Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unpopular Fame Opinions You Hold

+99
jstilwe
rivki8699
LadyGayle
ActonBell
Agent Sculder
Gillian
Paris, Texas
gannetguts
Binky
wenchsenior
Gilraen
puddingcup
Morning Angel
slmader
Snarryfan
naughty zoot
Genevieve
ulkis
Melk
Raksha
draco vulgaris
punkysdilemma
mandalaya
Never Enough
dionneshea
Jude
Skyblade
bosoxgirl
Red Wolf
easybreezy
PrincessCleo
mayram
Rhilin
Gallifrey Girl
maxell131313
Kookla
Swarley
oxymoron
Tabby
mrinsouciance
punzy
Corvus
UmaOprah
Coneycat
big chicken
eco
sobe
sunni94
truecrystal
Heather
Putli Bai
VodouDoll
Decca
TiffanyNichelle
Algae
Esseilte
Lis
laddical
mialoubug
bbridges
Eris Rising
Cutebutpsycho
eventide82
Poubelle
Unlucky Bear
Kiran
Cynara
Instant Monkeys
blixie
swsa
Pop'n'Fresh
Miss Moneypenny
Evil Lincoln
mokey75
Matinee
QueenSix
katha
Jasmine
Crowbridge
dinahmoe
Carrie Ann
jcpdiesel21
sagitare
curryalley
biakbiak
caltrask55
Pumpkin Cake
katesti
paablish
Ceci
The Glen
blooey
whatthedeuce
Grainne Mhaol
Sheli
The Dude
tothemax
19uses
queenofdenile
103 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Unpopular Fame Opinions You Hold - Page 15 Empty Re: Unpopular Fame Opinions You Hold

Post  bbridges Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:17 am

Obviously the third National Treasure movie is about Aliens. And possibly the moon landing.
bbridges
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Unpopular Fame Opinions You Hold - Page 15 Empty Re: Unpopular Fame Opinions You Hold

Post  gannetguts Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:51 am

I LOVE Nicholas Cage. My guilty pleasure movie is Face/Off.

gannetguts

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:53 am

He's never dull.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:10 am

bbridges wrote:Obviously the third National Treasure movie is about Aliens. And possibly the moon landing.

Is "Doctor Who did it" the SF equivalent of "The Simpsons did it"?
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Swarley Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:19 pm

gannetguts wrote:I LOVE Nicholas Cage. My guilty pleasure movie is Face/Off.

Two words: Con Air.

Swarley

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:35 pm

Give me. The bunny.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:47 pm

puddingcup wrote:Give me. The bunny.

Love that line every time.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Paris, Texas Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:05 am

Con Air is a total pleasure. I'm not even adding guilty there. Probably my second favourite Hollywood action film of the 90s after Heat. Otherwise I only like comedy Cage - Moonstruck, Adaptation, etc.

My Unpopular Celebrity Opinion is James McAvoy - the persona, not the especially actor, who is reasonable enough - is just irritating/pompous/precious enough for me to dislike him. He takes himself that bit too seriously and tries so hard to prove how un-Hollywood he is in interviews. "Oh, Ann-Marie and I live in a little flat we've had for simply ages and own only one second-hand car..." and "Did I enjoy kissing Angelina? Er, no. She was sweating and I ate a tuna sammich before!".

Plus he is seriously Tom Cruise tiny.

Paris, Texas

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:38 pm

I find James so delightful in the TV interviews I've seen so that opinion makes me sad. I do see where you're coming from though I actually have never read any of his print interviews or seen him talk about much besides his actual film work so I've missed anything about how he and his wife live. I just know they're lowkey.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lis Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:15 pm

Well, to quote [oh no! I sadly don't remember who said it...! Still]: Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, even while being violently wrong! Heh. (Though I'm very sure he never said that about Angelina Jolie!)

Lis

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:38 pm

I love James McAvoy. I kiiind of see what you mean, but still love him.  That's ok, more for me.

I saw an interview where he discussed the kissing Angelina thing, and he talked about it very differently. I think he talked about how self-conscious he felt because he had had a tuna sandwich earlier, etc etc. Don't remember any sweating talk.

The tiny doesn't bother me. Jon Stewart is tiny too. Michael J Fox, whom I loved years ago, is the tiniest.

Last edited by puddingcup on Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  blooey Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:44 pm

I'm neutral on James McAvoy, but my unpopular opinion is that I love James Franco in all his glorious douchiness. I'd be really upset if he woke up one day and decided to be a humble, normal, not-at-all-self-involved human being.

blooey

Back to top Go down

Post  wenchsenior Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:19 pm

I agree with Puddingcup AND Blooey. I find McAvoy very charming in interviews, but I've only ever seen a few of them. My first unpopular opinion is that I avoid most interviews with celebs so as to avoid being unnecessarily turned off to someone's work that I otherwise like. But my second unpopular opinion is that I'm inclined to cut celebs a ton of slack, because I can't imagine how appalling I would sound if I had to give tons of interviews where I was asked the same stupid questions over and over. All it takes is a douche-y sentence or two and I'm branded for life!

My third unpopular opinion is that I secretly enjoy observing pretension as a spectator sport, so people like Franco don't bother me. Pretentious celebs get a pass, as long as they are funny, poke fun at themselves (I don't care if it's an act), and not actively asshole-ish. So I see why someone like George Clooney drives people nuts, but I'm just not bothered. Case in point: I was listening to some old interview with David Bowie recently, where he alternated between geeking out over getting to spend days holed up in his cabin on a transatlantic ocean liner watching pretentious, 8-hour, experimental, foreign films, and then making fun of himself for it. His imitation (complete with deep voice) of Iman's deadpan, passive/aggressive, unenthused reaction every time he tries to get her to watch one of these horrors with him, and his delight at having a week to himself to watch them, was hilarious.

