huh. I hadn't given it much thought before but I'm kind of meh on him. I liked him well enough in The Holiday and School of Rock but, in general, meh. I don't think he's particularly funny or attractive but he seems kind of harmless and just there.

Swarley

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:21 pm

I feel like I should hate Jack Black and yet I find him quite charming in movies. Then again, I've only ever seen him in Shallow Hal, The Holiday, and School of Rock. I think I should actually see myself out for liking Shallow Hal. That movie is terrible and offensive, but JB makes me laugh so hard as Hal cuz he's such a ridiculous doof.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:21 pm

I find Jack Black charming and hilarious when compared to Zach Galifianakis. I don't get what is so great or funny about that guy. The first time I saw The Hangover, I thought he was funny, but that's about it.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  dinahmoe Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:06 am

Jack Black annoys me sometimes, charms me sometimes. And I think he has a really cute face.
dinahmoe
dinahmoe

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:27 am

I don't love a lot of his movies, but I weirdly like Jack Black. We actually just watched High Fidelity a couple of nights ago and I forgot how much I liked him in that film.
eventide82
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainne Mhaol Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:31 pm

I don't like Kate Winslet as an actress. I don't think I've ever seen her give a performance that didn't seem forced (except for Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, where her character was meant to be over-the-top and slightly grating). There's nothing subtle or interesting about her acting. And I know she was young, but I think her much lauded performance in Heavenly Creatures was painful to watch.
Grainne Mhaol
Grainne Mhaol

http://foodcultureinireland.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  eco Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:30 pm

The only movies I have ever liked Kate Winslet in were The Holiday and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

I like Jack Black, and pretty much love him in School of Rock and The Holiday.

eco

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:37 pm

I really enjoy Jack Black in children's entertainment (School of Rock, appearances on Sesame Street and Yo Gabba Gabba), less so otherwise. He's kind of like the living embodiment of Animal from the muppets (which made his appearance in the movie even funnier).
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kookla Tue May 01, 2012 9:02 pm

I am quite enjoying Clay Aiken on the Celebrity Apprentice. I actually like him both as a singer and a person, and I think he was frequently and unfairly targeted by media bullies for doing nothing, as far as I can tell, other than daring to exist.

Kookla

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 Tue May 01, 2012 9:35 pm

I agree, Kookla. I fully expect him to win Celebrity Apprentice. Trump seems to really like him, and several of the other contestants that have been eliminated have said they didn't expect to like him and did. His blog on NBC is an interesting read.

I don't know if this is necessarily an unpopular opinion, but I'd never heard of Lisa Lampanelli and Aubrey O'Day before this show and due to their psychotic and narcissisitic personalities, if I never hear of them again, I'll be a happy woman.
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Tue May 01, 2012 10:01 pm

maxell131313 wrote:I don't know if this is necessarily an unpopular opinion, but I'd never heard of Lisa Lampanelli and Aubrey O'Day before this show and due to their psychotic and narcissisitic personalities, if I never hear of them again, I'll be a happy woman.
Agreed. They are both horrible human beings.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl Tue May 01, 2012 11:01 pm

Go Clay! His strategy of not saying anything in the boardroom unless called upon seems to be a good idea.

Aubrey and Lisa are two of the vilest, foulest people ever. I was going to compose a list of the things they've done that are beyond mean/hypocritical etc etc, but I could feel my blood pressure starting to skyrocket just thinking about it.

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed May 02, 2012 11:20 pm

Aubrey O'Day is on there? I've just found her so offputting for years because she seems so narcissistic. Not surprised to hear that she's less than classy on the show.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Wed May 02, 2012 11:23 pm

Sad, because while she's not my favorite, I quite enjoy Lisa Lampinelli's routines on the various Comedy Central Roasts. Too bad that she's decided to play the obnoxious villain on the show.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Thu May 03, 2012 9:45 pm

Not only has Lisa decided to play the obnoxious villain on this season of Celebrity Apprentice and buddied up with Aubrey, but she is also SO freaking over the top with her emotions. She's cried in at least every other episode, it's gotten ridiculous. And her treatment of Dayana Mendoza started as harmless smack talk behind her back, but turned into full-on bullying that was uncomfortable to watch and revealed some serious personal insecurities.

Speaking of Dayana Mendoza, I don't think she is as dumb as everyone else on the show made her out to be. She had to be doing something right to make it so far on the show. Sure, a lot of her ideas were terrible, but at least she was trying. And I appreciate her devotion to raising money for her charity. Plus, she's gorgeous and occasionally very funny.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Sun May 06, 2012 12:14 pm

I was just watching SNL and Rihanna came out to do her song, and I guess it's called "Birthday Cake," and like literally she's standing up there pointing at her crotch going "Cake cake cake cake cake cake" and I just had one of those "Is this what we've come to as a culture?" moments. I'm sure Rihanna is a nice person, and I certainly take her side in the whole debacle with Chris Brown, and I don't have any particular dislike for her generally, but the ennui that just swept over me, man.

I guess a song sung by a woman about a man going down on her is good for feminism or whatever, but sometimes it's just like, aren't there other things in this giant complicated world to think about? And for reasons other than just finding more objects that you can compare your vagina to?

Just call me Old Grandma Monkeys and wheel me out to the porch of the rest home to watch the sunset, I guess.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Sun May 06, 2012 12:31 pm

Nope, I'm with you. I'm not against songs about oral sex no matter who's performing it (double entendre intentional) or who's receiving it, but the comparison to actual food just grosses me out.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Sun May 06, 2012 1:07 pm

Instant Monkeys wrote:I was just watching SNL and Rihanna came out to do her song, and I guess it's called "Birthday Cake," and like literally she's standing up there pointing at her crotch going "Cake cake cake cake cake cake" and I just had one of those "Is this what we've come to as a culture?" moments. I'm sure Rihanna is a nice person, and I certainly take her side in the whole debacle with Chris Brown, and I don't have any particular dislike for her generally, but the ennui that just swept over me, man.

I guess a song sung by a woman about a man going down on her is good for feminism or whatever, but sometimes it's just like, aren't there other things in this giant complicated world to think about? And for reasons other than just finding more objects that you can compare your vagina to?

Just call me Old Grandma Monkeys and wheel me out to the porch of the rest home to watch the sunset, I guess.
I don't understand why Rihanna is as big as she is...her music borders on formulaic, and her voice is unpleasant and nasally. Also, I'm getting tired of songs about oral sex even though I don't object to them on moral grounds or anything, so I'll wheel you out to the porch.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Sun May 06, 2012 1:41 pm

Instant Monkeys wrote:I was just watching SNL and Rihanna came out to do her song, and I guess it's called "Birthday Cake," and like literally she's standing up there pointing at her crotch going "Cake cake cake cake cake cake" and I just had one of those "Is this what we've come to as a culture?" moments. I'm sure Rihanna is a nice person, and I certainly take her side in the whole debacle with Chris Brown, and I don't have any particular dislike for her generally, but the ennui that just swept over me, man.

I'm with you. All of this remindd me if the faux lesbian thing Katy Perry did. It's just dull now. You want my attention? WRITE SOMETHING HONEST AND REAL.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next