If I'm going to read/watch/listen to interviews at all, that's my ideal kind of celebrity: weird, pretentious, funny, and excitable or opinionated. I don't care if they are tiring as hell in real life 'cause I don't have to deal with them. Earnest celebs make boring interviews. McAvoy's sense of humor saves him, IMO.

wenchsenior

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:07 pm

I have no idea whether this is an unpopular opinion or not, but--

I was re-watching Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire recently, and it occurred to me that Robert Pattinson is really, REALLY weird- and creepy-looking. And then I saw a "Celebrity Style" episode on Kristen Stewart, featuring video footage of RPattz, and I decided he is really REALLY REALLY weird- and creepy-looking. I used to think it was just the vampire makeup I saw in the trailers for the Twilight movies, but no, I just find him drastically physically unappealing (although I understand he's quite sweet?)

Is this just me? Because it's okay if it's just me. I'm just wondering.

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:22 pm

He's always reminded me of a miniature version of Richard Kiel, the guy that played Jaws in the old Roger Moore James Bond movies back in the 70's.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:30 pm

I don't think you're anywhere near alone in that opinion, Coneycat, not from what I've seen both on the internet and in real life. I personally think he's very appealing, especially in Goblet of Fire, and there are some photos of him where I think he looks gorgeous. I mean, I love the guy, but even I can see that at some angles, he's strange looking and kind of looks like the late John Belushi.

I know it's maybe comparable to some guys saying they read Playboy for the articles, but I actually like Rob more for his personality than his looks.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:41 pm

Sometimes, I think he's handsome and other times, he's really creepy and unattractive.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:48 pm

Jude wrote:I know it's maybe comparable to some guys saying they read Playboy for the articles, but I actually like Rob more for his personality than his looks.
Which makes a lot of sense, and over time I find someone with an appealing personality ends up better and better looking to me. I find him intermittently darling as Cedric, who is sweet. And I may also be influenced by that trailer for the Twilight movie where he walks into the sunlight, shirtless, and he's all gray--I used to get the full-body willies every time I happened upon that scene because he REALLY looked dead to me!

(Also, I keep finding articles about various subjects online, and thinking, "This is a really good article!" and finding out it was snagged from Playboy!)

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:09 pm

It's like Cumberbatch. I think they both skirt the line of looking like aliens, with BC going right over that edge sometimes, but I still find them attractive in certain circumstances because of their screen presence (more for BC than RPatt), and their off-screen personalities.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainne Mhaol Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:10 pm

I agree that Pattinson looks kind of odd, but he seems really goofy and charming, which mitigates that for me. The whole way through the Twilight commentary, he constantly makes reference to how weird he looks. It's somewhere between delightfully self-deprecating and worrying.

One quote in point:
They show up at the restaurant. "Sometimes I think I look like I’ve had facial reconstructive surgery, like after burns or something," Pattinson says. "My whole head is like I’ve had a face lift." ("A bad one," Hardwicke jokes.)
Grainne Mhaol
Grainne Mhaol

http://foodcultureinireland.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:24 pm

Yeah, I think nobody's harder on Rob's looks than Rob.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:37 pm

Jennifer Lawrence. Why is everyone so in love with her? I'm willing to be convinced, but don't understand all of the hoopla. She seems pretty and nice and talented in an ordinary way, but not an extraordinary one, kind of like a younger Jennifer Garner, or a pre-Brad Pitt Jennifer Aniston. Will I change my mind if I see Winter's Bone (which I don't really want to see, because I've been avoiding movies that are real downers)? (I did change my mind completely about James McAvoy after seeing his performance in Atonement.)

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:53 pm

I think Winter's Bone is JL's best performance, but I haven't seen Silver Linings Playbook. After Winter's Bone, when I saw X-Men Origins, I was disappointed and actually sort of shocked by her performance there. I think she is awful in that movie. But so are most of the actors, aside from McAvoy and Fassbender, so it could be a direction issue. I think she's good in The Hunger Games, but there aren't any moments that really wow me there either.

Speaking of off-screen personalities, I do think that's a big reason people love her. Her face is so expressive and she doesn't seem as coached or scripted in her press conferences and interviews. So she ends up saying funny and ridiculous things, being snarky sometimes, and having very human moments. Like her post-Oscars backstage stuff, which just cracked me up. Some people find her as calculated as I find Anne Hathaway sometimes, but to me, all that stuff comes across as her real personality.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:20 pm

I think real-life Jennifer Lawrence seems funny and snarky, but I also get the impression that a little of her would go a long way, if you know what I mean. In acting, I liked her in Silver Linings Playbook, was indifferent to her in X-Men Origins, refuse to see her in Winter's Bone, and still think she was completely miscast in Hunger Games. (But not as horribly miscast as Josh Hutcherson. Nobody's ever going to convince me he was right for that one!)

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  Gilraen Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:49 pm

I thought she was fantastic in Winter's Bone, and I also really liked her in the Hunger Games. She didn't really stand out to me in either X-Men or Silver Linings Playbook, but in both cases, I didn't feel like there was a ton going on with the character. It's possible she's someone who rises to the level of depth and complexity conveyed by the script or the director, but doesn't add a lot to parts where that's not built in, I guess.

Gilraen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next